Genzyme Employee Reviews

The best place I have ever worked!
Corporate Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 8, 2017
This is a great company, recently acquired by Sanofi and is now called Sanofi/Genzyme. My CEO, Mr. Henri Termeer, died suddenly less than a year ago. He was a mentor and great visionary. I was by his side building a company from 30 employees in Boston/Cambridge, MA to a worldwide mega company with over 20 K employees worldwide. Got to travel and make presentations to many constituancies, including Wall Street.
Pros
MBA on my feet. I learned so much, my CEO was the best/tough mentor
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAOctober 13, 2017
Good place to work, I was treated fairly and with respect..Management was good I was always treated fairly, the work culture was fast paced but interesting.The hardest part of the job was shift work.The best part of the job was solving difficult problem or repair of complex equipment.
Pros
Interesting work, good benefits, good management
Cons
shift work
Director IT - System Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 26, 2017
This is a great company with excellent people and a mission to help people with rare diseases. I highly recommend this company as a place to work.
CSS (Current Employee) –  Southern caSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work , great culture , balanced , great learning experience, meetings are great, benefits are good, room for growth , drug went generic
This was a stepping stone for me
Quality Specialist - Batch Record Review (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I had one job here - review batch records. there was no growth or opportunity here at the time. It was being purchased by Sanofi and everyone was fearful of their job at the time.
Fun and easy place to work within
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 6, 2017
Typical day at work would be slow.
I learned to deal with different emergencies and cultures.
The management lacked communication.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of management because it is hard to know what is expected of you.
I loved my job because the employees that come in to be seen were mostly kind and I got to learn so much from each person that came in.
Pros
experience
Cons
not a realiable job
Not always fun
Consultant Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 29, 2017
The fun has stopped taking place here. It would be so much better if employees could continue to develop their skill sand be recognized as important assets to the company.
Great Company
Staff Scientist-Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 23, 2017
I worked at Genzyme (now part of Sanofi) for over 11 years. I loved every minute of it. Great managment team (sad to hear about Henri Termeer's death this year). Great recognition for work well done, great promotion possibilities, great location and great people.
Excellent
Lead Cytogenetic/FISH Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
Genzyme was an ideal company to work for. The CEO always fought for the employees regardless of the shareholder demand. Benefits were amazing. Mangement was awesome!
Pros
Vacation time and medical benefits
Cons
Fast pasted environment.Great talented workforce.
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAJuly 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Really quality focused environment. Coworkers make the job worth the long commute. Opportunities for advancement are always available.
Pros
Coworkers are helpful.
Cons
Poor training program
Great when economy - place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2017
Some of their management are not good managers to work for. The hardest part is finding a manager who will be honest and let you know what is going on. Recent layoffs have hurt the company and its workforce.
Pros
good salary and beneits
Cons
poor culture when economy is hurting
Very Professional culture with a phenomenal company vision.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 1, 2017
Culture was great
Colleagues were very helpful and friendly
Got great experience from the position
Pay was great
Hours were somewhat flexible
Facilities were beautiful
Odd timing
Senior Area Business Manager II (Former Employee) –  Neuroscience DivisionJune 19, 2017
The company had just been purchased by Sanofi so there seemed to be a lot of confusing with regard to processes. Sanofi had their way of doing things; Genzyme had their way of doing things and they couldn't have been more different.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
targets and supervisors were not clear
Too political
Utilities Technician III (Current Employee) –  Bergen County, NJJune 10, 2017
Not a team oriented environment, no consistency on corporate policies, bullying management, no place for advancement, I wouldn't recommend to any body.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bullying management
Best place to work at
Senior Medical Data Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
I love Genzyme! They are the best company I have ever worked for. Unfortunately the San Antonio location got bought out and we all got laid off but even with that they still gave us 1 year to prepare for the lay off.
A very excellent company with happy individuals that are running the company
Medical Science Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 4, 2017
This is a very excellent company. The culture is great and the managers are very, very helpful. The company bends over backwards to promote individuals that are sincere about their careers and want to advance. The products they have are all needed by the patient population they were made to help. loved working there
Rewarding place to work
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 15, 2017
Rewarding place to be. Knowing that the products manufactured here assist patients with their life and health.

Very dynamic and all eager to produce a great work ethic.

I good place to learn many aspects of the biotech business.

Company has learned by previous mistakes and culture has changed for the best.
Awesome company, a challenging and rewarding job!
Supervisor, Large Scale Cell Culture (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 10, 2017
I couldn't be happier with my job and career her at Genzyme/Sanofi.
Its is a very challenging and rewarding job to know that you make medicine that improves the lives of others. I have learned to work in a fast pace production schedule that has you constantly on your toes. You have to make very calculated decisions, calculations and adjustment to the production schedule daily. We have a great management team that is always trying to improve the process. the hardest part of the job is working nights and the ever evolving schedule. the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
The people, schedule and the pride in helping patients
Cons
no cons all pros
Genzyme to Sanofi
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2017
Genzyme was a great place to work. We all worked towards the health of the patients and great work life balance. Since Sanofi acquired Genzyme the atmosphere has severely changed. Sanofi is policy/form heavy and care less about the patients and employees and more about the stock holders. Management is top heavy and doesn't communicate to employees. Product launches which used to be a company wide celebration are almost a best kept secret. The culture both in Cambridge and Bridgewater is depressing and nobody seems happy.
Pros
decent health insurance options
Cons
Management heavy and no room for individual growth
excellent biotech
Specialty Representative in Renal Care (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJApril 17, 2017
Great experience in a launch situation with a new drug. Had an opportunity to work in initial field experience with RenaGel. Had a great team and lots of fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genzyme. Our community is ready to answer.