Genzyme

Genzyme Employee Reviews

Overall a good Company
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Framingham, MAApril 22, 2015
Fast pace work, co-workers are good. The company is overall a good place to work. The hrs. are long but enjoyable. The management is good to work with and flexible.
good place to work
Clinical Laboratory Associate (Current Employee), Framingham, MAApril 14, 2015
Great co-workers and Job is rewarding. Best part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in someone's life!
n/A
Analyst II (Former Employee), Allston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!
Solid company, great hardworking people!
Project manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great people!
Cons: not always possible to advance.
This company puts forth immense effort into bringing hope and health to those afflicted with rare diseases and MS. In general there is a flexible, comfortable, work environment, and great benefits are provided. Genzyme has performed solidly, and continues to experience growth. You will always find a wonderfully talented, committed, workforce that is fiercely proud of what they do.
Frustrating
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2015
Poor cooperate environment in terms of cooperation and sharing of information. Departments don't communicate with one another and there does not seem like there is enough room for advancement given the current situation.
Great workplace Enviroment
Manufacturing Assistant II (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: state of the art break room and locker room
Cons: sporadic work hours
A typical day at work included line production. Pulling products from warehouse for next projects according to FDA. Storage and preparation of product for scientist. Daily training of GMP(Good Manufacturing Practices) through online coursework and classroom training. The co workers were a diversity of cultures. The hardest part of the job was the sporadic changes of hours. The most enjoy part of the job was the constant training.
Fast paced, multi-tasking, detail oriented team player
Principal Laboratory Animal Technologist (Current Employee), Framingham, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: autonomy, work-life balance, able to make independant decisions
Cons: lack of advancement and salary increase
My day consists of both in vivo study support as well as administrative support. I work on anywhere from 3-6 studies per day. These utilize various species from mice to pigs. I am also responsible for study set-up and input, monitoring biologic contaminant testing and am the groups first aid responder. I cross function amoung our group and science.
Good benefits
Biologics Facilities HVAC Specialist/Technician (Current Employee), Framingham, MANovember 20, 2014
Large company good overall environment. Challenging hurdles at times to overcome, recognition to follow is immeasurable.
Great people to work with,Facilities are dated
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Framingham MaNovember 7, 2014
Typical day at work was a 15 min morning meeting between shifts to discuss what was achieved during the last process shift, any deviations, equipment issues. The shift schedule would then be discussed and technicians assigned. This meeting was repeated at the end of the process day.

I learned to interact with the many departments required to get the work done, for example maintenance and metrology. I also learned how to perform preventive maintenance on columns, process skids and valves which I had not been exposed to before.

my management team was very supportive and always acknowledged when the team had done well. They of course would bring concerns when deviations occurred but always listened to the team to find the root cause

My co-workers was a diverse group. I worked well with everybody. I was a primary trainer in all the process steps and column packing. went on nights for 3 -4 months to train new shifts

Hardest part of the job was adapting to unavoidable last minute schedule changes

I enjoyed working with my team, sharing my knowledge with others and knowing that the products we made improved patients lives
A great place with wonderful people
Sr. Validation Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great culture and co-workers
The mission of Genzyme is to produce orphan pharmaceuticals which make life possible for people which would other wise expire. Genzyme not only produces life sustaining medicine but they give their customers a greater quality of live not other wise possible.

The workers are very friendly happy and committed to their task!
Excellent work environmet, great team.
Global Safety Medical Reviewer (Consultant) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the availability to work remotely
Great company to work with. Worked remotely reported
to office one week of the month. Worked with a great team that were available for assistance 24/7.

A typical days work included but not limited to:
Perform medical review of clinical trial and post-market pharmacovigilance narratives for each case and perform review of literature publications to identify valid adverse drug event reaction report. Create reports to ensure medical content and MedDRA coding and for reporting requirements, participate in preparation of safety reports to regulatory agencies and partner companies. Serve as a subject matter expert and medical resource for continuous improvement projects within Drug Safety in collaboration with other groups.
Consent Decree Madness
QC Raw Materials Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Northborough, MAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: lack of a work/ life balance
My job is to align our Raw Materials procedures with Corporate Standards and the industry standard. The days are 10-12 hours for the most part and weekend work is almost the norm.
Global Marketing Intern, Cardiovascular Department (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 4, 2014
Great experience working at Genzyme. Having worked with the marketing team there was a great learning curve. The employees are committed to their research and are always on point.
Great work atmosphere.Nice colleagues. Learn lot of new things.
Quality Control Analyst II (Current Employee), Framingham, MAOctober 1, 2014
my co workers are the best team players i have worked with...i learned a lot from them and i taught wherever possible...the best part of the job is learning something new everyday
Great company
Associate Director for Operational Excellence (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
This is people oriented company. A lot of team work. Management, especially, my manager at that time, had a great management experience
positive
Purification Technician (Current Employee), Framingham, MASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: helpful employees
great company.knowlegeable .helpful and friendly.competative pay
Inefficient processes, weak leadership, no room for advancement
Former employee (Former Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 25, 2014
This company is very advanced in terms of science and they make great products; however, if you are looking for strong leadership, advancement, and fair pay look elsewhere.
Exciting and fun place to work
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 21, 2014
Very easygoing and motivated staff, fun environment and understanding management
Very good company with great benefits
Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 19, 2014
Have had the opportunity to be involved with many software products, the work environment is great.
Good first company but no room for advancement.
CAD Designer, Engineering Design Group (Current Employee), Allston, MAAugust 12, 2014
I have learned a plethora of information regarding the facilities engineering and manufacturing engineering that goes on in a large pharma plant. I was given more responsibility as my time at Genzyme progressed and I was responsible for maintaining multiple engineering logs, coordinating with higher level engineering managers on an independant basis, as well as independently working with process engineers to complete multiple change control requests as well as large turnover packages required under the consent decree set by the FDA.

1 2 3 4 5