Genzyme Employee Reviews

Great when economy - place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2017
Some of their management are not good managers to work for. The hardest part is finding a manager who will be honest and let you know what is going on. Recent layoffs have hurt the company and its workforce.
Pros
good salary and beneits
Cons
poor culture when economy is hurting
Very Professional culture with a phenomenal company vision.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 1, 2017
Culture was great
Colleagues were very helpful and friendly
Got great experience from the position
Pay was great
Hours were somewhat flexible
Facilities were beautiful
Odd timing
Senior Area Business Manager II (Former Employee) –  Neuroscience DivisionJune 19, 2017
The company had just been purchased by Sanofi so there seemed to be a lot of confusing with regard to processes. Sanofi had their way of doing things; Genzyme had their way of doing things and they couldn't have been more different.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
targets and supervisors were not clear
Too political
Utilities Technician III (Current Employee) –  Bergen County, NJJune 10, 2017
Not a team oriented environment, no consistency on corporate policies, bullying management, no place for advancement, I wouldn't recommend to any body.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bullying management
Best place to work at
Senior Medical Data Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
I love Genzyme! They are the best company I have ever worked for. Unfortunately the San Antonio location got bought out and we all got laid off but even with that they still gave us 1 year to prepare for the lay off.
A very excellent company with happy individuals that are running the company
Medical Science Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 4, 2017
This is a very excellent company. The culture is great and the managers are very, very helpful. The company bends over backwards to promote individuals that are sincere about their careers and want to advance. The products they have are all needed by the patient population they were made to help. loved working there
Rewarding place to work
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 15, 2017
Rewarding place to be. Knowing that the products manufactured here assist patients with their life and health.

Very dynamic and all eager to produce a great work ethic.

I good place to learn many aspects of the biotech business.

Company has learned by previous mistakes and culture has changed for the best.
Awesome company, a challenging and rewarding job!
Supervisor, Large Scale Cell Culture (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 10, 2017
I couldn't be happier with my job and career her at Genzyme/Sanofi.
Its is a very challenging and rewarding job to know that you make medicine that improves the lives of others. I have learned to work in a fast pace production schedule that has you constantly on your toes. You have to make very calculated decisions, calculations and adjustment to the production schedule daily. We have a great management team that is always trying to improve the process. the hardest part of the job is working nights and the ever evolving schedule. the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
The people, schedule and the pride in helping patients
Cons
no cons all pros
Genzyme to Sanofi
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2017
Genzyme was a great place to work. We all worked towards the health of the patients and great work life balance. Since Sanofi acquired Genzyme the atmosphere has severely changed. Sanofi is policy/form heavy and care less about the patients and employees and more about the stock holders. Management is top heavy and doesn't communicate to employees. Product launches which used to be a company wide celebration are almost a best kept secret. The culture both in Cambridge and Bridgewater is depressing and nobody seems happy.
Pros
decent health insurance options
Cons
Management heavy and no room for individual growth
excellent biotech
Specialty Representative in Renal Care (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJApril 17, 2017
Great experience in a launch situation with a new drug. Had an opportunity to work in initial field experience with RenaGel. Had a great team and lots of fun.
Very Good
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 17, 2017
This company has the right people in place to succeed in the future. The product pipeline is very enticing and will continue to grow, with new management and new launches coming in the future. The workforce is very knowledgeable and aware of their skillset.
Pros
Good Product Pipeline, R&D investment is high
Cons
N/a
Too many problems
Upstream Cell Culture Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2017
Genzyme was under consent decree so working in that environment when FDA representatives are there constantly. Working over night hours was the toughest part because I had to work 12 hours shift and dealt with Deviations on a regular basis.
Pros
I didn't have to punch in since I was a the supervisor
Cons
Deviations/consent decree.
Great workplace, with good mentors.
Associate Director, R&D Finance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 19, 2017
Very productive workdays.Lots of interaction with decision makers. Very collaborative environment. A lot of very talented people to work with.
Large company with many good employees and benefit
Senior Expense Admin, Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working at Genzyme. I was always busy tho the training was minimal the co workers and work load was great.

the benefits were amazing and I enjoyed my position.

the hardest part of my job was that there was minimal training and we were expected to learn on our own when it came to new programs.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, large company
Cons
management
Great place.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 15, 2016
Great place , it was just to far for me to continue working as i have a family of four and could not continue working due to the fact that i was not able to make it to my kids bus stop.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant, Temp (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Genzyme the people there were great to work with.I learned alot about giving great customer service as a Receptionist.overall it was a great expercience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Was a great company
Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2016
Was a great company until the contamination issue in Allston destroyed the company. Company eventually was sold to Sanofi and sadly the culture of the company was lost after the acquisition.
Good learning experience
Animal Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 31, 2016
Provided critical lessons learned about both independent, collaborative cultures and strict corporate culture. Great early learning environment in its early years.
not a great place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 26, 2016
Genzyme use to be great but once Sanofi purchased it went down the tubes. They don't care about there employees anymore its all about the money. SAD
Europe oriented company, stressful environment to work in the US
IT Validation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 13, 2016
Everyone is stressed out. Lot's of experienced employees let go and the remaining people are overworked. Benefits are still good but compensation is not what was at Genzyme. Everyone is afraid of another layoff.
Office politics on every level, people get promoted for their support of management and not for work they do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office politics, only ones who close to management get promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genzyme. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval