Genzyme Employee Reviews

Process Improvement Co-op (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 30, 2016
It was an inclusive and enjoyable team environment that provided variation in the types of projects so work was always interesting.
Awesome management team
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 15, 2016
Great team and exciting job. the downside was the company off-shored its level 3 support. there was plenty of excitement and comradary in every day and i would work for the management team all the way up, except to the CIO who will be gone in a couple years when the company realizes how much offshoring has hurt the stability.
Good company
Net Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAMarch 10, 2016
It was a great experience.

Profession environment and laid back culture.

Company is very big and employees have good future.
Pros
Good work. Complex projects.
Cons
Slow Pace
Best R&D organization
Research Assistant/Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 10, 2016
Wonderful and smart scientist. The company had a motivating, learning, and team work environment that made us all happy to work there.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to learn and develop various skills
Great Company
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAMarch 1, 2016
A place where I would get down to work, co-workers are team players, and great people to work with. It is a place where I would work again.
Great place to work, good people but executive management needs to get IT priorities in order.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Great work/life balance. Great people to work with. Sanofi's Genzyme acquisition is having some bumps here and there though. Server OS's and apps are very outdated and executive management doesn't seem to have a handle on priorities leaving the lower management and personal guessing from day to day what direction they need to go in.
solid science poor atmospehere
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 3, 2015
The shift of culture and lack of respect for scientists has driven most to pursue good science elsewhere. The two hardest aspects are routinely running multiple full day experiments/assays within the same day, and coming back to that with zero expectation of advancement or appropriate level of staffing.
Pros
Interesting, high quality science
Cons
very long hours for some, poor compensation, zero advancement
MS launch or Aubagio
Senior Area Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
I had the opportunity to launch Aubagio and complete the launch ranked #6 Nationally out of 144 specialist. Great company culture but with little to no company equity and very balanced company bonus program.
Decent benefits, poor growth opportunities
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAOctober 11, 2015
The company has changed quite a bit since the Sanofi acquisition.

This is a great place to start learning in the field. Wages are pretty stagnant. People used to be respected and treated fairly. If you want to be treated as a number with no recognition or growth opportunities then this is the place for you.

High attrition rates currently which stresses existing staff. Back filling positions with temporary employees who leave after being fully trained.

The benefits are fantastic.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress, Poor Management
Technical Writing
Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAOctober 9, 2015
A typical day consisted of writing SOPs from scratch and working with Engineering, Subject Matter Experts, and Quality to ensure the proper flow of the procedure.
Under consent decree
Senior Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  AllstonSeptember 19, 2015
It is difficult being under consent decree. Stressful. Documentation is chaotic. Management has ideas that don't work in the real world yet they keep promoting the same ideas. Benefits and work life balance are very good. Twelve hour shifts for QA are very difficult.
Pros
A lot of time off
Cons
Twelve hour shifts. Documentation chaos
Awesome Company
IT DIRECTOR - END USER SERVICES / INFRASTRUCTURE (Former Employee) –  Framingham MAAugust 13, 2015
Great company, great people, excellent work life balance and truly cares about the patient. Even after the Sanofi acquisition, still a good company with the right focus on the patient
Re Organization Announced
Regional Accounts Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2015
Global restructuring announced. Cautious of what impact that will have on the Genzyme affiliate here in US. Could change the culture of our business unit.
Pros
biotech heritage
Cons
owned by a French Company
Worst job I've ever had
materials Handler (Current Employee) –  Northbourough, MAJuly 11, 2015
Genzyme is a bad place to work. Co-operation, communication, and camaraderie across departments and even different shifts is non existent. Material operations leadership is bad at all levels. They routinely set people up to fail. Overpaid, underworked and out of touch with workers and basic business practices. Training is poor, or a complete waste of time.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Just about everything else
Fun place to be employed, great benefits, great corporate culture
Senior Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 29, 2015
Call on doctors to promote specialty products, work transversely with partners, develop and execute business plans, comply with regulatory, lunch n learns.
Pros
Helping patients with unmet needs
Cons
My job is challenging but rewarding
Clinical Supplies, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 8, 2015
Even a typical day at work is a challenging day....
Our main goal is to send the packaged Kit (for multiple studies we work with) to the patient on time. To get to this level, I work with different team members to accomplish this goal.
What my department does is secondary packaging of products for multiple trials/studies for rare diseases.
We are always able to turn things around so quickly when emergencies happen due to the team effort and capability of working together.
The people at this company are truly a pleasure to work with and make it enjoyable to come to work.I get to interface with all team members and aspects of the care given to our patients.
In the future, I hope I can find a job with a similar environment because I think this is a huge factor to help become more productive and willing to give more.

Finally, what makes it more important is that I am a part of changing people's lives for the better......
everyone at genzyme feels the good days of this company has passed
Lab (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAJune 1, 2015
everyone at genzyme feels the good days of this company has passed. This company at this time is just making money off of the drug they have on the market. They are not really looking to grow just maintain.
Genzyme was a great place to work
Staff Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 1, 2015
Before the Sanofi takeover, Genzyme was a really close biotech company with emphasis on the patients and the people working there. Once the takeover occurred, a large pharma mentality quickly followed. The emphasis became $$ and people were only an afterthought.
Benefits
Cons
You're just a number
good and challenge place to work
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 23, 2015
Work is 24/7, with timelines that are almost impossible to attain. Great company to work with. Collaborative environment. The hardest issue is that the technical experts and subject matter experts are over resourced, so it is difficult to complete a project within the specified parameters.
very good physical enviroment and people are warm and welcoming
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2015
I am located in the company headquarters in Cambridge. It is an extremely peaceful and healthy environment. The individuals that I interact with are professional, polite and eager to welcome new employees/contractors. It is a great feeling of teamwork and they emphasize respecting employees and contractors. Anyone blessed enough to be hired at Genzyme is extremely fortunate. The hardest part of the job for me is also the easiest part of the job and that is logistics and communication. I love to multi-task and have had multiple opportunities to use my skills in my position. I am an avid event planner and have had the pleasure of working with an event planning team that is / has been outstanding.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, Building is outstanding
Cons
On-boarding might take some time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genzyme. Our community is ready to answer.