Genzyme Employee Reviews

Global Marketing Intern, Cardiovascular Department (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 4, 2014
Great experience working at Genzyme. Having worked with the marketing team there was a great learning curve. The employees are committed to their research and are always on point.
Great work atmosphere.Nice colleagues. Learn lot of new things.
Quality Control Analyst II (Current Employee), Framingham, MAOctober 1, 2014
my co workers are the best team players i have worked with...i learned a lot from them and i taught wherever possible...the best part of the job is learning something new everyday
Great company
Associate Director for Operational Excellence (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
This is people oriented company. A lot of team work. Management, especially, my manager at that time, had a great management experience
positive
Purification Technician (Current Employee), Framingham, MASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: helpful employees
great company.knowlegeable .helpful and friendly.competative pay
Inefficient processes, weak leadership, no room for advancement
Former employee (Former Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 25, 2014
This company is very advanced in terms of science and they make great products; however, if you are looking for strong leadership, advancement, and fair pay look elsewhere.
Exciting and fun place to work
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 21, 2014
Very easygoing and motivated staff, fun environment and understanding management
Very good company with great benefits
Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 19, 2014
Have had the opportunity to be involved with many software products, the work environment is great.
Good first company but no room for advancement.
CAD Designer, Engineering Design Group (Current Employee), Allston, MAAugust 12, 2014
I have learned a plethora of information regarding the facilities engineering and manufacturing engineering that goes on in a large pharma plant. I was given more responsibility as my time at Genzyme progressed and I was responsible for maintaining multiple engineering logs, coordinating with higher level engineering managers on an independant basis, as well as independently working with process engineers to complete multiple change control requests as well as large turnover packages required under the consent decree set by the FDA.
An easy going and low key place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 31, 2014
Genzyme is a good place to have a career at with many opportunities and knowledge to gain.
no very employee friendly...focus on the bottom line - nothing else
HRBP (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: vacation is a bit more generious
Cons: where do i start... no real on-boarding, how they pay is a disaster. if you want to be paid on time and accuracy. don't count on it.
Very complex and not very efficient. Many really very disengaged employees - with not real focus on fixing the issues. INCLUDING a dismal merit increase for the last three years less then 2%... ridiculous.
Easygoing place to work with supportive leadership
Document Specialist II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: presentation opportunities, an environment open to the ideas of all staff
Cons: technical difficulties (i.e.copiers, printers constantly out of order), limited space (this made for some tasks being executed with less efficiency)
The morning would start off with a brief meeting in our department (Quality Assurance Document Control). The purpose of these meeting was to identify the workload and to establish a plan for managing it that day. The team also keeps track of assigned tasks on a board located in a central area which is updated throughout the day.

I have learned a great deal about GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), compliance, the circumstances and consequences of deviating from the written standard operating procedures. I have also become extremely familiar with Fourth Dimension, Livelink, MFG/Pro and Docutrak.

The management was consistent in communicating with the staff. This became crucial during Genzyme's acquisitions by Sanofi and most recently Aastrom Biosciences. My immediate supervisor always made an effort to be available even if it meant altering her often full meeting schedule. This can also be said of her manager as well as the rest of the leadership team.

The greatest challenge of my job was the constant change of priorities. I had to be accustomed to switching the order of my tasks. This was particularly true during crucial projects such as answering internal and external audit observations.

My favorite aspect of this job was the customer service. I enjoyed being able to stand up to the challenges of working with varied personalities and meeting the many needs of my co-workers.
I also had the opportunity to work with a team of talented, energetic individuals. Being a member of this team has truly honed my ability to be a team player.
Everyone is miserable at Genzyme
Associate Director, Global Cell Bank Manufacturing (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
The management culture at Genzyme focuses on driving people into the ground. There is no emphasis on development, innovation, or putting people in the right positions to succeed. Most people who I worked with were stressed beyond belief trying to manage too many priorities, while there were others in the organization who coasted.
Genzyme Review
HVAC Engineer II (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work
A typical day can be either 100 % busy or very slow.

What you learned
I have learned a great deal about time and work management working at Genzyme.
Also, in addition to Engineering skills I have learned a bit about leadership and project management.

Communication at genzyme between upper management and Employees can be shaky at times.

your co-workers
I have not had any issues with co-workers.

the hardest part of the job
The commute to the job was hard.

Also, since genzyme is a Pharmaceutical company the documentation and training was hard to deal with at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job
Working on actual Engineering projects.
Analytical Chemistry Intern (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 28, 2014
independence
good managers
good team
learned a lot of experiments
Productive Job
Senior QA Inspector / Document Specialist (Current Employee), Allston / Nothborough, MAJune 20, 2014
The best part of my job is having the freedom to express myself – to laugh when I need to de-stress; to speak and actually be heard, and to perform not just because I’m paid to do it but because I’m inspired to be the best. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.
Senior Drug Safety Associate
Senior Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MA, USAJune 16, 2014
• Review and process of all adverse events received from investigator sites, consumers and Healthcare professionals.
• Verify the presence of all information required to be a case and request critical missing information for non case by expeditiously contacting the reporter.
• Submit and provide MedWatch, CIOMS or E2b reports as applicable. Update the safety database with the submission date.
• Simultaneously I managed our CRO in India. I worked as a Team Lead for offshore Global PV project, where I monitored Pharmacovigilance operational activities for multiple clinical trials and assisted them to achieve all milestones within defined timeline.
• Worked on Medical writing, where I was working on narrative section of CSR and aggregate reports.
• Identify duplicates and non case. Incorporate physician input, append case files and perform in process quality review for case receipt.
A fun place to work with a great atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJune 7, 2014
Pros: the bond between the employees and the autonomy of being able to work at your own pace
Cons: having to leave
A typical day with Genzyme was great. We spent most of our time at our desks by ourselves billing as many records as we could and they were extremely concerned about our comfort up to the point that they had an ergonomics expert on staff to ensure our physical well being. They had monthly get brunches so that we could all hang out and celebrate our goals, we had monthly birthday celebrations for everyone that had a birthday that month, and it really came across that everyone really respected each other.

The saddest part was that the division I worked for was sold to another company and we all were let go. It was so hard to leave because I loved it there and I probably never would have left.
Good Company
Global Regulatory Affairs CMC and Compliance (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 28, 2014
Good Company for whom to work. Typical day is quite busy; several tasks.
Management Needs Work
Quality Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, maMay 21, 2014
Genzyme is a great place to work if you can get past the management that runs it
rewarding workplace
Clinical Supply Technician (Current Employee), Northborough, MAApril 16, 2014
Rewarding job knowing your helping patients all over the world