Genzyme Employee Reviews

Very Good
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 17, 2017
This company has the right people in place to succeed in the future. The product pipeline is very enticing and will continue to grow, with new management and new launches coming in the future. The workforce is very knowledgeable and aware of their skillset.
Pros
Good Product Pipeline, R&D investment is high
Cons
N/a
Too many problems
Upstream Cell Culture Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2017
Genzyme was under consent decree so working in that environment when FDA representatives are there constantly. Working over night hours was the toughest part because I had to work 12 hours shift and dealt with Deviations on a regular basis.
Pros
I didn't have to punch in since I was a the supervisor
Cons
Deviations/consent decree.
Great workplace, with good mentors.
Associate Director, R&D Finance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 19, 2017
Very productive workdays.Lots of interaction with decision makers. Very collaborative environment. A lot of very talented people to work with.
Large company with many good employees and benefit
Senior Expense Admin, Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working at Genzyme. I was always busy tho the training was minimal the co workers and work load was great.

the benefits were amazing and I enjoyed my position.

the hardest part of my job was that there was minimal training and we were expected to learn on our own when it came to new programs.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, large company
Cons
management
Great place.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 15, 2016
Great place , it was just to far for me to continue working as i have a family of four and could not continue working due to the fact that i was not able to make it to my kids bus stop.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant, Temp (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Genzyme the people there were great to work with.I learned alot about giving great customer service as a Receptionist.overall it was a great expercience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Was a great company
Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2016
Was a great company until the contamination issue in Allston destroyed the company. Company eventually was sold to Sanofi and sadly the culture of the company was lost after the acquisition.
Good learning experience
Animal Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 31, 2016
Provided critical lessons learned about both independent, collaborative cultures and strict corporate culture. Great early learning environment in its early years.
not a great place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 26, 2016
Genzyme use to be great but once Sanofi purchased it went down the tubes. They don't care about there employees anymore its all about the money. SAD
Europe oriented company, stressful environment to work in the US
IT Validation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 13, 2016
Everyone is stressed out. Lot's of experienced employees let go and the remaining people are overworked. Benefits are still good but compensation is not what was at Genzyme. Everyone is afraid of another layoff.
Office politics on every level, people get promoted for their support of management and not for work they do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office politics, only ones who close to management get promoted
great place to work
Corporate Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2016
the company is now part of Sanofi after many mergers. I enjoyed my time there and was exposed to many exciting developments in medicine.
Genzyme
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 29, 2016
I have been at Genzyme for 10 plus years. Most of the mgmt is fair and are flexible. Pay is not great if you have a number of years in the company. People are very nice to work with
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
pay
Good but not great
Lab Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 23, 2016
Big on celebrating personal life successes such as weddings and babies. Great benefits such as time off and medical insurance. However, the pay sucks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough money
Challenging but productive work experience
Reimbursement Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 16, 2016
Good experience overall. Though the environment was very conservative, there was room for growth and improvement. The staff was very nice and the team ethic was strong.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Turnover rate was high
Sanofi very unstable!
See above (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA, Westborough MaAugust 13, 2016
Take heed from someone who enjoyed the great ride of Genzyme, truly a top Mass company until the consent decree.
Worked 20yrs, Mfg, quality, quality systems and IT/IS.
Sanofi IS slashing US workers, the bottom line is more important, in my experienced life, than patients and especially employees.
They discard US employees mostly over EU employees, very unstable.
Proceed with caution.
Pros
Depending on Organization, flextime work from home, 401k match, health
Cons
Regressed, self indulgent cultures, be careful where you interview. The layoffs just dump more work on existing employees, service suffers, process' break and often unknown. Information lost, poor communication of changes all around.
Good pay/benefits, bad career advancement opportunities
Manufacturing Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 11, 2016
Great pay and excellent benefits, but many employees find it difficult to advance quickly (outsiders are typically brought in for new positions) and for "lower level" jobs, the groups are very short staffed while they seem to over-hire the management levels.
Great Place to work, lot's of opportunities
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 5, 2016
Great company to work for if you are a full time employee. Lot's of campus' to choose from, great salary and benefits. Company offers Flex Hours and Work from home options.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
Commute to Allston and Cambridge campus can be difficult
Little room for advancement
Documentation Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 24, 2016
In the four years I've been here, I've seen opportunities for advancement dry up without explanation. The few promotions that I've seen have been with personnel that part of "the inner circle".
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Not for ladder climbers
Genzyme
Senior Information Technologist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 15, 2016
Good company but acquired by a bigger company. The company overall has good work ethic and strong validation
Its who you know not what you do
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 15, 2016
Some good people to work with.
Managements approach is hands-off and does not support employee development. Management plays favorites with certain employees rather than support employees who work hard
Huge turnaround of employees. OK benefits. Stressful environment due to lack of job balancing within departments.
Pros
Benefits, Some good people to work with
Cons
No attempt for employee retention, Favoritism by Management, Work load balance inadequate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genzyme. Our community is ready to answer.