Genzyme Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Biologics Facilities HVAC Specialist/Technician (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 20, 2014
Large company good overall environment. Challenging hurdles at times to overcome, recognition to follow is immeasurable.
Great people to work with,Facilities are dated
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham MaNovember 7, 2014
Typical day at work was a 15 min morning meeting between shifts to discuss what was achieved during the last process shift, any deviations, equipment issues. The shift schedule would then be discussed and technicians assigned. This meeting was repeated at the end of the process day.

I learned to interact with the many departments required to get the work done, for example maintenance and metrology. I also learned how to perform preventive maintenance on columns, process skids and valves which I had not been exposed to before.

my management team was very supportive and always acknowledged when the team had done well. They of course would bring concerns when deviations occurred but always listened to the team to find the root cause

My co-workers was a diverse group. I worked well with everybody. I was a primary trainer in all the process steps and column packing. went on nights for 3 -4 months to train new shifts

Hardest part of the job was adapting to unavoidable last minute schedule changes

I enjoyed working with my team, sharing my knowledge with others and knowing that the products we made improved patients lives
A great place with wonderful people
Sr. Validation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2014
The mission of Genzyme is to produce orphan pharmaceuticals which make life possible for people which would other wise expire. Genzyme not only produces life sustaining medicine but they give their customers a greater quality of live not other wise possible.

The workers are very friendly happy and committed to their task!
Pros
great culture and co-workers
Excellent work environmet, great team.
Global Safety Medical Reviewer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 10, 2014
Great company to work with. Worked remotely reported
to office one week of the month. Worked with a great team that were available for assistance 24/7.

A typical days work included but not limited to:
Perform medical review of clinical trial and post-market pharmacovigilance narratives for each case and perform review of literature publications to identify valid adverse drug event reaction report. Create reports to ensure medical content and MedDRA coding and for reporting requirements, participate in preparation of safety reports to regulatory agencies and partner companies. Serve as a subject matter expert and medical resource for continuous improvement projects within Drug Safety in collaboration with other groups.
Pros
the availability to work remotely
Consent Decree Madness
QC Raw Materials Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 6, 2014
My job is to align our Raw Materials procedures with Corporate Standards and the industry standard. The days are 10-12 hours for the most part and weekend work is almost the norm.
Pros
benifits
Cons
lack of a work/ life balance
Global Marketing Intern, Cardiovascular Department (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 4, 2014
Great experience working at Genzyme. Having worked with the marketing team there was a great learning curve. The employees are committed to their research and are always on point.
Great work atmosphere.Nice colleagues. Learn lot of new things.
Quality Control Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 1, 2014
my co workers are the best team players i have worked with...i learned a lot from them and i taught wherever possible...the best part of the job is learning something new everyday
Great company
Associate Director for Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
This is people oriented company. A lot of team work. Management, especially, my manager at that time, had a great management experience
positive
Purification Technician (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 17, 2014
great company.knowlegeable .helpful and friendly.competative pay
Pros
helpful employees
Inefficient processes, weak leadership, no room for advancement
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 25, 2014
This company is very advanced in terms of science and they make great products; however, if you are looking for strong leadership, advancement, and fair pay look elsewhere.
Exciting and fun place to work
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 21, 2014
Very easygoing and motivated staff, fun environment and understanding management
Very good company with great benefits
Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 19, 2014
Have had the opportunity to be involved with many software products, the work environment is great.
Good first company but no room for advancement.
CAD Designer, Engineering Design Group (Current Employee) –  Allston, MAAugust 12, 2014
I have learned a plethora of information regarding the facilities engineering and manufacturing engineering that goes on in a large pharma plant. I was given more responsibility as my time at Genzyme progressed and I was responsible for maintaining multiple engineering logs, coordinating with higher level engineering managers on an independant basis, as well as independently working with process engineers to complete multiple change control requests as well as large turnover packages required under the consent decree set by the FDA.
An easy going and low key place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 31, 2014
Genzyme is a good place to have a career at with many opportunities and knowledge to gain.
no very employee friendly...focus on the bottom line - nothing else
HRBP (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 20, 2014
Very complex and not very efficient. Many really very disengaged employees - with not real focus on fixing the issues. INCLUDING a dismal merit increase for the last three years less then 2%... ridiculous.
Pros
vacation is a bit more generious
Cons
where do i start... no real on-boarding, how they pay is a disaster. if you want to be paid on time and accuracy. don't count on it.
Easygoing place to work with supportive leadership
Document Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 10, 2014
The morning would start off with a brief meeting in our department (Quality Assurance Document Control). The purpose of these meeting was to identify the workload and to establish a plan for managing it that day. The team also keeps track of assigned tasks on a board located in a central area which is updated throughout the day.

I have learned a great deal about GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), compliance, the circumstances and consequences of deviating from the written standard operating procedures. I have also become extremely familiar with Fourth Dimension, Livelink, MFG/Pro and Docutrak.

The management was consistent in communicating with the staff. This became crucial during Genzyme's acquisitions by Sanofi and most recently Aastrom Biosciences. My immediate supervisor always made an effort to be available even if it meant altering her often full meeting schedule. This can also be said of her manager as well as the rest of the leadership team.

The greatest challenge of my job was the constant change of priorities. I had to be accustomed to switching the order of my tasks. This was particularly true during crucial projects such as answering internal and external audit observations.

My favorite aspect of this job was the customer service. I enjoyed being able to stand up to the challenges of working with varied personalities and meeting the many needs of my co-workers.
I also had the opportunity to work with a team of talented, energetic individuals. Being a member of this team has truly honed my ability to be a team player.
Pros
presentation opportunities, an environment open to the ideas of all staff
Cons
technical difficulties (i.e.copiers, printers constantly out of order), limited space (this made for some tasks being executed with less efficiency)
Everyone is miserable at Genzyme
Associate Director, Global Cell Bank Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
The management culture at Genzyme focuses on driving people into the ground. There is no emphasis on development, innovation, or putting people in the right positions to succeed. Most people who I worked with were stressed beyond belief trying to manage too many priorities, while there were others in the organization who coasted.
Genzyme Review
HVAC Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work
A typical day can be either 100 % busy or very slow.

What you learned
I have learned a great deal about time and work management working at Genzyme.
Also, in addition to Engineering skills I have learned a bit about leadership and project management.

Communication at genzyme between upper management and Employees can be shaky at times.

your co-workers
I have not had any issues with co-workers.

the hardest part of the job
The commute to the job was hard.

Also, since genzyme is a Pharmaceutical company the documentation and training was hard to deal with at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job
Working on actual Engineering projects.
Analytical Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 28, 2014
independence
good managers
good team
learned a lot of experiments
Productive Job
Senior QA Inspector / Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allston / Nothborough, MAJune 20, 2014
The best part of my job is having the freedom to express myself – to laugh when I need to de-stress; to speak and actually be heard, and to perform not just because I’m paid to do it but because I’m inspired to be the best. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.