Genzyme

Genzyme Employer Reviews

Great place to learn and lead
Director of QA (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2013
A place that is under consent decree and in the middle of a transformation from Genzyme to Sanofi. Lot's of learning and change.
Fun workplace
Senior Medical Data Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 8, 2013
Enjoyed working at Genzyme. Sad that the company got bought out and the San Antonio location was closed. Was hoping to retire from Genzyme. Everything happens for a reason.
Great company but due to an acquisition it was downsized and we were no longer needed.
Senior Clinical Data Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Overall, Genzyme was a great company however was top heavy. The decision making & the approval process was very slow (too many hands in the pot). Otherwise, the benefits, salary & educational experiences were very good.
Good corporate culture
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 20, 2013
Performed daily PM. Then completed assigned work orders and special projects as scheduled.
Great people to work with
Sr. Quality Engineer/Principle BSA I (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJune 18, 2013
There are a lot of good people to work with here at genzyme. You can build strong friendships and have a great working relationship as well.
company perfect
Data Entry Administrator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 17, 2013
They had everything perfect as far as I am concearned. I worked there for only 3 months since that was a short term assignment.
Productive, busy environment
Drug Safety Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2013
Genzyme is a buzzing workplace which is constantly challenging its employees. I work in an environment where things are constatnly moving so it is important that we be on our toes as there is a lot to remember in my role.
Merger with larger Pharma company very rough
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Framingham, Ma.May 15, 2013
Great place to work, but difficult merging with a new, bigger Pharma company. Poorly managed and lack of leadership.
Commited to patients
Project Manager Consent Decree (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 9, 2013
Patient commitment is the driving force that motivates an amazing group of engaged employees.
Be careful of this job and the Manager/Director
Manager QA (Current Employee), FraminghamMay 5, 2013
You will be expected to work long hours under a Director that has a very bad reputation for how the staff is treated.
Department worked as a team
Administrative Assistant at Global Patient Safety (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 12, 2013
Pros: flex hours, good training within department
Loved the job and people I had worked with. Would recommend this company to anyone entering into the biotech world.
Great benefits, but that`s about it
Material Handler (Former Employee), Framingham, MAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
I worked in the shipping/rec`ing dept......treated like a slave.... takes years to advance, constantly short handed, mandatory overtime almost every weekend....burned out in 6 months
Professional management team - rewarding opportunities
Manufacturing Supervisor (Purification) (Former Employee), Framingham, MAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: compliance measures are hypersensitive
Professional environment with unlimited growth opportunities.
very profesional, met a lot of great people. Learned plenty of new things.
Buffer Operations - Sr Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Allston, MAJanuary 30, 2013
Got to work met with the prior shift and discussed the schedule and turn-around needed for the shift. Had the opportunity to cross train in different departments. Management was always available and the co-workers were helpful. The hardest thing was getting thru the 12 hour shift cause at times your body or mind would just be exhausted. I enjoyed learning – more... all the different processes and meeting a lot of new people. – less

Gian – May 7, 2013

Hello, I was reading your review, and figure you were the right person to ask, as a former employee. What is the difference between a technician, and associate within the manufacturing department at Genzyme, because on their website both positions job description are very similar, if not the same. Thanks

good environment
ETL Informatica Administrator/Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2013
cool environment, balance work load. A good place to work at this client side location.
Awesome place to work, family friendly
Capital Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 28, 2013
Very easy going and family friendly environment. Respect one another and teach as you progress into various roles within.
Horrible IT Management, poor experience, No Vision
IT Principal Tech (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: salaray, benifits
Cons: stressful, and misguided
Management is misguided and lost in a web of internal political bureaucracy. Sanofi is smothering any existing life out of this company. so sad really.
Fired the day after Christmas due to budget cuts! Sanofi has ruined Genzyme
Clinical Trial Administrator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 31, 2012
Pros: no ones really seems to care what's going on there.
Cons: if you're a person who has pride in thier work and would like it to be rewarded stay far away.
The company is a complete mess since the hostile takeover in 2011. Budgets are now at the mercy of Sanofi (who treats Genzyme like a baby at the nipple) and they give you very little advance notice when things change (namely layoffs!). I sincerely hope Genzyme becomes Sanofi's money pit and their losses outweigh any sort of gain! Bigger they are harder – more... they fall...
Management is null. My team was unaware of my layoff until I called them. Pointless communication chains. Don't even bother with the questions or comments- they don't go anywhere.
I wouldn't bother applying unless you need a temporary job or experience. The only way Sanofi seems to be profiting from Genzyme is by cutting them out of the equation all together and taking their patents. I doubt "Genyzme" will exist by the end of this decade.... – less
Very regimented work day. Everyone looks at time.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJDecember 12, 2012
Time and work!!! Refresh my packaging and gowning knowledge. Stiff management. Beware some are always on the look others great. Using goggles in ISO rooms.
No review
Associate Director, Rare Disease (Current Employee), WalthamDecember 12, 2012
Sad to see Genzyme being sanofized
No vision,
No guidance,
Putting process on the science is the worst thing which can happen to researchers