GEO Care, LLC. Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 28, 2016
Great workplace if your looking to gain knowledge on working with difficult people but also becoming a pro at handling them. I had the greatest pleasure working and learning new things at this company everyday.
Violent location
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FL 33034April 25, 2016
Violent psychiatric patients that are allowed to get away with assaults on staff with no consequences. Understaffed and limited on its performance of its mission.
Generally a very good learning experience!
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 14, 2016
I learned alot at this position that I might not have otherwise obtained and I am very greatful to my colleagues for assisting me when I needed it!
Pros
Very professional work environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement in my department
Interesting place to work if interested in Mental Health
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Typically I administered medications to patients on the different units, did minor assessments of medical complaints when notified by either the patient or one of the techs, and transcribing new medication orders.
Pros
Able to work with my school schedule.
Cons
Was laid of with very little notice due to the company no longer hiring LVN's
ok
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2015
usually very busy. Patients acting up and MHT would be required to keep the peace. It was a stressful place to be, always alert and on guard staff's safety always unpredictable, due to the population we catered to.
Pros
good Job benefits
Cons
staff have no job security
interesting enviroment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 26, 2015
Different situations, awesome co-workers. I enjoy being part of the team. I don't mind the overtime. Salary could be more.
Frustrating
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 20, 2015
Once Was good place to work but, changed Facility Administrator and no longer that way. Hard to get things done. There more paper work involved to get things fixed then should be. my co-workers are great. Upper management is bad. Getting things done for the lack of support. Repairing and maintaining the facility is enjoyable
GEO Care
MHT (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 18, 2015
This is a great job. I would recommend this job for to anyone looking to become a mental health tech. This facilliaty was great place for advancement.
Productive place to learn new skills
mental health tech (Current Employee) –  florida city, flJuly 20, 2015
You will def learn something new everyday as far as handling irate patients and learning skills that could defuse a situation
Okay
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLJuly 20, 2015
The company provides okay rating of improvement but the safety of the employers are greatly at risk. While employment several employees were injured due to lack of security measurements and that alone is not a great policy for the facility.
Pros
Cons
break locations and the safety of the employees
great co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Indiantown, FLMay 21, 2015
Management is more concerned with money than the safety of their employes. put alot of work on some departments becouse other fall short in their duties. most of the employes are great the Dr.s really care for the residents.
Pros
lots of activites
Cons
safety
good work place
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  indaintown FlApril 20, 2015
2013 Working with adults with mental illness and teaching adult classes like- Life skills, illness management, anger management, competency, This position develops, organizes, and facilitates Role Recovery Group Activities for an assigned unit. This position works with the treatment team to fulfill the interdisciplinary treatment (Role Recovery) plan within the standards of the facility. It also is responsible for providing daily activities to help patients who are struggling with mental and emotional problems as well as relationship issues such as trust and self-esteem. Primary Duties and Responsibilities Plans and facilitates group activities; processes and manages a groups dynamics to maximize patient participation. Determines changes and provides documentation of it. Notifies team members of changes through meetings, Re-assesses patients (monthly) to determine readiness to move forward within the Role Recovery Model; documents results of monthly re-assessments. Completes all documentation for New Admission Assessments & Monthly Re-Assessments within a specified time frame, Participates in the planning of special events by working as a team with all departments and programs to meet the needs of the patients Applies sensitivity to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment. Applies knowledge about care and treatment needs for patients of different ages, Provide individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span development needs of each patient.
Pros
nice people
Cons
food
learning experience
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 15, 2015
A typical work day was challenging. In the morning, viisitng with the inmates, making routine phone calls to familes. In the aftenoon, meeting with the staff and inmates individually to assess their progress.. The hardest part of the job was working with some inmates that had severe mental health issues and had a predisposition to violence. The most rewarding part was helping the familes visit in the prison.
Pros
learned a great deal
Cons
dangerous at times
Ok
Recovery plan specialist/ Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  pembroke pinesMarch 5, 2015
SFHS has a caseload of about 50 persons served for each social worker. Will gain valuable experience here but do not expect your co workers to be helpful at all.
Wonderful Opportunities
Mental Health Technician/ Purchasing Clerk/CPHT (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I learned the definition of success within this company. I was able to move up in the company quickly and developed career skills in the process.
Productive and team work with my staff
Monitor/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 14, 2015
I have always enjoyed helping others. As I look back over the time that I have been here, I really enjoy working here. It makes me feel that someone other than my family needs me; that I am appreciated for just smiling at them. None of the people that I work with ever ask for anything too big; they just want to be loved and be able to live a normal life as much as they can. They only ask to be happy and safe. Also, they want to be treated with dignity and respect. So I always told myself that they only want the same things that I want and just to be happy.
Nursing Home that had full Dialysis and Rehab in house.
Nusre Educator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2014
Every shift was busy, You handled family issues, missing laundry, patients getting to dialysis with their breakfasts delivered.
You might do all of the blood draws in house that the unit nurse was unable to attain. Management was positive and fair.
I learned how to deal with all levels of hospice care. I would still be there if my family had not had to move to South Carolina.
Great Company
Resident Monitor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2014
Helping Residents prepare themselves to return back into the community.
Psych Nursing Shines at Geo.
RN Clinical Rotation-Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLOctober 7, 2014
Psych nurses are always doing something new. Great clinical rotations for students. Excellent opportunities for growth
interesting place to work for.
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Working with patients with psych problems in jail. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning everyday how to help the mentally challenge inmates. Observed them getting better every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEO Care, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.