GEO Care, LLC.

GEO Care, LLC. Employer Reviews

Wonderful Opportunities
Mental Health Technician/ Purchasing Clerk/CPHT (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 27, 2015
I learned the definition of success within this company. I was able to move up in the company quickly and developed career skills in the process.
Productive and team work with my staff
Monitor/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 14, 2015
I have always enjoyed helping others. As I look back over the time that I have been here, I really enjoy working here. It makes me feel that someone other than my family needs me; that I am appreciated for just smiling at them. None of the people that I work with ever ask for anything too big; they just want to be loved and be able to live a normal life as much as they can. They only ask to be happy and safe. Also, they want to be treated with dignity and respect. So I always told myself that they only want the same things that I want and just to be happy.
Nursing Home that had full Dialysis and Rehab in house.
Nusre Educator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2014
Every shift was busy, You handled family issues, missing laundry, patients getting to dialysis with their breakfasts delivered.
You might do all of the blood draws in house that the unit nurse was unable to attain. Management was positive and fair.
I learned how to deal with all levels of hospice care. I would still be there if my family had not had to move to South Carolina.
Great Company
Resident Monitor (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2014
Helping Residents prepare themselves to return back into the community.
Psych Nursing Shines at Geo.
RN Clinical Rotation-Psychiatric (Former Employee), Florida City, FLOctober 7, 2014
Psych nurses are always doing something new. Great clinical rotations for students. Excellent opportunities for growth
interesting place to work for.
Practical Nurse (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Working with patients with psych problems in jail. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning everyday how to help the mentally challenge inmates. Observed them getting better every day
INFORMATIVE
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Florida City, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: job advancement
I do not have a typical work day once I'm at work anything could happen or change in a matter of 15 minutes or less. I have learned to be more patience and understanding because thing happen in one's person life may seem different from the rules and culture of USA
Mental Health Facility
Billing Specialist/Office Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 9, 2014
This company is a good place to work for. The company is a mental facility and the patients stay on campus.
Pa
Safety Officer/Acting Supervisor/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Conroe, TexasSeptember 1, 2014
Getting to work on time there is lots to do. Patience and flexibility will take you far with co-workers and patients. Management handles your affairs promptly and professionally. Enjoying the diversity of your environment is a plus.
Community Corrections
Monitor 1 (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2014
Cons: bad expesive health care
Working at a half way house was exciting and challenging. Hard work and lots to watch for.
no team work for nurse..admin awful
Rn (Former Employee), Indiantown, FLMay 28, 2014
Cons: dont care bout staff at all
joke to work for, not recommended, dangerous if unable to express opion..its proof
provide card games ,tv room ,outside court yard breaks.
CNA (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: it can be violent at times
provide meals ,baths,clean clothes linen,vital signs,weights,breaks and patient charting.
Great place to learn new aspects of one's responsibilities.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Florida City, FLMay 23, 2014
In the 7 years that I have worked at Geo I have learned so much. I was trained in various computer software which include Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point as well as MP2 which is utilized for the Maintenance Department.

Staff members have been eager to help and assist in many ways. This practice makes it easy to reach compliance for agencies such as ACHA, Department of Children and Families as well as Joint Commission.
VERY EASY JOB.
CARE OFFICER (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 1, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: expect being attack
VERY EASY JOB BUT SOMETIMES YOUR CO-WORKERS CAN MAKE IT KIND OF COMPLICATED, SO YOU HVE TO PICK UP THE SLACK, BEING THAT THE JOB IS SO EASY I DONT MIND DOING.
productive work place
Custody Officer (Former Employee), Arcadia, FLJanuary 24, 2014
they require a lot of overtime but pay well..co workers were friendly the hardest part of the job would have been the mandatory overtime sometime 4 times week
Terrible pay, great company
MIS Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2013
Sandbox network with plenty of fun projects, light results based management, great people, fun helpdesk, pay was awful for the responsibility required
Mental hospital civil center in prison type setting
TST (Current Employee), Arcadia, FLOctober 17, 2013
Seems like correction work duties but dealing with sexual offenders and different from regular prison systems.co-workers ok management ok.
It was a wonderful learning experience.
Lab Tech/MHT (Current Employee), Indiantown, FloridaAugust 21, 2013
Pros: i was able to challenge my skills.
A typical day at work starts at 6am with lab draws, then i would have to spin the labs label them and get them ready to be sent off to the lab, when completed i then have to assist the clinic with patient visits which includes, vital signs, EKG,snelling chart, and any minor procedures that the doctor needs assistants with. In between or if clinic visits is complete, i finish up by recieving and scheduling future labs,making sure all lab results are signed by doctors and filed in appropriate charts, taking charts back to the units, then schedule dental visits and assisting him with minor procedures if needed.
Psych unit dangerous place to work
mental health tech (Former Employee), Pembroke pinesJuly 26, 2013
Pros: a free gift card for the holidays.
A typical work day at the south Florida state hospital/geocare is to first attend the morning report in order to find out which client is going to attack you while you in duties. I worked as a mental health technician and I must tell you that working in this hospital is not a joke you need to watch your back at all times from person served as well from the back stabbers staff who care less if you get hurt while working on the unit. The person served are the highest priority what ever they said management believed them. The staffs are the punching bag of client not to mention that sometimes you need to supervise clients that very dangerous and aggressive, and some of them want to fight you. I have been in situation that has to run for my life in order not to get hurt. You cannot defend yourself, meaning clients can bang you and you need to stay hit in order to keep your job at this geocare. I have seen many staffs comes and goes others with broken jaws and unable to return back because of injuries. The lock of management is terrible and not to mention the cliché in each unit treat you like a stranger and assigned you the worth client while other staff are in the pantry telling jokes and eating. Terrible place to work
Strong English-language oral/written communication .
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2013
Assisted in providing self- care training and therapeutic treatments to residents of mental prison.
Demonstrated activities such as bathing and dressing to train residents in daily self- care practice.
Administered medications as prescribed by physician.
Observed and documented residents, speech production, and development of treatment goals.

About GEO Care, LLC.

GEO Care, LLC has more than 15 years of experience providing correctional mental healthcare services and operating state psychiatric – Read more

GEO Care, LLC. Salaries