geo

geo Employer Reviews

great place to learn about contracting with agencies
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Thornton, PAJune 27, 2014
learned about contracts with governing agencies and funding
Great Company
Programs Clerk (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 17, 2014
Good company to work for. They are dedicated to their mission.
Busy Work place
Case Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: pto, hours
Cons: healthcare pay
Busy with more then 40 clients a day. I learned how to prioritize assignments. The hardest part was dealing with the supervisor, she was difficult but I learned to overcome her. The most enjoyable part are the co-workers and the people you meet.
Professionalism
Detention Officer (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: co-worker are great
Cons: no raises
Excellence create an organizational environment that encourages excellence in public service
You are disposable and will be treated as such.
Life Skills Worker II (Former Employee), Marienville, PAMay 13, 2014
I have never worked for a company that cared so little about it's employees or their well being. Compensation is poor for extremely stressful work and if you are assaulted by an inmate you will be encouraged not to press charges to the point of having your job threatened.
LEARNING EXP
DRILLING HELPER (Former Employee), Saint Marys, WVMarch 5, 2014
Pros: exp
Cons: no cons
LEADERSHIP SKILLS OVER SEAS DUTIES AND LEARNED WHAT TO DO WHEN PRESSURE IS ON 7 YR OF SERVICE I WILL NEVER REGRET MADE FRIENDS FOR LIFE
In all my years of being employed, I truly enjoyed this position and company the most.
Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2014
This position made for an extremely busy fast paced day. A company merger occurred and each day was a learning experience implementing the new policy and procedures. We worked in connection with the Bureau of Prisons and it was most interesting to me.
Challenging environment / ever changing
Licensed Practical Nurse - Correctional Nurse (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Dealing with patients of different custody levels, clinic setting, noting doctor's orders. Working with clients ( USMS / BOP / ICE ) to arrange outside consults with specialists ordered by the unit physician. Working closely with management with budget issues, employee time management. Co-workers are dedicated, knowledgeable nurses with a great work – more... ethic. Dealing with difficult patients is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. – less
Learned to work with criminals
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Lockhart, TXJanuary 31, 2014
I learned to see how prison people lived, how they spent there daily life behind bars, a lot of the problem was co-workers not the inmates. The hardest part of my job was you had to on your toes at all times just in case something happened. The most fun part was getting to know how the inmates felt, and regretted what they did and to show them how to – more... correct it. – less
Average work situation
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee), South Bay, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of patients and staff.
Cons: prefer not to discuss.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my interactions with the patients/inmates. I was able to instill a sense of hope towards life in general even for those individuals who were serving a life sentence.
Several co-workers were wonderful and shared an enthusiasm for the workplace. They were extremely supportive and encouraging.
Fun and challenging
Security Officer (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about different countries
Cons: worked extra long hours
I enjoyed at GEO because I learned how to multi-task and met a lot of different people.
a job when I needed it
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Hudson, COJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: they hired me when i needed a job
Cons: low pay dangeros condishons
poor corporate management low pay I worked with some good people. that left because of low pay
Great place to work just no good benefits
Corrections Officer (Current Employee), Lovejoy, GANovember 14, 2013
The Geo Group is a good company to work for because you can move up fast but the benefits aren't the best
Excellent facilites.
Prison Warden (Former Employee), Baldwin, MIOctober 16, 2013
Good company to work, a leader in the correctional industry.
Productive and fun
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield CAOctober 7, 2013
Good people and fun job. Overtime was available and was able to work different position and expand your skills.
Low wages, poor benefits
Staff Geologist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2013
Poor work environment, no opportunity for advancement, employer takes advantage of employees, very low compensation.
Fun and good learning place esp. to interacting with residence. Lower management favor friends and their own relatives; engage in politism
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Indiantown, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Fun and good learning place esp. to interacting with residence.
Lower management favor friends and their own relatives; engage in politism.
It was cool for a prison
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: it was a good job and good benefits
Cons: working 12hrs then get mandated to work four more
My job at GEO (STOP) was to oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates,i learned a lot about the prison system and how a lot thing work, management were good people to work for co-workers was good group of people to work with they had your back, the hardest part was some the inmates trying to be difficult enjoyed everything and everyday.
Wonderful experience.
Bookkeeper/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: public transportation
I worked for this company for 22 years. It was a great place to work very relaxed atmosphere. I was able to work independently. My co-workers were wonderful to me. Having worked most of my life I decided to retire at 62.
NA
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Hudson, COJuly 18, 2013
NA Nothing to say about this company. I have learned a lot and if they were to stay opened for a longer period of time I would most likely stay with them and advanced to the next steps in my career.

1 2 3

About geo

GeoTrust, Inc., an emerging leader in Identity and Trust Services helps organizations of all sizes secure e-commerce transactions, – Read more