RF Engineer needed --- Location: ComDev in El Segundo, CA
I am working with ComDev and the manager is looking for an RF Engineer with test experience regarding antennas. You will work for GeoLogics Corporation initially at the ComDev facility in El Segundo, CA. The position is 6 month contract. US Citizen or Permanent Resident only apply
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Designs tests and test setups/configurations and equipment. Develops and executes test procedures and the implementation of antenna testing in various types of test facilities (far-field, near-field, anechoic chamber, thermal PIM, etc.). Completes test data analysis and reduction and is responsible for ensuring compliance with performance requirements.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Provides experienced antenna RF engineering design and test direction for the design, production and testing of spaced based antenna systems, initially focusing on Ku and KA band antenna components including OMTs, Polarizers, diplexers and horns.
- Develops antenna RF models for the purpose of optimizing RF performance while minimizing mass and labor/cost of antenna projects.
- Works closely with other Electrical/RF and Mechanical Engineers and CAD Designers to review and ensure designs are compliant with the customers’ specifications and interface constraints and to ensure designs are realizable in a manufacturing environment.
- Supports the development, review, approval and release of engineering documents, specifications and drawings.
- Interfaces with the customer on designs and supports presentations and teleconferences and supports vendor interactions for any subcontract work scope.
- Participates in the development of customer proposals (technical and cost).
- Supports or leads Internal Research & Development (IRAD) projects.
- Provides mentorship for team members including engineers, production technicians, test engineers, etc.
Minimum Requirements (some or all):
- Experience with at least 5 years’ experience in the design, manufacture and test of space-based antenna components and systems.
- Some knowledge and proficiency of antenna modeling software including HFSS, GRASP, Microwave Studio, FEKO, REMCON, FEST 3D or similar tools.
- Experience developing proposals including both technical and cost.
- Strong test experience required including familiarity with all standard test equipment used in the testing of antenna components and systems.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to effectively communicate technical data and information to customers and team members.
- Proficiency with PC Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, group presentation skills and communication skills.
- BS degree required – MS a plus.
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume and I will call back with more information.
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com