GEODIS Employee Reviews

Busy and day goes fast
L1 Technician, IT (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 26, 2017
My day is filled with work orders that come in and tickets are created for various issues from shipments needing updating to system slowness. My favorite part is training. I train new hires on an introduction for the system that is used for creating shipments. Also, I perform training on Exporting and Importing. There are other trainings that come across my desk as needed. I am continuing to learn the process of shipping.
Cons
healthcare changes
New Age Corporate America Culture
Accounting Clerk, Geodis (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 21, 2017
This business casual atmosphere allows employees to balance family and career for the most part. Management was very flexible in shifts and open door policies. Pleasant working environment.
Pros
Cafeteria
Poor management
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 21, 2017
There's a lot of Favoritism. Unprofessional environment. There is a lack of communication, it very unorganized and the older employees get treated different from the new employees
Benefits
A structure job
Shipping and Receiving yard truck opr (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN and Memphis TNJune 21, 2017
Start a new job in 99 created the skills that I needed using the forklift sit down stand up Rider shipping and receiving and also other skills is a third-party job also different companies as of Sony Honeywell Starbucks HP Hewlett-Packard also with a lead operator . As of any company that grows changes are made
Pros
I enjoyed this job
Cons
Very poor management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Geodis is a fun place to work at, I recently started working there but I enjoy it and the Managment is great. Everyday you learn new things, I recently learned how to pick
Hey
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 19, 2017
Good place to work. Easy to get along with everyone. Good pay good pay. Vacation time. Benefits. Proper training very good place to learn and boost skills
Fun quick paced work environment
Stocker/Puller (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of working the lines, either stocking them or pulling orders for the people stocking them. Very fast paced. Management was easy going. Hardest part about the job was a feeling that you'd never move up.
French based company with good intentions
Logistics Professional (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 19, 2017
GEODIS is a logistics company with headquarters in France. Due to non-renewed contracts, my group's jobs were eliminated so the work environment was quite stressful for the last several years.
Pros
Kept our benefits and salary when they took over our previous company's logistics operation.
Okay job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 16, 2017
Its an okay job overall. To move up its a little hard they will milk it as much as they can. They told me for over 7 months they were going to move me to a different position but it never happened. Its not the best pay but you will get your 40 hours. Supervisors and managers are not the best they are always going back an forth cant seem to make up their mind.
Pros
Good people that work their
Cons
Bad managment
Very demanding enviroment with a very Lean operations model
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2017
The company as a whole allows freedom to manage your day to day operations and drive productivity. We drive CM% by operating in a very lean model and continue to push for the customers KPI fulfillment while managing their expenses.
Pros
ability to manage your business
Cons
exec support and recognition for performance
Its a job
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 13, 2017
This company benefits are great, and that is all I will say. The management however can make it a difficult pace to work. If there are any signs of you not being liked, they have the power to hold your raises and stop you from being promoted and there is no one there that corrects this behavior.
Challenging, fast paced, and competitive
Hazardous Materials Manager, DGSA (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 10, 2017
No two days are the same, each is filled with new questions, problems and obstacles to overcome. As a former athlete I enjoy the competitiveness of the 3PL environment and the dynamics of the position.
Pros
Great people, diverse and challenging
Cons
Limited resources and demanding hours
It was ok
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 8, 2017
Was ok i waited 3 months for the job to start. Even though they only told me a month later start date when I accepted. Waiting 2 weeks to a check wasnt easy
Too much Politics
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 8, 2017
The account I worked on is too much discrimination and they set you up for failure without giving you a 2nd chance and they don't want you to successful.
Pros
Non
production
material handler (Former Employee) –  columbia sc 29209June 7, 2017
I enjoy my job and try to learn all i can about my job and if i don't know anything i will work hard to find someone who will help me anwser my question
fast paced and stressful
Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 6, 2017
We were recently bought out by Geodis, as we were previously known as Ozburn Hessey Logistics. There haven't been many indications of the ongoing process to move everything to complete Geodis, so it's as if the changes just haven't reached my level. My issues are of preexisting. Considering it's a coffee company, there is more stress than i feel is necessary. They're extremely strict on punch times (clock in / clock out). Previous management teams i have been under were amazing and worked with me if / when i needed. The current management i am under seems to have ill feelings for certain teammates at certain times. I do not recommend this job or company for others for the simple fact that i am no longer willing to shoulder the stress. i will admit, the stress of work is amplified by home stress, yet it is still more than should be present at a coffee distribution center.
Pros
complimentary coffee in house
Cons
30 minute lunches, strict clock in / clock out times, NO overtime
management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
management was horrible and very unorganized. they showed a lot of favoritism and promoting them wrong people. cold environment and they didn't make us comfortable at all.
Growing company
Geodis-Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 2, 2017
Growing company with many opportunities good benefits. Visrtible accounts for anyone to work in good management great training. Retains employees great safety programs.
Longest Job I ever held-Shouldnt have left
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2017
A warehouse full of one product, not complicated, good crew.
I Learned how to use a forklift on this ob. I pulled orders, I put away inbound stock. I did light paperwork. When it came down to special projects I would often handle them, Not all but the ones I was instructed to perform. My supervisors were very understanding, and I often tried to work with them to get things done. I left because of a bad element, but as things were winding down that bad element left, I should have stuck with it.
Pros
I learned the basics of forklifting, had reasonable supervisors
Cons
I left
Lots of fun at company party
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 31, 2017
It is a okay place to work.their is many accounts to work for and the manegment is some wat friendly.It is also a chill place to work for with friendly employees.
Pros
Free lunch when u do good things for the company
Cons
15 min brakes and 30 min lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.