GEODIS Employee Reviews

change management
Warehouse Worker, Forklift Drive (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 19, 2017
the job and work is not hard but the management makes it harder than it has to be. they don't want you to talk as if you are in grade school or a library and create stress with micro managing taking on more than they handle and no communication between leadership hot in the summer cold in the winter because they don't provide heat. colder inside than out
n/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 18, 2017
Lack of advancement. No room for growth. Too much favoritism shown to certain employees. Overworked. Trained many and wasnt properly promoted wit a title or pay upgrade.
Good job for young guys.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 18, 2017
I was a order picker. It wasn't too hard, it was just a physically demanding job. If the past was better, I guarantee people would stay longer. Very good company though.
Very fast pace, keep up!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
For a forklift operator, it is a great place to work. Fast pace, constantly moving around, and the hours are great. However, they expect you to put your job before you family there. So keep that in mind.
Good place to work for
Management (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 16, 2017
typical warehouse place.. type of place that its who you know, not what you know.

if you're the type that busts your butt all day, and tries for the best of the company, but don't befreind management.. dont expect to move up.
Warehouse Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2017
Experience is goal for me. Hands on with equipment helps understanding the process and methods used. working with others who aren't judging only teaching working as an team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Great workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work Friendly staff. Ten hour days sometimes work on Sunday must do forklift work and load and unload trucks. Kind of fast paced but easy to learn
not so
Operation (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILOctober 9, 2017
I learned a lot and also brought things to the table. I just fill like oppourntines are not giving to people who deserve it or for certain people. There has to be a way to get people who want to be promoted
Discriminatory Hiring Practices
applicant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 9, 2017
Company never returns phone calls when they reach out to you first, when finally reaching someone you are told that if they wanted you they would have called you back. Yet they are the ones who pursued me first. Very interesting,
Pros
Non
Cons
HR and upper management do not care about employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 4, 2017
Grandmother had a heart attack, which I was pointed for and I lost my job because of, had a doctors note saying I was at the hospital but it didn't matter all they cared about was quota.
Very slow..management is very unprofessional and never satisfied. People are constantly quitting
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 1, 2017
Management is annoying and unappreciative. They are under staffed. The work isn't hard but management makes is unbearable to work. Workers are very gossipy and job is underpayed
Pros
work isn't hard
Cons
Management sucks
Its fast paced. Mangers could be better
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
Be more supportive, They sometimes have no clue whats going on. But it is a good job and great people do work there just need better guidance. Long days but also fast.
very good place to work fun good people to work with
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 22, 2017
i enjoyed working here i loved my boss she was great i love warehouse work. the job was easy but challenging at times which i need learned alot about warehouse operations the best part of my day was loading and unloading trucks
Pros
hours were great
Cons
very cold in winter hot in summer
Don't work for them no matter what they pay
Picker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 21, 2017
A day there you go through security punch in and have a start up meeting. Company would have you do exercises and then you would go to work. I drove a cherry picker. Workers there were friendly....This place was unorganized,boss had bad communication, workers would walk off the job , Bosses would disrespect you . Worst place I ever work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
company dose not know what they are doing
Operator and Assembler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
I would say that it is a fair company to work for. The pay isn't that great and some of the managers aren't that professional. The location where I currently work, the managers are a lot of times confused. They do not communicate well and they rarely follow-up when asked a question or asked about job duties. The good part about my location is the schedule. I work Monday - Thursday from 5am to 4:30pm. The hardest part about the job is with-standing the 32 degree climate you have to work in everyday. The worst part is the management team and the pay for the facility I am at. Overall, it is an okay company to work for, but it's not much of a career job.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
poor management
Poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Poor management, over worked, under paid. Makes you work on breaks. Does not promote, does not give pay increases. No advance notice of overtime given.
na
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 18, 2017
greatly enjoyed my time spent with Geodis. They were nice and kind people that wanted to see your goals be met. Geodis really wants to help keep you pleased with your career.
Good
Picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
GEODIS is a good place of work but you have to be strong if you wanna work there. picking at this as at the time i worked there is hard especially when there is a lot of customer orders.
Overall ok place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PASeptember 16, 2017
Management was not fair to everyone and was extremely tough to deal with. Knowing the process should be #1 on the list. Leading is making employees better not chasing them away.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Poor Management
Good place to work, friendly coworkers
Document Processing Agent (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2017
Great company to work. Learned many things. It can get overwhelming at times when workload is heavy. Training could be better but over all enjoy working here.
Pros
Flexible, work from home
Cons
Salary, management, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.