Geokinetics Employee Reviews

Great
Blaster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Good work experience. Production job that I really enjoyed. A lot of traveling with great people. Well taken care of an over all beautiful experience
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Schedule is different from many places, but once you get adjusted to it it is not bad. A single individual would do better than someone with a family given the schedule. The traveling around the country in a nice little perk.
This is a seismic ocean bottom cable laying operation.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Ocean Bottom Cable (OBC) laying requires precision boat handling skills, cable connections (both open water connections and connections to a recorder vessel) require precision boat handling, so it can be stressful at times. However; there is plenty of down time, which is practically stress free.
Internship Review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
You will learn a lot, but the pay is not competitive, similar to what you'd make at the mall. The company tries to have inclusive activities and is working on creating a better company culture.

Some employees of other departments will try to talk to you like you are an illiterate person because they see you are an intern.
Pros
Lunch outings pretty often, morale always improving
Cons
Low pay
good company to work for
Equipment/Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at work are long hours of being outside in freezing weather. Hardest part of the job is basically walking for long periods of time. so if your in good shape and walking doesn't bother you, its the perfect fit. What i liked most about working with this company was the opportunity to travel throughout the united states.
Staff Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
When I was at Geokintics the company was growing rapidly and acquiring new employees. I enjoyed my job as an auditor. To my understanding the management as had significant changes.
A friendly and team-oriented workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Geokinetics is a diverse company and have good benefits. It is also a productive, team-oriented, and friendly workplace.
Interesting and productive work place
Vibroseis Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2017
This job always kept me on my toes, since it was a very intense and interesting job that required for your mind to be fully prepared for the duties that were required.
Pros
Travel, good pay, and very educational
Cons
Dangerous and away from family to long
Fun work place to be at. Lots of opportunity and flexibility.
Manager Multi-Client Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 7, 2016
Typical day involved lots of client interaction. Daily monitoring of the financials of operations. Planning and search / evaluating new project potential areas.

I learned that persistence is key to success. I learned that "nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care".

Good to work with competent / knowledgeable co-works.

The most enjoyable is to be successful and profitable with clients and colleagues alike.
hard work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 3, 2016
long hours a day. training co workers. doing electrical inspections and fire inspections. pulling wire and installing conduit. using boom lifts. installing electrical panels.
Pros
milage
Cons
health care
Was honored to work with Good people with Good work ethics
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Best Job I ever had. Because of an economic bust in the Oil business they were forced to cut hours and pay in an attempt to stay in business. Great atmosphere , Good people.
Pros
I get to work with good people
Cons
Can't think of any
prepering materials of offshore for drilling oil and gas
Operator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 11, 2016
I work as an operator in vibe machine and also troubleshoot heavy materials. I learn a lot of skill in cable repair, installation of pump, values, compressor. the management was great and lot of team work. I was able to communicate with my co worker when we have problems to solve. the hardest part of my job was on vibe machines. the most enjoyable part of my job was on pump pressure, compressor, values and troubleshooting hydrophones.
Pros
Cons
Everything was great
Productive work environment with good work/life balance.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Productive work environment with great work/life balance. My co-workers were hard-working, and I could not have asked for a better team to work with.
It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Field Crew Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2015
Loved traveling to different locations around the lower 48 states and Alaska. Performed administrative duties for seismic recording crew.
Productive and enjoyed working directly with client.
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Coorporate office in Houston TxOctober 8, 2015
learned a lot with Geokinetics Managment were really helpful. Geokinetics is a really good company to work with. I enjoyed the time working with them. Management were excellent they really cared for the employee. Also enjoyed working with my coworkers learned a lot from them as well. Hardest part of my job was starting was getting crew moved to a new job and location and meeting with new clients. Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the employees.
Pros
Really good benefits
Cons
Some time due to different reasons had to work long hitch.
Nice working enviroment
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. The bosses were great and very helpful always giving a hand when needed. Wish they were still open so I could reapply had to leave for personal reasons..
Pros
Had alot of work, benifits, friends.
Cons
No raises, Cut the hours, closed the company
Great place to work and travel
QHSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Geokinetics is a geophysical company that was very good company where I stated my safety career. The company offered great training and a chance to travel all over the USA.
Pros
Great management
Cons
At the mercy of the oil and gas industry
Geokinetics
Global Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Geokinetincs offered many exciting challenges with each new project domestic, foreign, onshore, and offshore. Alway something new to keep you interested and busy. It was a pleasure to work with so many strong colleagues around the world. Seismic exploration is a very complex and demanding business.
Pros
Flex hrs - dress code
Cons
sometime management communication
It was a fun workplace
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
The company was fine. I was with the original company for a long period of time and enjoyed my employment there ,I am working at this company testing and repair
Geokinetics
Mechanical and Vibrator Pool Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 25, 2015
I enjoy my work. I look forward to work each day and the new challenges. It is the best working environment. I enjoy the people I work with and I could not ask for better managers to work with. The company encourages training.