George Washington Medical Faculty Associates Employee Reviews

No Structure or Communication. No set Process in place/Mngt issues
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 3, 2016
It could really be a great place to work if the pay were competitive. My day consist of 50% Referrals and 50% covering other issues within the clinic, which is not in the job description.
The pay for this position is not enough for what they are asking you to deal with on a daily bases. Also, I have an open-door for pts' to come in, I have NO coverage for off days, and the Outpt Processers do NOT have to assist pts' once they leave the clinic, which means when the pt comes back.....there at your door.
Pros
Process Control over my job
Cons
Unhelpful/Unknowledgable Mngt AND Staff
Unprofessional and no growth for MAs
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCSeptember 4, 2016
I must admit, when you leave a job and it's mentioned that the grass is not always green on the other side....that statement is absolutely true. George Washington University MFA DC location should be aware of the horrible acts of management they offer to their clinical staff. You are consistently being disrespected and belittled by management. They give horrible raises, terrible benefits, and uncomfortable work environments. There's is no growth for MAs at the MFA. Please stay far away from this place if you value your profession. And I left on my on regards.
Pros
The 1 hour lunch break
Cons
Management, HR, and everything else
Professional Work Enviornment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be considered busy. Lots of phone calls and coaching reps. Not really a hard job and my co workers are great! Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Lots of paid holidays
Cons
No room for advancement
Corrupt Organization
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2016
This was the worst place to work. Very stressful work environment, gossipy management and the culture of the organization sucks!

Senior Leadership at its worst. Unethical working practices. An organization waiting to fall...
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of respect, unorganized, unethical
Worst mistake I ever made
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2015
I worked there in department of surgery for almost two years. It was the most stressful work environment for me ever. A coworker was allowed to throw things and nothing was done because of the color of her skin. The supervisor is clueless and really has no control over her staff.
Management was the worst I have ever encountered!
medical coder (Former Employee) –  Washingtion, DCNovember 20, 2015
No training available. Ancient equipment, and poor management. I was in the coding department at MFA in DC and management would come in and express the need to make money. Dictatorship would best described this department.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement!
Not attentive to employee needs
PSC (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.October 21, 2015
I was hired in December and was told that I had to participate in training less than two weeks later I was told that if I was not able to participate in the orientation of for the position, I would lose the job. After I participated in the orientation, I went to my office only to be told that I will not be getting proper training until the beginning of the year which means that I would be just sitting up front, not being able to do anything.
I had a situation when a doctor who made a nasty comment in front of staff and patient that they should train people before bringing them into the office.I had no log in, no computer access, no nothing.

This was right around the Christmas holiday which means all the staff was on vacation. When I talk to HR, they told me to talk to the practice manager as there was nothing she could do, but she said it was an attitude. My direct supervisor told me that nothing was going to be done because she is an MD and the Doctors are loved and catered to.

If you're not going to deal for problem especially from a brand new employee then accommodation need to be made trained staff instead of pushing them into an office just to fill a seat. I was only there for a short time and when I tried to talk to HR to see if I could be rehired, the person kept rescheduling me and then totally ignoring my phone calls. And this was the HR DEPT!

Waste of time
Pros
Co workers location break room pay
Cons
Mentality of management and doctors No willingness to help disconnect with front staff
Do not work for this company!!
Med Asst (Current Employee) –  AMGSeptember 16, 2015
I am currently an employee of a AMG branch under GW Medical Faculty. This company ONLY cares about the money that seeing the patients brings in. They do NOT care about their employees..patient care or if the office is running correctly or office morale. They only care about numbers, numbers, numbers. The management of AMG is the absolute WORST. HR does not take care of their employees. If you have a problem as an employee there is no one to turn to for help. They will only gossip about it and turn the problem back on you as your fault. And you probably will get written up! They make you feel as if they can get rid of you at any time and you are replaceable. The pay is mediocre. They do NOT give raises. 20-30 cents is not a raise! And there is no room for growth unless you already know one of the top managers and are their friend. Save yourself time and look for another company to work for that will value you as an employee. I am!
Pros
Good Doctors to work with
Cons
Management is the worse. Poor pay. No raises. No room for growth. They DO NOT value their employees!
Seems great...
Coder (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 22, 2015
Overall, negative environment. HR & management not open, accessible, or honest & upfront. High turnover rate. SOPs lacking as well.
Pros
GWU name brand & recognition
Cons
Expensive parking, expensive commute overall
Productive workplace however minimal help from management.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 20, 2015
I worked @ George Washington Medical Faculty Associates for a very short time. When I was an employer there I was trained vigorously and had the tools I needed to succeed, However when faced with problems that required immedictae attention from management I was given very little feedback.
Very hostile and negative work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 7, 2015
Very busy work schedule.
Too many bosses.
Unappreciative management.
Learning opportunities very little as their are too many constraints placed on you.
Never work there.
Toxic Work Environment & Horrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  AMG-Takoma ParkMarch 21, 2015
I could write a book about my experience working at AMG- Takoma Park but I will keep it short. Unorganized, Toxic Environment (Managers have daily meetings to gossip about the staff and personal matters), and the only thing of importance is posting charges to get the company paid. I have never experienced a work environment anything like this! I'm surprised GWU would own and operate such a poor excuse for a medical facility like this. The managers are inexperienced, ghetto, & point fingers with no valid solutions to any problems. I wouldn't suggest your dog work at this place.
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
Poor management, toxic environment, frequent chaos and confusion
Productive and Very Busy Office to Work In
Patient Services Specialist (PSS) (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MarylandMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy office seeing a lot of patient handling all all in coming faxes and, opening all mail and packages delivered daily, scanning in all new patient and updating patients insurance cards and identifications,making adjustments on Doctors schedules. This is the job where I had training on the ( EMR ) electronic medical records system. I make sure ally time is used wisely making sure my appointments were confirmed the day before and all medical records were updated, if patient had to update anything I would always have it ready for patient to complete at check in.The Management was Great very helpful if there was a problem with the system, or if and employee had a problem they always showed some concern.The hardest part of the job for me was seeing a elderly person very ill and no family to accompany them to the hospital and they are to ill to care for themselves.Knowing that I have completed all of my tasking that have been given to me threw out the day and not leaving anything undone and we saw each patient that came that day and they were pleased with the service they recieved.
Pros
Pharmaceutical Reps Supplied Lunches
Cons
Sometimes to busy to take a full Lunch Break
Terrible place to Ever Work!!!!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Takoma park, MDMarch 13, 2015
This is the worst place you can ever imagine to work at. Micro management at its best poorly ran. High turnover rate, unorganized , 4 ppl quit in less that 2 weeks due to stress of the management. Save yourself the headache!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything you could imagine
Customer service supervison
CC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2014
My day is reviewing reports and reporting to management and also reviewing front desk operations whether the doctors are happy with their daily schedules or changing schedules. Answering complaints in person or telephone conversations.
Pros
EXEMPT, I can work as late as I want
Cons
401K, healthcare, dental care
Unorganized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2014
The WORST company to work for. Under paid and overworked. They claim there is room for advancement but you have to beg. Moving into a new position is considered lateral so the pay? Practically the same. HR department is a poor excuse. Management only cares about Money and not employees. Co-Workers are great. Most enjoyable part of the job are the patients.
Pros
Great co-workers, Busy
Cons
Pay, Healthcare, Parking Fees, Management
Always busy
Certified Coding /Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2013
This practice is always busy. There are multiple locations.
The worst director in Medical Billing
PAR II (Former Employee) –  DcSeptember 25, 2013
This is the worst place i've ever worked! Starting with the head of the Billing Department she has no people skills and is often very rude! The second guy in charge was ok but got fired due to personsl issues. People leave left .. Left and right. If u dont act like ur afraid of upper MGMT they have a issue with u! They are the worst!
Productive and fun
Clinical Support Specialist/AA/Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington,dcSeptember 22, 2013
A typical day consisted of registering patients, collecting co-pays, obtaining vital signs preparing them to see the physician and checking patient out providing them with their follow up appointments etc. Good management . The co-workers were ok
Poor management
Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCAugust 30, 2013
This organization tops the list for unprofessional and disorganized. The management is uneducated and embarrassment to an establishment that has such a prestigious name.
The turn around rate is clear evidence of how volatile this place is. In my brief time, 6 people left my office. Most of my peers had only been working 3 mons or less.
Expect the bare minimum of training. You willreceive an outdated manual then fed to the wolves .
If you work on the main campus traffic and parking are horrible.

One good point...the salary is relatively competitive depending on your position.
Pros
salary (depends on position)
Cons
highly unprofessional, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Washington Medical Faculty Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5