George Washington Medical Faculty Associates

George Washington Medical Faculty Associates Employer Reviews

Unorganized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, busy
Cons: pay, healthcare, parking fees, management
The WORST company to work for. Under paid and overworked. They claim there is room for advancement but you have to beg. Moving into a new position is considered lateral so the pay? Practically the same. HR department is a poor excuse. Management only cares about Money and not employees. Co-Workers are great. Most enjoyable part of the job are the patients.
Learning experience
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Washington,DCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: working with the patients
Cons: favortism
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. Working with the patients who have breast cancer was definitely an experience that I enjoyed. Seeing life from another perspective made me value somethings just a bit more than I did. Internal structure was a little harder to handle.
Always busy
Certified Coding /Billing Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 8, 2013
This practice is always busy. There are multiple locations.
The worst director in Medical Billing
PAR II (Former Employee), DcSeptember 25, 2013
This is the worst place i've ever worked! Starting with the head of the Billing Department she has no people skills and is often very rude! The second guy in charge was ok but got fired due to personsl issues. People leave left .. Left and right. If u dont act like ur afraid of upper MGMT they have a issue with u! They are the worst!
Productive and fun
Clinical Support Specialist/AA/Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Washington,dcSeptember 22, 2013
A typical day consisted of registering patients, collecting co-pays, obtaining vital signs preparing them to see the physician and checking patient out providing them with their follow up appointments etc. Good management . The co-workers were ok
Poor management
Patient Services (Former Employee), Washington,DCAugust 30, 2013
Pros: salary (depends on position)
Cons: highly unprofessional, poor management
This organization tops the list for unprofessional and disorganized. The management is uneducated and embarrassment to an establishment that has such a prestigious name.
The turn around rate is clear evidence of how volatile this place is. In my brief time, 6 people left my office. Most of my peers had only been working 3 mons or less.
Expect the bare – more... minimum of training. You willreceive an outdated manual then fed to the wolves .
If you work on the main campus traffic and parking are horrible.

One good point...the salary is relatively competitive depending on your position. – less
Productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 17, 2013
My typical day was task-filled and productive. I was introduced to the Emergency Medicine Department's procedures and billing method. The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable part of my job. Communicating with the Physicians was difficult at times because their work schedule did not always suit our office hours. Communication was necessary – more... at times and was very enjoyable. – less
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2013
A lack of professional staff and knowledgeable management to support the office.
the absolute worst job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington,DCFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management, co-workers
This is a very toxic work environment! I have never worked at an organization that hired so many ghetto employees. Drama is constant and there isn't any teamwork! NO ONE has any sort of customer service skills. My co-workers were often rude to patients and the manager was too. I would not recommended this facility to anyone. HR needs to hold regular – more... in services so that they can have a better work environment for employees. – less
The main office in DC is nice to work
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: monday -friday
Cons: amg is too far for me
Working for AMG-MFA is not as nice as working for MFA in DC. It's ok to work in Montgomery county but the 270 corridor is just too far.
My office is not as pleasant to work for.

August 22, 2012

Please do not let this discourage you, AMG already had major issues before acquired by GW-MFA. This position has nothing to do with AMG.

Professional and comfortable work environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 20, 2012
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates provided me with a comfortable and professional work environment for me to hone office and interpersonal skills in the workplace. The people were friendly and helpful and the company as a whole operated consistently and efficiently.