George Washington University Employee Reviews

Great place to have a career, great teamwork and competitive salaries and benefits.
Sr. Communications Infrastructure Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Foggy Bottom, DC / Ashburn, VAOctober 22, 2017
I have no complaints about working here at GWU, I have had a great career in the last 10 years of employment, I am simply moving out of range with my family of employment. I was given a lot of great schooling, training, and advancement opportunities. They have a professional and friendly staff, all the way from entry level to management. Its time to me to move forward with my career.
Pros
Location, Benefits, Salary, on the job training, helpful staff, professional management.
Cons
Nothing to mention, normal work ethic conflicts in any workplace.
Teaching is good, but pay...
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2017
GWU is a fun place to teach. However as most University lecturing jobs, the pay is not fantastic. Good work environment and location. Because of the reputation of the school, students are generally attentive.
good student job
Instructor's Assistant (Lab Instructor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2017
I was a teacher's assistant, it was a well-organized program and a good job while I was a student. I enjoyed this job and resources were available to support me.
Joyful working experience
Grader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2017
I work 19 hours per week, and the salary is 15 dollar per hour. The workload isn't large and I can have enough time to complete my own study work. The manager is nice and is good at communication. Generally speaking it's a good job for me.
work life balance
Staff RN/ Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced working environment with critical patients. Lots of education provided. Must do rotating shift for 8 years before permanent shift is assigned even with previous nursing experience.
Pros
paid education
Cons
rotating shift
well-equipped workplace with many benefits
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Overall, the job taught me much about chemical solvents. The job location is well-equipped as the facilities are top notch. There was much free time, as I simply a laboratory assistant, but I would recommend to anyone looking to get experience with scientific experimentation.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Somewhat too laid back
Self Management
Medical Faculty Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2017
Though I had an amazing supervisor, she really trusted to me to my job and as a result of my own need to be responsible, I was able to be a lead collector. Her guidance was greatly appreciated.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Cons
Some vendors were not as willing to pay to an agreed contract as I would've liked
Temporary Job. Nice place to work.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2017
Worked for George Washington University through a employment agency from a short time. Performed clerical duties in the Sports Department and the Information Technology Department. Supervisors were very helpful and courteous.
Pros
Opportunity to attend the university
Interesting and supportive environment
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
Working in the School of Media and Public Affairs at GWU was a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the discussion of US politics and environmental sustainability.
Good place for a graduate program
Graduate Student, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Math departmentSeptember 30, 2017
The location is great with many job opportunities. The math department is relatively small, which allows to know everyone and works closely with your advisor.
Poor management
Lecturer, Undergraduate School of Business (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2017
Most of the university is grant-funded, so supervisors and managers are hyperfocused on writing grant applications, and following up on grant paperwork. There is no follow through, no instruction for supervisees, and disinterest in staff development
great
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2017
Great Customer Service its always fun to work with good people. I always had a good time because all of the employees there was open to new faces. its a great culture here.
A Great Place to Work At
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2017
I can only say that although work environment is really good. Also if you would put in extra efforts then you can probably learn more stufff too. There are numerous opportunities to prove yourself.
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2017
Lack of management skills. University is unbelievable outstanding, but management needs to change and adopt to the culture. Old to New needs to happen
Pros
you meet new people everyday
Cons
too many old people work in certain positions, need to adjust to the new young age. Evolve!!
Sickening work place, high turnover, and very unstructured
Financial Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2017
The athletic department is so divided. Its like you have no choice but to pick a side. Majority of the department is all very unstructured. Politics plays a big role in this institution.
Great place to work.
Multiskilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work could be stressful , calm, fast pace, or slow it depends on the census, I learned so many new and exciting things. The management was okay sometime unfair. The workplace was diverse. The hardest part was sometimes the work load was heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Helping those in need.
Cons
The unfairness.
Fun and productive
Master Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
This is my graduate research. Professor let us to choose the subject whichever we wanted to do. He is providing us with every help he could give. This is fun and productive.
Great place to work, as any organization always a few bad apples
Emergency Department Admitting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work, as any organization always a few bad apples. I've learned a lot being an employee of the company. One thing that I can say is that the company is an advocate for diversity.
Over all I rate this hopital a ten (10)
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2017
I love working here, getting a little older and just need more time for myself, no more weekends and overnights...Love work this close to the public and medical staff...
Work hard
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 13, 2017
I do research every day, and have a weekly meeting. If I meet some problems, I can discuss with Professor and Students. Also in the weekend, I have to work because of due date for publication every time.
Pros
Good environment