George Washington University

George Washington University Employee Reviews

Fun place for college students
Commencement Staff (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
Pretty organized structure for a large number of people. Pay decent for a college, while also being a fun environment. Co-workers are peers in school which makes it less work-like
good place to work
ACCOUNTANT - INTERN (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work. Excellent Professors. A nice environment.Great place to work. Excellent Professors. A nice environment.
fun working with nursing students
Adjunct Clinical Faculty (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Access to university amenities
Cons: Not full time work
Very beneficial having current clinicians as clinical faculty so that students are up to date and can view how to integrate textbook with reality.
Decent place to work
Lead Supply Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2015
No growth at the time, but nice place to work. Great for nursing an other clinical health careers, but not for other occupations. I enjoyed working as a lead, but it was limited, because no where else to expand career growth.
productive and mobile
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 6, 2015
• Provided troubleshooting, repaired hardware and installed software
• User workstations operating technical support at detection of computers virus and diagnosed problems
• Installation of Cisco Systems Networking which is a security software for employees
• Provided installation of cisco networking services
A busy work day everyday
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Pros: half price on lunch
Cons: short breaks, no weekends off
You must always report to work no call outs not knowing if you are going to be drafted or going home after eight hours was the hard part.
difficult job, but great learning experience and wonderful coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2015
I worked in two units at GW, first on the Neuro/Ortho unit and then in Newborn Nursery/Mother-Baby. I enjoyed working with the Neurology patients and the physicians were wonderful. I had amazing coworkers who were definitely supportive and made my life easier. The hard part of working for a corporate hospital is the ever increasing demand on the staff. GW is not a magnet hospital so patient ratios are not set in stone, and can sometimes become overwhelming if understaffing is an issue. The patient population on both floors was diverse and I met many wonderful patients. There are always bad apples, but overwhelmingly I had a positive experience.
Productive working environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
Great learning environment created by the dedicated supervisors and professors, providing a well-rounded experience.
Great experience working with the faculty
Brilliant mentors
Excellent management
Productive working environment
Fast-Paced Work Place
Senior Event Planner (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 14, 2015
-Always something to work on
-There are always different client relationships being built, while still maintaining repeat clients
-Friendly co-workers
- The hardest part are all the players and offices you work with for one event
-The most enjoyable part are the persons of note that sometimes show up to events
Expect the Unexpected
Executive Support Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2015
Pros: While working at GWU you have the opportunity to further your education.
Cons: Long commutes, heavy traffic, Metro.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people like my coworkers (they are hilarious) and interacting with the staff.

The hardest part of the job is just the basic routine of everything. There hasn't been much room for growth or any training made readily available. While tuition is discounted (great thing I might add) most positions are already slated for other people.

Management in every office is different everywhere you go, it's never the same. In my short stay here, I've had two very different managers with different managerial styles. The first one was very understanding, very helpful, did not micromanage and had people skills, whereas the latter does not.

What I've learned from working here is to just be mindful of where you chose to apply to. A great name which holds prestige just might not be the right fit for you. Dig a little deeper into the company that you are applying for.

Every experience is different, hopefully yours will be great.
Good, challenging, busy place to work with dedicated staff.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
My manager and co-workers were helpful and always eager to share their knowledge. A typical day at work included working on ad-hoc data requests and formal data reports for users in the fundraising department.
This job helped me to advance my Microsoft Excel skills
Graduate Aide (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 30, 2015
Pros: Full fellowship, that paid my school fees leaving me without debt
Cons: No real cons
The job is a part time Graduate Aide role at a university and requires patience and understanding dealing with students on a daily basis. I enjoyed working with the overall head of the unit. She respected me and liked my work. The person I sometimes reported to on the other hand I thought felt somewhat intimidated by the GAs, I felt because of our degrees, and was sometimes rude and overbearing. But I never reacted to that, that was the hardest part of the job for me.

I don't think the other co-workers enjoyed their jobs that much and just did it as a job, but we sometimes had good laughs. There would be some sort of informal time off where everyone gathered round and just chatted generally, or made fun of someone on the team.
ok
Grader (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
it's an ok environment to work in Washington DC area.
the work load is manageable but the hourly rate is very low for a grad student, $11/hr
Wonderful, great and productive place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Busy day with work schedule assigned accordingly. he job is very flexible coupled with great employees.
The management team is very effective and productive.
great learning environment
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 6, 2015
Great learning environment created by the dedicated supervisors and professors, providing a well-rounded Art Therapy training experience.
Great working environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), washington, dcApril 28, 2015
Very good New Graduate Residency Program. Good pace to start and grow. Very supportive staff and great environment. Lots of education opportunities.
excellent workplace
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), washington dcApril 23, 2015
very busy trauma hospital, work at george washington hospital has help learn and work with all different type of patients, excellent co-workers
The short time there was productive.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
A typical day was paying bills and interacting with the teachers.
I learned a new financial and time keeping system. The brief interactions and e-mails from management was pleasant. My co-workers were nice and eager to learn new systems. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Productive and fun of workplace
Project Assistant under Dr. Raja Mazumder (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2015
I have 4 month research experience on Python programming language. With this experience, I was developed PWM and PSSM under the guidance of Dr Nathan Edwards. Now also I am using the python program for the molecular modeling. I am very much enthusiastic for gaining more knowledge and experience on programming language.
Great place to go to grad school
Teaching/Research (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
- Leading discussion groups
- Lots of studying
- Engaging environment
- Lots of opportunity
- Health environment, food options nearby
- Fantastic guest speakers

1 2 3 4 5

About George Washington University

The George Washington University's name is just one more reminder of the regard the nation holds for its first president. Chartered – Read more

George Washington University Salaries