GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

The best hard job out there
Director (Current Employee) –  Human Resources and Volunteer ServicesFebruary 14, 2016
I've been with them for over 10 years. The absolute BEST coworkers, hardest working managers and terrific company. It is all hard work, but VERY rewarding. There are great opportunities for growth and super education assistance.
Pros
Family feel and education support
Cons
PTO could be higher per year.
Productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper/Dietary Food Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYOctober 13, 2014
A typical day in this position for me is having more fun than work. I love working with customers. The hardest part of the job is being only part time. I enjoy every aspects of this position available.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no full time positions available
Official response from GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
March 6, 2017

Everyone has an important role to play in delivering an excellent patient experience. We recognize that everyone is important, so we have an atmosphere of acceptance and acknowledgement. If we are walking down the hallway, in a patient room, or in the cafeteria we greet and acknowledge one another.

Here's an example. I've had office supplies delivery folks say, "Hey man, thank you for helping me find that office. I always look forward to delivering here. Not every hospital cares enough to take the time to help delivery guys like me."

Instead of having our heads down and zoning out... we keep our heads up. We see people. We have a passion for people.

Hospital Med Surg Floor
Med-Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown KYJuly 15, 2013
Can be a hectic floor. Staffing is based on ratio and a nurse may be put on call. Once a stable staff can be maintained, I am sure the work load may improve.
I have mixed feelings about this company but prefer not to say anything negative.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros
often gave employees merchandise. appeared to appreciate employees
Cons
management support was lacking
Best work environment you could ask for!
Hospital Information Systems, Director (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 5, 2012
Georgetown Community Hospital was not only a great place to work but it is located in the beautiful bluegrass of KY. The staff and administration were all great to work with. The leadership was A+ from the CEO down! Located only minutes from the famous Horse Parks of Kentucky you can be sure to find something special about the area. Down the street, Lexington provides the benefits of a large city yet Georgetown has all you could ask for including a feel of small town living.

The best hospital - Georgetown Community Hospital!
Pros
local people, facility staff, management, leadership- all great to work with and be around.
Official response from GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
March 6, 2017

Our hospital campus is conveniently located just 12 minutes from New Circle Road in Lexington. From our campus you can see clearly the big blue building in downtown... that's how close we are. So you can enjoy the benefits of a shorter commute and free-parking near the entrance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEORGETOWN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5