Georgetown University Employee Reviews

Awesome
Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2017
Georgetown was a great place to go to school. I had a lot of fun there and took a lot of interesting classes as well. I was a psychology major, and the department there is great.
Georgetown University
Regulatory Coordinator, Lombardi Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2017
Georgetown regulatory office is a fast paced job. You have to be a multi-tasker in order to keep up with this job. The hardest part of this job is staying organized. The most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers.
Loved working there with the staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCApril 14, 2017
The job was great and my sup and manager were awesome. I did not care for the lack of career growth opportunities. They were limited and the salary was below what the job actually was.
Pros
Flexible Manager and Supervisor
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities and salary/career growth
Nice management
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2017
The faculty is very nice, and the students are treated with respect. The job is very organized and everyone is professional. Many new skills are learned on the job and the faculty encourages the students to think outside the box, and everyone is super chill.
Pros
Free lunches and living accommadations
Cons
The place is underrated
A great place to work!
Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2017
Simply, GU is a great place to work. The benefits are good; the people I work with/for are wonderful. The environment is wholesome, and the opportunities are endless!
Productive and convient traffic with free shuttle
Graduate research assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2017
Located in a safe and traffic convenience area. Available to arrange your own working schedule. Faculties, students, and colleagues are all kind and professional.
Great place to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2017
Pros
Great institution. Comparative flexibility.
Cons
Relatively low compensation, especially for the education required and overall demands of the job.
Georgetown
Clerical Assistant -Georgetown, DC (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DCMarch 19, 2017
• General office duties include filing, copying, scanning, answering phone, mail distribution and organizing material
• Inputting mass data into Excel spreadsheets for data analysis
Gift Accountant dept. good job
OA Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2017
A great place to work, had a wonderful twenty years there, best co-workers ever, management was the best, working the front desk made my job very enjoyable
Great benefits, department in transition
Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2017
Good benefits, but hours can be taxing depending on shift if you work for the Police Department. Job security is good but advancement is hard. There are outside of department supervisors as well as internal supervisors because its a private department.
Pros
Free tuition for employees who stay after a year
Cons
Shift work, 24/7 department, working most holidays
An interesting place to work.
Clinical Care Technician / Asst Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2017
Your first experience on the job is very welcoming and making innovative ideas seem in reach. As time goes on and you become very confident in your job, where your responsibilities have gone above and beyond, sometimes that is not welcoming. And even have new and innovative ideas for patient care to improve volume, writing time, and correct information placed into the system. A lot of these times you have to keep them to yourself due to your not the supervisor.
Pros
being able to help clients with concerns
Cons
toxic work enviroment
Outstanding
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
What an opportunity of a lifetime! I had been looking for an opportunity to teach project management and am so grateful to be part of an outstanding university.
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2017
Not too bad. Except for the caste system that deprives non-tenured faculty of benefits, trust, decision-making power, etc.
Really nice place to work
Application Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2017
The working environment is so good.
People are so nice.
If you want a good work-life balance, that is a good option to choose.
Pros
Good to work there
everday work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2016
most of our days where bust with people come in business conference , schoool an wedding , also people staying for hosptial stuff .
Pros
I got to meet a lot of diffrent people
Cons
there is no sitting down at the front desk
Loved it!
Student Health Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2016
Very small but informative. I really loved being a GT employee. Worked really close and hard pressing students to make sure they had health insurance.
A very interesting atmosphere
Information &Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
Working at Georgetown is a experience I came to look forward to daily. There is much room for growth and having the ability to continue your education is a plus. A typical day at work can be very rewarding I spend all day helping employees with all of their benefit needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have helped someone
Pros
Being an employee at Georgetown allows you to participate in various discounts.
Cons
The think the health benefits could be improved upon.
Unbalanced promotions
Administrator (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCNovember 21, 2016
Wonderful place to work - yet promotions are often given to those who are friends with the people in management. So, turn over in some departments are very high.
benefits
Cons
low internal promotion rates
I have had a wonderful experience working at Georgetown University as a special police officer in campus law enforcement.
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2016
My workday varies as I am always interacting with people in the law community. There is never a lull as the day goes on as we are required to write reports when we respond to incidents. I have supervised personnel for over forty years and you learn that everyone is different, The best part is mentoring several people and watch their success in being promoted. My co-workers actually compliment each other different abilities.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Have none
I care not to review
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 16, 2016
I care not to write a review regarding my employment at Georgetown University at this time and on this platform. However I will say that the benefits are great with Georgetown University.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgetown University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2