Georgetown University Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Technology Analyst, Office of Advancement (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 24, 2015
Easy to maintain work-life balance. Friendly and helpful work environment. Fun work place with supportive management.
Time for a change
Administrative Officer/Departmental Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: New Management not easy to work with
My typical day starts at 5:30 am, and I work most day straight through 2:30.
Don't mind working long and hard hours just don't feel appreciated by new Management.
Not a good work environment.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Biochemistry (Current Employee), DCJuly 24, 2015
Not a good work environment. No regard for qualifications and allowances for extra study. As an hourly employee, there is no recourse to outside mentorship or visibility.
Productive workplace that offers a gym membership, and free employee shuttle to a few metro stations.
Shuttle Bus Operator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2015
Georgetown U offers tuition assistance, paid holidays and some overtime. Also health, dental and vision insurance and a union that offers certification in some trades.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Faculty, English Seminar and Negotiations (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 20, 2015
Pros: coffee and comraderie
Cons: commute
Georgetown University is the best place I have ever worked. My colleagues are brilliant and inspiring, and the students are of the highest caliber. Although the work is demanding, the rewards more than exceed the challenges.
Hostile work environment, poorly funded department, abusive management.
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee), Georgetown DCJune 6, 2015
Cons: constant concern about layoff
The University told me upon being hired that they would send me to training. This turned out to be an untruth. Middle management is unprofessional and hostile. Turn over is high and more then 1/2 department was laid off within the last 5 months.
Great place to work.
Professional Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2015
This is a great place to work at for professional growth and advancement. I highly recommend working at this place of employment.
GREAT PLACE
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2015
Beautiful scenery on campus; Every one is helpful and friendly; No one lets you fall behind. Best place to work in my opinion.
Laboratory research exploring drugs that may reverse ALS and FTD.
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 31, 2015
I assisted with lab procedures including Milliplex ELISAs, Western Blots, and Immunohistochemistry. I entered data into Graphpad Prism and used the program to statistically analyze results for significance. I also prepared a research poster displaying my findings.
I've loved working at Georgetown
IT Architect (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 27, 2015
But it's time to go for family reasons. The work environment is casual, but there are always a certain amount of internal politics in higher education. I've had two CIOs since I've been here, both radically different from each other, and now they're looking for another, so things will change again.

Most managers are top flight. Workday is enjoyable, work challenging and interesting.
stable, flexible working enviroment
Senior Application Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 26, 2015
Pros: flexible workig hours, tuition benefits, 403 matching
Cons: traffic, far from home
Working hour is flexible, I can work from home two days.

We always looking for new tool or software to replace the outdated ones.

My team, web team need to work with other teams like server team, DB team and etc in UIS to make sure all our web apps running smoothly.

Has to cooperated with different departments, and different level of their developers.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free Pizza at every seminars
Cons: Lack of fundding
This is a scientific environment. Laziness is not an option. Providing tangible results is greatly appreciate as it contributes to the overall advancement of scientific knowledge.

The staffs are serious-minded, joyous and sociable.

The hardest part of the job is the job itself which is inevitable. Scientific outcomes are unpredictable so we would rather focus of the input most times. It allows for growth and aids quick learning of tough procedures.
productive place
Post-doctoral researcher (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 25, 2015
I work 8 hours/day

I learned about preclinical research studies
Simple managent
My co-workers are interactive
Instability and no job security depending upon founding
I'm involved in advanced research projects
Great Research Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 26, 2015
After my Master's I worked the the Physiology and Biophysics Department for about a year. Here I learnt a lot of the in vitro techniques that I use in my everyday research.
The working environment was great and the co-workers were fun.
Office experience
Graduate Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2015
My time at Georgetown University started my office experience and made me proficient in the Microsoft suite of products. This skill has only grown over the years and served me in a variety of work environments.
Nice place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2015
Overall Georgetown is a nice place to work. Sadly due to the economic environment its employees have not been able to get raises. People are still optimistic and loyal to Georgetown.
Great coworker and students. Family environment workplace.
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great working environment and employee appreciation.
Cons: didn't think there was advancement opportunities.
My days were spent responding to the service request of the staff and students in the evening. I think the management was good and worked cohesive as a team. The most enjoyable part I got from this job was helping the students and staff with their repairs.
Good
Assistant Offensive Line Coach (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 24, 2015
Georgetown was a great place to work. I learned of my tangible skills from this place. from working at the student identification office to working with inner city youth, Georgetown allowed me to explore many options as a worker.
A highly organized and detail-oriented Subcontract Specialist with over 7 years’ experience providing through a skillful administrative support to cli
Subcontract Spec. Executive Administrative Asst. (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2015
 Provide administrative support to Senior Grant Administrators, Director as well as Senior Associate Vice President for Research.
 Corporate event planning.
 Manage, draft and modify all subagreements, independent contractors’ agreement and clinical trial agreements for assigned departments.
 Assist pre award office with the input of proposal.
 Communicate with internal, external, domestic and international entities; via email, teleconference/meetings, and tracking system Inteneer, in regards to information needed to maintain regulatory compliance as well as complete the agreement status.
 Inventory and order office supplies on a weekly basis; for an office of 11.
 Scan, record and pack expired files; maintaining an electronic copy and sending the hard copies to be archived.
 Maintain office Procurement Cards and reconcile of charges on a monthly basis.
 Mastery of Microsoft Suites of Business Productivity to included Excel and Powerpoint.
Brick wall
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: holiday time off
Cons: management, advancement, fees
My career there started out great. Then the supervisor got disgruntled and made life miserable. Constantly brought home issues to work. Very un-organized work place, no direction, no communication, no advancement, multiple fees HAD to be paid. Every time you got a raise, all fees such as parking increased. Over a six year period your check never moved but you paid more taxes and fees.