Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Production Crew Leader/ Shift Capability Leader
Crew Leader / Shift Capability Leader (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work consist of my arrival to work at 6:00 (a.m. or p.m), checking emails and conversing with my fellow crew leader who is making a shift change with me. We converse on information as it relates to the job while on duty. In other words, we exchange pertinent updated information from each other's shift. We go into shift overlap where safety information, quality, production and information from management is given to the machine operators.
After which, I have a crew lead overlap where an exchange of communication from crew leaders from various departments is shared. Again, a review of safety, quality, production and a check of staffing is done to see if any adjustment is needed for staffing to the priority machines. Then, I check on operators to see if they are in need of any resources. Upon which resources are made available if needed for safety. mechanical, and electrical issues. After which, I check attendance and document absentees and or late arrivals. Kronos is a type of informational system I used to input codes for the machines where machine operators are working that day/night, vacation time and also family medical and emergency leave recorded.
The hardest part of my job is identifying the gaps of skills needed to perform proficiently on the machine assigned. I must take into consideration if the person has been trained on the machine, or more training on that particular machine is needed to enhance performance while keeping safety, quality and production at point, if further training on various machines in that department is needed in case of an absent
  more... or a machine is down, job skill knowledge, and making sure that they are authorize and qualified on the machine they are operating.
The most enjoyable part of my job is leading my team into the number one production team, communicating and enhancing the MBM(Market Based Management) framework and ten guiding principles, as it relates to safety, quality and production, being able to implement safety ideas and enhancements for better performance from the machines and seeing the culture of the facility change. I am a creative person. I like to develop new concepts for the machines to perform better this is where I get my fulfillment when my team is safe and productive putting out the best quality product.
Pros
incentive for safety milestones, incentive for improvement ideas and annual performance pay
Cons
healthcare is fair however, it can be better
You can do better
Operator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
Poor work/life balance. 12 hour rotating shifts, with a 30 minute pre-shift meeting everyday. And sometimes they'll keep you late if there's a mess to clean up. (12.5+ hour shifts.. not even sure if that's legal, but they do it). At one point my work schedule was changed 4-5 times in less than 6 months.
The pay isn't good enough when considering the knowledge, fast pace, stress and danger involved with the job. The pay scale is also very vague, unfair, and political. This is the type of company that will pay 2 different employees doing the EXACT same job two different wages; thus creating an atmosphere of competitiveness and resentment. I mean, can you imagine working next to somebody who is doing the same task as you but you're making a dollar less than them? Holidays and personal days are paid out at 8 hours, even though employees work 12 hours.
Acquiring a raise is difficult. It consists of a lengthy review process which can take months to complete. But to even get the process started an employee has to constantly 'remind' management or even threaten to quit. I, myself, was with the company for over 6 months before they started my '90-day review'.
It's a very thankless and unsatisfying place to work. If you've done a good job, you won't hear anything. But, if you've made a mistake, expect to be criticized, critiqued, and spoken to by management. You'll also hear gossip and 'he said/she said' from other employees.
There isn't much job security or advancement. If you learn too much in one area, you'll never get moved or promoted. I worked with individuals
  more... who, basically, had so much experience in a certain area that the company would pass them over for jobs in other areas just to keep them where they were. It's also very easy to get terminated if you violate one of the numerous safety policies/procedures. The facility lost $1 million in 2015 and is currently struggling to become profitable.
Management personnel are only concerned with numbers and how they look to their supervisors. Nothing else.
The job culture here is horrendous. This is probably one of the most hostile and stressful places that I've ever worked.
Pros
Okay hourly wage
Cons
Company policies, Pay scale, Pay discrepancies, Pay raises, Long work hours, Fiberglass, Management personnel
Summer internship, made me never want to work again in pulp and paper industry ever again
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Wauna, OROctober 6, 2014
Oh boy, where do I start with this. This was a summer job/internship while I was going to college, studying pulp and paper technology. I worked with a few other people I was going to college. My boss was a bit rude to be honest, and despite being an internship I spent all my time weed eating (about 90 percent of it), and maintaining the grounds. I had the pleasure of working with one of the weirdest people I have ever met. I seriously wanted to punch him in the face every time I worked with him. He was someone I had gone to college for some time, and was really weird and really annoying.

I had to get up at 4:00 am for 5 days a week and drive nearly two hours to get here as well. We did occasionally get pizza, or donuts or food for us. By the end of the summer internship our boss did say we did a good job. Some of the other people we worked with were a bit weird as well, also worked with this really negative, old lesbian chick who i absolutely hated.

For a time I was working full time here and part time somewhere else. On friday I would work 16 hours, I would work at Georgia Pacific for 8 hours, then change and work at my other job for 8 hours. Then work two more days at my other job, not get enough sleep for my monday shift and start all over again.

There was a nearby restaurant that had a big huge burger, I forgot what it was called and it was delicious, that we would sometimes get.

I'm not sure if that locations is still around or not though..

The pay was really good but that was about it. After having worked there I decided after I graduated to never work in the pulp
  more... and paper industry ever again.

I also had at the time health issues and personal issues and almost had a couple of mental breakdowns while there as well. Also was tired nearly all the time and downed coffee nearly constantly while I worked there.
Pros
the pay and thats it
Cons
weird coworkers, commute, early hours, soul crushing internship, made me never want to go to college or work in pulp and paper industry ever
Company with opportunity
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYNovember 11, 2014
My typical workday starts out with coming in and checking my company emails. Afterwards, I go over all orders that our customers request for the next day for delivery. The report I run shows if the product has been produced or not. And if it has been ran, if the order has ran complete or has been shortened due to production error. From there, I make sure the shortages are put back in the production que. From there, I map out when the last of each customers product will be done running and if it will be done running at a timely fashion to insure that the product will be delivered out on time. As a lead person, I direct and supervise team members as to what to load and what trailer need to be closed at certain times. I am in charge of giving them orders of certain task at hand that need to be completed. I am also in charge of generating shipping document and Canadian paperwork for loads to clear the boarder when crossing. I am also forklift certified to perform their tasks also when needed. My position was a management position. But for customer demand for the desire to only deal with and speak to one superior person in charge of the department instead of dealing with three different managers on different shifts, my position then became titled shipping clerk which consist of one on every three shifts. My co-workers look up to me for guidance and leadership throughout the night to get the task at hand done. I would say the hardest part of the job would be getting the product out in a timely fashion to insure that it arrive at the customer on time being that if production is having  more... a bad night producing the product, it puts a strain on shipping to meet these timelines. I absolutely love the multitasking and the fast pace of the job. Its challenging and at the end of the day very gratifying to get all the load out the door and make the customer and the employer happy.  less
Pros
monthly banquets for being safe
Cons
manditory overtime on very short notice depending on call ins
Management is horrible.....Payroll clerk is very rude
PROCESS CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Alcolu, SCDecember 23, 2014
The Clarendon facility has too many chief and not enough Indians. Nobody advances in their position unless you are a friend of friends. Management make up excuses about raises but they make sure their friends get the spot bonuses and they split it. Maint. Smoking in the blend building. Loader operaters driving while intoxicated. Supervision stealing supplies ordered. Team lead spending lavishly on themselves with CC. Forging SOP's/ SWP after finishing a job. They have this buddy system. Management doesn't have diversity in the offices or in supervision. Everyone that lands a decent paying position is some relation to management or supervision, or a friend of. So many team lead don't have degrees and a few don't have a high school diploma but they are in the friend circle so its overlooked. You have workers with the education and experience but they are overlooked because of the color of their skin. you rather give a job to someone with either education or experience. All the low paying position minorities have and all the high paying positions are on the buddy system. Clarendon OSB mill needs new management. They stress safety on paper but violates it everyday. Somebody is going to really get hurt because they don't really care about that stuff. What good is quantity if the quality of your work is bad. They need to do an overhaul of the buddy system and get rid of all the bad apples. They lie on test results, filter computer docs, 89% of most of those docs is inaccurate that's why I resign. Somebody is going to file a personal claim before 2015 is over. These people are clueless.......They  more... are playing a guessing game with people lives. I refuse to affiliate myself with it.  less
Pros
pay is good, recognition for job well done, great coworkers, free tuition
Cons
no break, overworked, no family time, schedule changes on a regular.
Very productive hard working enviroment.
Strapper Operator-Utility (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAOctober 14, 2014
I worked at Plywood Mill in Emporia,VA about 4years now. I worked in Finishing/Shipping department which is probably one of the easiest departments because almost every job involves driving forklift. GP is an OK place to work. Before working there I always heard " GP is the best place to work", "GP people make SO much money". This is not true. GP does pay well but the GP in Emporia is Union so it is one of the lowest paid GP mills in the US. You will work very HARD no matter what you do and because it is union you will only have a weekend off if you are 1st shift. I have co-workers who have worked there 5+ years without a weekend off unless they call out sick. The union and seniority based work environment make it very hard to have a life outside of work. Safety is kind of iffy. The preach SAFETY as it's upmost priority but it all depends on your job and supervisor whether safety or production numbers come first. Management is generally a group of good people because they all came up thru the ranks and co-workers are probably my most enjoyable part of job. The money is good at GP if you live in the surrounding area because we have probably the most highest paid jobs in this area but you will work HARD off for every cent here. I make 14.50/hr and I left my previous job making 11/hr. Honestly I would go back to my other job though because I had a social life. Other than first shift your two days off might be Mon-Tues or Wed-Thurs. Those days aren't bad but it would be nice to have at least one weekend off out the year. You work so hard that sometimes you spend your whole two days  more... off resting.  less
Pros
co-workers, unlimited overtime, good pay.
Cons
very strict, no social life, union.
Think very seriously about what you value, GP will control you
Union member (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 17, 2012
I have worked with this company for twenty years, and it is not the same company it was ten years ago. One reviewer wrote about minimal staffing, forced overtime, and a willingness to work against the union. All comments to this nature are so true. Maybe the culture in the mid-west is different, they all seem so happy. But, way out here in the NW, the managements focus is strictly profit and survival at all costs. We have long time employees in their 60's work continuous 12hr. shifts, and contract agreements being ignored. The mid-level management team is absolutely incompetent! The plant manager fits every example for the "Bad Boss" definition. The maintenance manager has no business being a manager, and his supervisor is a dud. We are making money in a down market yes, but our personal lives suffer immensely. Look elsewhere for a technician job, they will hire you in at a lower pay rate than what you should be getting and make some kind of promise of increased pay in the near future. They have ignored the maintenance programs completely, it is RTF (run-to-failure) lean manufacturing at it's best without support under the premise of being a reliability centered maintenance program. It's a shame, these are good people who have put in many years in for this company, only to be treated like dirt.
Pros
a free lunch every month accident free, work boot re-imbursement yearly
Cons
incentive pay per the ole' buddy system, overtime w/o notice, double standards, micro-management, a lack of integrity, company liabilities are employee responsibility, unilateral contract changes, without negotiation with it's union
Working for Georgia Pacific I felt secure in my job.
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Camden, Tx.April 14, 2013
Georgia Pacific being the largest provider of wood and wood products i.e. cardboard paper lumber plywood etc. instiiled a sense of job security. The Camden Tx. mill has a stellar safety program that I was highly involved in. My supervisors and I got along very well and I couldn't ask for a better group of co workers. I had great repore with the Truck vendors and really enjoyed my time working for them. My day consisted of loading flat bed trucks, A frame rail cars using a 8,000lbs capacity forklift as well as using a man lift to secure the loads on the rail cars by hanging cables and tightening them down using rachets and breaker bars. On occasion, I was responsible for preparing bills and readying loads to be picked up by vendors using the computer. We prided our selves by having great house keeping and I was responsible for running the sweeper within the warehouse when needed as well as every Friday evening. When I think about the hardest part of my job the only thing I can come up with is the personality diffrences in truck vendors some of which may have never been to our mill and they weren't accustomed to our safety regulations and would be some what resistive about all the safety procedures in place to ensure their safety as well as ours. I really enjoyed working for them but was ready to start a new chapter in my life.
Pros
very good pay, day shift, weekends off monthly safety dinners, paper hand outs i.e. toilet paper paper towels
Cons
no sick days, not very flexible if i needed a personal day i.e. come in late, leave early etc.the heath care was expensive
Very productive with alot of overtime
die mounter (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 23, 2015
My work day starts at 4:30 am (with safety as the focus for the day) checking if any problems happened during 3rd shift because only 2 people work in my department. Then I make sure print plates and ink are at each machine for the first shift production, picking up prints that have been used during later part of 2nd shift and 3rd shift. Prints are brought back to our work area where we remove dates and order numbers as well as over looking the print to make sure there are no problems. Print is then put in its location. During are shift we are answering pages whether it is a problem at the production line or working with customer service(multi-tasking). We then pull the print cards for 2 days out, processing the prints with dates or order number,then take them to the proper machines. A lot of multi-tasking. During this time we may also be reading blue prints to process new prints that come in.Again I then make sure the print plates and ink are at each machine for the first part of 2nd shift. Work on the computer 75% of the time during my shift to do my work load. Pretty much am under my own supervision. I do have a supervisor if I have problems or questions. My partner and I work very well together to keep about 35 co-workers happy which can be hard at times. I enjoy what I do very much because it involves numbers and I love numbers. Time goes fast because of all the multi-tasking. The last 6 years have been a challenge because we have had a lot of upper management changes, employee shortage, market change, etc.
Pros
Occassional lunches, free aparrel
Cons
Too much overtime
fast paced production work
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  king city,CAJanuary 24, 2013
at the beginning of the shift there would be a warm up session to minimize injuries, 10 minutes at most. crew leader would provide the production numbers from the day before, how much production was expected from each worker and their weekly reviews. at the end workers had time to ask questions regarding work or provide their input on safety, safety tips or safety concerns, then go to the designated work areas. The production consisted of washing, drying crates for agricultural use, then placing corresponding crates in their corresponding pallets. workers switched to a different positions after every break. 5 minutes before each break, each worker cleaned up around their work area and empty the trash containers. The machinery was sanitized by a select group of workers, after the machine was sanitized the rest of the warehouse would get swept then washed. Management was always weary of the time it took workers to start working. they encouraged you to be on the production lane 1 or 2 minutes before the end of each break.
The most hard part of the job was to keep a steady yet fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone knew their job, even when something went wrong everyone knew how to keep working fluidly.
Pros
lunch rooms were equipped with essential kitchen supplies; microwave oven, fridge, cups, etc etc
Cons
job advancements were limited, wage raises were only every year and a half.
Good
Project Manager/ Lead Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 2, 2013
Good place to work before Koch Industries. My typical day started at 7am and ended at 3-4am the next day. I worked from 1995 to 2009 before taking my first week vacation of 4 weeks of vacation earned. During the GP years I did not mind it much but after Koch Industries took over GP, it was expected that I support US sites during US work hours and support overseas sites during their daily work hours.
I requested assistance for several years without receiving any until I was asked to move to Atlanta or Wichita which I refused as I had already moved to Atlanta and moved back because I wanted to raise my family in the Green Bay area. The team was eliminated in Green Bay including my position. I trained one person in Atlanta and one person in Wichita. Since I left, the two people I trained have left the company because they were overworked and they now have 6 people doing the job I was doing for years by myself.

So the hardest part was having a personal life/work life balance.
I loved the people I worked with at GP
GP management was very good, Koch management are friends of friends management, many without real management skills
During Fort Howard, Fort James and GP, I learned continually learning new technologies and keeping up to date on technology along with building relationships leads to productivity and job enjoyment.
Pros
good gp management
Cons
spent many years required to work during earned vacation time.
Overall the company was ok because of the benefits they offered immediately upon being hired.
Warehouse II Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 13, 2014
This job most of the time was enjoyable because of the love of the job and the employees that I supervised. It probably could have been a better work place if upper management treated all supervisors equally, and not base consideration on past relationships within the company. A typical day at work started with opening the warehouse and crew up of job assignments, once the day started flowing it was always a challenge to answer the multitude of questions we might receive throughout the day from the forklift drivers, clerks and outside customers, knowing the answers or working with other co-workers to resolve the problems or question made the day worthwhile. I learned a lot from hands on and on the spot decision making. The hardest part of the job was laying people off for the day or days when the work was slow, because they where hourly and depended on their hours to support their families. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships built from working as a team and making things happen to get the work out in a timely manner, everyone stepping up to get it done showed respect for each other and the supervisors.
Pros
recognition of employees anniversaries with the company and birthdays.
Cons
forcing overtime at the end of the shift, micro-management
Old school business with new world views
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Georgia Pacific is a not a company you are looking for if you enjoy free meals, gift cards and other perks. The compensation philosophy is based on total compensation for total contribution/value creation. This is not a seniority based company however. Within two years I managed to receive two raises of 10%. I am in a development program that lets me interact with all parts of the business from engineering directors to the president of the business. There are loads of opportunities for development and the team I work with is always very helpful and open to challenge which as young inexperienced employee means a lot. It is however a boring work environment. I work in the corporate center which basically looks like a building from the 50s but does not have the crazy fun dinner parties mystic you would see in Madmen. When talking to friends that have these parties or lunches and free gyms it really can be a bummer. However I look at this experience as an investment in myself so with that outlook it has been rewarding. I am sure that one day however the lack of any sort of social aspect at work will lead me to finding somewhere else to work.
Pros
ability to develop and advance without office politics.
Cons
no free parties, lunches or employee gatherings.
Internship at Georgia Pacific
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 20, 2014
Attending Georgia State University, I was assigned a company and a project to accomplish. My group and I were assigned to work with Georgia Pacific to update their IT website. We had to make the web page more appealing and easier to navigate through. Working with Georgia Pacific was an amazing experience, I was able to cooperate and work in a team. We were provided with amazing resources, such as senior employees and project managers. With their assistance and our diligence to learn new programming languages, we accomplish our web page scope. Each week we were assigned a goal to accomplish, and if we didn't accomplish that goal, we would have to accomplish it the week after. A typical day at Georgia Pacific would be to enter our teams cubicle and work on our website. If we had any questions, we ask our superiors and our project manager for help. At the end of the week, we would have to summarize our weeks accomplishments and talk about next weeks goals. The hardest part about the job is our teams conflict with schedules, we could never schedule meetings, but we eventually worked it out and finish the project. We presented it to GP's senior employees, directors, and project managers.
Pros
educational, new experiences, and irreplaceable work
Cons
time and scheduling
Buy-out after buy-out
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 13, 2013
Typical day, sit at a desk, answer the phone, try to help the customer, log the call or dispatch a ticket.

I learned that some people don't have any courtesy at all for the person who is trying to HELP them. I also learned that our help-desk was far more intelligent than the solution center G-P built in Atlanta. How, because even their people requested to be transferred to our north site.

Immediate manager would bend over backwards to keep his team safe and happy. For a group of twenty or so nerds who deal with PC issues on a daily basis, he was the best. After G-P bough the company he didn't have the ability to effect change and a new layer of G-P management was added on top of what we already had.

Local co-workers were fantastic to be around and work with. Supportive and fun to be around. Once G-P bought the company, they tried to merge their solution-center with our help-desk and it was like mixing oil and water.

The hardest part of the job is keeping calm when the person who needs your help is belittling you from the other end of a phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always pay-day...Until G-P bought the company and insurance started eating away at the checks.
Pros
excellent co-workers, fun days with food
Cons
poor benefits, no room to move/improve
SEE the 10 MBM priciples ( Market Based management )
Machine Operator A class operator (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJanuary 28, 2013
Great pay , Great benefits . This is a physicaly demanding job with 12 hour swing shifts . The hardest part was that data entry gets in the way of actual safety , quality, and production . Every week there were more ICONS added to your desk top PC to monitor your performance. You spend a lot of time on the computer rather than the basic ideas of SAFETY , QUALITY and PRODUCTION. I enjoyed my coworkers and the physical job of production .Some of the equipment was very old and requierd lots of adjusting and heavy maintainance . I am self / inner directed I work well with others on a team and I can do the job with out supervision , I worked in heavy industrial areas with out injury or lost time and used the proper protective equipment and tools . I communicated well with other operators and management to keep production lines running . I always put safety first and worked on many different machines.I also have scissor lift and aerial lift permits that are 3 year renewable in this mill. I was called to clear overhead conveyor jams every shift.
Pros
free product from time to time.
Cons
12 hours, two 15 minute breaks, one 30 minute lunch, no one to break you out so you lose 1 hour of up time production.
Be Prepared!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh , WisconsinAugust 13, 2015
Well what can I say about georgia pacific that's good.
Its a small facility so that could be a good thing but it's not. It is full of people who hate their job and their life because of it. So be prepared for coworkers to do everything they can do to make your life he!!. If your a upbeat person. Yelling and screaming is a constant occurrence during the whole shift. All 10hrs six days a week. You must be able to read minds to know what's going on. Break time is when people just sit and glare and each other and hate. Did I mention the yelling and swearing. Be Prepared to be belittled everyday when you come to work. Everybody does it to each other. The difference between shifts is night and day. What you learn when you get trained be prepared to unlearn when you go to your shift because you will be told it is wrong even though it is managements policy to do so. Be Prepared to have many close calls getting injured by others. It is common practice for some coworkers to run around like a chicken with its head cut off for no apparent reason. It is a environment full of angry people. It's a union facility so as long as your attendance is good you have a job. So use your imagination on the kind of people work there.
Pros
Didn't see any
Cons
Union. No scheduled breaks.
There is no work life balance
National Account Manger - Mid-Atlantic & NE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2013
In my position I probably worked at least 60hrs a week. Great support internally. Pricing, category, logistics, operations, customer service reps, were all so helpful and nice. Excellent products, but in this economy not many people are willing to pay the price for the higher quality products. I enjoyed my co-workers the most!!!

Cons
- VERY political company internally
- The red tape really prohibited your time to actually sell the product
- There were meetings, about scheduling meetings, and meetings to confirm meetings if you get my drift.
- Conference call overload
- Seemed that our priorities that were giving to us by management changed from day to day. And if you tried to prioritize....you couldn't b/c EVERYTHING was a priority
- High stress work environment
- Also was concerned that many higher level people came and left after a short period time. It started to seem like a revolving door. Good people were leaving, not people who just not performing

Pros
- Excellent Training
- Co-workers
- Great support staff
- Access to an endless amount of market data
- Innovative company
- Benefits package for Healthcare is the Cadillac of all insurance plans!!!!
Working in the word of IT!
Exec Asst II - Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
I came to the IT division of Bldg Products after 9 years in a corporate department. IT was new and different. This position filled all of my preferences in a position - a full schedule, multi tasking, working with numerous people - the opportunity for challenge and growth. The VP I supported had approximately 200 that reported up to him (at the headquarters as well as out in the mills). I traveled with my executive and directors from time to time. A typical day would require me to meet deadlines, handle issues on behalf of my VP, and assist with any department issues that may come up. I had two challenging moments during my time with the position 1) working with the management team to review the department and evaluate during a restructure, prepare for the "layoff" meetings - a total of 80 individuals were laid off. 2) When returning from the Memorial Day holiday weekend we found out that a highly valued co-worker committed suicide over the weekend. I worked at getting a grief counselor for everyone and worked to get details on services, etc., to the department so everyone could attend the services.
Pros
growth, challenge, travel, a great company
It's challenging new employee coming on and lost so much knowledge
Saw Filer (Current Employee) –  Belk, ALSeptember 14, 2012
Clean saws, Hammer and sharp and if needed put teeth on saws if broke or cracked then I top, side and face grind them and,put on rack. When I get completed with all the saw I go around the mill look for thing that need fixing or repairing and creat a work order. The hardest part of my job is finding some thing worng and it not get fixed and then have down time with it, I guest I have a vision things should get fixed right away. I want the people here to have the mind set they will have a job for ever and the only way I know how to get there is to push people to think things can be better and will get better. You just have to show or challenge people, management or coworker and that the most enjoyable part of my job. I have learned my 20 something years: is management and coworker need to be challenged a lot more than they get challenged. When koch took us over i heard them say if it create value it will be done and that has stuck with me ever cents. When I ask about something all I hear is i put in for it. The challenge part should go all the way up, not just at mill sites.
Pros
steady and good people.
Cons
i think it better to be a new employee, than old.