Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

great place to work
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Fast pace work never a slow minute. Good people and great supervisors. Outstanding pay and benefits package 401k, plenty vacation time. With time off with the family
Forced to practically live at mill
Technician (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 18, 2018
Never seen any business where there was so much hatred between mgt and employees. Neither side interested in working together. The most mismanaged place I've ever seen. Politics is everything. Went through 16 shift leaders in less than 3 years in our dept but no current employee considered. Corporate is totally out of touch with current issues
Cons
No advancement, .
pleasant
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2018
Very pleasant friendly and a medium pace working job, The benefits is good, and the pay is good.The management is very professional. the working environment is very clean and well organized
mixed bag
Paper Maker (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAFebruary 17, 2018
the mill I work at honestly has the have the best culture abroad, it is a self managed workforce and we have always stepped up and delivered, because of a combination of state epa agenda and poor corporate leadership and pressures from foreign markets my job will be permanently ended this year.

Regardless- it is what it is and it was a good job while it lasted, the scheduled was brutal though, 7 days rotating shifts, southern swing, coupled with overtime you did not get a good balance of family interaction, I will never work another job with this schedule no matter how much it pays.

Best part of the jobs was the brothers I worked with, the heritage of professionalism, the constant learning and progressing to the next job up the rung of the ladder and the stability-while it lasted
Pros
fellow worker and being a apart of the local culture
Cons
corporate, schedule, living in a liberal state
Productive work environment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 14, 2018
Employees are to blame for everything that goes on at this plant. Management is horrendous... they show a lot of favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
8 hour shifts and full benefits when you start
Cons
No room for advancement poor cross training bad management
It is a Good Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pennington, ALFebruary 14, 2018
GP is a Good Place to work ,GOOD Pay with Good Benefits. It is an equal opportunity Job giving everybody the same equal rights!! It is Definitely a Good Place to Support You and Your Family!! My reason for leaving is to move to be with My Wife!!
Pros
Good Pay, And Benefits, lots of Good People to work around!!
Cons
Sometimes long and unpredictable hours
Georgia Pacific is productive and professional.
Greenend/Logyard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALFebruary 12, 2018
Georgia Pacific is a Great place to work. There are many opportunities to advance through the company. The company offers great benefits and treat all employee with dignity and respect.
Pros
Good health insurance, the pay rate was good, running good production, employees working together, and have monthly safety meeting.
Cons
Employees not coming to work on weekends, not making production, forklift drivers not blowing there horn, and employees not working safe.
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh WIFebruary 12, 2018
I was the receptionist, switchboard, data entry, filing, invoicing, mail distribution, posting of employee time cards, ADP Payroll, payroll reconciliation, production runs, order entry and expediting
Pros
excellent people
8 or 12 hour shifts
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kane, PAFebruary 11, 2018
If you aren’t in good with management have fun moving up. Being a hard worker, on time, come in as much as possible does not help you move up. Seniority means nothing. Other than management the people are nice easy to get along with. You work 8 hour shift in shipping or 12 hour swing on the production side. Very dusty have fans that blow the fiber all over the place so it is constantly suspended in the air.
Pros
Vacation after your probation period is up for 2 weeks. Pay
Cons
Hot in summer. Have to wear long sleeve FR clothing. Very dusty.
Kind of like High School
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Management is ok. Most of the employees are good, but some of them still act they are in high school, even though they are in their late 50's and 60's. Union plant.
Management insuffiecient
Journeyman Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 10, 2018
Pretty laid back job for the most part. Biggest gripe about management is getting rid of the culture where the management has come up through the ranks and went salary later in their career. Today's culture is hiring a twenty-something kids straight out of college with zero real world experience. In the end these folks are not a valuable resource or "go to" people.
Pros
Good pay and benifits.
Cons
Middle management chaos
Nice place to jump start your career
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Management manages "off-hands", very little training
Situations are handled with "blame others"
Your expectations are set by the length of time you've worked there versus receiving proper training an enhancing the skills you bring to the company i.e. self taught on how to work their software systems then the expectations are set for you to be an expert because you've taught yourself their system independently for 6 months
Pros
the ability to transfer to other locations "if" liked by your supervisor
Cons
no annual raises, benefits are mediocre
Productive and fast pace
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 8, 2018
Georgia Pacific is a great company to work for just like any other job it has it pros and cons. the hours are different and long and the pay is good for the location i'm in. The management team at this job is great and understanding. the hardest part of working at Georiga Pacific would be the long hours.
poor management
production leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAFebruary 8, 2018
High turnover due to management. Lots of people direct different and the managers are not on the same page. Lots of back stabbing and nothing is followed through with on managers end
fun co workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYFebruary 7, 2018
management was understanding in all life situations.
Very clean plant
properly trained before you get to your permanent shift
Can always work Overtime if you choose
Pros
if you hit the daily goal management buys lunch the following day
Cons
cant leave for lunch, mandatory overtime
Not worth the stress
2nd Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 7, 2018
The job benefits and pay are great a lot of openly racist individuals and nepotism. I did't quit because my supervisor told me I was a diversity hire to prove that minorities can do the work..he is Hispanic. If I had an issue no matter how I presented it I was told do the job or quit.
Pros
the pay
Cons
lack of effective leadership
Don’t work for GP
Chemical Process Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2018
Employees are treated as expendable, poor management, ridiculous expectations with no support, facility culture is outdated. The company claims a culture of integrity and compliance but it’s only talk.
stressful
RELIABILITY PRODUCTION LEADER (Current Employee) –  Crossett, ARFebruary 6, 2018
Good people but sending in managers that don"t like getting along with any one. After almost 5 years Im worn out because of the stress and want to get away
Pros
free product
Cons
stressful
interesting
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 6, 2018
I didn't know anything about the company and was suggested by a friend. I did like the pay and benefits . I was a young single man and my lifestyle caused me to change jobs.
Pros
salary and benefits
Great Company to work for
Safety Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Russellville, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Great people to work with. Had an advanced safety culture that was a pleasure to work with. The only reason I ma no longer with them is the facility I worked at was sold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.