Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,039 reviews matching the search
manufactring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLMarch 25, 2017
if you like to make lots of money then GP is the right place to work. you can get all the learning experience that you want working between different departments. Management is great and the employees are to the work mite be a little stressful at times. But the moneys$$$$$$GOOD.
Marketing department is dysfunctional
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2017
The marketing department at GP makes group dynamics difficult. The people who are your peers are often kind, but there's little to no accountability.
Good Work/Life Balance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 22, 2017
GP has one of the better work life balances of any company I know of. 40 hour work weeks are the normal and they only expect you to work as much as it takes to get your job done each week. Outage season can get a little hectic with extremely long days and weeks but they try to make that up to you
productive
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSMarch 21, 2017
the most enjoyable thing about the job i had was i could communicate n enjoy my coworkers while i got my job done

the hardest part of my job we had to many supervisor changes that made it hard for some employess cause some supervisors wanted a job done in a way that we wasn't use to and it was unsafe

i learned all kinds of things at georgia pacific like how to run heavy machinery learned things in the electrician field

management suck 3 plant managers was fired during my time at georgia pacific
Pros
we got a raise every few months and we got tissue and paper products every month
Cons
short breaks
work any kind of hours dont know how you may work from day to day.its not a good work environment at all
Planer setter/leadman (Current Employee) –  McCormick, SCMarch 21, 2017
not good. don't know how to treat the employee's. they have the people that they like when it comes to advances and bonuses. the parts room suck. HR. isn't for the people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Fantastic Organization
AE (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 20, 2017
GP is a great organization to work for. I am happy with my current position and look forward to growing within the company for many years to come....
just another job
Rewinder Operator/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  clatskaine, oreMarch 20, 2017
management is always out trying to find a reason to terminate workers. coworkers are for the most part are great. pay is good not so good for new employees under the new labor contract. infighting among management. management does not follow their own rules. they expect more with less. better have eyes in the back of your head.
Pros
compressed work week
Cons
labor contract medical coverage
Georgia pacific- mccormick plant
Electrician (Former Employee) –  McCormick, SCMarch 20, 2017
All I can say is this was the worst place I've ever worked. Stuck it out for four months and had to go. First job I've ever had that I didn't even give a notice when I left.
Pros
Free toilet paper once a year
Cons
Pay, people, culture, management, environment, benefits
Consistent and productive
BUSINESS/BRAND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
Consistent planning and training. Worked with Reps across the US to educate and train them on the Brand. Management is the same but the task and objectives are the changing factors. I enjoy a team culture that embraces a team culture. The most difficult part of the job was the disorganization in the beginning. The inadequate brand relations and knowledge of the company delayed to implementation of the strategic plan. Working with a team to implement a plan toward success. I enjoy working with a team.
Pros
Travel, Flexibility, Challenges, etc.
Cons
R&D that resulted in inadequate information that was previously presented
Line Person (Current Employee) –  DudleyMarch 17, 2017
Great for the money not enough time with family. Management is not good needs more improvement. The weather change is not acceptable. Too much drama from team lead
long hours no raises
MERT/clockroom (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAMarch 16, 2017
Georgia pacific is a awful place to work, the long hours and shifts rotations made it extremely difficult to have a life outside of just eating, sleeping, and working.
there are 3 shifts 7 days long 8 hours each with more often than not turn into 12 or 16 hours shifts.
Cons
no breaks
productive work environment
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSMarch 15, 2017
It is a good place to work, I have worked her for over a year now and benefits are great, I would like stay but the distance to get to work is to far,
Pros
light work
Cons
long drive
Paper Company
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 14, 2017
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. If you’re a consumer, you may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our engineered lumber products, gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
Productive and fulfilling job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Prosperity, SC 29127March 13, 2017
We come in have a meeting and go over the needed requirements for the shift. I learned to work various machine control panels. Learning the control panel was difficult at first. The chemistry of the crew was very enjoyable.
Koch Industries
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAMarch 12, 2017
The typical work shift usually lasted 12 to 14 hours and consisted of numerous reports, remedial training on safety, and performance meetings. The management at my designated plant had a hard time balancing the GP employees demands and those of the local union, which often caused tension amongst employees and management. The hardest part of the job was working long hours with failing equipment. The most enjoyable part, was the leadership development training offered off-site.
Pros
Compensation, Healthcare benefits
Cons
Work Hours
Hidden Pleasure
Forklift Operator (Shipping & Receiving) (Former Employee) –  Milford, NJMarch 11, 2017
Clock in. Inspect equipment. Utilize warehouse and trailer space as effectively and efficiently as possible. Coordinate with other employees and supervisors about the task at hand and future projects.

I learned that you need teamwork in order to accomplish greater tasks. Cooperating with other employees was one of the most enjoyable parts of this job. Although the hardest part of the job was getting along with people who were unpleasant to communicate with on a daily basis.
Pros
Half an hour break time. Some times free lunch. Nice benefits.
Cons
Unpleasant people. Lack of communication.
Excellent culture to work in and outstanding management team
NW Region Asset Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philomath, ORMarch 9, 2017
We work in a culture that encourages a healthy challenge process tat allows us to challenge each other to improve not only our performance but the performance of all employees around us. Georgia Pacific is a company that I do not want to leave but I have to provide our son a better private school that fit his needs. If there is an opportunity at Georgia Pacific in the Atlanta area I would prefer to take that opportunity any day but unfortunately there is not any opportunities at this time. That's how strongly I feel about Georgia Pacific.
My time working there was good and fun.
Production and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMarch 6, 2017
It was a day typical the boss show me the workplace and introduce me with co-workers, and my job too. I learned how to do the job and how to move back and fro in the area. management was good.workplace culture was excellent. The hardest part of the job, my work was temporary. The most enjoyable part of my job,to know people.
Pros
lunch time was paid, you got paid your 8 hours.
Cons
forklift drivers drive to fast, material get damage.
Market Based Management
Supply Chain Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 5, 2017
Company follows Market based management philosophy.
Very efficient and solutions are based on P&L.
However career advancements are challenging.
Learning opportunities are limited
Great place to work.
Production/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, ARMarch 5, 2017
Excellent place to work and great employees who watch out for each other great benefits and insurance package. Management cares about their employees and all around great place.
Pros
All kinds
Cons
Not any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

61%