Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

First job out of college.
Lead Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Springs, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good experience.
Cons: Low pay, company was in trouble, IT employees leaving
Company was a good place to work. Learned a great deal about being a programmer. Database design and programming skills. Company was sold, then folded. Moved on to Southern Progress after 3 years. They were good years but the company was going under and was no place to build a career. Good co-workers but they all began to leave for other jobs.
Great Company - Department lacks realistic work/life balance
Human Resources Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great location, Great Company
Cons: Management lacks realistic vision of work/life balance
Fantastic group of people to work with. Leadership lacks realistic vision of work/life balance. Micromanages, lack of trust in the people they hire. Turn over was bothersome. Role could have great growth opportunities if management allowed it to.
Never a dull moment
Customer Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Never a dull moment. Things are constantly changing. Apply critical thinking skills to all situations to ensure you can resolve your issues.
Challenging
Application Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Work from home 2 days
Cons: Bad traffic on days going to office
Been with Georgia Pacific since 1998
Work from 6:30am to 3:30pm
Provides training
Love working with people from all over the country
Just was an eye opener for me
Expert (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 18, 2015
Being my first real job it wasn't to bad i learned a lot from the staff i was working with. I learned how to balance school with work to make it work. Learn how t quickly count money and resolve any issues with customers.
very hot
truck loader/forklift operator/machine operator (Former Employee), Dudley, NCJune 15, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: not much room for advancement
very hot and humid place to work. building was built in 1983 and had not been upgraded in quite some time. most employees have been there for years and it seemed that there attitudes were more of ive got mine you get yours.
good
Temp Service (Former Employee), Corrigan, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: none
I believe that Georgia Pacific is an incredible place to work do to the effort they put in team work, helping others learn and grown for advancement oppertunities, and how the company takes care of its workers as far as the recognition that is shown to each of the workers.
Productive work place with growth opportunity
Assistant Stacker (Former Employee), Mt Wolf, PAJune 8, 2015
Operated machines that made corrugated boxes out of paper. Made sure conveyor lines were filled with corrugated boxes that then got pressed by machinery and shipped out.
Nice place to work an remember safety first
unitily work (Former Employee), Emporia VaJune 8, 2015
Pros: Nice place to eat your lunch it in the lunch room Nice an clean
Cons: short break an good income
I am an hard worker an do not mind doing what I am told to do it all time. Just remember safety first.I can befit the company an get the work out an put safety first.
Highly Agressive Work Force With Required Attention To Detail
Pilot and Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA, New Augusta, MSJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great Organization
Cons: I did not have any cons.
This company provided me with a good living for over 20 years. They paid great and always provided room and opportunities for promotion. I am thankful that I worked for G-P.
Safety culture
Plant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Albany, ORJune 3, 2015
Salary and benefits are above average.
No nonsense, professional atmosphere.
Safety is not a priority, it is imbedded in the culture.
Opportunities are available at every level.
well run factory
Skoog Operator (Former Employee), Dudley, NCJune 2, 2015
I upgraded plywood as a skoog operator. I had a great boss who was very impressed with how much plywood i upgraded every evening. I worked with a lot of great people. It was hot in there but the company got everyone a big fan and always did there best to please there employees.
Good place to work a lot of hours
General Laborer (Current Employee), Mogadore, OHMay 30, 2015
This is a good place to work a lot of hours. Twelve hour days 5-6 days a week. The hardest part of working here is the long work days. The most enjoyable part is the paycheck. Keep busy throughout the day running part of a machine. Repetitive work but with different orders making each order a little different than the others. Learn how to repair and maintain the machine.
hard work but good pay
Feeder-grader (Current Employee), Warm Springs, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: very little other then pay
Cons: work culture and enviorment
Its hot and humid and can be stressful. Management is moved around to much you never know how's in charge of what. Pulling veneer from behind the dryers leads to lots of aches and sprains.
Productive and fun place to work
Utility operator (Current Employee), McCormick, SCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Outside environment
Every day at work is a new experience. I have to work and very humid and cold weather. Management works hard to make it a safe place to work. The hardest part of the job is handling the material. I enjoy finishing the task at hand.
Great job
Internal Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Off for the summer months
Cons: No real advancement opportunties
Management team was supportive. Work load was dispersed among the team efficiently. Very diversified working environment. Compensation not great because small organization.
Productive work place
Department Lead Kiln Coordinator (Current Employee), Gurdon, ARMay 22, 2015
Great place to learn about safety and team work. You are able to learn more than one job and move up. Overtime is available. they encourage you learn more and be more out spoken in safety meeting.
Very Productive on getting plywood dry
Operator (Former Employee), Corrigan,TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: working to achive same goal
Cons: 12 hr shifts pulling plywood
Georgia Pacific deals with plywood I worked in the dryer Department making sure plywood gets dried and doesn't get stuck in Machinery. the HArdest part of the job is when the plywood does getstuck in dryer. then we have to cut off machinery and open dorrs to get the dried wood off the rollers. its extremely hot and dangerous, but we had a great team. to assist the job safely.
Monetary Value
Winder Operator (Current Employee), Crossett ArkansasMay 21, 2015
The company itself is a great company to work for. After wrking there for 7 years, I have no compliants but after seven years of shift work and hardly no family time, it starts to take a toll on you.
Great Place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Camden, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Lots of opportunity
Cons: Micro management
Georgia Pacific would be a great place to work if everyone applied the MBM principles. That all that I have to say about Georgia Pacific...

1 2 3 4 5

About Georgia-Pacific

What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading tissue – Read more

Georgia-Pacific Salaries