Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
Fast paced work environment.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 29, 2017
Learned alot about making plywood
Gained additional forklift knowledge
Learned to work well in a team oriented environment and maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
Georgia Pacific
Contractor- Crawford Boiler and Stokes Masonry (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAMarch 29, 2017
The shut down for the plant was short but just basic repairs to the boiler and a few tanks. Replaced man-ways and, fixed hot spots. Management was great, we were given a task and was left alone to do what we were told. We where in a hurry but the job as well planned and went as planned, finished on schedule. There was not a real hardest part of the job it was a good job all the way around.
Pros
Great people, good communication
Cons
nothing bad to say
nooooo
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 29, 2017
Never work for them again supervisors have no leader ship they pay could be better attendance policy is overrated they talk about raises but you never get one
Stressfull place to be
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARMarch 29, 2017
To work here is like going to a third world country every day where every one is mad and hates being alive they hate the supervisors and the supervisors are just out to cut each other's throats in effort to get to the top
Na
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Belk, ALMarch 28, 2017
Good Job But no room for advancement. I enjoy my job but I am stuck on night shift with no room for advancement to days and the benefits are not that great.
Enjoyable work place
Rewinder Operator (Former Employee) –  CROSSETT, ARMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed running machines and working with the men on my shift. We worked good together and the schools we were sent to gave us knowledge to being back to help run the mill and machines better .
An okay place to work.
Diesel Mechanic/Fleet Manger (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MS 39168March 28, 2017
As a diesel mechanic you will always be on call. 24/7. Long hours. No help. Pay can be descent. Management lacks knowledge about trucking at a maintenance stand point. Some deadlines they set are just unreal.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible health insurance, always on call, no help
manufactring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLMarch 25, 2017
if you like to make lots of money then GP is the right place to work. you can get all the learning experience that you want working between different departments. Management is great and the employees are to the work mite be a little stressful at times. But the moneys$$$$$$GOOD.
bosses were sexist
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75965March 24, 2017
I did not like the bosses, they would treat me like I didn't know what I was doing or that I didn't need to be there. The others in the mill working would act unprofessional by walking by my office to check me out and leave message to talk to them.
Marketing department is dysfunctional
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2017
The marketing department at GP makes group dynamics difficult. The people who are your peers are often kind, but there's little to no accountability.

Want to know more about Georgia-Pacific?

Ask a question
Good Work/Life Balance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 22, 2017
GP has one of the better work life balances of any company I know of. 40 hour work weeks are the normal and they only expect you to work as much as it takes to get your job done each week. Outage season can get a little hectic with extremely long days and weeks but they try to make that up to you
productive
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSMarch 21, 2017
the most enjoyable thing about the job i had was i could communicate n enjoy my coworkers while i got my job done

the hardest part of my job we had to many supervisor changes that made it hard for some employess cause some supervisors wanted a job done in a way that we wasn't use to and it was unsafe

i learned all kinds of things at georgia pacific like how to run heavy machinery learned things in the electrician field

management suck 3 plant managers was fired during my time at georgia pacific
Pros
we got a raise every few months and we got tissue and paper products every month
Cons
short breaks
work any kind of hours dont know how you may work from day to day.its not a good work environment at all
Planer setter/leadman (Current Employee) –  McCormick, SCMarch 21, 2017
not good. don't know how to treat the employee's. they have the people that they like when it comes to advances and bonuses. the parts room suck. HR. isn't for the people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Fantastic Organization
AE (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 20, 2017
GP is a great organization to work for. I am happy with my current position and look forward to growing within the company for many years to come....
just another job
Rewinder Operator/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  clatskaine, oreMarch 20, 2017
management is always out trying to find a reason to terminate workers. coworkers are for the most part are great. pay is good not so good for new employees under the new labor contract. infighting among management. management does not follow their own rules. they expect more with less. better have eyes in the back of your head.
Pros
compressed work week
Cons
labor contract medical coverage
Georgia pacific- mccormick plant
Electrician (Former Employee) –  McCormick, SCMarch 20, 2017
All I can say is this was the worst place I've ever worked. Stuck it out for four months and had to go. First job I've ever had that I didn't even give a notice when I left.
Pros
Free toilet paper once a year
Cons
Pay, people, culture, management, environment, benefits
Consistent and productive
BUSINESS/BRAND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
Consistent planning and training. Worked with Reps across the US to educate and train them on the Brand. Management is the same but the task and objectives are the changing factors. I enjoy a team culture that embraces a team culture. The most difficult part of the job was the disorganization in the beginning. The inadequate brand relations and knowledge of the company delayed to implementation of the strategic plan. Working with a team to implement a plan toward success. I enjoy working with a team.
Pros
Travel, Flexibility, Challenges, etc.
Cons
R&D that resulted in inadequate information that was previously presented
Line Person (Current Employee) –  DudleyMarch 17, 2017
Great for the money not enough time with family. Management is not good needs more improvement. The weather change is not acceptable. Too much drama from team lead
long hours no raises
MERT/clockroom (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAMarch 16, 2017
Georgia pacific is a awful place to work, the long hours and shifts rotations made it extremely difficult to have a life outside of just eating, sleeping, and working.
there are 3 shifts 7 days long 8 hours each with more often than not turn into 12 or 16 hours shifts.
Cons
no breaks
productive work environment
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSMarch 15, 2017
It is a good place to work, I have worked her for over a year now and benefits are great, I would like stay but the distance to get to work is to far,
Pros
light work
Cons
long drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.