Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Operator 3/Safety Team (Former Employee), Camden, TxFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: safety meals
Cons: short breaks, someone always looking for the negatives not the positives
Good place to work. Little or no advancement at work. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Good pay and benefits. Hardest part of the job was getting your production numbers even though the machine center was running horrible
Don't care about employees
Sprayline/Glueline Operator (Former Employee), Madison, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Worked a facility in Madison, GA. They pay good but they do not treat employees well. Care more about production and profit than employee's concerns and needs.
Good, friendly people that care
Express Temp Agency (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: a recently added popcorn machine
Cons: not being able to do more.
My experience at Georgia pacific as a temp has been a great experience. The people are friendly and are willing to help each other out. I've learned and adjusted to work long hours on my feet. I do more than my job descriptions allows but I also keep in mind the safety factors when doing so. My co-workers are amazing and I can say that I have made quite a few friends working there because of the hard work I put in. I'm grateful Express (temp agency) was able to find me a job so fast but I know I am capable of doing so much for the company. I'm a fast learner and very hard worker. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do anything more than what my job title allows. I want to enter a position that will allow for personal growth in a challenging work environment.
productive and safe work attitudes.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, safety is number 1 there.
Cons: long hours working there
Great management and outstanding leadership skills showed in the veterans that worked there. Hardest part of the jop was on machine 133, making the biggest box with the most trim. That order was tough and, the biggest challenge for us.
Productive workplace where each day is never the same
Customer Interaction and Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexing hours, get out early on fridays
Go into work groom orders, work with buyers, sales representatives, demand and supply management, transportation to get customers their products.
I have learned there is a lot more to my job than just talking on the phone and emailing. I have to use skills I have learned throughout the years to solve problems.
Management and coworkers are very willing to listen and help you out with questions you have.
The hardest part of the job is that most everything that happens - late trucks, inventory cuts, pricing are out of your hands, yet you are the person everyone comes to in order to help solve certain issues and problems.
The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day knowing you went out of your way to help a customer out and they appreciated it.
Forklift operator Prosperity SC
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Prosperity, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: tuition reinbursment
Cons: management, advancement
At this job there was no time for home life. The management here was very bad and the only way to be promoted was if you knew someone in management.
Challenging
Area Purchasing and Stores Manager (Current Employee), Warrenton, GaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: on call 24hrs
On call 24hs per day. Making sure all parts are on the shelves for maintenance to perform work on the mill. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that I am a valuable asset to sustain the mill.
productive ,not fun
Edger/trim saw operator (Former Employee), Warrenton, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Co-workers are alright. MOst enjoyable part of the job is learning more jobs. I learned how to work well with others. My day consisted of always working hard. Always work safe. Be alert and don't get hurt.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Great co-workers willing to assist in every way. Management worked with you when they had the authority to help. Friendly atmosphere.
Ok place to work
Electrical/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: location in the city
Cons: management
this place is ok. It is a job that will allow you to make a living. the management sucks, but it is still a good job. The salary is ok but could be a bit better. The only way to live here is to make as much overtime as possible.
Georgia Pacific a great company to work for.
Veneer Grader (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Georgia Pacific provide employee with great benefit packages. The hourly rate was durable. And the leaders of the organization was visible. I wished that the plant did not closed.
productive and great place to work
Stacker Operator (Former Employee), Quanah, TXFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at Georgia Pacific was making wall board and making sure we made and sent out only the best product we could. I learned how wall board was made, management and coworkers were amazing people to work for and with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and getting to know all the great co-workers. The hardest part of the day I would have to say was the long hours.
I am trained in several different areas.
Laborer (Current Employee), Halsey, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: our tissue issue (paper product for safe work). my coworkers.
Cons: dusty, hot, sticky.
My day depends on where I am scheduled. If in shipping, I am keeping the rewinders in paper, poly, and chemicals.
If I am on the rewinders, the job entails several paper roll changes, with adjustments of the machine, and watching the quality of the finished product.
The front line management (shift coaches) understand the difficulty of the work with less personnel and more job duties. Most decisions are made at corporate headquarters in Atlanta.
My coworkers are generally easy to get along with. Most are there to do the best job they can, safely, and go home.
The job is tough because I am trained in several areas, but, because of this, I never stay on one job long enough to get into a system.
The best part is working with those who enjoy their work.
Great Place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Mt. Wolf PAJanuary 25, 2015
The only reason I left this company of 20 years was money, wrong move.
Very fast paced work.
Fork lift Operator (Former Employee), Monticello, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: stable work.
Cons: low wages.
Started off by checking the water levels in the vats and then the temperature of the water. kept logs straight and moving for ultimate production.
Great Place to work
Capstone Project Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Great, fun and learning everywhere. Employee and helpful and friendly.
Good Company if you just want a Job
Sales (Former Employee), OregonJanuary 17, 2015
There is good opportunity at GP for some; however, with my group, the senior staff talk a good talk, but don't want change and don't do much outside of their comfort zone. In this industry, it tends to be a "good old boys" mentality, without working towards improvement of all processes, except for increasing production. For over a year I remember having the same discussion, over and over again in our daily meetings. Good people, but very little progress.

If you want a good job, doing the same thing over and over and over, this could be the place for you. If you're looking to bring forward new ideas and processes from top to bottom, you might want to check somewhere else. GP is behind the times with an archaic mindset.
Unethical treatment
corrugator offbearer trainee (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: working with younger, not patient people
A typical day is running madly while trying to decipher rambling on by the corrugator infeed as substantial information or not and performing dangerous acts while being told to be as safe as possible. An employee is given one month to figure out the job regardless of the 60 days officially given
Managment was at an all time low
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Dudley, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Great pay!!!!!!! But it could not compensate for the way I was treated by the higher ups.
Great Managment/Travel A Lot
DIVISIONAL RELIABILITY COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Regional SE USAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: managment
Cons: travel a lot
Current Management is adapting to ever changing environments well, but at times focus on output vs people and equipment health. This tendency help my position with job security as I tried to help local mills protect and maintain machine center health. If you like writing technical publications or procedures this is the role for you.

About Georgia-Pacific

What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading tissue – Read more

Georgia-Pacific Salaries