Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,195 reviews matching the search
pays good home life is non exsistant
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAJuly 23, 2017
wanna make good money for the bradford area? here you go! dont want family time, Here YA GO! once summer hits plan on working 6 to 7 days a week mostly 12 hour days.
Pros
nope
Cons
everything
Paper Manfacturer
Senior Payroll Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 23, 2017
Again the pace was constantly busy worked as accounting tech, and payroll. The workplace culture was great everyone worked together as a team.The hardest part probably was meeting the payroll deadlines.
Very fast paced but rewarding
Shipping Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMJuly 21, 2017
The ability to work within this company is hard at times but the satisfaction of completing a task on time is very rewarding. As a supervisor the ability to work and direct others is a challenge as the product has to be delivered in a timely manner keeping the customer happy.
Pros
good time off, like holidays
Cons
Work environment is very stiff and unpleasant
Had no ping pong table at work
Top/Bottom Stacker- Making (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work was great. Everyday would learn about safety standards and understanding of equipment design and operation.Management was good in communication skills.Workplace was full of effective team leaders.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat but good thing the company would provide gatorade and powerade.Most enjoyable part of job was troubleshooting,problem solving,quality control and using my skills.
Pros
free gatorade and powerade and water.
Cons
lunch provided when hitting the goal
work
Maintenance Tech. / Millwright (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 19, 2017
Production maintenance where you stay busy. lot of walking, hot and full of fiberglass . It will make you scratch and itch not. Only for the old school mechanic.
Good place to work at .
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 18, 2017
Love this place just not the hours. Good people to work for. Decent paying job also.i like the organization of the work place and the flow .Really hate to leave this place but not working out with the hours and kids.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours
too much overtime
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Wolf, PAJuly 17, 2017
the company constantly forces more and more overtime on employees. you work in an extremely loud , hot environment and often times for 70 or more hours per week. the pay just don't make up for all you have to give up for it.
Opportunity and Variety
Innovation Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
There was a great deal of variety in the work - very diverse. Lots of opportunity within the company for learning skills and moving into different roles.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Commute
Decent place to work
Storeroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  DeQuincy, LAJuly 11, 2017
Decent Place to work. Management is pretty decent for the most part work culture isn't very cohesive. I enjoy my job solely based on the fact that it mirrors what I did in the military.
8 Year Employee
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 10, 2017
I have been employed by the Gp Asheboro NC plant, the last few years I have saw a lot of changes but sadly not for the better, New management takeover has taken a toll for buisness, employees and customers alike! Very long hours (12hr days at 7days a week continues for months) Usally have to take vacation days to have a day off through the summer months, We do get offered benefits but again sadly they have declined over last few years and cost has increased almost 40 percent, Years past we was shown appreciation by dinners, gifts, bonus, but lately that has came to a hold also, Line of progression throws you from shift to shift never knowing where you will bE next! Management pushed the rate of production through the roof and quality is decreased so a lot of customer complaints but it falls on the employees working so hard to make a product we were told to send and hope it is approved by floor leaders (shift supervision) if they even show up to work on the weekends! I wish I'd knew things I know now I'd never spent part of life and dedicated to this job.
Pros
Benefits 3Breaks
Cons
Very long hours, no home time for family, horrible management
I've learned a lot
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
I've learned a lot. There is opportunity for advancement, but the culture is very typical corporate everyone try to beat out everyone else. Your experience is highly dependent upon your manager. If your manager isn't good, you won't have a good experience. You probably won't get a raise in the first couple years too, and if you do it isn't by much it seems.
benefits
Office work
Credit Manager; Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJuly 9, 2017
Fun place to work. Small office, big warehouse. Great co-workers. Started in A/P, moved up to Credit Manager. Traveled to Atlanta, Denver and San Francisco for meetings. To bad they closed down the West Coast division. I planned on working for them for a very long time.
Large organization with a good company culture
Mill Manager, Calcining Operations (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 9, 2017
This organization is great for advancement, but only if you're willing to relocate to remote areas of the country. The only way to advance to corporate is to move to the Atlanta area. Overall, a good organization.
Good place
SR Tech (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXJuly 7, 2017
Laid back and a good place to work. Its a fast pace and hot but they are good to give breaks and always have cold water. All the team leads are good and fair.
Productive and fun place to be
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, GAJuly 6, 2017
I'm not satisfied with my job .horrible management no training giving work long hours with no appreacation not much communication between employers and management
Decent place to work but hard on family life
Stacker Tech Trainee (Former Employee) –  Corrigan, TXJuly 5, 2017
12-15 hr days,
Good advancement if you are willing to do your job and learn,
Management is pretty poor except for Green End Night Supervisor and they are always out to fire and write up someone instead of teaching them, Hardest part of the job is dealing with lazy team members constantly,
Pros
Great Night Supervisor
Cons
Some employees lack of interest in their job which makes more work for you.
Good company with good benefits and good work environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 3, 2017
My typical day at work was what i made to be. As long as i kept my machine running accordingly i was good my job wasn't that hard until something goes wrong with the machine that i would have to fix. I learned different types of machinist skills as far as what to look for when a machine goes down. The hardest part was when it came down to not knowing what was wrong and it takes a while to find out. I enjoyed just running the machine the most because it something that i love to do and it keeps me busy. The work environment is good, your managers or supervisors doesn't bother you unless something is wrong or the machine is stopped.
boxing company
Stitch and tape Operator (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAJuly 2, 2017
This is a very nice place to work but it is hard on the body. Heavy lifting and the use of caustic liquids were a daily occurrence. This company is one of the best paid company in our small town, but to me it is definitely a man's job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard manual labor
Respectful place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 2, 2017
Work on machines to keep at centerline. Work with a great group of people. Teamwork is great. Learned a lot of skills running 10 different machines in 25 years.
Pros
Benefits, wages
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts from nights to days
Great Consumer Products Company
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 2, 2017
Georgia Pacific has a fast paced manufacturing environment. Employees work together to ensure the operational goals are met. At times the pace can be extremely demanding.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Fast paced grueling environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval