Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employer Reviews

dixie cup was an interesting place to work .
Packaging (Former Employee), Darlington, SCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: snack machines, leave to get something to eat, provide dinner for us every once in a while.
Cons: short breaks, may not have three breaks like your suppose to if it gets busy.
I overall enjoyed working at Dixie cup . being there for a whole 12 hours felt like all day and it gave me a chance to communicate and interact with my co- workers . I also got to experience working almost all over the floor in different areas.
Ga Pacific
Millwright (Former Employee), Hosford, FLMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work downfall is the commute
Plenty of overtime and management is a plus
factory work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: safety lunches.. decent overtime. decent money
Cons: mandatory overtime
seen what orders needed to be done. then started making boxes to fill orders
fast paced environment
patcher (Former Employee), Hawthorne, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: excellent wages and benefits, vacation time, hours
Cons: extreme heat and extreme cold
a typical day at georgia pacific included a pre shift meeting everday to go over what we were to be working with that particular day for each section of the dept. went o my station, did preshift checks and started workin, applying poly patch to panels. if the machinery broke down, i was required to fix it or assist with a millwright if it was a job – more... not easily fix myself.
management made sure everything was supplied as needed and if the dept manager was not available others were there to help in anyway
co-workers were very good people to work with
there werent any hard parts to this job
the most enjoyable thing about this job was i could work somewhat at my own pace by myself, but still made sure production was met – less
Pleasant and enjoyable place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Darlington, SCMarch 17, 2014
Cons: not being hired on permanently
The shift was a 7 on 7 shift My co-workers and my manager had an enjoyable workplace environment
unorganized
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Mount Wolf, PAMarch 16, 2014
this facility took several months to open a position even though they hard already given acceptance letters out to applicants, and then did not have enough business to keep workers
Productive and Fast Paced Enviorment
Operator I (Former Employee), Camden, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: expenive luch & short breaks
Work would include , pulling veneer of the line keeping the chipper clean and away from debris co workers were friendly overall great place to work.
fair place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Camden,txMarch 11, 2014
Pros: close to home, decent pay, good benefits
Cons: everything that goes wrong falls back on the supervisor whether you are there or not, they believe the phrase, "it's not how much you know but who you know"
on a typical day of work you start with safety on your mind because you start off with a safety huddle.
learned that there are lots of opportunities to advance within the company
Good work place, always was open to training
Line Coordinator (Former Employee), Allendale, SCMarch 10, 2014
if you are looking for the laid back country life then its a good place to work.
very long hours
Lead (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXMarch 8, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime
i worked several 14 and 16 hour days, went weeks without a day off. I made a lot of money but was hardly home to spend it.
company is unreliable
Production Supervisor Corrugator/Operator (Former Employee), chicago ilMarch 8, 2014
do this, do that, never interested in opinions, people there are on a leash. easily put the blame on you without any disregard
It was a public company back when I was with them in the 90's.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: lots of work.
Typical customer service environment, manage accounts for several different divisions and departments. The were a public company when I was with them, but now they're a privately owned company.
Small Facility with constantly reduced scope of work
Lead Operator/Line Mechanic (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJMarch 6, 2014
I worked for GP for 8 years and the Plant eventually closed. While it was open I moved from laborer to Shift Lead and got about $0.75 a year raise. not bad for the 80's.
Great Work Experience
Bilingual Consumer Affairs Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: working from home
In my first year working with Georgia-Pacific, I have gained so much knowledge and grown more than I had ever imagined. I have mastered my communication skills, and have improved my problem solving skills and reaction time through my interaction with consumers over the phone. The position has truly taught me patience and diligence. I have exceeded the – more... expectations of my role because I have proven to be a versatile worker. – less
Productive and safety oriented
Clipper Operator (Former Employee), Thorsby, ALFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day involves 12 hours with a 20 minute lunch and two 20 minute breaks. 1 Pre shift meeting that discusses all upset conditions, safety conditions, employee work assignments and any up coming changes in work schedules. I have learned how to be a better production oriented employee with a strong knowledge of safety principles.
consistant and fastpaced
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: recieved company apperal and had company functions
Cons: very dusty
Routine days and very fast paced loading trailers.Learned different paper and housing products.People worked very well together to be productive.The ability to work safely in small work areas loading trailers.
work from home and 75% travel
Pacific Northwest District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: entertainment
Cons: no bonus structure
Gp claims to have a culture of being proactive but they really are quite left in the stone age.

Very cliquish and advancement hard until the upper management is brown up.

They are owed by the Koch Brothers….who seem to think their MBM Guiding Principles are new and exciting …they are old and common.

There upper management dow not abide by there top – more... two ..and most important Honesty and Integrity. – less
Decent Company to work for
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Palatka, FLFebruary 14, 2014
Company needs organization in a few of their mills. For the most part, most of the mills are good to work at. There may be some mills where there is a lack of proper management.
Great job
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and continuous work.
Cons: job did not last long enough.
Assisting operators with setting up a new job and locating material for said job and the need to feel needed.
Positioning Statement
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee), US RegionFebruary 13, 2014
I am a professional leader in Sales and Marketing focusing on business relationships and product expertise. I have worked with large corporations and small entrepreneurs. My strengths include business analysis, communication skills and contract negotiation as well as sales planning and implementation.

Due to Georgia-Pacific’s recent acquisition of – more... Temple Inland several key jobs were eliminated due to overlap. Consequently, I am seeking a challenging and stable position where I can contribute my professional experience and expertise toward company profitability and professional growth.

I have every confidence that I will become a vital asset to any company, I welcome the
opportunity to discuss my professional experience and qualifications with you. – less

About Georgia-Pacific

What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading tissue – Read more

Georgia-Pacific Photos