Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Found 1,068 reviews matching the search
Worst place to work in America, especially for women.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Swing shift work which is bad physically on an individual. What I learned is that corruption is bonafide in this organization. The workplace culture is dark as management treats employees with NO respect as automated robots. The hardest part is keeping the number/production. Dangerous job in which people get killed if they do not adhere to safety regulations. The enjoyable part was the money that is what makes the people continually to work and the become management cutthroats.
Pros
Money
Cons
No room for growth, women are objectified, numerous lawsuits which are swept under the rug, Physically and mentally demanding.
Highly productive environment
Productin Leader II (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Moderate turnover for hourly employees. Higher turnover for management. The amount of hours you put in is huge. rotating shifts. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
benefits, travel and compensation
Cons
can be a very stressful environment
Good Company- Strange work culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Non-standard work practices across the division.
Non-constant on their initiatives to standardize/align with KII.
MBM culture hard to sustain, very subjective.
Bonus structure and performance reviews very subjective.
Most managers are focused on cost reduction initiatives, so they miss the big picture.

Benefits and Compensation -competitive
Promotion opportunities- risky - prompt to go through a re-org

In some areas re-organization is constant, monthly or quarterly- makes everyone nervous
Pros
401K and work life balance
Cons
Management and Leadership
Great learning experience.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2017
Employees working at the facility were extremely helpful. The job had a great work/life balance. Management was hit or miss. Compensation and benefits are average.
Pay is the only good thing
Green Chain Puller (Current Employee) –  Dudley, NCFebruary 10, 2017
Supervisors are unfair..treat employees poorly ...extreme favoritism.... cold in the winter hot in tge summer...doesn't care about their workers only numbers.... work 12 hours 2 10 minute breaks and 1 30 minute break
Pros
Pay
Fast paced work enviroment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, ARFebruary 8, 2017
Georgia Pacific is a great place to work if you are willing to work in a fast paced work enviroment, lots of potential to make money and a lot of overtime if you're willing to work it in which I was. I miss that job
Good place to work. Good atmosphere, good office communication, good people to work with.
Office Manager, W&FP Appalachian Group (Former Employee) –  Mt. Hope, WVFebruary 8, 2017
Georgia Pacific was a good company to work for and I enjoyed my years at GP. We had a great group in our region and I worked with people over 4 to 5 states, so I got to know a lot of people and had good interaction.
Pros
Good people, good job, good atmosphere
Cons
locations close without much notice
fine place to work
Spare Hand (Former Employee) –  Halsey, ORFebruary 8, 2017
Management has a high turnover rate work is very challenging and rewarding would recommend to others learned a lot about area and culture.
Loved working for GA-Pacific...enjoyed my job
Customer Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I loved my work and job responsibilities as it was fulfilling and I was able to accomplish tasks daily and met customer's needs and requirements as Publix Inventory Analyst/Customer Service.

My earlier years at G-P were all payroll related. I was a Division Payroll Manager before they centralized all payroll then I transferred to Customer Service for the same division - Consumer Products.

Loved both jobs!!! I retired early at age 62 only because of the commute and 12 hours days.
Pros
Chances for advancement, great benefits, great job
Cons
Commute only
Cool culture good benefits
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cumberland City, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Constant schedule change makes it terrible.the 6 days off once a month is nice though. Got a great shift foreman. Great shift all together. Cool culture to work in. Everyone's opinion matters
Pros
Good pay. Paid vacation and holidays
Cons
Swing Schedule blows
CSR/Management Training (Current Employee) –  Mogadore, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Unless you are willing to forget your morals, you will not survive with new management
They used to be wonderful, but has changed from the CEO's vision to a dictatorship
Old GP had family culture
Corporate Manager Unemployment Compensation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Old GP had family culture. new GP is all about making money work culture diminished after buyout by Koch Ind. Old mgt team left employees screwed and walked away with millions
benefits
Cons
became an individual culture after buyout
Working at Georgia Pacific
Clipper Off Barrier Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSFebruary 2, 2017
I pulled veneer off an assembly line. Enjoyed working with some of the same people. The hardest part of the job was lack of respect in the workplace.
about gp
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Georgia Pacific makes good money. Has greats benefits. You work at a fast pace constantly. Supervisors are willing to work with you and you will b trained properly.
Pros
good money
Cons
no off days
Long hours little raises
Greader/feeder (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Work work work a raise every blue moon. No family time management has favoritism and its hot in the summer polar bear cold in the winter. Will break you down after 5 years.
Pros
Money plenty of overtime
High stress low reward
Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJanuary 31, 2017
If you miss the old days of management always yelling at you to get anything done, this is the place for you. All senior management seems to be constantly angry. There is very little praise for a job well done, because they will always find whatever didn't go right. The guiding principles that are posted everywhere is a great philosophy for a management team, but are not followed or propagated in any way.
Pros
Good amount of time off
Cons
Constant hostile work environment
Really great place to work
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 31, 2017
GP is a great place to work. Very flexible, management is understanding and supportive. Culture is progressive. I've learned so many things in regards to how to handle myself in a corporate setting.
mad house
Machine Operator/Dry End (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 29, 2017
be one of their favorite employees and you will always have a job. Don't get break, barely get restroom breaks and that's working a 12 hour shift. they don't pay for experience but they expect you to work 12 a day sometimes 6 days a week
Poor managament
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Poor training and lack of any sort of management. Very disorganized on a management level and expect for the hourly employees to manage their personal lives based on poor decisions by management.
Consumes all of your time and pay could be better.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Overall this job did not meet expectations of what I envisioned from the hiring process, training, and pay. Considering the environment from a health standpoint the pay is not at all worth it.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay rate, work environment, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.