Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Great company to have spent the last 24 years.
Printer/Extruder Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MI 49004August 8, 2016
I built a camaraderie with my co workers and staff working in operations. A typical day at work was standard procedure, we knew what was expected of us, and adhered to policy. I got along well throughout the years with both management and my staff.
Very Professional
Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
As a Temp I worked at Georgia Temp and really enjoyed the different companies & departments. I learned new & different things everyday. Some positions were challenging and some were very good. I really appreciated the opportunities.
Pros
So many people & opportunites
Cons
Paid for parking on a temp hrly rate
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 31, 2016
The Elizabethton location was a decent place to work until the plant manager was fired. Run by a bunch of politics now. You are told when you start if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I personally wouldn't recommend working there. Raises? Forget it. You could work your butt off 24/7 and never get any thank you for the job you do.

Promotions? Don't count on it.
Pros
8 hour shift
Cons
everything
labor intensive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 31, 2016
Very hot conditions, short staffed, management not staff friendly, dog eat dog environment. Worked 7 days a week. multiple supervisiors due to the 7 day schedule. they worked 5 day work weeks. All shifts ran different. Safety not real high.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker, Dryers (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJuly 29, 2016
I am a great and hard worker. And work well others.
I feel and believe that I can do any kind of job. And I open for all kinds of jobs.
Last job I had I worked with men. And I was doing a male job. But I put my mind to my job. I did job pretty well. For a woman working with men. Like I have said once before I am a hard worker. I have worked from a kitchen of a restaurant to a Warehouse.
productive work place
Corrugator Operator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 29, 2016
clock in start machine and direct my team sweat all night long. Have to work in extreme heat not for everyone. Make sure you keep pickle juice and take a break often to cool down in the summer. Management can be rude at times
benefits
Cons
heat and rude management
Diversified company with high advancement potential
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 27, 2016
The paper industry is a fast-paced production environment. As part of Koch Industries, Market-Based Management techniques are embraced and integrated into every aspect of the company.
Pros
Diverse job opportunities
Cons
Long, unpredictable hours
Good Honest living with long hrs.
Offbearer (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCJuly 25, 2016
I learned my job from good trainers and carried on a quality to give to new hires for a safe workplace, making it comfortable to be in the conditions we had to work in under good training remove learning stress.
Nice place to work if you're willing to learn about setting up and running machines
Machine/Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
8 hr and 12 hr shifts. Have learned a lot about running machines. Management could be better. Summer time is the worst season for this job because of the temperature
Pros
Nice pay for starters
Cons
Health benefits
ok didnt like it
Second Assistant / temp (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 18, 2016
did not like working there. not enjoyable did not like it .felt i was being used. no future no benifits . i leared that the company only cared about itself.......
Pros
got a paycheck
Cons
not enough pay for the work
hourly associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 18, 2016
Work between 12-16 hours a day. Management does not follow through in holding others accountable. The culture still needs structure and we need tougher leadership. Management mentions a lot about how much they hate their jobs.
Pros
pay
Cons
Healthcare, promotions, accountability
Market Based Management
Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Port Hudson, LAJuly 18, 2016
Georgia Pacific was purchased by Koch Industries and is currently undergoing a mass cultural change in work beliefs and work practices. Employees are having a difficult time making the transition, thus adding stress to management and other personnel. Culture change in any company is highly demanding and requires 24/7, 100% attention.
Pros
Shift hours and training practices
Cons
implementing culture change with employee with 20+ years employeed at the company
Too many cooks, none have the recipe.
plant electrician (Current Employee) –  Quanah, TXJuly 17, 2016
In my experience with Georgia Pacific LLC, it is made obvious that home life is NOT important. They don't even care if you have 8 hours off between shifts. Very close to pushing the edge of labor laws. Will change your schedule at a moments notice. Cannot plan anything at home.
Pros
20 miles from home
Cons
No home life
Wouldnt recommend working in this place to anyone
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Belk, ALJuly 17, 2016
Management is almost nonexistent and does not care about the employees. Very chaotic, hard work, and tough working conditions.
Pros
Pay is not bad
Cons
Extemely hot in summer, extremely cold in winter. Hard work is not recognized or appreciated. Very mismanaged place
pay and time off was great!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJuly 16, 2016
it was a job and after considering that, it was cool. well, for those of us who are dedicated to a job and show up every day and do the right thing
Old Company
Controller (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 13, 2016
Company very determined to operate the same way as it has since 1950. Very opposed to change. Equipment and Attitude need's improvement to compete in this decade.
Pros
My staff was excellent
Cons
Executive Management
A fast paced work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at GA Pacific. I had an awesome group of coworkers and there was never a dull moment, yet we we're always prodctive.
Very stressful work place
Corrugator Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2016
Recycled Material into corrugated boxes; operator on machinery such as The Ward and The Processor; perform daily activities on all machinery such as hang die board for certain customer order, clean ink pans for better quality print on customer order, operator the handler to assist the ward feeding process; check material safety data sheet on normal basic.
Pros
Leadership opportunity
Cons
management
Senior SQL Server DBA (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
Nice place to work. Typical work environment. Great management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work from home.
Productive and fun workplace with room for Advancement
Communications and Ops Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 28, 2016
Working here, it was a very secure workplace with very steady pay and lots of room for advancement into other areas, either up or down the ladder. The management here is very easy to work and everyone is very productive each day. Great place to work.
Pros
Office Parties, Room for Advancement, Job Security
Cons
Cubicle desk system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.