Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 3, 2017
Trained all around the corrugator machine and friendly employs that would like to train new comers. Mainly work twelfth hours my whole career there. Over all the environment was good depending on orders.
a good place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, AROctober 2, 2017
a good place to work but you do not have anytime for family as you work long hours and sometimes do not get any days off but you can make a decent living there
Good place to work.Concern for employees good.
Preventive Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 1, 2017
In my job everyday was different.Depending on what happened on nights with breakdowns or Trouble with equipment most of the time our duties changed.Always something new,the learning never stopped.With the influx of all types of automation & new equipment,it could get very exciting.
Pros
paid breaks & lunch
Cons
Those having to work 12 hour shifts was rough on your 4 day week.
Good Company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, GASeptember 30, 2017
Very fast paced but highly practical job. It will provide you with opportunity if you desire it. They believe in hard work!! Safety is a must throughout the culture. They will invest in training their people! Often time, however, the hours are long and the work is can be very involved depending on the particular industry or product build.
Inovated Corporation
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 28, 2017
Company is always striving to achieve new innovation goals to present the best quality of product to the customers. Employee benefits and salary are well balanced for competitive marketing in the career field. As a leader in consumer products, the company is creative and driven in the force to new design and culture their product for today's buyers.
Pros
Saftey, focus, invatived and supportive
Cons
narrow margin for advancement
Job with benefits
Fork lift driver/ production worker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK 74403September 27, 2017
worked 12 hour shifts. Learned it is an okay job. I learned to drive a fork lift there. The supervisors where ok but some of the management would tell you one thing then it never happened. Hardest part of this job was Sometimes people would not do their job and it made it hard to do your job. I did enjoy working in the store room and power plant.
Pros
It was okay
Cons
No advancement
fine company - nothing super good or bad
Associate Brand Manager, Dixie cups (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GASeptember 27, 2017
Fine company to work for. Nothing super good or bad about it. Work hours are manageable. Big on manufacturing. Recruits from the local schools. Can move around.
What a great place to work
Panel Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLSeptember 27, 2017
typical day was very fast paced in a controlled and safe environment, learned many aspects of how plywood is made and graded. Management was always looking for ways to advance each employee their,the workplace culture was always good. The hardest part of this job I would say was the heat indoors. the most enjoyable part was all the team effort.
Very productive job
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, FLSeptember 26, 2017
This was a great job that you could be able to grow with. You won’t work 8 to 12 hours and overtime with unlimited. You could learn how to drive a forklift and even learned the front in loader.
Strog company to work for.
Production Supervisor / Off Shift Gate-Keeper (Former Employee) –  Warm Springs, GASeptember 26, 2017
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Invest in the training of employees.
- Comprehensive benefits during my employment with the company.
- The opportunity for internal advancement was good.
I like the fact that all new job posts are public and fair for adcancement
Utility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Great job and great coworkers as well as exceptional management. The hourly pay could be a little better for some jobs, they are a little more dangerous and requires great concentrating in order to be safe
Pros
Can be a very good place to retire from
Cons
Need more breaks
Big Company, Lots to do, Moves Slow
DIRECTOR OF COMMERCIALIZATION (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
Diverse opportunities, Political Environment, General Compensation Control (no salary movement), Very slow moving organization. Run like a holding company, little knowledge of the business, trying to learn.
Pros
Diverse Opportunities
Cons
Stodgy and sklow moving, political, Compensation low
Great Work Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 26, 2017
Everyone was great, my trainer who trained me was wonderful and helpful. Not to slow and not to fast as well it just perfect. The machine operators kept up on the machines when something went wrong. Floors were very clean and dirt free it was always clean.
Cons
I was not told or aware you could not be a cigarette smoker, they dont allow you to smoke cigarettes on the property.
Good work environment
SHIFT FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Port Hudson, LASeptember 25, 2017
Good place to gain knowledge and experience. Many different skill jobs available to advance to once hired in. A good place to show off your skills and knowledge.
Safe and productive place to work.
Press Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
A safe and fast paced place to work. A clean work environment. Lots of opportunity to advance from assistant to operator. Much opportunity for overtime and weekends.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overtime
Great place
Administrative Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Russellville, SCSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work, great people, great atmosphere .. relaxing work environment with open door policy from management. Cross training opportunities were readily available that allowed me to advance with the company.
Pros
family environment
Cons
na
Decent job. Cool environment
General operator (Current Employee) –  Port Hudson, LASeptember 23, 2017
Decent job with an opportunity to make good money if you don't mind working a lot of hours. I would recommend it to anyone that lives in the area. Most of the employees are cool but just like anywhere there's a few that's not so great.
Pros
I like the shifts
Cons
Not the best healthcare
Not a fun place
Kiln Operator fork lift (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCSeptember 22, 2017
They are bad at placing people on jobs that they are good at. You are over worked and underpaid.supervisors do not help out with work load and are on a buddie system
Cons
Short break
Productive and fun
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I loved working at Georgia Pacific the people there was nice I made good money. It was a fun place to work . The area I worked in closed down or else I know I would still be working there to this day. I think this is one of the best places I've ever worked.
Pros
Very nice work atmosphere
Cons
I worked outside sometimes in the rain
good place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Good company , well structured . People are focused on the success of the company. They looked at each employee as part of the overall success of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.