Georgia Aquarium Employee Reviews

Exciting and Amazing
YOUTH VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2016
Each day I would learn new things and see new people. I learned alot about different cultures and I learned about marine life and ecosystems. My co-workers were amazing;they were very happy and upbeat people. I loved working in exhibits and telling people about the animals, the hardest part was just being on my feet for hours at a time.
Pros
Meeting awesome people and discounts on food and free tickets
Cons
Best Security position I've had so far.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working at The Georgia Aquarium,my favorite part was being around the animals, also the perks were nice!
Pros
Being able to take my family to visit the Aquarium whenever we wanted.
Cons
Working nightshift is exhuasting and moving up to full-time was a slim chance.
Enjoyable, friendly and soothing
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Georgia aquarium, especially the interaction with myself and the guest. I loved to assist the guest in their time of need and all so answering any question of their concern.
Great job with a great company
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Participated in the development of the program. Great Team of dive professionals. Delivering a world class dive experience to people from all over the world. As a Dive Professional we learned the habits of a variety sea life.
Pros
Good pay and benifits, opportunity to deliver a rewartding exsperience to people from around the world
Cons
Located in downtown Atlanta Ga
My heart was in my job. There was no sorrow fromthe employer.
Transportation Safety Speialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 30, 2016
My position and department at Georgia Aquarium was out sourced after 8 years of dependable service. I was to maintain a safe environment for visitors. I did not require supervision. Most of my co-workers were in shock as well. I most enjoyed the rappor I had with guests and clients.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Georgia Aquarium
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2016
Helping Guest enjoy the time of there lives, helping them experience visiting our beautiful marine animals . The management team in guest service SUCK they only think about theirselves, and that explains why im trying to fina another helpful company.
Productive and fun work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2016
Here at the Georgia Aquarium was like a day at the amusement park everyday was fun and exciting. Being that it was a new environment for I really enjoyed and minute of it and would absolutely work here again.
Really Positive Energy in the aquarium
Team Specialist, Guest Services (Current Employee) –  various posts throughout the building and plazaMay 18, 2016
Working in such an incredible space is awesome. The exhibits and animals are magical. The positive energy is wonderful and if you are an outgoing "people person", it is a wonderful position. Being able to work varying posts per shift is great (when it happens), but having to stand out in the plaza enduring very cold temperatures/winds or rain while directing guests which line to get in or how to use the ticketing kiosks can be a bit frustrating after a few hours.
Pros
Getting to visit the aquarium exhibits daily for free
Cons
30 minute lunches
Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with now and we all work together as a team on almost every issue to complete a task. When working here as security one can go from a very mellow, unstressful day to a very busy, stressful day in a matter of seconds but every day our team stays calm and does the best to satisfy the needs of the guests that enter the aquarium. Working security you learn how to respond quickly to emergency situations which is the hardest part of the job but also the most rewarding and important part.
Pros
Flexible schedule, compatible team members
Cons
Can be boring if there are no problems
Exciting and Eduational
Visitor Service Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2016
I had fun meeting people from all over the world and learning new things everyday! Over the ten years as an employee , I had to adjust to a lot of changes which help me to adapt to different work environments.
fun place to work only if you love animals
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 22, 2016
management could improve a lot! nice ppl that works there, and if your a high school student or in college and need some extra money this would be the place. as far as a career no! only if you have degrees
Pros
meet wonderful guest
Cons
not enough hrs
Fun Working Environment
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is me editing, selling or taking photos. Nothing too hard. A lot of customer interaction. Afun environment if you make it that way.
Pros
half Price Food. Get In Free.
Cons
Short Breaks, No Benefits.
Tour guide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Great place to work. Great coworkers. Managers do the best they can. If you love people and animals you will love out there. To bad the advancement and benefits are so bad.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Low Pay. Mostly part time. Poor benefits
Relaxed working environment
Guest Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
As an employee at the Aquarium, I learned very quickly how to prioritize and accomplish my tasks. With those employees who i worked, I was able to delegate appropriately to allow them growth and success.Relaxed working environment in which I learned new skills in Shipping and Receiving. I enjoyed helping others and I worked well with management.,
Pros
Meeting new people. free tickets, get to see the animals every day.
Cons
low morale and clueless upper management, No training or resources to progress in company
Amazing place
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2015
Fun place to work. Glad to be a part of it. a lot of improvement over the year for guest experience. Love Dolphin show. Great co-workers, volunteers....
Wonderful work place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
This place is amazing and soothing. It is the bet work environment to get the see the smiles on the kids face when they are able to see the whales for the first time is amazing
Excellent training opportunities as a volunteer
Volunteer Diver (Current Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 7, 2015
Excellent volunteer program and free training and internship opportunities. I am responsible for diving in 6 habitats, each of which offer unique training experiences.
Pros
Reduced food prices at cafeteria
Cons
Limited paid positions.
great environment with fun work options
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  atlantaSeptember 29, 2015
very exciting place to work you get to see and meet a variety of people. It stays busy with tourist coming in enjoying the view of different fish and animals. The workplace is very beautiful you have access to the whole aquarium which is pretty big space. I developed better people skills working there especially with kids because its big family environment.
Georgia Aquarium was an all around great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2015
There was never a typical day at the Georgia Aquarium. Every day I was able to learn something new in sales, the aquatic animals, and examining guest expectations for a greater guest experience. Both the co-workers and management team were all very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in the garage. The garage position separated me from co-workers and guest. Thus for making it exhausting and depending the weather included cold conditions. Yet the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the guest and starring at the albino alligator.
Pros
Starring at and studying the albino alligator
Cons
Working in the garage
Great Company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
It was a great experience to work at Georgia Aquarium. I have always been thinking of working at a non profit organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Aquarium. Our community is ready to answer.

100%