Georgia Community Support & Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

A place where you can be yourself
Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAAugust 25, 2015
Interesting place to work where you meet different people and multiple personalities and sometimes allowed to share your creativity.
Pros
Daily outings
Cons
limited lunch options
Very Flexible job, but also very unorganized
Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Flexibility is great, but there is no REAL room for growth. You may get an upgraded status, but your pay will not change. Very high turnover rate, and staff/management aren't straight forward. Very easy job at times, but can be very stressful.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
work environment
Caring for consumers that need the extra help
DCP I (Current Employee) –  Lawerenceville and Atlanta GeorgiaJune 11, 2015
I work with consumers in their homes and in the community. I help them reach their goals (ISP). I do daily paperwork and light house keeping for consumer. I administrate medicine after being trained by RN.
Pros
Full time work and no problem giving me overtime
Cons
Pay increase needed
you have no life
RN Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,Ga.October 22, 2014
I worked as RN Manager for 1year. when you take this job you have no life. you belong to GCSS
You are on call 24/7. your Supervisor will hound you to death. She will call staff and ask if you are there and what you did when you eas there. When she calls you you had better answer right away or she will get upset. Be careful what you say to her because she writes everything down and then she will write you up. Do NOT TRUST HER !!!! She is supervisor from H___
Pros
good example of job you dont want again
Cons
supervisor from h---
Developing and Learning work environment
Caregiver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2014
A typical work day consist of supervising staff members to assure they were complying with companies guidelines and rules. Assist with creating a physical environment that lend to the progress of individuals needs. Kept accurate daily documentation of activities.
This job taught me how to except people for who they are and to appreciate even the smallest things. Instead of complaining about what you don't have or what you want, you should be thankful for all that you have because things could always be worse. My experience with the management team taught me to always fulfill my position to the best of my ability because you never know how the decision you make can impact others. My co-workers taught me how not to be so careless.
The hardest part of my job was knowing that I could never change their state of being. I enjoyed encouraging, loving and support the individuals.
working with vulnerable population
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 9, 2014
Working with the vulnerable population is a job that you should whole heartedly enjoy doing. It takes a serene individual to commit to the task. The benefits of working with this company is the bond that you form with the individuals you serve.
Pros
the experience
Cons
no raises, lacks stucture and organization
Rewarding and innovative work space
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2014
I assisted two families with children who had Autism and cerebral palsy. I helped assist each individual reach their In Home Service Plan (ISP). I also implemented a list of goals for each individual that cover; communication, physical therapy, potty training, social awareness, and problem solving.
Great opportunity to help those who can't help themselves.
Supervisor & Disabilities Respite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga.November 19, 2013
My typical day consisted of creating vouchers for respite services for individuals, as well as, managing four respites home in the Metro Atlanta area. This job taught me many great lessons in management and handling certain environments. My management wasn't the best, but I enjoyed my other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to refuse services to deserving families. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and building relationships.
Pros
helping people.
Cons
poor management.
I love doing what I do as far as helping juveniles.
Direct Care Provider III (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA.October 24, 2013
My work schedule is from 11P - 7:30A Monday - Friday, my typical night at work is basically monitoring juveniles during the night while they sleep and security of juveniles. During my time here have learned that a fern but, stern attitude is needed when dealing with juvenile and their behaviors. Management here at GCSS, (Georgia Community Support & Solutions), lack professionalism, sympathy and common courtesy towards there employees. There are no 401K, sick days or good benefits plans, we only accumulate 3.8 hours per pay period for vacation every 2 weeks and there has been no raise in pay since I began employment with GCSS . I have a good relationship with most of my co-workers. There is nothing that is hard about my job because I love what I do. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it can be laid back at times and stress free.
Pros
experience......which is good for my resume.
Cons
the pay isn't great.
Run!
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cobb CountyMay 4, 2013
The day program is poorly run, the staff turn over rate is high, management plays favorites,some people get away with things while other's don't.
Management has no clue what they are doing!!
The staff hasn't had a raise in years!! Staff is making less than 9.00 but are expected to perform duties of someone making 20 an hour.In fact staff is performing billing and whatever else GCSS wants you to do. They add more and more responsibility on the staff relieving their incompetent management of accountability and unfortunately their clients suffer.
Management will allow staff to make mistakes but when it gets reported, management will pretend they know nothing about it! The moral is down because staff is over worked and underpaid! The staff to client ratio is too low, more clients but not enough staff.

GCSS prefers to promote on the outside and in some cases, bypassing, promoting employees, who have busted their humps for the company for years, with no raise! If your desperate and in need of a job its perfect!!
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything about the place
Georgia Community Support & Solutions is a wonderful place to work. The agency focuses on goals, quality of services and values and dedication.
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day at work consist of upon arrival, representing the company in a professional manner, checking the voicemail for respite request from families, sending out emails, return calls to families and agencies, check emails for applications for services, file reimbursements, update demographics in the database, send out referrals for assistance, switchboard duties, scan documents, answer questions from outside vendors and families, check month end reports, process home visits for family support coordinators and support coordinators, room reservations, take minutes of meetings, filing, data entry, copying, faxing, serve as backup to departments, other adminisrative duties as requested.
Pros
teamwork and goal oriented.
Cons
company should spread services to more counties.
Physical job that keeps you busy.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 25, 2012
A day at the facility can become very challenging, but with the staff that is employed it makes the day easy!!!

2.7