Georgia Department of Education

Georgia Department of Education United States Employee Reviews

Training Specialist
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Learned a lot and management was very Cooperative and it was a very competitive environment
Assessment Specialist (Project Manager) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
In the role of Assessment Specialist for the Georgia Department of Education in the Office of Assessment and Accountability, my responsibilities were to manage the RFP creation process, budget $2.2 million dollars, and served as lead contact for the creation of 1700 items and task to support common core grades 3-12. I’ve composed, revised, and edited state and federal correspondence needed to support transparency and accountability for the project. I also collaborated with various departments within the DOE to assure accurate alignment and deployment of items and task.
I feel my job is a very fulfilling job.
Parent Advisor for Georgia PINES (Current Employee), Clarkston, GAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: it is a wonderful feeling to help others.
Cons: there aren't any.
I am able to work at my full time job and do this job on the side. It is a great job and I love working with the families.
Productive and enjoyed working with the staff
Secretary 2 (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: learning alot about the school system
Cons: supporting everyone in the regional support teams
For this company, assisted in coordinating the monthly meetings and work of the five (5) Regional Support Teams (RSTs) across the state to plan, implement, and monitor the work of the Statewide System of Support in providing direct services to schools based on identified areas of academic need. I learned alot as far as what the schools needed for improvement.
Politics at it's best! Loved greeting many guests!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: being a part of our state education system
Cons: inconvenience of parking in a garage downtown atlanta
Filing- phones - people gretting - hosting luncheons - scheduling events, booking rooms for meetings. organizing functions, schedule travel.

Favorite - the people!
Least Favorite - being very quiet! LOL -

October 9, 2012

I like quiet. To much noise is not always good and professional.

Great learning environment
Financial Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta GADecember 29, 2011
Pros: good benefits-family comes first
Cons: budget constraints
Opportunity to work with a vast variety of people, and to learn about all the different programs operated by GADOE