Georgia Department of Labor Employee Reviews

Productive & fun work place
DOL SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 20, 2017
I love what I do everyday. I get to help people who are going through the toughest periods in their lives and it gives me a sense of true purpose.I don't get paid a whole lot but I have an enormous amount of peace and my manager is amazing!
Pros
LUNCH TIME, AWAY TIME FROM WORK, BENEFITS
Cons
BETTER COMMUNICATION/TRANSPARENCY
Not a Positive Environment
DOL Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  GAApril 4, 2017
I used to love going to work but staff shortages, high work loads, and bad management has made this a high stress environment. The benefits are decent and the pay is ok. Work hours are great.
Unemployment
Unemployment (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2017
Although I didn't want to collect. My experience was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was able to collect for 1 year and it really help me since I had no income.
Great place to help people find work.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMarch 13, 2017
This is a very demanding job that requires lots of patience. You must be willing to work with people that come from various backgrounds to help our dislocated workers throughout the state.
fun place to work
Veterans Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 9, 2017
Department of labor was a great place to work. My boss was the best boss I didn't mind going above and beyond the call of duty. The benefits were great
Good people
Java Applications Developer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day at work is normal. Normal stress level. Great technology and good people. Management is nice. Co-workers nice. Enjoyed working with all.
Worst Company
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
Management isn't coherent of their employees' discomfort. The pay isn't well. Other employees are not friendly. You are spited if you have an opinion.
Cons
Pay, management, system
Calm environment when their are not any interruptions in the system
Computer Complex Operator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
Ensure that the Gdol operating systems are operating currently,troubleshoot circuit's for any outages. Gdol recently switched to new system for processing my experience with Unix has been increased. Staff members worked as team member's during transition. Management staff easy to work with in reference to
training and also access to other departments for information.
It was enjoyable to work with so many people that had different level's skills and were willing to share their knowledge with me.
The hardest part of the job was when staff was not included in the
reconstruction of the operating system and the staff had to figure the new process using trail and error.
Pros
discount's offered on a large amount of items with the state
Cons
health care program
Great place to work.
FIELD TAX AUDIT MANGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 10, 2016
If you love working with the public and help individuals in need, this is a great place to work. The benefits are fair. You have a good work and home life balance.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary
State Job
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2016
It takes this company to long to make employees full-time some of the old employee are not nice they do not try to help grow some of the Manager are not nice.
A great opportunity to help residents of Metro Atlanta during difficult times in their lives
Disable Veterans Outreach Programs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
A structured work environment with strong management support and career training opportunities. Clearly defined objectives; goal oriented, emphasis on professional customer service; a ream player environment; esprit de corps
Pros
Benefits, ample time for lunch
Cons
pay
Contractor Position
Data Entry Operator Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Seeking a more challenging and stable work environment. Presently I am a contractor with an indefinite contract. I am seeking a full time career change with benefits and a opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Supervisor
Cons
Not enough pay, not full time, no opportunity to grow
Productive work flow and gaining the experience goes a long way
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Very under staffed and could be stressful at times. I worked in Appeals Department which we covered the whole state of Ga. with limited staff. You can learn a lot and they are open for you to be crossed trained only down size is they really do not promote within as much as they should.
Pros
Benefits are good, nice people
Cons
I worked in main building had to pay for parking. and under staffed
Excellent Employer
DOL Services Specialist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 1, 2016
Excellent organization to work for. A typical day at this job was assisting customers in their job search and serving as liaison with employers to assist customers in obtaining employment as well as training to enhance job skills. Also assisted customers with filing for their unemployment. Management was supportive and willing to assist when needed. There was nothing hard about this job, and I thoroughly enjoyed my job.

This was a temporary assignment.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Good place to work and can enjoy the work
Senior Performance Engineer/Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2016
Learned new technology and implementations and also upgraded skills, Improved many things. Handled very responsible tasks. Good place to work.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 11, 2016
Enjoy meeting new people and working with the public. The stress level is lower than at my previous job. I wish the pay was higher.
productive
Clerical/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, GAMarch 8, 2016
My typical work day is very productive, i always come in with a smile and leave with one. I have learned many skills with computers, my manager is very excellent in what she does,
Good Place for at experience
DOL Services Specialist Trainee (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 2, 2016
Its pretty basic on some thing all I mainly do is help people with the computer and guide them through process to get on system for job search. The hardest part I think is when clients can be a bit too rude, i can handle having a bad and bit of rudeiness but its when they start cussing you for something that is out of your hand can be challegeing at times.
Pros
good staff, good work environment, wonderful place to learn
Cons
clients get up of things out of our hands
DOL Services Specialist
DOL Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Repetitive work
Organization is key
Confidentiality
Family environment
The most enjoyable a part of my job is connecting with the customers and providing the best customer service ever.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Under staffed, under paid, no room for growth
Great team work.
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I just loved working for this department, managers and supervisors were just awesome, and the staff was the best, it was always working as a team to accomplish the same goal
Pros
Great friendly faces
Cons
Short lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Department of Labor. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia Department of Labor Reviews by Location