GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR Employee Reviews

Georgia Dept of labor is is dire need of an upgrade in its approach to improvement of it Public Image as a viabe resource of employee/rmployer matche
Recruiter/Employment Services Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
Poor management with very little upward mobility. Georgia Dept. of Labor is s in dire need of a new Public Image. It possess a wealth of great employee potential for companies existing within the State, but has a very poor image among most employers throughout the state. GDO s viewed as a resource for General Labor, when in actuality its database of employees runs the total range from general labor to high tech, etc.
Ample resources to expand your knowledge
Advance Service Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: lots of individual face to face meetings with clients, work environment is like one big happy family
Cons: work load sometimes prevents employees to get decent time off. volume of work is most times high
I quickly learned to how adapt to a results driven working environment. All employees provide each other with assistance and expertise, and treat each other like family. Some members of Management is untrustworthy and can also be lazy at times. You must have lots of patience sometimes, to deal with the different individuals that go into the office daily. I will admit sometimes I fear for the employees and other customers safety, because of the way some of the clients come in acting. Sometimes there's a lot of things that's not organized, just put in place by individuals that doesn't have a clue what goes on in the field, but yet they make way more money. Just unfair to be treated like slaves in the field, while they just push pens and make decisions based off how they feel things should go. Looking for another job, just can't take all the work and less pay with high benefits.
Great state organization! Good benefits and excellent customer service provided.
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GeorgiaAugust 9, 2015
Worked in all areas of agency from clerical to supervision. Acquired vast knowledge of processing unemployment insurance claims, customer service skills (on going training with agency), provided employment counseling and job placement. Good working relationship with co-workers. Excellent team work within my unit! Agency provided excellent training for supervisors. Although we were short-handed on any given day, the office always pulled together to achieve the utmost customer care.
High demanding field
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Secret pal within department
Cons: healthcare is to expensive, and lunch breaks are only 30mins.
Review claims daily. Communicate with claimant's and employers to gather statements regarding claims. It's hard but you can be successful and productive.
Productive ad good work place
Employment Service Clerk (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Nice breakroom for your lunch time or any break time.
Cons: Some co-workers lacking on the job.
The day start off with preparing for the clients as they entry the center. I learn to referral clients to position open in the system and provide information that is needed to clients and to help clients with resetting their pin.
Co-workers was great, fun to work with and helpful when needed. TEAM WORK!!!
The job was not hard, the hardest was dealing with unpleasant clients.
The most enjoyable is knowing that you have help the client and the team work that was accommodated in completing the task for the day.
Very Organized
CLAIMS PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJune 27, 2015
- Processing unemployment claims.

- I learned all ins and outs of unemployment insurance.

-Amazing management team.

- My co-workers were very nice and helpful.

- Hardest part about my job had to be turning down people who did not qualify for unemployment.

-The most enjoyable part about my job had to be helping customers and making their lives a little easier.
Great Company
Conferee (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Meet interesting people all day.
Cons: The pay
I love working here. You never will have a boring day. Every day is a new experience and different scenario when dealing with employers and claimants.
Environment was versitile
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: military type dictatorship environment
A typical day at work consisted of answering a multi line switchboard, monitoring surveillance cameras, greeting and assisting walk in customers, creating service requests, filing, light typing, monitoring fire systems monitors, monitoring employee parking payment systems. I learned how to use microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint and attended numerous training classes on administrative, security and human resources enhancements. The hardest part of the job was dealing with walk in customers who were angry about unemployment decisions, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers.
Productive and helpful
Policy and Procedures Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Assist customers (internal and external) with questions, train and educate new and old staff on policy changes. Write business requirements for new law changes. I get excited when I can help a customer feel better about being unemployed and ease them through the transition.
Ok for starting off a career
Residentual Tech (Current Employee), Warm Springs, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Laid Back, Student interaction, and co-workers
Cons: Lack of diversity in management, Nepitism, and disconnect from upper management.
I found a lot of nepotism. their a lot of people who are related to each other. They also lack diversity in management. My manager does make it great. She seems to know what she is doing. I have good co-works. I have fun with the students.
good
Intern (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 7, 2015
great oppurtuinty to help others find work and can be rewarding at the end of the day. hours aren't that great but at least its not retail
Government Culture
Senior Project Manager/Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Government environment, managed multiple projects that I could not have a specific due date for tasks, had to negotiate week for task to be completed. CIO was a political appointment that was not technical. No budgets for me to manage.
Increase employee moral in the workplace
Personnel Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Nice work environment
Cons: Better pay and benefits
In the past few years I have seen employee moral sink as low as I have ever seen it with the state government, I truly think that we need to find inventive ways of bring employees moral back up where you enjoy coming to work and also enjoy the people you work with. The turn over rate has been overwhelming to say the lease. I think that if you offer better benefits and also a increase in better pay that would be the first step in motivating employees not only to work better but to enjoy work and cut down on absentee and relocating to other jobs.
Good company to work for
IT Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good retirement system
• Manage Data Center Operations and Production Control responsible for on time mainframe functions with focus on proper job stream setup and workflow scheduling.
• Serve as primary point of contact for technical staff and hardware vendors.
• Developed and revised departmental procedure manuals to assist staff in all areas of mainframe operations.
• Generate weekly statistical and department performance reports for senior management review.
• Interface with Help Desk team to provide immediate support on pressing issues.
• Established and implemented training methods to ensure full compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
Loved this Job
Administrative Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: all aspects
This job was very challenging in that there was something new to do everyday along with the regular daily assignments. I learned about state government laws, and administrative regulations along with other areas of state government. I worked directly for 3 CIOs of the information technology department and serviced all of the managers in the division which all worked directly for the Commissioner. My co-workers were very friendly and team oriented which was great.

The hardest part about my job was leaving, which I did in order to care for my sick newborn at the time.

I enjoyed every aspect of my job there was nothing I would have changed about it.
Challeging
Administrative Hearing Officer Prep Tech (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: lunch locale and time alloted for lunch.
Working for GDOL was very challenging and required a lot of self discipline, organizational skills, people skills, legal terminology, and the ability to handle crucial deadlines.
Nice people to work for
Claim Examiner/ (Current Employee), Thomson, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Wrok is ok but I don't feel like it is evenly distributed. file unemplolyment claims interviews train work shops customer service data entry review applications, develope relationships with employers
Interesting Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: micro management
Things operated smoothly in a tight net environment. Worked with a lot of interesting employees and public clients
Customer Service
Employment Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cordele, GANovember 17, 2014
great place to work and very rewarding by helping indiviuals better their life in the work force. I love the mental benifits it offers.
Very intense.
Benefit Payment Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaNovember 14, 2014
Conducts fact finding to determine overpayment.
Documents information from claimants response to ‘’WHY’’.
Process info relating to overpayment unit. Send ‘’WHY’’ letters