Georgia Department of Labor Employee Reviews in United States

EMPLOYMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 11, 2016
Enjoy meeting new people and working with the public. The stress level is lower than at my previous job. I wish the pay was higher.
productive
Clerical/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, GAMarch 8, 2016
My typical work day is very productive, i always come in with a smile and leave with one. I have learned many skills with computers, my manager is very excellent in what she does,
Good Place for at experience
DOL Services Specialist Trainee (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 2, 2016
Its pretty basic on some thing all I mainly do is help people with the computer and guide them through process to get on system for job search. The hardest part I think is when clients can be a bit too rude, i can handle having a bad and bit of rudeiness but its when they start cussing you for something that is out of your hand can be challegeing at times.
Pros
good staff, good work environment, wonderful place to learn
Cons
clients get up of things out of our hands
DOL Services Specialist
DOL Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Repetitive work
Organization is key
Confidentiality
Family environment
The most enjoyable a part of my job is connecting with the customers and providing the best customer service ever.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Under staffed, under paid, no room for growth
Great team work.
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I just loved working for this department, managers and supervisors were just awesome, and the staff was the best, it was always working as a team to accomplish the same goal
Pros
Great friendly faces
Cons
Short lunch
Fun Place to Work
Employment Consultant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work. It was very flexible and the people there are like a family. The only thing the agency needs to work on is higher compensation.
Great place to be but....
DOL Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 22, 2015
this is a great place to work, but it pays extremely low wages. If you are in need of a job to get bills under control then this job is not for you. They will advertise for a position for unemloyment but the advertised pay will be $2200 a month... "GROSS PAY" not "net pay" which means by the time taxes and whatever health insurance taxes its cut you pretty much dont have anything. Oh and the health insurance is great but its expensive... which puts you a position to choose the worse, the cheapest option available. Depending on how you connect with your coworkers it could be great, but there are the ones in management that dont care about anyone but themselves because they are the manager. Honestly, if you can find another job that pays more go ahead and take it and avoid this place. If they were not forced to pay us... I do believe we would be slaves.
Pros
hour lunches, steady pay and healthcare
Cons
exremely low pay, extremely high cost insurance and poor managment
Great place to work, learn and grow.
DOL Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2015
A productive, professional workplace. Great team to work with during my one year temporary experience. There is opportunity for advancement.
Great co-workers and great environment to work in.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 7, 2015
Working at the GDOL was a great experience for me. It has gave me a lot of knowledge and experience. I learned so much important things I didn't know and I needed to know.
It's Ok
U.I. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2015
The jobs are easy but tedious. You don't get paid half as much for the same type of jobs as you would in the public sector. Management is ok, except the U.I. division which is crazy. The DOL as a whole is 75% female, and most of your coworkers have been in their positions for 10 plus years. Little room for upward growth unless your sponsored aka know someone. But all in all if you stay to yourself you can make an ok living.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great opportunity to obtain a wealth of knowledge
Unemployment Insurance Field Tax Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
Definitely a lot to learn. Management supports advancement. Most time, clients are appreciative of being educated on how the law works in regards to unemployment.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, management support, plethora of skills to learn
Cons
Minimal training of all facets of the job
Georgia Dept of labor is is dire need of an upgrade in its approach to improvement of it Public Image as a viabe resource of employee/rmployer matche
Recruiter/Employment Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
Poor management with very little upward mobility. Georgia Dept. of Labor is s in dire need of a new Public Image. It possess a wealth of great employee potential for companies existing within the State, but has a very poor image among most employers throughout the state. GDO s viewed as a resource for General Labor, when in actuality its database of employees runs the total range from general labor to high tech, etc.
Ample resources to expand your knowledge
Advance Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
I quickly learned to how adapt to a results driven working environment. All employees provide each other with assistance and expertise, and treat each other like family. Some members of Management is untrustworthy and can also be lazy at times. You must have lots of patience sometimes, to deal with the different individuals that go into the office daily. I will admit sometimes I fear for the employees and other customers safety, because of the way some of the clients come in acting. Sometimes there's a lot of things that's not organized, just put in place by individuals that doesn't have a clue what goes on in the field, but yet they make way more money. Just unfair to be treated like slaves in the field, while they just push pens and make decisions based off how they feel things should go. Looking for another job, just can't take all the work and less pay with high benefits.
Pros
lots of individual face to face meetings with clients, work environment is like one big happy family
Cons
work load sometimes prevents employees to get decent time off. volume of work is most times high
Great state organization! Good benefits and excellent customer service provided.
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GeorgiaAugust 9, 2015
Worked in all areas of agency from clerical to supervision. Acquired vast knowledge of processing unemployment insurance claims, customer service skills (on going training with agency), provided employment counseling and job placement. Good working relationship with co-workers. Excellent team work within my unit! Agency provided excellent training for supervisors. Although we were short-handed on any given day, the office always pulled together to achieve the utmost customer care.
High demanding field
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
Review claims daily. Communicate with claimant's and employers to gather statements regarding claims. It's hard but you can be successful and productive.
Pros
Secret pal within department
Cons
healthcare is to expensive, and lunch breaks are only 30mins.
Productive ad good work place
Employment Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
The day start off with preparing for the clients as they entry the center. I learn to referral clients to position open in the system and provide information that is needed to clients and to help clients with resetting their pin.
Co-workers was great, fun to work with and helpful when needed. TEAM WORK!!!
The job was not hard, the hardest was dealing with unpleasant clients.
The most enjoyable is knowing that you have help the client and the team work that was accommodated in completing the task for the day.
Pros
Nice breakroom for your lunch time or any break time.
Cons
Some co-workers lacking on the job.
Very Organized
CLAIMS PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 27, 2015
- Processing unemployment claims.

- I learned all ins and outs of unemployment insurance.

-Amazing management team.

- My co-workers were very nice and helpful.

- Hardest part about my job had to be turning down people who did not qualify for unemployment.

-The most enjoyable part about my job had to be helping customers and making their lives a little easier.
Great Company
Conferee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2015
I love working here. You never will have a boring day. Every day is a new experience and different scenario when dealing with employers and claimants.
Pros
Meet interesting people all day.
Cons
The pay
Environment was versitile
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of answering a multi line switchboard, monitoring surveillance cameras, greeting and assisting walk in customers, creating service requests, filing, light typing, monitoring fire systems monitors, monitoring employee parking payment systems. I learned how to use microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint and attended numerous training classes on administrative, security and human resources enhancements. The hardest part of the job was dealing with walk in customers who were angry about unemployment decisions, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
military type dictatorship environment
Productive and helpful
Policy and Procedures Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Assist customers (internal and external) with questions, train and educate new and old staff on policy changes. Write business requirements for new law changes. I get excited when I can help a customer feel better about being unemployed and ease them through the transition.