Georgia Department of Transportation

Georgia Department of Transportation Employee Reviews

Stress filled environment.
NEPA Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Most of my coworkers were very friendly and were wonderful to work with.
Cons: High stress to get documents completed, even though some of the information needed to complete a dodcument comes from other sources.
No Raises, including cost of living, unless you request a promotion. No training for new managers on how to deal with different personalities and their issues. There is some travel involved throughout the state for field plan reviews and Public Information meetings. Many of my coworkers were very helpful if I needed information or an explanation of something that I was not sure about.
Fun workplace
General Laborer (Former Employee), ATlanta gaMay 6, 2015
I always love to work with people who are a lot of fun and exciting to a company. I love managers that interact with employees like they would a customer,
A great learning experience good place to work
Right-of-Way Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: annual leave
Cons: none
My day began at7am and stop at 3:30pm. I would have two or 3 calls per day management was ok with that great co workers we work as a team, the hardest part was getting option sign enjoyable part was the time spent with the property owner
Productive workplace
Program Tech/Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: management is great
Cons: hated having to leave
Great work environment. Great people. Great attitudes. Great learning experience. Would have been great if they could have kept me in the budget.
Pleasant place to work
SharePoint Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Culture is very diverse. professional adherence is key. There are good opportunities to have good careers within the department but find what you love to fit in.
If you enjoy helping people, this job is for you.
Highway Emergency Response Operator (HERO) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good hours/good benefits
Cons: working on the interstates can be dangerous.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting stranded motorists. Most of them were so grateful to be assisted quickly because they felt unsafe sitting on the side of the Interstate and the heavy traffic.
Professional Environment with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant to the Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long commute
I enjoyed working there for 20 years. Excellent professional learning environment with great co-workers. Great opportunity for advancement and training opportunities.
Team player and hard worker
Accountant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: completing my job and growth opportunity
Cons: no growth
Staying structured,focused,organized and completing day to day is what I enjoy doing on a regular work day.This was a very challenging position . However I do enjoy the rush and learned that problems are solutions with work clothes on.
If you dont like working hard and love complacency...
CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR, SR (Current Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 8, 2015
If you are looking for an organization that embodies complacency & as long as you live by the mantra "Out of sight; out of mind" then this is the place for you...30 years later and you will be able to afford that used Hyundai you have always wanted...
productivity and workplace
Program Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: working and training
Cons: no raises
A typical workday for me at GDOT is busy. I have learned to multitask in a face-pace setting and knowledgeable of the department policy and practices. Co-workers are pleasant and management is fair. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day, when there are more work to be completed. The most enjoyable is the interaction with other units.
the job is fun
MLT (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 3, 2015
I have learned a lot working for the dot. I got my cdl in six months that they pay for you. Its very laid back and non stressful environment. Working for the state Ive notice there is no room for advancement. The managers are not often around.You got everyone trying to the boss.
It was a government job.
Construction Estimator (Former Employee), Athens, GADecember 3, 2014
It was a government job. The pay wasn't great, the benefits were pretty good. They were a good organization to work for. They care about their employees and people try to do their job well.
Never in one place to long
Asphalt Crew Worker (Current Employee), Toccoa, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: learn a lot about roads
Cons: hot
loved it. Learned how to drive a dump truck. This is something I never thought I would be able to do.
Review
Budget officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2014
Great place to make a start. Don't think it is a great place for a career unless you are within the inner circle.
The work is great, but the job is full of staff that gossip
Signage Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: job security, and move to other positions even throughout the state
Cons: laid back enough to fall asleep, gossiping really bad, and pay is very minimum waged
The work is great; down falls are pay and lots of people worried about other people because the pay doesn't allow you to make a good life of your own. You put up highway signs and take down broken or old highway signs. Simple work and some people try to make it seem difficult but that's all there really is too it. The only danger is the fact your on the side of the highway and some streets with cars that don't respect your warning lights or signs. You can not hold this position very long unless you plan to get your CDL license which is mandated.
Fun workplace and great experience
Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Go in the field and find pot holes and fix them. We have to do grading and paving each day. My co workers and I get along great and the hardest part of the job is when the weather is bad and we still have to fix the roads. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that everyone will be safe when we fix the roads.
Great training system
Right of Way Agent (Former Employee), Tennille, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great training and benefits.
Cons: the pay is too low.
The GA DOT is a good place to work. I actually still do a lot of contract with with my former peers at GDOT. My co-workers made me feel like family.
Georgia Department of Transportation
Inspector on bridges. (Former Employee), USAJuly 25, 2014
Georgia Department of transportation was one of most place to work including the environment.
Needs Change
Atlanta, GA-System Administrator (Current Employee), 30308July 22, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick pays
Cons: not a lot of chance for advancement
They try to run it like the military which it is not, its a state agency. The people are great, they have too many managers and not enough people. They could fire half the managers and hire people and it would run tons better but they need better managers.
Liked my job.
Highway Maintenance Foreman 2 (Former Employee), Gordon CoutryJuly 21, 2014
Worked putting up, replace signs. Liked co-workers. Had good benefits.Liked that he was out side.

1 2 3