Georgia Farm Bureau Employee Reviews in United States

A Friendly work place enviroment
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 8, 2014
When I come into work each morning I take the mail out and make coffee. After that I check my emails and respond to all request. During the day I take calls, file paper work, help customers with their account, make new files and check on our change apps. Towards the end of the day we close out our shift, clean the coffee out and make sure all the lights our off before setting the alarm to leave. After I am off, I have to make one stop at the bank to make my night deposit.

I love all my agents because they all have different personalities and are fun to work with.

Management is excellent. Completely fair and always want to see you progress within the company.

Everything is pretty easy besides making sure our customers pay on time.

I enjoy everything about this place but I am still looking for another job that I could work around my current job to have an extra income.
Pros
holiday pay bonus, holiday pay, extra breaks and longer lunches, very flexible with our schedules in case we have an emergency, excellent health care benefits and promotions.
First real job
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 11, 2015
Started out as file clerk, moved on to be a Computer Operator. Rotated shifts every month, that was the hard part. Learning something new was the easy part.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
pay
I loved working for the home office
Claims Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 18, 2014
I would sort and deliver mail to the right files or adjustors for claims. I enjoyed working with 100's of people. I also sent out claims that needed to be mailed to each county office.
Pros
great healthcare and 401k
great place to work
POLICY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  macon georgiaMarch 21, 2013
really a great company to for work, I got great experience from working at georgia farm bureau, I really loved it there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
really no cons
Productive and Awesome workplace with excellent benefits
Policy Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 21, 2012
Loved working with Georgia Farm Bureau. My hard work and dedication to doing a awesome job for the company was recongnized and rewarded with promtions every 6 months. A typical day and work required me entering all typed of data into our application systems.Keep detailed records and documenting them to management. Management was excellent but unfair on somethings; one department was forced to abide by strick rules while other departments were able to get away with alot more. My overall experience at GFB was amazing i would go back to work for this company if offered a position to go back.
Pros
the pay and holidays
Cons
none to report
claims representative
Office Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon GAApril 30, 2012
Typical day would be to come in and take phone off forward and begin working claims. We were to set up claims, rentals, take statements iinvolving disputed claims. review bodily injury claims and settle with attorneys if possible, otherwise forward to the bodily injury unit.
I learned alot about insurance coverages and negotiating with attorneys and was able to apply that knowledge to personal life such as helping out a family member that didn't understand what coverages they had for their house or when my sister was involved an in accident and was injured. I was able to help her negotiate with at-fault insurance company without involving an attorney.
The hardest part of the job was trying to find a balance between working your claims and asnwering the phones as well as returning phone calls. It could be very overwhelming.
The enjoyable part of the job were the perks, such as holiday parties and free tickets to the national fair every year just to name a few.
Pros
the perks
Cons
overwhelming workload, very stressful
Stay Away if the position is in PHS!!
Processing (Former Employee) –  Macon GeorgiaOctober 13, 2014
When I first started working there it was great. As the time went on and people retired the new supervisors became inconsiderate and in my case RUDE. . If you can get a job in any other department besides PHS I would say do it. PHS is very stressful and makes up rules as they go,
Cons
management issues
Would not recommend
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 16, 2012
Ga farm bureau is not a great place to work for any more! The company has went through changes.Use to be a down to earth place to work you know like family . But the company has changed and some of the supervisors and some of the top people are so uncaring about there employees. Stressful environment to work in. Insurance was good but the stress was not that. It cause me to have to go to the doctors. Just not worth it!!! I had rather have a job with not insurance than deal with all the mess and stress from,some of supervisors and some of the top people at ga farm bureau !
Cons
to stressful
Mail Ops/ Claims Call Cntr / Policy Analyst
Mail Ops / Claims Call Cntr / Policy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 10, 2012
My position in Mail Operations was rewarding. I enjoyed delivering the mail through out the building and being able to move around. The training was adequate for the job.
My position as CRC Rep was also rewarding and I learned a great deal about insurance. The training was excellent and prepared me to be successful in the posistion.
My position as Policy Analyst was stressful and the training was not adequate for the expectations.
Pros
45 min lunch - hours were 8 - 4:30
Cons
n/a
Excellent company that values it's employees and customers.
Claims Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 24, 2013
At Georgia Farm Bureau I learned about insurance as an industry, including insurance terminology, as well as the policies at Georgia Farm Bureau. Everyone in the claims department was friendly and helpful. Management was very accessible and active on a daily basis.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 12, 2013
I enjoyed working with various customers and co-workers. Because of the internship specifications, I worked several different departments. I even had the chance to go into the field and inspect farms. This was a very interesting job and I learned the fine print on insurance policies. Very beneficial.
Pros
office space; travel
Would not recommend
Clerk (Former Employee) –  MaconFebruary 18, 2014
As someone else mentioned, there is no longer a feeling of family at the company. Basically no one cares about anyone anymore.
Pros
nice building
Cons
management
Stay away
Agent (Former Employee) –  countyJuly 27, 2014
Nothing good to say. Good ol boy system at its finest. Finally got out of there.
Pros
the clients are generally great.
Cons
everything

Georgia Farm Bureau Reviews by Location