Georgia Highlands College Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Greeting/ meeting new students is the most enjoyable part of the job and working along other orientation leader's is always about the importance of team work.
Pros
meet new people, easy and fun
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 13, 2017
I was a Student worker so I didn't receive the other benefits that they offer to the full-time regular employees. The environment is professional and relax, fast pace.
Great place to work.
Faculty/Part-time (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GA 30121October 1, 2017
The campus is small but also a warm and friendly environment to work at. I enjoyed working with students and very much appreciative of the support received from faculty ad staff.
Love it
French Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 19, 2017
I love teaching and would recommend GHC to anyone. It is a great place to be for any teacher or student. I love the way everyone help each other no matter what
Seems like a nice place to work for...
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 24, 2017
Warm Environment, friendly staff, caring professors, safe college to attend, be picky about your advisors, speak to several advisors about your career goals... some will give a different point of view which is very helpful. Some of the advisors are more knowledgeable about what is needed for the student's best interest for future success and goals.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Advancement Is Difficult
I took classes at this school
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 15, 2017
I started taking classes at this school after I came back home from Savannah State University. This school allowed me to take various classes and learn more about the business world.
Pros
small school
Cons
select classes to take
My Manager was supportive and fair.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day as a Customer Service Rep, was very busy assisting students, parents, staff and faculty. Phones were very busy, along with students and parents walk-in with documents and admission applications and forms. I learned a great deal working here, one being patience, and consideration of others feelings and concerns. I had a great manager who was concern about the staff as well as making sure we were efficient in our jobs. The culture can use improvement.
the hardest part of the job, was sitting all day. The most enjoyable part, was I got to make a difference in the lives of students as well as parents.
Pros
Made a difference in the lives of students and parents
Cons
Sitting all day
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 3, 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job was helping students grow in the nursing field. I enjoyed sharing learning experiences with them and encouraging them to expand their critical thinking skills.
My job
Assistant Women Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 16, 2017
Great!! My job consist of recruiting players for the upcoming season for the Women's Basketball Team. I was required to do 100% of the recruiting, do all of the skill development for each player, I was the strength and conditioning coach, I worked with developing the post players, I was over the housing for the players.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
A lot of time away from your family.
Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 19, 2017
Enjoying your co-workers is an important necessity when helping others. Here you truly feel loved and feel like you are making a difference in others lives.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
low pay
Great Place
Professor (Current Employee) –  Rome GeorgiaMarch 19, 2017
Great educational institution to work for because of the students are harding working, the faculty are engaged in their work, and administration is very conscious of the needs of everyone.
Loved being helpful to all the kids
Financial Services Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work, lacked strong management in the business office. Learned a lot about the process of enrolling and working your way through a two year college experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Goverment regulations limit common sense actions to help students
Very rewarding
Adjunct Professor/Accounting (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 25, 2017
It is very rewarding to teach in the classroom setting. It is wonderful to reach people and help them learn about accounting.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
N/a
English, Writing, and Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent educational institution where skills and abilities are appreciated and achievements are recognized by those in leadership positions. This institution of higher learning is an excellent organization with which to be involved.
Great school
ENGLISH TUTOR/STUDENT ORIENTATION LEADER (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 7, 2017
I loved working here while attending school. Great people! I sat in a tutoring center and waited on students to come in and need assistance.
Pros
Works around class load, great people
Cons
low pay
GHC great stepping stone.
Part-time Tutor, English (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 3, 2017
GHC has been a wonderful opportunity to not only be a student but reach out to students in need of English help. It has been a pleasure to work in an institution of great diversity. I too have learned to grow and mature with my educational growth.
Pros
Friendly Atomosphere
You will be replaced when they find someone cheaper.
a body (Former Employee) –  all of themSeptember 14, 2016
co-workers are great when you can find people that will let you into their circle. Overall great people do work there, but if you speak your mind or not in the many circles that are there you won't last long. Their pay scale is 10 years behind and if you ask for a raise they act like you are ungrateful that you have a job. They talk behind your back and when you talk to them they act like they are your best friend. They don't care about employee's but will talk about family. There is no room to move up unless you are buddy's are a family member of the department that you are trying to go to.
Pros
Great Teachers, some great coworkers, two week vacation at the end of each year.
Cons
Pay, advancement
It was nice to work for Georgia Highlands College.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 11, 2016
I used to tutor at GHC. I had to come up with different strategies to teach the students so they can easily able to remember the material. It's always good to spread the knowledge.
out of business
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 1, 2016
I love helping ppl to find movies. I wish there were places like Block Busters to watch older movies. one of my favorite jobs expect i never like to up sale and work on the weekends and holidays.
Home Town School
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great for first time college students. Low tuition for families. Very close for surrounding communities. GHC has a great athletics program for their school. The coaches are mentors also for each player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Highlands College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5