Georgia Highlands College

Georgia Highlands College Employer Reviews

Community College that helped model me into a leader
Foundation Camp Counselor (Former Employee), 5175 Cedartown HwyJune 21, 2014
If not in class I was working. i worked close to where I studied. I always enjoyed the up beat work environment. I dealt with customers who were just like me; students.
Good learning enviroment and encouraging administration/professors
STUDENT COORDINATOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee), Rome, GAMay 29, 2014
The education process and the administration help to make the experience fantastic. They were very helpful and encouraging to their students. My position with Student Support Services consisted in helping with Disability Students along with WIA/TRAA students with any learning needs and assistance they might require, such as test proctoring, reading, – more... scribing, or monitoring as needed. Also assisting in other general office/clerical duties needed. – less
Great School
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee), Rome, GAMay 18, 2014
This school well prepares you to enter into the job field. They teach you everything necessary to build a resume in hopes to help us all find a great job.
Nice people & facility to work with
Instructor of Biology (temporary) (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAMay 23, 2013
Pros: great colleagues, modern facility
Cons: remote location, low salary
This was a very nice place to work with my own (shared) office, a provided laptop, and modern facilities. The only downside was that this was a temporary position that was somewhat remote. Furthermore, mandatory department meetings necessitated a drive of another 30 minutes beyond that of reaching the regular work location.
Productive workplace
Test Proctor (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAFebruary 10, 2013
Co-workers are friendly.
The most enjoyable part about this job is that its none stressful, a great place to be employed.
Enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Director, Associate Professor of Nursing (Former Employee), Rome, GAOctober 30, 2012
Cons: travel between community campuses
Worked with some very nice faculty who supported each other and worked well together. Enjoyed the culture of the college and working with other disciplines. Management supported faculty. Peer group was very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of this job was traveling between campuses and communication.
Georgia Highlands is a great place to work.
Part time Instructor (Current Employee), Rome, Cartersville and Marietta campus in GeorgiaApril 16, 2012
Pros: work a few months then i get a few month off.
Cons: part time pay is not that great, for the hours you put in.
I love the part time teaching position, the work is rewarding and the people are great. I am in charge of the class structure.

The hard part is to motivate the students to come to class and do the work, then dealing with the failures.

Enjoyable part is to see the students learn a new skill that will help them in the rest of their college classes.
Productive Work Place
Tutor (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAMarch 15, 2012
GHC is a great employer for the basic necessities. The system of payment is frustrating at first, but the managers are pleasant. The work environment is extremely pleasant.