GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Rewarding
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 17, 2017
I enjoy working at GMC. It has good work life balance. I have good benifits and access to the gym. My boss is flexible and listens to my input. I enjoy working with my coworkers. The pay isn’t the best but, overall l like my job.
Pros
Gym access, ample time off
Cons
Low salary
Gmc
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 16, 2017
Great culture and nice people!
Work was not as challenging as I would've liked.
The management was involved and great at their jobs.
Time off was a plus.
Benefits were okay.
Cons
Commute and compensation
A place with a purpose!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 31, 2017
Great culture, people, and product! Given it is in the industry of higher education, the impact on young adults as they make every effort to improve themselves via the attainment of an associates degree is very worthwhile.
Student ready
Student work study (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GA 30083September 27, 2017
It was a great experience working with students and helping parents and their children enroll in college. As a student I had the opportunity to understand the code and culture of the college. While experiencing it with my coworkers and classmates.
Gmc
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 27, 2017
GMC is an excellent college who didn't have opportunities to be exposed to the academic and science learning opportunities.
It is academic and supporting community.
Georgia Military College
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GASeptember 21, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about the job. The job was awesome and the people I worked with were great. There was nothing to much hard about the job. Everything was great.
Cons
Great place to learn and work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 13, 2017
I was hired at GMC around the same time that i went to continue my education. Along with the staff, the environment at GMC is welcoming. Everyone is helpful and hands-on with students. It is a great place for graduating seniors to start their college path. If they are looking to make extra money while taking classes, GMC would be glad to hire you. Even after I graduated with my associates degree, they allowed me to continue working for them while i furthered my education at VSU. As long as you show good work ethics and have a great interest in helping the students, GMC will willing and happy to have you.
Pros
Oppurtunies for advancement
Cons
slow-paced environment
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAAugust 30, 2017
Setting up the syllabus for the new quarter and going over everything you wanted to cover and then getting College approval was fun.
Students picking up new ideas and the exchange of knowledge with in the class.
Pros
Teaching
Laid back
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 15, 2017
Great company and school. Job advancement opportunities are available but be on top of your qualifications because they do matter when its time to move up.
Great Institution
STUDENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 15, 2017
Wonderful institution. Very helpful staff. Great education and workplace environment. I am a former student and current employee. Everyone is very friendly.

Want to know more about GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE?

Ask a question
The best
Financial Aid Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 30, 2017
I had such a good experience working with Georgia Military College. The staff was great and really went out of their way to help make sure I was doing everything correctly
Customer Service/ Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 28, 2017
Had many benefits to working here and I enjoyed working with and alongside all of the staff. They have great appreciation to most of their employees. I recommend this company.
Ethically Challenged School
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 14, 2017
Some in leadership are ethically challenged. Shame on them! They are discriminated against a wonderful person because of her's and her child's medical. This is against the law and now the campus just is not the same. Will never let my family go there.
Cons
You will never be recognized for all your hard work if you have a Director that is a liar
Amazing folks, friendly environment.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 11, 2017
I've worked for Georgia Military College for three going on four years. It was my first job, and I wouldn't change it for anything. I've met some amazing folks, and have felt so appreciated. I love this place so much. It's opened so many great opportunities for me, especially with the degree I want to pursue. It's given me the chance to work with amazing staff. I'd recommend this place to anyone!
Its great to work
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 26, 2017
GMC is a great place to work with a lot of smart people that come to work to do a job i would tell someone to work there because its a great place to work with really good people
Information technology
Tier 1 Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 21, 2017
This is a great place to work and the benifits are awesome. You recieve comp hours. You normally work only 40 hours a week. Pay is good for the area.
rewarding, yet hard, work for little pay
Recruiter and Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAApril 5, 2017
The job it self is rewarding. Helping the students is whats is most important and it feels good to help them reach their goals. However, they squeeze a lot of work out of one person. everyone has to wear several hats and that is stressful. For me, the downfall was working for someone that was impossible to please even when yo give 100%.
Pros
long winter breaks
Cons
long days without extra pay
Great College Job
Math Tutor / IT (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Georgia Military was a great experience. GMC was very willing to work with class schedules and was a great learning experience. It was a very relaxed work environment.
Great Math Department
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a math tutor there and I miss working there. This did not feel stressful due to the fact that I did what I enjoyed most.
Productive and Fun
Adjunct Assistant Natural Science Professor (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 13, 2017
It was great to teach students introductory biology courses with lab while I was finishing my graduate degree at Georgia College & State University. Really good experience.