GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Very Interesting Experience
Secretary and Math Tutor (Former Employee), Madison, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, Easy Job to learn, Excellent Boss, Loved Coming to Work
Cons: Small Town, No Healthcare, low pay
Was a work study student. It was a very quiet day at work typically, not too much going on. I pretty much had a set schedule and never really too much or too little to do. I learned how to do general office tasks and tutored students in algebra when needed. I loved my work advisor there, she made my life and all of the students lives there awesome and enjoyable. Having her there made my life much easier and the co-workers too. Hours were flexible and overall the job was pretty interesting on days when I was needed.

Hardest part of the job, was knowing mostly everyone there throughout my life and not interacting with very many new people. I would easily come back and work for them, but hopefully a job with more work on hand and not so limited.
A Great place to work
Federal Work Study Employee (Current Employee), Martinez, GAMay 15, 2015
works around my schedule. The staff treats you like family and the students are wonderful.....I also take a few classes there and when I need time to study ..I can long and hard
amazing job
Financial Aid Receptionist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 27, 2015
love the environment and job is great...like a small family..helping students adjust to college as well as parents and very rewarding
productive and fun
Library assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 22, 2014
learn how to manage students and co-workers and had a great time getting to know students and co-workers
Productive workplace
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GADecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work included processing student transcripts, posting student payments, resolving billing discrepancies, verifying student account balances, processing refunds to students, and providing assistance regarding information on payments, accounts, and refunds for students. I had wonderful co-workers who were patient with me when I first began the job and helpful at all times.
Job position
Assistant Professor of Education (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 14, 2014
How is the best way to get a teaching position at GMC? I have a T-6 degree in Education, and I'm ready to teach education classes to adults. If anyone can give me any insights on how to obtain a job in education, let me know.
It was a good positive atmosphere
work study personel (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: the hours was only part time but it kept me busy the whole time i was there.
Cons: there was no benefits with this type of job.
Once i finish class i would make sure all the mail was ready to be picked up. During that time report cards was issued to the students and i was responsible to make sure all the grades was posted before delivery. I deliver any messages to other offices. I answered the telephone and directed the callers to the proper office. I file any and all papers that needed to be filed. I made copies of papers. – more... I made sure all the trash in the office were empty before i left on a daily based. I stapled any papers that needed to be stapled. Whenever an individual came into the office and he/she needed to find an office i would take them. I learned how to have good customer service. The management was good. The co-workers work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was when the copy machine did not work and we got behind on making copies if they had to be out by a certain time. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing an individual make the decision to join the team as being a student at Georgia Military College – less
very rewarding
Assist Director / Dean of Students (Current Employee), Fairburn, GASeptember 4, 2014
Excellent place to provide character development, and hands on leadership.
Enjoy my professors and classes
Pre- Nursing Student (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 28, 2014
Current Pre- Nursing student at GMC. I enjoy learning and have great repore with all of my professors. I strive to keep my GPA outstanding.
Low Employee Morale and Management is Oblivious
staff/fac (Current Employee), Martinez, GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: upper management
There is a culture of management not standing up for their employees. The workload is heavy and Staff is underpaid by about $3,000 per year depending on position. Upper management misleads employees when it comes to basic HR policies such as comp time. The leaders are fairly new to the organization and are not prepared to run a school. They are more concerned with cosmetics and don't like for employees to socialize with each other. The one plus is the long Christmas break (gets shorter every year). Spring break is a plus. There are few opportunities for advancement. Take it from someone who knows 90% of staff and faculty despises the management in this place!!!!
Easy and fun job
"Weight room attendant/ Manager" (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: work out anytime you wanted while working at the same time
A Typical work day constist of checking I.D's, maintaining a clean and safe work out space, greeting students and staff and enforcing rules and regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students and teachers accomplish a good workout.
Review of Dept Chair Position
Department Chair of Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: regular professional development, great benefits, enjoyable hours
On a typical day at work, I teach three classes during the morning and early afternoon, and then begin advising and mentoring in the late afternoon. I usually grade papers and such at night from home. I have learned a lot in this position by managing eight departments as well as by being an advisor for my students.

The hardest part of the job is probably getting students to have an open mind when discussing controversial topics. On the other hand, by far the best part of the job is seeing the light in students eyes once they do actually 'get' whatever it is we are talking about. Seeing students go from defiant to actually defending the position they were originally against is incredibly fulfilling.
Great work environment.
Work Study Student/Librarian Assistant (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 19, 2014
Pros: i was able to meet new people.
Cons: short breaks and was not paid enough.
It has a very laid back atmosphere. The employees were welcoming and I was able to work independently without constant supervision from my supervisor.
Student- friendly Workplace
Tutor (Former Employee), Madison, GAMay 10, 2014
Pros: valuable life experiences.
Cons: healthcare, benefits
As an employee of GMC, you get the chance to get to get to know and build valuable connections with mostly all the students and faculty. As a tutor, I help a wide variety of people with different ways of learning. The students and co-workers are always so kind, even when Math gets frustrating. The hardest part of the job is having a problem you cannot solve for a student. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sheer joy I get from knowing I help someone understand and solve a problem.
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 8, 2014
The only reason I left this job: I moved to Tacoma, Washington. This was the best job I ever had. I was a computer lab monitor and did some exit exams for server courses.
Invigorating Experience
Senior Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Madison, GAFebruary 1, 2014
I was adjunct so I was only part-time at a satellite campus. I was able to grow my skills in the field of productivity software. Management was very supportive and informative. I enjoyed my fellow adjunct professors both professionally and personally. The hardest part of the job was juggling a 50 hour fulltime position with a 6 hour parttime position both with extensive work outside of the classroom. I enjoyed the close knit campus and the accessibilty of knowing students on a first name basis.
Good Place to work
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GaOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long days
Good place to work. Good facilities, and staff. Building new athletic facility. State of the art athletic training room.
Unprofessional, Often Hostile Work Environment
Administrative (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers make for a great team.
Cons: workplace bullying & micro-management provides for a hostile work environment.
On the outside GMC's WR campus appears to be a great place to work. The students are wonderful to work with but the workplace bullying by management is appalling. Not only is the behavior unprofessional but it is demeaning. It is an extremely micromanaged setting with little freedom to make the most basic functional decisions.
Love it
Receptionist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: easy and fun
A typical day is answering phones, running errands, and greeting customers. Co-workers are nice and fun.
It was a good job
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAAugust 22, 2013
I enjoyed working on the landscape crew. Part of that was setting up for special events like blood drives in the gym or football games or graduation. It was just not landscaping.