GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work and go to school
Financial Aid Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 9, 2016
The workers at Georgia Military College are willing to help each other and the students when needed. It was a great environment to work in and I enjoyed the job and my coworkers.
Not a real Military college
Teacher, Adviser, Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 9, 2016
Georgia Military College is not a real military college. It is a community college that has a very small corps of cadet program. The students don't respect the military trainers and the senior leadership in the school do not back the cadre.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
work 6-7 days a week
Great start for anyone, but not a permanent place to work
Administration and Diversity Manager (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 17, 2016
It has its ups and downs.

A great place to work if you have a family as you can send your kid(s) to the prep school.

Only a start to a career. Build your career here and move on.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Little to no room for growth, favoritism, deceiving management
Great workplace!
Tutor/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 21, 2016
This job is perfect for somebody earning a masters degree or is simply trying to get from one stage of their life to the next. Because it is part time, the finances would not be enough to support a family, but is plenty for small apartment life or to save up for a higher education. The flexible hours from 8 am to 9 pm make it easy for any schedule to earn hours. The boss is super fun and easy to get along with. The best part of the job is the down time. Many days, especially if you are a math tutor, you could be working the entirety of your shift, but the rest of the time, it is easy to do your homework sitting behind the desk. The hardest part will be leaving.
Pros
Free drinks in the cafeteria
Cons
No full time
Great starter job
STUDENT AMBASSADOR & PREALGEBRA & ALGEBRA TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be tutoring students and student ambassador duties such as visiting classes and giving talks to new students.
Pros
Works well with full-time studies
Cons
19 hours a week feels like 40
Very educative and character building
Science Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GANovember 17, 2015
My experience as a lab assistant was very educating, character building, and highly recommendable. With the job being an on-campus job, I was able to build relationships with many of the science professors. The latter was important because of my then Nursing major. The laboratory's manager was very patient in teaching the lab assistants on their daily tasks and the rules and regulations of the lab. She was very professional at all times. I highly recommend this job to anyone searching for a related job.
Pros
Could work on school work during down time
Cons
Less hours than desired
Productive and fun
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 4, 2015
Good people to work for.enjoyed meeting the students. The work was easy but required a lot with such low pay.No benefits and little pay
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
short breaks
It's Overrated
Supervisor of Milledgeville Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  millledgeville, gaOctober 9, 2015
I liked my colleagues, but the new regime of leadership only interest in their ideas. they were stuck on the idea that people before them did nothing useful and that they were going to only do things their way.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Leadership, Management
Technical- Administration (Current Employee) –  augusta, gaOctober 1, 2015
Georgia military college is a great place to work.There are many people there to help you do your job as well as guide you.
Student
Full-Time Student and Recovery of Mil. Disability (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 21, 2015
I love going to this school. This was a challenging time, but the staff and teachers are willing to work with you to get your goals accomplished on time.

Want to know more about GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE?

Ask a question
Watch your back and trust no one.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJuly 13, 2015
After being hired on full time staff from a Federal Work Study position, I was thrilled. The administration was great and friendly and family centered.
However, the last three years or so, made me realize how much I missed the "old ways." Administration is sneaky and under-handed, they lie and mis-lead and keep secrets. They also do not want employees to socialize with one another; everyone is to sit in their office from 8 - 5 without speaking to anyone but the students, who we are supposed to refer to as "friends." Which itself is hilarious because that is what the administration also calls the infestations of roaches and mice.
There is a glass ceiling. As long as you are a suck up and are as two-faced as the administration, you will be just fine. The second you give an honest opinion which is contrary to what the administration wants to be perceived as - they will beat you down until you fall into place, or until they find some policy they want to apply to only the individual they want to get rid of.
Policies and procedures are bent, modified, etc. as tools of terror to keep everyone in line.
Those with education and experience in higher education are kept quiet, and they bring in people with no experience - who have no backbone and only desire to make the administration happy.
The faculty are amazing, educated, friendly people who are beat into submission - who are told by non-educators how to teach. These great people became professors because it was in their hearts to teach - but GMC has turned even the most optimistic ones into unhappy shells of who they used to
  more... be.
While being grossly underpaid for 7.5 years, I still completed by job efficiently and with the highest quality. Yet, alas, I became the black sheep for trying to get fair work conditions and equitable division of labor and was terminated 3 days after requesting a meeting to discuss (for the 7th time) these and other issues.
If you choose to work for the campus in Augusta, be sure to keep your head down, your mouth shut, and be ready to be in constant fear for being the subject of the next witch hunt by the secretive and two-faced administration.
Pros
Long break at Christmas, amazing faculty, a few great staff members left
Cons
Compensation/pay, poor administration, lack of trust, unequal labor division, a tendency for administration to favor the incapable suck ups
Very Interesting Experience
Secretary and Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAMay 22, 2015
Was a work study student. It was a very quiet day at work typically, not too much going on. I pretty much had a set schedule and never really too much or too little to do. I learned how to do general office tasks and tutored students in algebra when needed. I loved my work advisor there, she made my life and all of the students lives there awesome and enjoyable. Having her there made my life much easier and the co-workers too. Hours were flexible and overall the job was pretty interesting on days when I was needed.

Hardest part of the job, was knowing mostly everyone there throughout my life and not interacting with very many new people. I would easily come back and work for them, but hopefully a job with more work on hand and not so limited.
Pros
Flexible hours, Easy Job to learn, Excellent Boss, Loved Coming to Work
Cons
Small Town, No Healthcare, low pay
A Great place to work
Federal Work Study Employee (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAMay 15, 2015
works around my schedule. The staff treats you like family and the students are wonderful.....I also take a few classes there and when I need time to study ..I can long and hard
amazing job
Financial Aid Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 27, 2015
love the environment and job is great...like a small family..helping students adjust to college as well as parents and very rewarding
productive and fun
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 22, 2014
learn how to manage students and co-workers and had a great time getting to know students and co-workers
Productive workplace
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work included processing student transcripts, posting student payments, resolving billing discrepancies, verifying student account balances, processing refunds to students, and providing assistance regarding information on payments, accounts, and refunds for students. I had wonderful co-workers who were patient with me when I first began the job and helpful at all times.
Job position
Assistant Professor of Education (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 14, 2014
How is the best way to get a teaching position at GMC? I have a T-6 degree in Education, and I'm ready to teach education classes to adults. If anyone can give me any insights on how to obtain a job in education, let me know.
It was a good positive atmosphere
work study personel (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Once i finish class i would make sure all the mail was ready to be picked up. During that time report cards was issued to the students and i was responsible to make sure all the grades was posted before delivery. I deliver any messages to other offices. I answered the telephone and directed the callers to the proper office. I file any and all papers that needed to be filed. I made copies of papers. I made sure all the trash in the office were empty before i left on a daily based. I stapled any papers that needed to be stapled. Whenever an individual came into the office and he/she needed to find an office i would take them. I learned how to have good customer service. The management was good. The co-workers work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was when the copy machine did not work and we got behind on making copies if they had to be out by a certain time. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing an individual make the decision to join the team as being a student at Georgia Military College
Pros
the hours was only part time but it kept me busy the whole time i was there.
Cons
there was no benefits with this type of job.
very rewarding
Assist Director / Dean of Students (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 4, 2014
Excellent place to provide character development, and hands on leadership.
Enjoy my professors and classes
Pre- Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 28, 2014
Current Pre- Nursing student at GMC. I enjoy learning and have great repore with all of my professors. I strive to keep my GPA outstanding.