GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Fun to work
Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 14, 2016
Great program, great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and open to different culture. Working here has been a great experience. The soccer program has a great future and with the help of the student this college will always attain its goal. I will recommend this school to anyone because they deal with a quater system which makes it easier for students to get enough credit hours before transferring. Great school
Pros
Great place
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment, just no progress.
Tutor/teacher's assistant (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 3, 2017
The pay is great for the work, its just that we can only work part time and don't receive any benefits. There is a lot of down time, so this is a great job if you are in school and doing homework.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No full time benefits
Fun place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work: collaborating with students, staff and other fcaulty. I have learnt how to work as part of a team. Workplace culture is excellent
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Great start for anyone, but not a permanent place to work
Administration and Diversity Manager (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 17, 2016
It has its ups and downs.

A great place to work if you have a family as you can send your kid(s) to the prep school.

Only a start to a career. Build your career here and move on.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Little to no room for growth, favoritism, deceiving management
Taught English 101
Adjunct Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 25, 2016
It's your typical community college that has need of temporary or part-time adjuncts from time to time. I enjoy my time there, especially since I had just come off of a three year hiatus of not working. I gave up my tenure at CSU to be home when my tween to teen daughter got home from school. I do not like the concept of latch-key kids in this day and age, or any age for that matter. I am trying to find something part-time but more permanent and closer to Auburn.
Pros
I love teaching.
Cons
The drive - an hour each way daily.
Friendly atmoshpere
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GANovember 11, 2016
As a full time student, I had the pleasure of meeting a variety of different people. These people I became friends with and could rely on them for help when needed. The hardest part of being a student was having to balance work with school life. The most enjoyable part of being a student was knowing I was working towards a goal.
Low Employee Morale and Management is Oblivious
staff/fac (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAJuly 26, 2014
There is a culture of management not standing up for their employees. The workload is heavy and Staff is underpaid by about $3,000 per year depending on position. Upper management misleads employees when it comes to basic HR policies such as comp time. The leaders are fairly new to the organization and are not prepared to run a school. They are more concerned with cosmetics and don't like for employees to socialize with each other. The one plus is the long Christmas break (gets shorter every year). Spring break is a plus. There are few opportunities for advancement. Take it from someone who knows 90% of staff and faculty despises the management in this place!!!!
Pros
vacation time
Cons
upper management
Great workplace!
Tutor/Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 21, 2016
This job is perfect for somebody earning a masters degree or is simply trying to get from one stage of their life to the next. Because it is part time, the finances would not be enough to support a family, but is plenty for small apartment life or to save up for a higher education. The flexible hours from 8 am to 9 pm make it easy for any schedule to earn hours. The boss is super fun and easy to get along with. The best part of the job is the down time. Many days, especially if you are a math tutor, you could be working the entirety of your shift, but the rest of the time, it is easy to do your homework sitting behind the desk. The hardest part will be leaving.
Pros
Free drinks in the cafeteria
Cons
No full time
Fun workplace with college students.
Book Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 6, 2016
Every day I get a chance to help young students understand why their studying to get a higher education.

My co-workers are great and smart, I leaner a lot on the academic side of the house.
It was a good positive atmosphere
work study personel (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Once i finish class i would make sure all the mail was ready to be picked up. During that time report cards was issued to the students and i was responsible to make sure all the grades was posted before delivery. I deliver any messages to other offices. I answered the telephone and directed the callers to the proper office. I file any and all papers that needed to be filed. I made copies of papers. I made sure all the trash in the office were empty before i left on a daily based. I stapled any papers that needed to be stapled. Whenever an individual came into the office and he/she needed to find an office i would take them. I learned how to have good customer service. The management was good. The co-workers work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was when the copy machine did not work and we got behind on making copies if they had to be out by a certain time. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing an individual make the decision to join the team as being a student at Georgia Military College
Pros
The hours was only part time but it kept me busy the whole time i was there.
Cons
There was no benefits with this type of job.

Want to know more about GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE?

Ask a question
Great Place to work and go to school
Financial Aid Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 9, 2016
The workers at Georgia Military College are willing to help each other and the students when needed. It was a great environment to work in and I enjoyed the job and my coworkers.
Not a real Military college
Teacher, Adviser, Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 9, 2016
Georgia Military College is not a real military college. It is a community college that has a very small corps of cadet program. The students don't respect the military trainers and the senior leadership in the school do not back the cadre.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
work 6-7 days a week
Review of Dept Chair Position
Department Chair of Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJune 18, 2014
On a typical day at work, I teach three classes during the morning and early afternoon, and then begin advising and mentoring in the late afternoon. I usually grade papers and such at night from home. I have learned a lot in this position by managing eight departments as well as by being an advisor for my students.

The hardest part of the job is probably getting students to have an open mind when discussing controversial topics. On the other hand, by far the best part of the job is seeing the light in students eyes once they do actually 'get' whatever it is we are talking about. Seeing students go from defiant to actually defending the position they were originally against is incredibly fulfilling.
Pros
Regular professional development, great benefits, enjoyable hours
Very educative and character building
Science Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GANovember 17, 2015
My experience as a lab assistant was very educating, character building, and highly recommendable. With the job being an on-campus job, I was able to build relationships with many of the science professors. The latter was important because of my then Nursing major. The laboratory's manager was very patient in teaching the lab assistants on their daily tasks and the rules and regulations of the lab. She was very professional at all times. I highly recommend this job to anyone searching for a related job.
Pros
Could work on school work during down time
Cons
Less hours than desired
Collegues very pleasant
ACADEMIC LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 14, 2013
The position was extremely pleasant and informative in the technical arena but beyond the position management imported too much politics from other departments into the workspace.
It's Overrated
Supervisor of Milledgeville Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  millledgeville, gaOctober 9, 2015
I liked my colleagues, but the new regime of leadership only interest in their ideas. they were stuck on the idea that people before them did nothing useful and that they were going to only do things their way.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Leadership, Management
Productive and fun
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 4, 2015
Good people to work for.enjoyed meeting the students. The work was easy but required a lot with such low pay.No benefits and little pay
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
short breaks
Student- friendly Workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAMay 10, 2014
As an employee of GMC, you get the chance to get to get to know and build valuable connections with mostly all the students and faculty. As a tutor, I help a wide variety of people with different ways of learning. The students and co-workers are always so kind, even when Math gets frustrating. The hardest part of the job is having a problem you cannot solve for a student. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sheer joy I get from knowing I help someone understand and solve a problem.
Pros
Valuable life experiences.
Cons
Healthcare, benefits
Great starter job
STUDENT AMBASSADOR & PREALGEBRA & ALGEBRA TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be tutoring students and student ambassador duties such as visiting classes and giving talks to new students.
Pros
Works well with full-time studies
Cons
19 hours a week feels like 40
Invigorating Experience
Senior Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAFebruary 1, 2014
I was adjunct so I was only part-time at a satellite campus. I was able to grow my skills in the field of productivity software. Management was very supportive and informative. I enjoyed my fellow adjunct professors both professionally and personally. The hardest part of the job was juggling a 50 hour fulltime position with a 6 hour parttime position both with extensive work outside of the classroom. I enjoyed the close knit campus and the accessibilty of knowing students on a first name basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEORGIA MILITARY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2