GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE

GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE United States Employee Reviews

Relaxed work environment with great management
Tutor II (Current Employee), Covington, GAApril 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to interact with the students one on one, while having other tutors available to help if needed. Management is fair and very understanding if scheduling conflicts occur with normal life. The hardest part of the job is recalling very specific academic information quickly.
Great work environment
Men's Basketball Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: not enough hours
Peaceful, full of laughter, and dedicated individuals who are focused on one goal which is winning a championship. Great coaching staff and athletes. I loved working there.
great place to work fun and flexilble
Transportation/Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
typical day would be attending work on time opening the office, reviewing voice messages and email and relaying them to management. co-workers were always great the job isn't difficult at all and the most enjoyable part will have to be the environment and the people.
Great work environment
ACRS Online Student Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Typical day includes seating guests, taking food and beverage orders, packaging to-go orders, and tending items via cash register.
Friendly work environment with a diverse population of customers.
Peaceful and a learning workplace environment
Public Safety Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: i have learned a lot from working here
Cons: n/a
It is a great place to work, a public place to work. I have learned more about security and expanded my field of experience.
great working family here too everyone gets along making the job easier
Floor Technician/C2 (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: easy work loooooong breaks laid back environment understanding management no bullies!
Cons: dealing with event setups are brutal and its slightly sexist
Only reason i left here was the financial scandal brought on by the former president and his staff stealing a couple million from the school causing layoffs
It's a good place.
Digital Media Assistant (Current Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 10, 2014
You get to learn a lot of cool programs that adds to your skill base. You get to be around creative minds that just fuels your own creativity.
reliable
Library Assistant/Interlibrary Loan (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 9, 2014
good starting job, place to learn and grow, you can work parttime or fulltime
Students was thankful for the assistance
Data Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 3, 2014
Worked with Students to complete their Financial Aid Form. Uploaded students Financial Aid information to the Department of Education for Financial consideration.
Fun Work Place
Employee Reimbursements (Former Employee), GAAugust 23, 2014
I love working in accounting. I love paper work and computers
Award-winning teacher motivated to help students achiece their academic and professional goals.
Adjunct Public Speaking Instructor (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse student body and respectable pay.
Cons: long commute and many shifts and changes in mangement personnel.
I learned so much while teaching at Georgia Perimeter College, which is in Dunwoody, Georgia, just north of Atlanta. This includes the following:

1) It is challenging teaching a broad range of students from all over the world. Georgia Perimeter showcases students from far away places such as Africa, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the like. Students from America are from states such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, Ohio, California, and Florida.

2) The importance of including several strategies and techniques to enhance student learning. Students learn visually, audibly, and by doing. Thus I share information by including computer technology, including PowerPoint applications and video clips. What's more, I make it a point to have small group discussions, ask Socratic questions, and riveting examples.

3) Listening closely to students' comments. They typically vocalize what they like and don't like. This is not to suggest I am a people pleaser and waver from my ultimate goals. To the contrary, I look for trends and change when necessary for maximum results in the classroom.
work study but fun
Office Manager (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAMay 15, 2014
This job was also Federal Work Study. Some people think that Fedral work study aren't real "jobs" but when they see or experience how much we do on any given day they are shocked. Actually some work study students move in to full in to full time postions in there departments. When i worked at this school i worked at the student Newspaper and was a assitant to the person over the program and then I became the office manager which gave me more responsiablies as far as maintaining the office and having a key to open up i enjoyed seeing the hard work that it took to have a full paper to come out .When i left and came back to visit my boss was replaced its just not the same there..Hardest part of the job was delivering the paper and also taking them off the docks when they arrived
Modern instruction with harmony
Adjunct Human Anatomy and Physiology Instructor (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GeorgiaMay 12, 2014
Pros: all
A typical day as a Human Anatomy and Physiology instructor involved the energy at a beautiful modern campus in Atlanta, preparing content to be presented in lecture or lab, and presenting this material in an interactive way with students, all of which combine to form an awesome educational experience.

It comes to life with the administration, faculty, and staff.
Student Services
Front desk Associate / Work Study (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 23, 2014
Assisting students with log in and tutoring information was done daily. I learned that anything can be done with time! Management was excellent, very knowledgable and patient. My co- workers were also my classmates, so we hleped eachother out and learned from one another tremendously. the wost part of the job was the work space. I emjoyed working with my peers and daily learning experiences most.
Great Community College
Student (Former Employee), GAApril 19, 2014
Great college to start, excellent instructor, nice environment, and affordable tuition
Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAApril 6, 2014
Pros: great supervisors, great co-workers!
Cons: the pay leaves something something to be desired.
I love GPC not only as a student but also as an employee. If you work in the right department you will love your job.
As I live and breath
Office Manager (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very creative and exciting enviroment to work in
Cons: no benefits
Eventhough working here was only for workstudy I got the opprotunity to have the responiablity of being an office manager for the schools newpaper I had so much fun
Great college
Student (Former Employee), GAFebruary 1, 2014
I had a great experience in perimeter college. Great instructors, and nice atmosphere .
Productive yet subtle
Laboratoy Technician I (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: enjoy free physical activities provided by the institution.
Cons: no healthcare and barely recieve maximum hours.
To work on a college campus while being a student at the same institution was everything I wanted! I was able to take classes, and shortly after walk into the office and start helping students. On a day-to-day basis I help students troubleshoot their technology concerns, rather if they forgot their username and password to downloading and installing a software for him/her. I adore my co-workers and enjoy their company when I'm on shift, it makes sitting at the desk a little less straining. I enjoy talking to the students and helping them in any way that I can, and this taught me the meaning of excellent customer service; to provide the customer (student) what they're looking for plus more and to gain a positive satisfaction from the service!
Excellent
Student Services & Student Life (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 5, 2014
I loved working at Georgia Perimeter College. It was very beneficial to me to be able to work where I also attended college. all the faculty and staff were awesome people who really cared about the students.

1 2 3 4