GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Excellent community college environment
Nursing faculty (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Many wonderful campus and community activities
Cons: Atlanta traffic-commute
Georgia Perimeter College was a wonderful place for me to begin teaching nursing. I enjoyed providing clinical instruction in the Atlanta area hospitals and I also presented lectures in the classroom. It was a pleasure to teach such a diverse group of learners as they entered into the wonderful, dynamic profession of nursing.
Good Team
Intern (Former Employee), Covington, GAJuly 24, 2015
Excellent team work, good place to grow as a professional, challenging, hard-work, good group of students to work with, adequate resources available
Very rewarding work
Part Time Clinical Faculty Member (Current Employee), Clarkston, GAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work
Cons: Long hours
A typical day included assigning patient loads to the students and assisting them to provide nursing care for the patients. As an instructor I observed and provided guidance for all aspect of patient care for first and second semester students. Evaluated care plans and directly related theory to practice.
WORKING STABILITY
Online Testing Coordinator (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: FLEX SCHEDULE
Cons: ACCOUNTABILITY
SMOOTH WORK DAY
MANAGEMENT WAS EASY TO WORK WITH
TOO TOP HEAVY IN UPPER MANAGEMENT
COLLEAGUES EASY TO WORK WITH
HARDEST PART DEVELOPING SCHEDULE FOR 2500 STUDENTS
Great Place to Work
CONTRACT MANAGER/BUYER III (Current Employee), Clarkston, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free Education as full time employee
Cons: low pay
• Working in purchasing no day is the same. However, I intend to review/audit contracts daily. Create PO and post any solicitations for bid.

• I've learned different aspects to purchasing.

• The management staff in my department is very family oriented and fair.

• I like my co-workers; they are a great group to work with.

• The hardest part of the job is trying to get some end-users to understand the purchasing law and the reasons we cannot just make a purchase.

• The most enjoyable part of the job is the group of people I work with. We laugh and have fun while working.
Jennica's review
Customer Service/ Clerk Assistance (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I use to help international students to renew their I20s, I filled document for the International Students Admission and Advising center. I enjoy everything about this job,
productive and fun environment to work.
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMay 11, 2015
productive and fun environment to work. My co-workers were very friendly and caring. The most challenging part of the job was during finals week when students are writing papers and turning rented books in but in all my coworker were great.
The Front end Customer Service Retail Rep. Interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests
Records Coordinator I (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 6, 2015
Was a good place to work for a temp retail job. Unfortunately the stores in my area have all gone out of business and is no longer in service. This was a good experience over-all.
Team lead
Team Lead (Current Employee), GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: No benefits, only part time position and the pay
A good learning experience would better appreciate if there were more incentives to the job.Job consists of merchandising,shipping and receiving, markdowns,stocking pricing, a variety of things.
Productive, flexible place to work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Tucker, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Short breaks and no benefits
A typical day at work for me is providing assistance to students on the back end. Helping by making sure they are working and there information for financial aid is up-to-date. I learned a lot about the financial aid process. I have great co-workers who will help you of you need it. The hardest part of my job is nothing. I really enjoy the feeling I get when I am able to help a student succeed.
Productive Work Environment at Georgia Perimeter
Trio Student Support Services Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: It was convenient since I attended school at GPC
Cons: It was work-study job so it was temporary and the salary wasn't pleasing
Working at Georgia Perimeter College was a great experience. It was a work-study job, but I learned how to network and gained experience in different office settings. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the students to various cultural events and visiting different colleges to see what best fits students needs and desires. My co-workers were warm and helpful
Relaxed work environment with great management
Tutor II (Current Employee), Covington, GAApril 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to interact with the students one on one, while having other tutors available to help if needed. Management is fair and very understanding if scheduling conflicts occur with normal life. The hardest part of the job is recalling very specific academic information quickly.
Great work environment
Men's Basketball Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: not enough hours
Peaceful, full of laughter, and dedicated individuals who are focused on one goal which is winning a championship. Great coaching staff and athletes. I loved working there.
great place to work fun and flexilble
Transportation/Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
typical day would be attending work on time opening the office, reviewing voice messages and email and relaying them to management. co-workers were always great the job isn't difficult at all and the most enjoyable part will have to be the environment and the people.
Great work environment
ACRS Online Student Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Typical day includes seating guests, taking food and beverage orders, packaging to-go orders, and tending items via cash register.
Friendly work environment with a diverse population of customers.
Peaceful and a learning workplace environment
Public Safety Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: i have learned a lot from working here
Cons: n/a
It is a great place to work, a public place to work. I have learned more about security and expanded my field of experience.
great working family here too everyone gets along making the job easier
Floor Technician/C2 (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: easy work loooooong breaks laid back environment understanding management no bullies!
Cons: dealing with event setups are brutal and its slightly sexist
Only reason i left here was the financial scandal brought on by the former president and his staff stealing a couple million from the school causing layoffs
It's a good place.
Digital Media Assistant (Current Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 10, 2014
You get to learn a lot of cool programs that adds to your skill base. You get to be around creative minds that just fuels your own creativity.
reliable
Library Assistant/Interlibrary Loan (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 9, 2014
good starting job, place to learn and grow, you can work parttime or fulltime
Students was thankful for the assistance
Data Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAOctober 3, 2014
Worked with Students to complete their Financial Aid Form. Uploaded students Financial Aid information to the Department of Education for Financial consideration.