Georgia Perimeter College Employee Reviews

Great place
Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Great workplace fun and productive, great team spirit. flexible managers, flexible hours. great Chief Medical Officer and Investigational product was exciting.
Productive and professional learning community
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 21, 2017
Georgia Perimeter College was a great place to work. They allowed independence but responsibility and accountability was encouraged.
Appreciated the opportunity to be a part of this educational institution for the length of time there.
job was easy and people were nice to work with
Math and engineering tutor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 19, 2017
being a tutor at a college is very demanding, however if you know what you are doing you should be fine. people there are really nice and since it is a small school we all knew each other
Pros
flexible hours, ok paid
Cons
no benefit
Tutoring at Newton Georgia Perimeter College (Georgia State)
Mathematics and Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
When I was working there a few years ago, the work environment was relaxed and fun. This type of job teaches you a lot about yourself and help builds human interaction skills.
Great students to instruct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I typically taught two classes per semester, the same course, in the evenings after teaching high school all day. The adult students were typically those returning to school after some time and most came with some degree of Math anxiety. It was extremely rewarding to be able to help them relieve that anxiety and be successful in the course they were attending.

Since I taught evenings, it was difficult to get much support of any kind from the department administration. Next to no help was afforded to me the last semester when a new textbook was implemented with a strong online portion. The publisher itself had not even tested that component. That confirmed my decision to resign.
Pros
Impact adults returning to Math classes
Cons
Insufficient pay & little support from the department administration
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GANovember 14, 2016
Great place to work due to diversity. Students are given the opportunity to grow both educationally and athletically. Their athletics program is the best for student athletes who want to grown in soccer.
Pros
Great scholarship program
Cons
Short break
Good Alcohol, Food, and Service
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 6, 2016
Georgia Perimeter College gave me the opportunity to work in their IT department and for that I am grateful. I learned how to navigate their system, and how to provide adequate customer service.
same as above
Full Time Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2016
the campus was a two year program offering the pre-clinical courses for nursing school. The students were highly motivated and success driven which contributed to a satisfying experience
Great Place to work
Part-time Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 14, 2016
Same Institution - Georgia Perimeter College, DeKalb College, and DeKalb Community College. Currently working part-time after retiring from Georgia Perimeter College in 2013.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
No Cons
A typical day at work was processing official transcripts. Had a good working relationship with co-workers. Go along very well with my manager.
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 12, 2016
In my opinion, Georgia Perimeter College was a good place to work. I loved what did and that was processing official transcripts for current and former students. The hardest part of the job was if an older student needed a transcript, i.e. from the 60's I knew it would be a possibility I would have difficulty finding it, because the transcript was not in the current system, so I would have to retrieve it from the file room and scan it on transcript paper. I had to keep a note book with the date, where it was sent and to whom. The file room was where the older records were kept from 1964 until 1979 or 1980. The most enjoyable part of the day was when I got to speak with a student or got to speak with a Registrar from another institution.

I retired from Georgia Perimeter College officially May 1, 2015.

Want to know more about Georgia Perimeter College?

Ask a question
Very Cool job
Wellness Chair (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 30, 2016
Its a lot to handle that outputs a lot of good, but doesn't have much to give back. Working as a chair MUST have a desire to make the school better for yourself and the students around you.
Pros
Parking Benefits, Semester Stipend, great enviorment
Cons
Balancing Duties and School Work, Keeping on top of Catering Buisnesses
good
Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 29, 2016
co-workers are great people
• Updates and maintains student withdrawal records, verifications of enrollment, reinstatements, and manual registration forms ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Responsible for ensuring that course reinstatement is done in a timely matter and recording all appropriate information in Banner system regarding the students issue on the file.
• Assists Advising/Counseling department with registration (i.e. overrides, academic exclusions registration related issues.
• Responsible for informing students of high school unit deficiencies/making changes to student record holds, schedule adjustment and schedule changes.
• Provides policy and procedural information to staff, faculty and students.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJune 15, 2016
Many locations, competent staff, courteous administration, works well with new, part time and mature students various courses.
Down the drain
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2016
It consolidated with Georgia State University and the undergaduate admissions dept. went down the drain. But, I did enjoy my co-workers.
Best job i ever had
Mathematics and Statistic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
Very fun place to work at. The office staffs are super cool and very helpful. They care a lot about the students. My coworkers were the best.
Good for gaining experience
Instructor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 2, 2016
I have enjoyed teaching here. I was exposed to many different types of students, which helped me to expand my teaching methods. This school does a TON of research on scholarly teaching, which is very admirable. My co-workers are all friendly and upbeat.

The hardest part of the job is the workload (coupled with the pay). The amount of students in each class that are not at the expected level is overwhelming at times. Additionally, I often feel like I am teaching high school rather than college. It is rewarding to help my kids succeed, however I experienced a bit of shock in how the school handles it students verses how other colleges handle them. I find that they are not forced to take on as much responsibility or encounter the same rigor in materials as some students at other colleges.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help the students succeed and understand. I love being able to be their mentor and give them advice to help them in college and in life. The students are some of the most energetic and joyful people that I've met! Many of them are eager to learn and have a sincere desire to be better. I enjoy having fridays off and the relaxed atmosphere of the job in general. It can be a lot of work, but the work isn't difficult.
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly/Helpful Coworkers, Relaxed Atmosphere, Fridays off
Cons
Overwhelming workload (which can be stressful in more ways than one), Low Pay
Management needs growth and development
Student Relations Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 21, 2015
The job was stressful, but not totally unbearable. The management is probably the worst I have ever experienced in my life.
Pros
Long breaks for holidays
Cons
Manager, black out dates
Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 18, 2015
Great place to work and grow professionally. Management is supportive and willing to provide resources to assist you in the day to management of facilitating your class. There are not hard components to the job.
Fun Fun Fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 15, 2015
Working as a lab technician is probably the most relaxing and funnest job I have ever had. I am able to do my school work and also work at the same time which is a total plus especially since I am a full time student. The job is not hard at all. The management is even awesome!
New experience
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 24, 2015
Working in the office environment was rich with new experiences. The management was nice and my colleagues were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Perimeter College. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia Perimeter College Reviews by Location