GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 18, 2015
Great place to work and grow professionally. Management is supportive and willing to provide resources to assist you in the day to management of facilitating your class. There are not hard components to the job.
Fun Fun Fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 15, 2015
Working as a lab technician is probably the most relaxing and funnest job I have ever had. I am able to do my school work and also work at the same time which is a total plus especially since I am a full time student. The job is not hard at all. The management is even awesome!
New experience
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 24, 2015
Working in the office environment was rich with new experiences. The management was nice and my colleagues were great.
making a difference
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing student with the knowledge on educational funding. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and students
Pros
lack of advancement, low salary
Cons
Decent benefits
Currently attending student
Student (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAOctober 21, 2015
This college has always had a very knowledgeable staff that has fixed problems in a timely manner. They are thorough when it comes to explaining procedures and following thorough to tackle a problem or direct students to the correct department for further assistance.
A good place to work your way up or get in on the ground floor.
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with fast paced and friendly people with a focus on the students. Training and advancement are available.
Great Job
Electrician II (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAOctober 14, 2015
Georgia Perimeter College is a great place to work. I have enjoyed the experience. The drive from my house is far. I am looking for something closer to my house.
Great Learning Experience/ Excellent Staff
Personal Counselor/Intern (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 13, 2015
At Georgia Perimeter College I was afforded the opportunity to work with students of different backgrounds and cultures as a personal counselor. The personal counseling team is very professional, supportive, and come from different theoretical backgrounds so there is a lot of diversity and great opportunities to learn! They really give you the tools to succeed as a personal counselor. The hardest part of the job is trusting that you can take what you've learned and apply it within a personal counseling session, but the new counselor fear goes away with time.
A great Place to work!
Clerk lll (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 28, 2015
I loved working at GPC. The staff was great! I had the opportunity to acquire many skills here. My supervisor was the most understanding and professional person I have had the pleasure to meet.
Employee (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2015
Great learning experience and CEO is a humble person to work with that is very encouraging to his staff. Co-workers were a joy to work with on a daily basis.

Want to know more about GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE?

Ask a question
Productive and student focused
Veterans Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 14, 2015
Nice working environment and always opportunities for growth within the college. Everyone works as a teams with very little complaints.
Pros
Employee improvement
Good
Adjunct Instructor Biology (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 2, 2015
Good. Nice place to work. Great place to work. People are great . Students are cultured and wonderful ! The faculty and staff are wonderful.
Pros
Yes, on your own.
Cons
On your own when on part time as in most other places anyway. Nothing unusual.
The work place was awesome.
Social Work Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 29, 2015
I was so happy to get a adjunct position at GPC; teaching Social Work. I enjoyed the course and the students. due the low enrollment I wasnt able to remain teaching.
Pros
All of my students successfully passed the course.
Cons
I was only able to teach for one semester.
Excellent community college environment
Nursing faculty (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Georgia Perimeter College was a wonderful place for me to begin teaching nursing. I enjoyed providing clinical instruction in the Atlanta area hospitals and I also presented lectures in the classroom. It was a pleasure to teach such a diverse group of learners as they entered into the wonderful, dynamic profession of nursing.
Pros
Many wonderful campus and community activities
Cons
Atlanta traffic-commute
Good Team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 24, 2015
Excellent team work, good place to grow as a professional, challenging, hard-work, good group of students to work with, adequate resources available
Very rewarding work
Part Time Clinical Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 17, 2015
A typical day included assigning patient loads to the students and assisting them to provide nursing care for the patients. As an instructor I observed and provided guidance for all aspect of patient care for first and second semester students. Evaluated care plans and directly related theory to practice.
Pros
Rewarding work
WORKING STABILITY
Online Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 8, 2015
SMOOTH WORK DAY
MANAGEMENT WAS EASY TO WORK WITH
TOO TOP HEAVY IN UPPER MANAGEMENT
COLLEAGUES EASY TO WORK WITH
HARDEST PART DEVELOPING SCHEDULE FOR 2500 STUDENTS
Pros
FLEX SCHEDULE
Cons
ACCOUNTABILITY
Great Place to Work
CONTRACT MANAGER/BUYER III (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJune 24, 2015
• Working in purchasing no day is the same. However, I intend to review/audit contracts daily. Create PO and post any solicitations for bid.

• I've learned different aspects to purchasing.

• The management staff in my department is very family oriented and fair.

• I like my co-workers; they are a great group to work with.

• The hardest part of the job is trying to get some end-users to understand the purchasing law and the reasons we cannot just make a purchase.

• The most enjoyable part of the job is the group of people I work with. We laugh and have fun while working.
Pros
Free Education as full time employee
Cons
low pay
Jennica's review
Customer Service/ Clerk Assistance (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I use to help international students to renew their I20s, I filled document for the International Students Admission and Advising center. I enjoy everything about this job,
productive and fun environment to work.
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 11, 2015
productive and fun environment to work. My co-workers were very friendly and caring. The most challenging part of the job was during finals week when students are writing papers and turning rented books in but in all my coworker were great.