Georgia Perimeter College Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at work was processing official transcripts. Had a good working relationship with co-workers. Go along very well with my manager.
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 12, 2016
In my opinion, Georgia Perimeter College was a good place to work. I loved what did and that was processing official transcripts for current and former students. The hardest part of the job was if an older student needed a transcript, i.e. from the 60's I knew it would be a possibility I would have difficulty finding it, because the transcript was not in the current system, so I would have to retrieve it from the file room and scan it on transcript paper. I had to keep a note book with the date, where it was sent and to whom. The file room was where the older records were kept from 1964 until 1979 or 1980. The most enjoyable part of the day was when I got to speak with a student or got to speak with a Registrar from another institution.

I retired from Georgia Perimeter College officially May 1, 2015.
Very Cool job
Wellness Chair (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 30, 2016
Its a lot to handle that outputs a lot of good, but doesn't have much to give back. Working as a chair MUST have a desire to make the school better for yourself and the students around you.
Pros
Parking Benefits, Semester Stipend, great enviorment
Cons
Balancing Duties and School Work, Keeping on top of Catering Buisnesses
good
Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 29, 2016
co-workers are great people
• Updates and maintains student withdrawal records, verifications of enrollment, reinstatements, and manual registration forms ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Responsible for ensuring that course reinstatement is done in a timely matter and recording all appropriate information in Banner system regarding the students issue on the file.
• Assists Advising/Counseling department with registration (i.e. overrides, academic exclusions registration related issues.
• Responsible for informing students of high school unit deficiencies/making changes to student record holds, schedule adjustment and schedule changes.
• Provides policy and procedural information to staff, faculty and students.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJune 15, 2016
Many locations, competent staff, courteous administration, works well with new, part time and mature students various courses.
Down the drain
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 14, 2016
It consolidated with Georgia State University and the undergaduate admissions dept. went down the drain. But, I did enjoy my co-workers.
Best job i ever had
Mathematics and Statistic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
Very fun place to work at. The office staffs are super cool and very helpful. They care a lot about the students. My coworkers were the best.
Good for gaining experience
Instructor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 2, 2016
I have enjoyed teaching here. I was exposed to many different types of students, which helped me to expand my teaching methods. This school does a TON of research on scholarly teaching, which is very admirable. My co-workers are all friendly and upbeat.

The hardest part of the job is the workload (coupled with the pay). The amount of students in each class that are not at the expected level is overwhelming at times. Additionally, I often feel like I am teaching high school rather than college. It is rewarding to help my kids succeed, however I experienced a bit of shock in how the school handles it students verses how other colleges handle them. I find that they are not forced to take on as much responsibility or encounter the same rigor in materials as some students at other colleges.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help the students succeed and understand. I love being able to be their mentor and give them advice to help them in college and in life. The students are some of the most energetic and joyful people that I've met! Many of them are eager to learn and have a sincere desire to be better. I enjoy having fridays off and the relaxed atmosphere of the job in general. It can be a lot of work, but the work isn't difficult.
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly/Helpful Coworkers, Relaxed Atmosphere, Fridays off
Cons
Overwhelming workload (which can be stressful in more ways than one), Low Pay
Management needs growth and development
Student Relations Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 21, 2015
The job was stressful, but not totally unbearable. The management is probably the worst I have ever experienced in my life.
Pros
Long breaks for holidays
Cons
Manager, black out dates
Great place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 18, 2015
Great place to work and grow professionally. Management is supportive and willing to provide resources to assist you in the day to management of facilitating your class. There are not hard components to the job.
Fun Fun Fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 15, 2015
Working as a lab technician is probably the most relaxing and funnest job I have ever had. I am able to do my school work and also work at the same time which is a total plus especially since I am a full time student. The job is not hard at all. The management is even awesome!
New experience
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 24, 2015
Working in the office environment was rich with new experiences. The management was nice and my colleagues were great.
making a difference
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing student with the knowledge on educational funding. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and students
Pros
lack of advancement, low salary
Cons
Decent benefits
Currently attending student
Student (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAOctober 21, 2015
This college has always had a very knowledgeable staff that has fixed problems in a timely manner. They are thorough when it comes to explaining procedures and following thorough to tackle a problem or direct students to the correct department for further assistance.
A good place to work your way up or get in on the ground floor.
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with fast paced and friendly people with a focus on the students. Training and advancement are available.
Great Job
Electrician II (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAOctober 14, 2015
Georgia Perimeter College is a great place to work. I have enjoyed the experience. The drive from my house is far. I am looking for something closer to my house.
Great Learning Experience/ Excellent Staff
Personal Counselor/Intern (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 13, 2015
At Georgia Perimeter College I was afforded the opportunity to work with students of different backgrounds and cultures as a personal counselor. The personal counseling team is very professional, supportive, and come from different theoretical backgrounds so there is a lot of diversity and great opportunities to learn! They really give you the tools to succeed as a personal counselor. The hardest part of the job is trusting that you can take what you've learned and apply it within a personal counseling session, but the new counselor fear goes away with time.
A great Place to work!
Clerk lll (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 28, 2015
I loved working at GPC. The staff was great! I had the opportunity to acquire many skills here. My supervisor was the most understanding and professional person I have had the pleasure to meet.
Employee (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2015
Great learning experience and CEO is a humble person to work with that is very encouraging to his staff. Co-workers were a joy to work with on a daily basis.
Productive and student focused
Veterans Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 14, 2015
Nice working environment and always opportunities for growth within the college. Everyone works as a teams with very little complaints.
Pros
Employee improvement
Good
Adjunct Instructor Biology (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 2, 2015
Good. Nice place to work. Great place to work. People are great . Students are cultured and wonderful ! The faculty and staff are wonderful.
Pros
Yes, on your own.
Cons
On your own when on part time as in most other places anyway. Nothing unusual.

Georgia Perimeter College Reviews by Location