Georgia Perimeter College Employee Reviews

Student Employment
Office Assistant (TRIO Programs) (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GANovember 14, 2017
This was a start of learning how it is to work in a higher education environment. Being a student and employed takes a lot of balance. The workplace had a lot of diversity, which the campus is in a well diverse location. The hardest part was trying to learn how to operate as an assistant and grow in my skills. I loved working alone since it gave me time to absorb the task at hand.
Pros
working alone
Cons
trying to craft my skill, low student pay
great place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 23, 2017
typical office environment, good people, learned HR responsibilities, hardest part of job was the sitting, management was excellent, treated staff very well.
Very fun environment..
RECREATIONAL ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 15, 2017
May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
Pros
Fun, exciting environment.
Cons
No advancement
Great place to start a career but not end up here
Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  suburban Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 14, 2017
I found GPC a great starting point for my college teaching career in Atlanta. Good colleagues to work with and the chairs seemed knowledgeable and fairly easy to work with.
Teaching the future is great
Clinical Instructor - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 28, 2017
Typical day would be in the hospital teaching nursing students. Management was supportive, yet elusive. the workplace culture was average. the hardest part of the job was leaving the students.
Okay
Customer Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 12, 2017
Georgia perimeter college had big lay off a few years a go and laid people off across all of it campuses.
GPC is now part of another University and I wish it well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad area
Good college
Student (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 24, 2017
Very well-rounded institute that took the time to actually get to know their students and they made sure that you got the proper tools to graduate....
very good relaxed environment
RECORDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 3, 2017
very good company time-off is excellent. Great incentives for self development, most departments were professional. Most people were happy and so was I!
Productive and Fun Environment
Mentor Program (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 16, 2017
The school provides a great working environment with other students and diversity. Management very helpful. Diversity culture and different age brackets. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different events that cater to the diverse population.
Excellent place to work
Testing Adminisrator/Monitor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 28, 2017
excellent place to work and cooperative staff members; the managers were very patient with the training, a chance to learn other aspects of the job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work/learn. I did work study here and it has prepared me for real life work. Workplace is diverse and very well educated. 8 hour work days.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Job Security
Great place
Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Great workplace fun and productive, great team spirit. flexible managers, flexible hours. great Chief Medical Officer and Investigational product was exciting.
Productive and professional learning community
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 21, 2017
Georgia Perimeter College was a great place to work. They allowed independence but responsibility and accountability was encouraged.
Appreciated the opportunity to be a part of this educational institution for the length of time there.
job was easy and people were nice to work with
Math and engineering tutor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 19, 2017
being a tutor at a college is very demanding, however if you know what you are doing you should be fine. people there are really nice and since it is a small school we all knew each other
Pros
flexible hours, ok paid
Cons
no benefit
Tutoring at Newton Georgia Perimeter College (Georgia State)
Mathematics and Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
When I was working there a few years ago, the work environment was relaxed and fun. This type of job teaches you a lot about yourself and help builds human interaction skills.
Great students to instruct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I typically taught two classes per semester, the same course, in the evenings after teaching high school all day. The adult students were typically those returning to school after some time and most came with some degree of Math anxiety. It was extremely rewarding to be able to help them relieve that anxiety and be successful in the course they were attending.

Since I taught evenings, it was difficult to get much support of any kind from the department administration. Next to no help was afforded to me the last semester when a new textbook was implemented with a strong online portion. The publisher itself had not even tested that component. That confirmed my decision to resign.
Pros
Impact adults returning to Math classes
Cons
Insufficient pay & little support from the department administration
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GANovember 14, 2016
Great place to work due to diversity. Students are given the opportunity to grow both educationally and athletically. Their athletics program is the best for student athletes who want to grown in soccer.
Pros
Great scholarship program
Cons
Short break
Good Alcohol, Food, and Service
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 6, 2016
Georgia Perimeter College gave me the opportunity to work in their IT department and for that I am grateful. I learned how to navigate their system, and how to provide adequate customer service.
same as above
Full Time Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 13, 2016
the campus was a two year program offering the pre-clinical courses for nursing school. The students were highly motivated and success driven which contributed to a satisfying experience
Great Place to work
Part-time Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 14, 2016
Same Institution - Georgia Perimeter College, DeKalb College, and DeKalb Community College. Currently working part-time after retiring from Georgia Perimeter College in 2013.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Perimeter College. Our community is ready to answer.