Georgia Perimeter College Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience/ Excellent Staff
Personal Counselor/Intern (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 13, 2015
At Georgia Perimeter College I was afforded the opportunity to work with students of different backgrounds and cultures as a personal counselor. The personal counseling team is very professional, supportive, and come from different theoretical backgrounds so there is a lot of diversity and great opportunities to learn! They really give you the tools to succeed as a personal counselor. The hardest part of the job is trusting that you can take what you've learned and apply it within a personal counseling session, but the new counselor fear goes away with time.
A great Place to work!
Clerk lll (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 28, 2015
I loved working at GPC. The staff was great! I had the opportunity to acquire many skills here. My supervisor was the most understanding and professional person I have had the pleasure to meet.
Employee (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2015
Great learning experience and CEO is a humble person to work with that is very encouraging to his staff. Co-workers were a joy to work with on a daily basis.
Productive and student focused
Veterans Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 14, 2015
Nice working environment and always opportunities for growth within the college. Everyone works as a teams with very little complaints.
Pros
Employee improvement
Good
Adjunct Instructor Biology (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 2, 2015
Good. Nice place to work. Great place to work. People are great . Students are cultured and wonderful ! The faculty and staff are wonderful.
Pros
Yes, on your own.
Cons
On your own when on part time as in most other places anyway. Nothing unusual.
The work place was awesome.
Social Work Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 29, 2015
I was so happy to get a adjunct position at GPC; teaching Social Work. I enjoyed the course and the students. due the low enrollment I wasnt able to remain teaching.
Pros
All of my students successfully passed the course.
Cons
I was only able to teach for one semester.
Excellent community college environment
Nursing faculty (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Georgia Perimeter College was a wonderful place for me to begin teaching nursing. I enjoyed providing clinical instruction in the Atlanta area hospitals and I also presented lectures in the classroom. It was a pleasure to teach such a diverse group of learners as they entered into the wonderful, dynamic profession of nursing.
Pros
Many wonderful campus and community activities
Cons
Atlanta traffic-commute
Good Team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 24, 2015
Excellent team work, good place to grow as a professional, challenging, hard-work, good group of students to work with, adequate resources available
Very rewarding work
Part Time Clinical Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 17, 2015
A typical day included assigning patient loads to the students and assisting them to provide nursing care for the patients. As an instructor I observed and provided guidance for all aspect of patient care for first and second semester students. Evaluated care plans and directly related theory to practice.
Pros
Rewarding work
Working stability
Online Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 8, 2015
Smooth work day
Management was easy to work with
Too top heavy in upper management
Colleagues easy to work with
Hardest part developing schedule for 2500 students
Pros
FLEX SCHEDULE
Cons
ACCOUNTABILITY
Great Place to Work
CONTRACT MANAGER/BUYER III (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJune 24, 2015
• Working in purchasing no day is the same. However, I intend to review/audit contracts daily. Create PO and post any solicitations for bid.

• I've learned different aspects to purchasing.

• The management staff in my department is very family oriented and fair.

• I like my co-workers; they are a great group to work with.

• The hardest part of the job is trying to get some end-users to understand the purchasing law and the reasons we cannot just make a purchase.

• The most enjoyable part of the job is the group of people I work with. We laugh and have fun while working.
Pros
Free Education as full time employee
Cons
low pay
Jennica's review
Customer Service/ Clerk Assistance (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I use to help international students to renew their I20s, I filled document for the International Students Admission and Advising center. I enjoy everything about this job,
productive and fun environment to work.
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 11, 2015
productive and fun environment to work. My co-workers were very friendly and caring. The most challenging part of the job was during finals week when students are writing papers and turning rented books in but in all my coworker were great.
The Front end Customer Service Retail Rep. Interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests
Records Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 6, 2015
Was a good place to work for a temp retail job. Unfortunately the stores in my area have all gone out of business and is no longer in service. This was a good experience over-all.
Team lead
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  GAMay 4, 2015
A good learning experience would better appreciate if there were more incentives to the job.Job consists of merchandising,shipping and receiving, markdowns,stocking pricing, a variety of things.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, only part time position and the pay
Productive, flexible place to work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me is providing assistance to students on the back end. Helping by making sure they are working and there information for financial aid is up-to-date. I learned a lot about the financial aid process. I have great co-workers who will help you of you need it. The hardest part of my job is nothing. I really enjoy the feeling I get when I am able to help a student succeed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits
Productive Work Environment at Georgia Perimeter
Trio Student Support Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 14, 2015
Working at Georgia Perimeter College was a great experience. It was a work-study job, but I learned how to network and gained experience in different office settings. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the students to various cultural events and visiting different colleges to see what best fits students needs and desires. My co-workers were warm and helpful
Pros
It was convenient since I attended school at GPC
Cons
It was work-study job so it was temporary and the salary wasn't pleasing
Relaxed work environment with great management
Tutor II (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to interact with the students one on one, while having other tutors available to help if needed. Management is fair and very understanding if scheduling conflicts occur with normal life. The hardest part of the job is recalling very specific academic information quickly.
Great work environment
Men's Basketball Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 1, 2015
Peaceful, full of laughter, and dedicated individuals who are focused on one goal which is winning a championship. Great coaching staff and athletes. I loved working there.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Not enough hours
great place to work fun and flexilble
Transportation/Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
typical day would be attending work on time opening the office, reviewing voice messages and email and relaying them to management. co-workers were always great the job isn't difficult at all and the most enjoyable part will have to be the environment and the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Perimeter College. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia Perimeter College Reviews by Location