Georgia Public Broadcasting

Georgia Public Broadcasting Employer Reviews

A good start to a career in television
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: a good career start
Cons: no advancement to grow
A typical day at Georgia Public Broadcasting begin when you first get there, I was a master control operator. When I first get there, I find out what shows that I am going to do, I check my show list and make sure that everything match, I make a backup list just in case my main list crash, I monitor my shows closely to make sure that we do not have black on the air, I make sure that I have a back up show for emergency, then I make sure that the main show dubbed for later dates and at the end of the day I set my show list up for the next operator. I always want to make sure that everything is good after I leave so that why I check my shows for my shift and ten hours after my shift. The management staff make you feel like you are part of the family and they help you reach that next level. The hardest part of my job is when someone calls in and you have to cover their shift but that comes with the territory. I have to say that the most enjoyable part about this job is your peers, I love working with my peers. Georgia Public Broadcasting was not big but at the same time it was not small it was good fit for beginning your career in television.
relaxed environment
network control (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: not much room for growth
GPB is a slower pace work environment. Good for the beginning or end of a television career
Excellent educational programming
Program Servvices Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Being able to offer diversed programs for Georgia and surrounding states.
A Great Place to Work
Accts. Receivable/ Data Services Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2013
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an awesome place to work! It's family-oriented and pet friendly. Fundraiser events are memorable and the catering is pleasant.
Great Place to Work/Learn
Television Production Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2013
My experience at Georgia Public Broadcasting was absolutely great! As an intern, I had the opportunity to learn all of the aspects of television production. The production team at Georgia Public Broadcasting were great and were very willing to share knowledge and help you.
Awesome place to work
Producer/Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2013
I can't say enough positive things about my tenure at GPB. It was an honor to be associated with such a diverse, dedicated and talented group of people
Great place to work, gain great experience.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2012
Pros: great place, people are great, great atmosphere, room to grow
I was intern here and was brought back for a contractual position. I have worked here for a combine 2 years and half. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience that will help me where ever my next job is.
Great for Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2012
Great for Volunteer Opportunities. Not too many job opening for GPB but its get for experience and its all for a good cause.
Valuable Experience
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2012
While working at GPB, I assisted the VP of marketing and Communications in planning and executing events. My experience there helped me get a much better understanding of how marketing operations work in the corporate world.
Productive and fun workplace.
Prospect Research Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2012
Pros: professional environment, fast paced.
Cons: it was an internship position
This position was my internship in college. This non-profit organization is best to work for. With caring managers and coworkers. As an intern, i was able to get involved into the industry rather than just filing and greeting.