Georgia Quick Start Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work, inovative, modern enviornment
Instructional Developer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2016
Very relaxed enviornment to work in. Not stressful, positive and a minimal amount of people interacting with on a daily basis
Dedicated group of individuals
Instructional Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2015
An arm of the State of Georgia's Economic Development Department, Georgia Quick Start has been consistently rated as one of the best workforce training and curriculum development companies in the United States
Pros
flexible schedule; positive work environment
A great part time Postsecondary training position with limited hours.
Contractor/Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 6, 2014
This was a good job with decent pay yet no benefits. It was an almost casual teaching job for adults entering the workforce. Students were always thankful and most really seemed to be excited about learning the objectives and entering the workforce. For many it was a stepping stone to a better way of life so they were eager to learn. The greatest down side was that scheduled classes were inconsistent and if no classes were scheduled then there was little to no work for me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere between both students and staff
Cons
short lived, the need for training was eratic
Georgia Quick Start is an innovative concept that I am proud to have been a part of.
Assessor-part-time as needed (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 29, 2014
Where I started working for Quick Start was at the KIA Training Center where we assessed the chosen applicants out of the 43,000 people who applied. The hours worked were part to full time. Management tried very hard to get this new endeavor up and running smoothly. At first there were 20 assessment stations which were eventually duplicated into 3 lines where 60 applicants could be assessed simultaneously. Each assessment took 1 hour and we assessed all 4 people in our cell.
My mechanical knowledge increased dramatically as we were trained on each of the 20 stations and encouraged to practice until we understood the 4 stations in that cell and felt comfortable assessing.
Management always had the best intentions toward the applicants and the employees. Honesty and integrity in the process was stressed and practiced
I enjoyed working with everyone and we were all supportive of each other. It was a great working atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was coping with the hand held computers when they refused to upload the results of the session to the main computer, they lost the data and we had to re-enter it from memory.
The most enjoyable part was learning new things and meeting new people.
When KIA no longer needed applicant assessments, I transferred over to West Ga. Tech where I assessed KIA supplier applicants. The work there has decreased as those companies fulfill there employee requirements. There are only 4 of us assessors left from the original hiring, and we work very part-time as needed. Management quality at West
  more... Ga.is excellent and I have really enjoyed working there.  less
Pros
quality management, pleasant work environment, good co-workers
Cons
Work not consistent enough at assessment level