Georgia Regents University

Georgia Regents University Employer Reviews

Great patient and family centered care
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: can get extremely busy
Great environment to work with. Learned new stuff everyday since it was a teaching hospital, a lot of team work. Can be challenging at time with the patient to employee ratio but team work always make for an easy day.
Great University
Help Desk (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Founded in 1828, the university includes nine colleges and schools with nearly 9,000 students, over 1,000 full-time faculty and nearly 7,000 staff. It houses the nation's ninth-largest and 13th-oldest medical school, the state's sole dental college, an aligned and integrated health system, a growing intercollegiate athletics program, the highly respected Hull College of Business, the diverse Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, among other units. With a campus of approximately 150 buildings, the university is a $1 billion-plus enterprise with statewide and national reach. The Medical College of Georgia includes a partnership campus in Athens, Ga., and satellite campuses in the Georgia cities of Albany, Rome and Savannah.

A degree from GRU, an institution whose research, patient care and instruction have contributed immeasurably to advances in the state, nation and world, is greatly respected. Graduates speak highly of their GRU education, citing factors such as small class sizes, extensive faculty support and in-depth clinical training. GRU plays a leading role in incorporating technology into the curriculum. Examples include simulation labs, distance- and Internet-based instruction and customized mobile applications for students and faculty.

Students are taught by some of the most prestigious scientists, clinicians, scholars and artists in the nation. Faculty members not only convey vital information, they also conduct extensive research to optimize wellness and quality of life.

The university has a strong commitment to research, building on a proud tradition – more... that boasts, among other achievements, the groundwork for such breakthroughs as fertility treatments and beta-blocking drugs for cardiac arrhythmias.

GRU fosters interdisciplinary research collaboration, then uses extensive resources to link laboratory findings to bedside care and biomedical industry. Its Office of Technology Transfer, and Economic Development, for instance, cultivates promising research and transfers breakthroughs to the marketplace and patient bedside.

The university fields teams in NCAA Division I men's and women's golf, and the men's team claimed back-to-back national championships in 2010 and 2011. In 11 other sports, the Jaguars complete in the Peach Belt Conference in Division II in basketball, baseball, cross country, softball, volleyball, tennis, and outdoor track and field.

The university's mission is to provide leadership and excellence in teaching, discovery, clinical care and service as a student-centered comprehensive research university and academic health center with a wide range of programs from learning assistance through postdoctoral studies. – less
Research Instituition. Highly collaborated research groups.
Scientist & PRIDE Program Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: pension plan training and certifications free tuition from any public institution in georgia
Cons: training is available, but one must meet primary responsibilities first.
Overall GRU is great employer to work for. Takes care of workers and offers opportunities for career advancement. Many chances for on the job training. Friendly atmosphere and conducive for growth in a multicultural setting. excellent Research Instituition with Highly collaborated research groups. Has a schedule for a student. Valuable experience can be gained here. Great staff and many great professors to work with. Location is convenient to everything.
Fast paced and fun
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Working in taxes is complicated as it is but working here made it fun. I learned so many things for furture positions in social media marketing. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Georgia Regents University
Office Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GerogiaJanuary 9, 2015
I have actually worked for this GRU twice in Family Medicine and secondly as an Office Associate in the chairman's office GI surgery.
I loved the atmosphere in the department and loved my mangers as well. another team spirited company and within our professors we loved working for them and our monthly luncheons were the BEST!
Great Atmosphere
Student Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring the facility, checking and doing a head count, helping members who had questions regarding the facility, and cleaning up. I learned how to show leadership, and learned to give my input in various situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed environment and energetic co-workers.
Fun and Inspiring
Student Assistant Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), Augusta Ga.December 29, 2014
Cons: not long enough
I had a blast working on the museum project at GRU. I wish the job would not have ended because I enjoy researching and finding out new information about historical moments and figures. My manager enjoyed it to and with more time, we would have been a perfect team.
A great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time at GRU. It was a wonderful learning environment.
Psychiatry Resident (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 12, 2014
Typical day involves interviewing patients, counseling, providing medication. Talking with family members. Coordinating medical and psychiatric care with nurses, social workers and other staff.
No Guidence
Administrator/Director (Current Employee), Augusta, GaDecember 10, 2014
Pros: tuition assistance
Cons: no leadership support
Needs more leadership training for upper management. Very unorganized, no daily processes for institutional task
nothing
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Augusta, GANovember 17, 2014
Prefer not to say at this time. I just feel there are better companies out there that treat their employees better. Why is this part of this! I just would like to upload my resume and not talk bad about a company.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), augusta,GAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: everything
Great school with a great working environment. People are ready to help you and make sure you succeed
Nonproductive and stressful work place for honest and hard working people
Post doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 9, 2014
Horrible management. Poor quality science. Poor and discriminatory work environment.
Clinical Documentation Specialist
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2014
I enjoy my work very much. I learn something new on a daily basis.
My managers are very supportive and fair. The hardest part of my job is having physicians to respond to queries in a timely manner. My coworkers work together really well. I enjoy learning different aspects of health conditions. I usually do around 20+ reviews daily. The pay scale is very poor and limited.
Healthy Atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: working atmosphere
Cons: temporary
I used to go sincerely at 8 am
Learnt to work with lot of people around
Management was very good
Co-workers were friendly, cooperative and helping
Nothing was hardes
Working atomosphere
Multiple departments
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 15, 2014
The size of the organization gives employees to the opportunity to change careers if a person desires change.
Exciting, interesting place to work and interact with the best medical staff in the country!!!
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: regular evaluations and pay increases.
Cons: a few lazy employees that often stirred up contention and strife but that is on every job, overall it was a great place to work.
When I was employed there as an unit clerk I enjoyed it. There was an opportunity to learn and advance through the medical center. The Nurse Managers recognized potential and allowed those in other positions to move upward through the ranks and be transitioned into other position within the hospital. The atmosphere was professional, well-mannered and hospitable.
Wondeful co-workers
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: salary
The most enjoyable part of my job is know that I can make a difference in someone's life by offering the most qualified candidate employment. It does my hear great joy to know that the candidate if overjoyed with obtaining employment from our company.

The hardest part of my job is rescinding an offer due to failing to meet pre-employment screenings.
Dedicated, student-centered instructor with a reputation of meeting and exceeding student learning outcomes.
Communication Lecturer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: teaching students, making measurable differences in lives, doing what i am called to do.
Cons: healthcare plans available.
A typical day at Georgia Regents includes me arriving an hour or two early to work and teaching introductory and advanced classes in communications to undergraduate students.

While in the office, I spend my time constructing reference letters for deserved students, preparing innovative lesson plans, and sharing valuable resources to students who come to my office.

My door is always open to assisting students with academic and professional goals. This includes providing constructive feedback on assignments, helping students find gainful employment, and much more.

Several times a month, I attend departmental meetings and complete important work for Georgia Regents. Although my workload is challenging, I am humble, diligent, and accountable. It is my intent to do the university's work with integrity, grace, and a positive attitude.
Security in a large institution
Business Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 22, 2014
GRU is becoming a force to reckon with in the research university world. After a quick consolidation, the employees and community are finally coming around to the idea.

1 2 3