Georgia Regents University Employee Reviews in United States

Great School
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 11, 2016
Great place to work, however; it was employment while I was a full time student at the university. I really enjoy working with the Professors and students.
Pros
Great School
Cons
Intern
Good place to work for the benefits
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 15, 2016
the benefits are good. the advancement has not been as good. The flexibility has been great . Typical day a work is good . I have learned alot will working here. There are a lots of politics i have encountered while working here.
benefits
Cons
advancement
Productive and Fun workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 2, 2016
I always had a productive work day and was able to gain a lot of experience during the 10 years at GRU. During my time working with this company I was able to be cross trained in many areas. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to see the results of hard work and dedication when we would pass our annual audits. The part I liked the most was that there was no typical day at work, you never knew what to expect and it kept me prepared.As far as management goes I have had some manager's that saw potential and pushed me beyond that potential to help mold me into the Nurse I am today. During my ten years I can say that I enjoyed my Job. I can say that because I was a new Nurse when I started over the years I have gained a lot of knowledge and training. For the most part I got along with my co workers as well as other staff members.
Pros
One of the pros I could say was the training I received and the dedicated staff
Cons
We was always short of staff
A pleasant workplace , a smooth environment!!
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  3-south Adult PsychiatryMarch 1, 2016
My day's of volunteering there were very well productive. I really got to learn a lot about the field. The management was helpful and treated me with the utmost respect. The coworkers were team players that made each day a successful one. There was nothing hard about the work and i enjoyed every moment.
Work experience
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 2, 2015
I obtained 400 clinical hours during my practicum in the fall semester. During my practicum I gained experience working with Plastic, ENT, and GYN surgical patients.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Georgia Regents University. A typical day at work consisted of testing various subjects, maybe mixed in with a consent or two. I learned a multitude of valuable information such as microvascular function, all about lung function, all about arterial stiffness, and how to enter data. I loved who I worked with and I loved the diversity of the office environment. The hardest part of my job was scheduling subjects and how to get through all of them in one day without any complications.
Fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 17, 2015
Overall this is a fun place to work and advance.
Working here has been very educating and rewarding
I would recommend anyone who is seeking employment to apply.
The hardest part of the day is leaving.
The enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patients and being able to provide great customer service to each patient upon arrival.
fast pace
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 13, 2015
distribute mail daily twice, input data entry to pay vendors daily, balance accounts and spreadsheets, coworkers were very helpful to pull the work load needed daily. hard part of job was juggling with mail and checks at the same time without neglecting one or the other
Pros
good environment
Cons
not enough hours in day for work needed to be done
Taught BSN students in skills lab, clinical, and classroom
Occasional Faculty for College of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Augusta GAOctober 8, 2015
I have a passion for mentoring students and future nurses and nurse practitioners. I thoroughly enjoyed my career at GRU and would not have left if we hadn't moved out of town.
Everyone works as a team from day to day and this what helps make the job easy to go to everyday.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusst,GASeptember 24, 2015
I feel like I am making a difference in patient lives when I come to work. I really enjoy the work and feel like I am called to do it.
Excellent starting experience in Statistics/Biostatistics
Biostatistics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 26, 2015
Working at GRU provided a good foundation for applying my biostatistics knowledge from the classroom to real life data sets. It provided opportunities for meaningful statistical analysis with well-versed professors and faculty.
It was a nice experience.
Administrative Assistant (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for the doctor that I worked for while I was there. Enjoyed a new challenge. It was a lot of multi-tasking and learned something new everyday. Most colleagues were very nice and helpful.
Pros
People were very helpful.
Cons
Parking.
love this place
RN (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 19, 2015
Float pool team is wonderful. Nurse manager is the best in the world. Plan on staying here til I retire. Wonderful group of people.
worked 5 days a week or more
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, GAAugust 6, 2015
worke 5 days a week some somtimes 6 straight days with no other days off.. all you would do is med pass and nothing else.... Management not fair. Had favorites at this facility
Pros
hours are early if you worked first shift
Cons
med pass only.... very boring. not not good
Productive and manageable work
Night shift Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 16, 2015
Short staff. Use agency nurse a lot. Must work together. Pill call last
3-4 hours. Productive and manageable work. Security is great.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
short staff
Enjoyment of working with the public
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with patients that experience lost of their child. I enjoyed working with the public and learning things. I worked in medical records for 14 years,I enjoyed what I was doing, because my main goal was to provide excellent services for patients, doctors, lawyers, and co-workers. My work spoke for me by the neatness and pride I took into making sure my work was done correctly.
Great Facility
Utilization Reviewer (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 6, 2015
I loved my job and manager. Great teams, nurses, staff, and providers. Great benefits. Fair yearly appraisals. Fair wages.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great school, Good place to work
Software Help Desk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaJune 30, 2015
Assisting students and faculty with issues with hardware and software, and interacting with people is a daily task. My co-workers and supervisor were team players and good people. The hardest part of the job was being presented with issues that I have never encountered before; however, I learned something new everyday.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, great benefits
Cons
short breaks
New experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Trion, GAJune 16, 2015
This was the first time I have ever worked in a correctional facility, and while I was unsure of how safe it would be I would have to say I never felt unsafe. I did however feel unapreciated for the entire time I worked there.
Great Program
Researcher/Editor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2015
The Undergraduate research program at GRU is one of the most fun, supportive, and creative programs at the university. Not often do professors give undergraduates such a chance to shine, but since GRU is a mid-sized university the chance does present itself. Amazing staff and fun to work with.

Georgia Regents University Reviews by Location