Georgia Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

State Job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 24, 2016
This job was an opportunity to grow within a career. I learned different time keeping skills for myself and employees. Learned more skills with management and proper ways to conduct meetings and keep minutes. Transfer calls and be very professional.
Good
Central/Sterile Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Trained catheter change and preparation
Problem resolution
Business and management skills
Time * Staff * Money * Job performance * Safety
Some of the nicest people you ever wanted to meet.
There was mini.
I just really enjoyed what I did.
Pros
I have a good d'ecor with my supervisors, and the freedom I was allowed.
Cons
Gracious
This is the only place I have ever worked that the supervisors and management don't let you move up in the company if you want to
Health Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 27, 2016
a typical day at work is stressful. The management keep you from expanding and moving up in the company. They try to keep you down. My co-workers are hard workers and we help each other with what needs to be done. we don't have to be told what to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day you helped someone and most of them appriciate you when they are better and can go home
Cons
can't move up, no raises, and short breaks
open spaces
Forensic Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 21, 2016
Monitoring consumers/patients and documenting behavior and changes in behavior. I learned that working nights with a lot of down time can get tiring. My management and co workers are fun to work with they make the time go by really fast. The hardest part of my job is getting through the night, and the most enjoyable part is some of the consumers conversations.
Pros
benifits
Cons
health insurance
Providing basic care for individuals
Forensic Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 3, 2016
Working at Georgia Regional Hospital gives you hand on experiences that can be vital for your everyday life. You learn how to take care of others needs who aren't able to do so themselves. You also learn the business and professionalism at the hospital. Working here allows you to become a team player while also being a team leader.
Pros
great experience and new skills
Cons
slow advancement
Georgia Regional is a good place to get experience and learn how to work with people with mental health disorders.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 21, 2016
Georgia Regional is a good place to work starting your career. You will experience a diverse patient population and the work will be rewarding. On the negative side there are few opportunities for promotion or wage increases.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Financial Compensation
Nice place to Work
LPN Med Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 3, 2016
Working at Georgia Regional Hospital I had the chance to really learn about Mental Health nursing. Management and staff very friendly and willing to work together.
It's okay
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  SavannahAugust 29, 2016
Not willing to elaborate. I've had some valuable experiences working with staff that have retired. Compensation not in range of current market standards.
Productive, risky and fun work environment.
FORENSIC TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 25, 2016
Typical day at this job consisted of receiving pt meals, collect vital signs, patient observation, charting treatment team meetings, line of sight observations and take downs when necessary. transport patients to and from medical appointments. assist medication and meal distribution and ensure patients get/ participate in physical activities and group therapy.
Co-workers were good, supportive and friendly.
the hardest part of this job was to always be alert and not second guess the patients, SAFETY
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your service makes a difference. Helping others and learning that we are all not fortunate but should regard life/freedom as the gift it truly is.
Pros
strong team support
Cons
HI risk of getting hurt
Good Experience but Poor pay
untitled (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 15, 2016
For clinical staff, a typical day includes morning rounds. Nurses provide information about what has happened within the last 24hrs with the patients. Sometimes it's accurate and sometimes it's not. Basically, the bulk of the patients that come to this hospital are indigent which makes it hard to find services in the community. This makes it stressful because it turns the hospital into a shelter for the homeless and as part of a treatment team you and the team are having to find placements for people who don't have money or supporting family 90% of the time. Overall, if you are interested in working in behavioral sciences then you will get experience like no other. However, the pay is extremely pitiful for what you do and for what you have to put up with on a regular basis.
Cons
compensation, stressful work place, and dangerous enviroment
Georgia Regional Hospital
TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 7, 2016
Georgia Regional Hospital is a great place to work, but the chances for opportunity and growth are limited. It will be a great part-time opportunity.
Very poor management system
Forensic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 23, 2016
There are so many contradictory rules here. A Patient was sick and complained of tight chest and shortness of breath and was taken to hospital. The staff were panicing but the truth is it was all fake. The staff were blamed for allowing the patient to trick them. If it was and the staff ignored it as fake what would be the result? negligence. There is no check and balance in their system of government.
Pros
Nice security team work
Cons
Sporadic fighting all the time
Medicare Billing Specialist
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
Bill Medicare using DDE, Verify insurance, set up patient's account, Set up payment arrangements, Post payments, CSR, Interview patient's, Create folders, Make sure everything was checked off before billing.
Pros
Interviewing mental patients
Cons
The hours
Interesting and rewarding place to work.
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Outpateint Juvenile ForensicJune 27, 2012
A typical day at work starts with receiving court orders to exam a client.I learn that adolescent seem to think that they are protected by the system. In management I support a team of seven Psychologist and I complete all task involving office and clerical support.My co-workers are equally competent as myself and we work as a team in an effort to handle all clients with care and understanding and respect.The hardest part of my job is seeing minors when they are in bad place and I enjoy seeing client get well and go home to their respective familes after making mistakes in their young lives.
Pros
adolescent going home well, new laws that protect juveniles.
Cons
no cost of living raise in five years in the state system.
Excellent job...but pay way below market value
Clinical pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 25, 2013
This is an excellent position for someone looking to strike a healthy work/life balance, but it comes at a price. The annual salary is thousands below the current market. There is also little to zero room for advancement. This is a government facility, which currently under utilizes the abilities of a clinical pharmacist. That said, it's a good work environment with little stress, good hours, and generous vacation time.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Salary is thousands of dollars below current market
Productive work place
Extern (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 4, 2016
My experience at Georgia Regional Hospital was very informative, I learned a lot working there. The staff was very helpful in showing the externs the proper way of billing and coding, as well as pulling and filing patient charts. The hardest part about the externship would be converting the files into the Electronic Health Records. We did not have enough hands on time with learning the system.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Psychiatric Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 19, 2016
At georgia regional hospital I was a charge nurse in a busy forensic adolescent psychiatric unit, run by the state of geargia.My resonsibilites included supervision of the psychiatric assistants, coordination of patient care, admission intakes, medication administration, and communication with the physicians and all members of the healthcare team, my co-workers were dedicated. The managers were very knowledgable. The hardest part of my job was seeing the suffering of the teens under our care. The most rewarding part of my job was to see the heart and soul of a teenager healed and their restoration to society.
Pros
LOVED HELPING THE PATIENTS .
Cons
DIFFICULT TO SEE THE HEARTACHE OF THE PATIENTS
The ability to help others with a mental illness
Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 5, 2013
The days is normally routine, depending on the unit you work on. Some patients can become irate and aggressive.
Pros
Rewarding to watch the progression of a person on their medication
Cons
No opportunity for growth, no raises, poor management on some units
Dont Work There!
Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 12, 2016
They do not value their workers and they force you to work another shift because you will have no release! I am pretty sure they are breaking labor laws. Everything is last minute notice. If you are absolutely desperate to find a job then apply because they will likely hire you. Just keep looking.
special people with needs
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 25, 2016
Caring for special people with special needs, tube feeding, bathing, transfer from bed to chair, grooming preparing for school, taking to school bus and pickup after school.
Pros
Being able to work together
Cons
Being able to assist another worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia Regional Hospital Reviews by Location