Georgia Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Psychiatric Technicians (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Good but the salary is very low for the work that have to be performed on daily basic,poor staffing , poor mangerment, too much to do with little equipment to work with
Pros
No good mangement
Cons
medical insurance is good
Working for Georgia Regional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Working for Georgia Regional is a great opportunity for people who are looking to excel in life , the company teaches you a great lesson on not taking your life for granted outside of the type of work you do .
Productive and somewhat stressful at times
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Georgia Regional Hospital. The management team was unfair to their employees. I did not see room for advancement because of the favoritism. I still made the best of my time working around the consumers and co-workers.
Enjoyable Place To Work
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31406December 19, 2017
Working at Georgia was great. A typical work day was always great. The people and the culture was great. You learn so much that will assist you in the future.
Organized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 27, 2017
Well structured. I learned how to work with forensic patients. It was a safe place to work. The mental health workers would not always listen but you had to work with them. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Working with professional nurses.
Cons
the pay
Poorly managed facility
Registered Nurse, PRN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 15, 2017
This place sucks!! The units are always short-staffed, management doesn't pitch in and staff and individuals are constantly getting hurt here as a result...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Great Job poor Pay
FST/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 13, 2017
Easy Slow paced environment very dangerous. Staff bring personal to work while clients are in the need of more special rehabilitation. Overall the easiest job in the world.
Internship
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 11, 2017
This was an internship for HIT program for a degree that I was receiving at Atlanta Technical College. So I received no benefits or pay for this. I really enjoyed what was being taught to me and I look forward in using my abilities with a new company.
GA Regional Regional Hospital
Health Service Technician/Security (Former Employee) –  1915 Eisenhower Dr. Savannah, Ga 31406November 10, 2017
There's never a dull moment at Georgia Regional Hospital because situations with patients or clients could change in a matter of seconds. It's an easy place to work with plenty of job security, just don't take anything personal.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unpredictable atmosphere
Clinical Team Work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 9, 2017
A typical day at Georgia Regional consist of morning report on each patient and new admissions, sitting in clinical team meeting with interdisciplinary team to assess individual's treatment needs and formulating a treatment plan to address, housing, social support and therapuetic needs. I would meet with community providers to come up with a discharge plan for individuals and families to educate them on recovery principles that will facilitate on going treatment for the patient.
Pros
Ongoing education and training to deal with mental illness.
Cons
Limited resources or slow resources for indigent individuals were sometimes frustrating.
Strong, Supportive Work Culture
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 27, 2017
Georgia Regional Hospital is a good place to work. A typical day can range from being fast-paced to balanced. The work culture is pleasant and supportive. Management is Fair in some areas and unfair in other areas.
Poor Managment, Unappreciates Loyal Staff
Forensic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 15, 2017
Gives new staff more pay for the same job as the senior staff even though we are training the new staff. What kind of company pays the person you training more than the trainer
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
short breaks, management, pay
Night shift
Lead Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 9, 2017
I worked night shift. This did not work for me with an infant. The adolescents and adults on the units were mentally challenged and I wasn't good working with this level of patients. I requested a day shift position in the Physical Health Department.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good Location
Lead Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 5, 2017
Good location from my home.
Easy access to public transportation
Hard working employees
Good Nursing Staff
Pay rate OK
Could use some new equipment for better quality of work performance
Experience
Volunteer worker (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 29, 2017
It is volunteer work, not a paid job. Mainly for people looking ot work in the psychology field. It is recommended and looks good on resumes and internships. Also great for graduate school if you plan on going in the field of psychology.
We work as a team,we rescue each other if individuals want to attack any one of us.
Health Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2017
the individuals are dangerous and challenging mentally.The job will be okay the management put thing in place,and create advancement for people that spend a lot to go to college.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
challenging
Im happy to be apart of the team!!
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 5, 2017
As with any job, it have it down falls, but for the most part I'm happy and content. I come in and do my job and just look forward to it being another great day behind me once I leave.
friendly and encouraging management and good place to work
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 25, 2017
friendly and encouraging management and good place to work,
The staff management ensure update staff training and motivation
to improve performance.
The management always ready and willing to work with you to improve your education and serves as a good mentor.This l can confirm authoritatively when l was about going back to further my education.
Pros
none to my knowledge
Cons
none to my knowledge
interesting workplace
Assist nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work at DBHDD requires work with individuals with behavioral issues. This job requires very detailed attention and patience when dealing with individuals that cant effectively communicate.
Productive place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2017
Great learning environment! Very busy working environment. Learned Kronos, time and leave keeping. Very diverse work environment. The best part about the job is assisting the employees.