GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL

GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL United States Employee Reviews

Unfair pay and workplace
Forensic Program Associate (Current Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 19, 2015
If you want to get in with the state this is the place to come. But if you want to be miserable this is the place to come. If you don't want to advance, this is the place for you. If you want your sub-ordinate to received thousand of dollar more then you and you have more experience and education, than this is the place for you.
Student Extern
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: learning enviroment
Cons: extern
This was my clinical rotation for my Phlebotomy program in 2007. I enjoyed the atmosphere and dynamic of working at a mental hospital. I learned the necessary skills to become a successful phlebotomist.
Challenging and rewarding experience.
HR Transaction Technician II/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
I have learned a great deal at Georgia Regional Hospital. I came with years of HR experience. However, I have acquired Kronos, PeopleSoft and Payroll experience during my tenure. The service that this hospital provides is phenomenal. Georgia Regional rehabilitates the physically and mentally challenged population. I take great pride in helping others, especially those who have short comings. Even though I work in HR as Payroll Specialist, I feel like I am contributing to society in helping others. I have a passion for helping people reach their potential. Compensating an employee for their hard work is a vital component to a successful life. My co-workers are outstanding. The hardest part about the job has been getting everyone onboard for the new Kronos timekeeping and attendance system. I was the spear head to over 1000 employees. Change can cause strife and difficulty sometimes but with a positive attitude and optimism, anything is possible. I enjoy a good challenge. We are now live with Kronos. It is a great success story. This experience has prepared me for my next phase in life. I seek even more challenging opportunities and wonderful experiences in life!
Not good..
Registered Nurse, Admissions, Acute Care (Former Employee), Decatur, GaJanuary 21, 2015
This was not a good fit for me. I did not like working here. I would NOT reccomend this place to anyone.
Nice hospital to work for
Charge Nurse=Forensic Secure II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Great hospital. Excellent team work and pleasant work enviroment,
Average Low paying state job.
Activity Therapist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 8, 2015
No autonomy, poor management, but great benefits. Working with the clients is rewarding, working with management is probably the hardest part of the job. Management doesn't think things through and implement things that are not beneficial to individuals.
A place to work...
Activity Therapy Leader / Forensic Service Tech (Current Employee), Decatur, GADecember 31, 2014
I really enjoy being an asset the mental health population.
Good Learning Envronment
Program Assistant/ Patient Accounts Department (Current Employee), Decatur, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: holiday's off
A typical day at work is very fast paced and busy. This job has taught me how to deal with difficult people and situations. The management is okay for the most part. The hardest part of the job is working under pressure and lots of stress. The most enjoyable part for me is talking with the Clients. I love to help people so my interaction with the clients brings me lots of happiness and joy.
typical day at work
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee), atlanta gaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: chapel and prayer services, support care to medical staff
Cons: vacations, conferences
The most important aspect of my job was to provide pastoral care
and counseling to the Patients, Families and Supportive Staff in that institutional setting. It is essential to go beyond the call of duty and be
fully there with listening ear and in as well with a heart full of compassion and care for the needs of that moment.
My day usually started with Staff report and Units situational assessment from the Head Nurse or Medical Team Co-ordinator ,s
briefings on the previous night with the Patients or Clients. Mostly
the day might be prolonged as a result of bio-medical ethic consultation with the medical staff, family and pastoral care teams
on certain medical ethical issues.
Mostly, to be professional there, when and where you are needed
and provide the necessary pastoral care and counseling to those who are going through traumatic experience in their earthly conditions. I am required to visit at least 10 Patients or Clients in
a day, built rapport with them and made myself accessible to and for their needs. Confidentiality and trustworthiness are important tools for my day to day interaction with the patients and the families at the setting.
Productive place to work
Forensic Service Tech (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: would have dangerous people to observe
laid back atmospehere learned how to become more detailed oriented.
not a good workplace for me
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Gracewood, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: growth or change
Cons: management
I really didn't enjoy working at this job the employees I worked with were disrespectful
Productive Workplace
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GANovember 2, 2014
Georgia Regional taught me a lot about the Mental Health population
it's a mental hospital
Maintenance (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: working for the state
Cons: working for the state
Great small place to work, but working for the state is a pro and a con. Low pay, job security, lots of time off, good benefits.
Productive and very busy and always helping and good teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GaOctober 20, 2014
Almost everyday was good we had good team work because everyone was helpful and some days was hard due to orders not orderd and shipments not on time so it put staff behind and upset the patients. But overall it is a great job helping people.
exciting and challenging
Health Service Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GaOctober 17, 2014
Moving constantly--great exercise for me. I helped admit a lot of patients at that hospital. Meeting new patients was quite exciting.
A learning experience with a fun place to work
Social Service Provider PRN (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
It is a fast paced, stress filled job with positive rewards in the end. It is the Social Worker's job to locate patients, and families, with community support and linkage.
encouraging
Dental Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: moved up to layaway supervisor
Cons: military move
My supervisor was always encouraging me to look for jobs in my field. I enjoyed working with all the staff at Kmart.
GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL - Okay
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 14, 2014
Okay to work if you have patient and need a okay paying job. You will not get in any trouble if you follow all protocols.
stressful department to work for (housekeeping)
Environmental services (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: sick time. leave time. paid holidays
Cons: no morale or comradorray with the department
I did not enjoy much about this job. My autistic son had a seizure and I was expected to leave him in the hospital and report to work.
Working with mental ill patients on the daily basis.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 6, 2014
I worked with mentally ill patients on the daily basis. My responsibilities were to speak with the patients and gain their demographics. I also worked in an office were there's doctors and nurses and communicating with them about the patients they're going to evaluate. I would receive a faxed patient referral from another hospital facility then complete the information onto our form, that form will then be placed in the medical doctor review box. After the doctor review the referral, I will then call the hospital facility where the patient is at the current time and inform the attending nurse if the patient is authorized or if the doctor needs more information before the patient could be transferred to Ga Regional Hospital.

1 2 3

About GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL

The hospital provides evaluation and treatment to clients needing care. The hospital's admitting office is a psychiatric emergency – Read more

GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSPITAL Salaries