Georgia Southern University Employee Review

View all Georgia Southern University reviews

Very relaxed tutoring environment.
MATHEMATICS TUTOR/TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me sitting in a computer lab of about 100 computers and students come in for help with mathematical concepts. I am required to know everything from College Algebra through Calculus 2, but I also know Intro Statistics & Calculus 3. I have learned many ways to bring others to a complete understanding. My coworkers & I work together if we are presented with a topic we may not be 100% sure of, but we all have the goal of helping the students. All of my coworkers are undergraduate & graduate students. I enjoyed seeing the smile on the student's face one the lightbulb went off in their head.
Pros
Relaxed environment for learning.
Cons
Limited Hours

Other Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Okay depending on how you work for them.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 16, 2018
I do not recommend working at any of their dining facilities. They do not provide any job advancement for students. They do give you a small pay raise depending on how many semesters you work.
Productive workplace
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Since it is and education human resource office, there was always new hires, and other work to be done. There was never a dull day. The environment is very professional and friendly. The best thing about the company was that I was able to start as a work student and stay on once that ended because of the level of work I did. Great place to work.