Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Good research experience
Researcher (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 20, 2015
Was not a paid position - this was undergraduate research. This was a good opportunity to gain fieldwork and lab work/microscopy experience as well as work with students with various areas of focus in Biology.
Budget Analyst II (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: low salaries
Georgia Southern University is a great place to work. I have worked at Georgia Southern for 23 years. It is easy to balance personal life with work expectations. A day at Georgia Southern is busy and sometimes hectic but at the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to lead one more student to the path of success. I love the people I work with. Going to work is not a task, it's a joy. We are family.
work with the student body
Information Clerk (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 12, 2015
Deal with student issues, answer questions about university, and also set up tours around the university. The hardest part about this job was going home, I loved to work there so overtime was always a good thing!
Great Place to work
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
Hard working coworkers and management is flexible with your schedule. Don't have to work on weekends. Request off days easily
A normal day as a transportation associate
TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 6, 2015
This part-time job had a relaxed environment. After clocking in and gathering all my equipment for my shift, I leave for my assigned area to ticket vehicles.
Good job for a student in college who doesn't have too many financial responsibilities and doesn't mind some hard work
Housing Facilities, Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches from time to time
Cons: Management can be a bit overbearing sometimes
Overall a good place to gain experience different areas of expertise. They pay is good for a college student especially with the relatively low cost of living in Statesboro, GA. Management can be very overbearing and controlling. Management do not really listen to the student workers opinions. Student workers are forced to go to meetings that don't really apply to them. Student workers also aren't given any recognition for their good work. Student workers were allowed to take advantage of the appreciation lunches provided for the staff from time to time.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 18, 2015
Exceptional at taking care of student teachers. Pays tuition and also provides a stipend. Typical day included answering questions about class taught and holding open lab hours for other students to study.
Great job for students.
Office of the Registrar Office Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 17, 2015
This was a great place to work. The hours were flexible with your school schedule and my supervisor was very nice. It gives you a great deal of experience with customer service because the Registrar's Office is one of, if not the, busiest offices on campus.
Great experience while in college
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to teach my peers about health and how to properly exercise. Also the benefits were good! Who wouldn't want their tuition paid for?!
Enjoyed the employees and consumers.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 10, 2015
Great job. Loved everyone there. Enjoyed the experience I had to learn at the center. I was able to use my secretarial/clerical/bookkeeping/accounting skills.
It's a nice environment to work in
Cook (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch card
Cons: healthcare
Georgia Southern was a good place to work because I loved for people to ear and enjoy my food. I met new people everyday and it was amazing how attached people listened to me and looked up to me.
Fun and Enjoyable Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Hands on lab experience, effective communication, very comfortable environment, management worked very well, flexible hours, amazing students
Cons: Low stipend salary, co-workers at times, little to no insurance, work experience limited
I would have to say that this, by far, was the most rewarding experience I've had to date in my career. I typically would be scheduled at manageable shifts and learned effective time management. A lot of valuable human interaction was gained in the form of working with students and helping as much as possible. I also received a lot of communication with faculty and staff members to help make the learning environment an enjoyable one.

On the job, I was able to observe and learn how to work with different types of people based on their personality. With that gained knowledge and observance, I effectively learned how to make the work environment better for myself and hopefully everyone else.

Overall it was a very fun and enjoyable experience that I would love another opportunity to do if I further my education.
Great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 11, 2015
Enjoyed the work that was done and felt I got valuable experience. Both my job specific duties along with supplemental ones have made me feel even more prepared for my next employment opportunity.
Summary
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Quick Turnaround
Cons: No Pay
1. Typical Day
Phone calls and paperwork to find resources.
2. What was Learned
Development of business plans and financial skills
3. Coworkers
Hard working, good people.
4. Hardest part
Time consuming
5. Enjoyable part
Developing solutions for small businesses
Great workplace and fantastic faculty
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: management, hours
Georgia Southern has a great small scale feel. Through my years of tutoring and time as a GA, I can honestly say that I would do it over again if I had to. The money isn't great, but it's very good to live in Statesboro.

I learned a lot about how to communicate with adults, and instruct them through physics and mathematics concepts. The management was very great, and always helpful if time was needed off.

The worst part about tutoring is sometimes being the only tutor capable of answering certain questions.
Good company to work for to get your skills up
Software Developer (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 15, 2015
I've enjoyed building my skillset at while at Georgia Southern. I have had the opportunity to expand what I already knew and grow in what I didn't know
Great environment to study
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 14, 2015
Georgia southern university is a great place to work because the staff is nice and they provide a great learning environment.
Growing work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GaApril 12, 2015
Pros: You get the full experience of working in athletics
Cons: Professional Cliques
Georgia Southern Athletics is a decent place to work. Overall, the athletes are great and most of the the other support staff is wonderful; however there are politics and cliques that you will need to be aware of and avoid.
Enjoyable place to work. Campus was employee as well as student friendly always trying to enhance the employees experiences.
University Housing HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Statesboro,GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great work environment.
Cons: State pay
• Handle and maintain Workers Compensation
• Hiring and Termination Processes
• Maintenance of employee files
• Staff recognition and events coordinator
• Assist with additional departmental training and development
• Serve on Student Affairs committee for University employee events
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GaApril 6, 2015
Very professional place to work. From top management down to graduate assistants everyone is nice at the Office of the Provost at Georgia Southern University