Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews in United States

I don't want to leave a review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 27, 2016
I don't want to leave a review, but the site is forcing my hand.
I had a wonderful time at Georgia Southern. I don't want to leave, but I have to. I love the professors. The treat me like family- as well as other students too. I proud to say that I will always be a GA Southern Eagle!
Absolutely fantastic place to work as a student!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 14, 2016
Worked in the chemistry department and absolutely loved it! Everyone was super nice and it really helped to get your foot in the door for job experience.
Pros
Fun, You learn a lot, everyone is super nice
Cons
Poor pay, no benifits.
Maintain HVAC control equipment and Fire alarm control equipment
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 24, 2016
Normal day to day operations consist of monitoring building operations on Metasys. Trouble shooting HVAC control equipment, and making necessary repairs. Keeping up with preventative maintenance schedules on both HVAC control equipment and building fire alarm systems.
Frinedly Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 18, 2016
As an educational institute, they are very organized about the curriculum. The instructors are down to earth and always ready to help students with their problems.
Student media
Georgia Southern Student Media (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 3, 2016
Excellent place to work in the student media. Great experience for anyone in sales or looking to be marketing. Great staff their as well.
Productive days
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day working at GSU was very productive. I picked up many qualities that shape me into a wonderful person to work alongside. Most of the managers were amazing. The downside of management was it was so many that I did not get to build business-personal relationships with them all. Co-workers were great and we perfected teamwork. The hardest part of the job was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hard together to deliver a wonderful service.
Pros
Food, New Relationships
Cons
STATISTICAL CONSULTANT AND TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant at Georgia Southern University. I also liked helping students by clarifying their confusions and assisting professors with their research.
Nursing School
Observe Nurses (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2016
helpful teachers
Teamwork among students
Heavy learning content

Helped make connections to material taught and our experiences in the hospital
Really the large scale, small feel vibe that they promote
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time as an employee and a student at Georgia Southern University. It was an establishment where people valued and encouraged sharing your opinion. I would recommend anyone to attend school or start employment here.
Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Great University that I learned a lot in. The college of engineering is growing rapidly and getting great exposure to several different areas.
Very Productive and Fun loving workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Extremely good atmosphere for students, productive and job loving people. Good to work with this organization. The staff is very supportive and helpful. There is a lot opportunity to learn and apply your abilities. In nutshell - good !
Pros
Supporting Staff
Cons
Hot Climate
Enjoyable Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 3, 2015
Great work as an undergraduate student. Helped to develop my knowledge of engineering disciplines. Overall, the experience inculcated valuable truths that I use on a day to day basis.
Dietetic internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my experience as an Intern at Georgia Southern. I got the opportunity to work in various settings and with many different personality types. I am confident and ready to start a career in this field.
Loved this internship
Athletics Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for my alma mater and gaining experience in the sport business field. Great culture and a great staff to work around. I never felt like I was at work. I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Awesome culture
Auditor III (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 26, 2015
GSU is a great place to work. The campus is amazing and the job was fulfilling. I was encouraged and allowed to receive continuation education classes and attend conferences. I was taught new ways of organizing and completing audits which helped me in my report writing. My manager was of solid character and was a source of support.
Pros
College campus, friendly people
Cons
The office building was a temporary building with cramped offices.
Comfortable Working Environment
Community Leader and Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 13, 2015
Living around my residents helped in the overall community environment.
Being a leader for residents at the Residence Hall
Creating an environment where residents feel safe and at home
Ensuring the well-being of each student (in a genuine way)
Connecting residents with similar interests through intentional interactions
Enforce University Housing and Student Code of Conduct policies
Be a first responder during emergency situations
Act as a liaison between the residents and University Housing.
On active duty, Complete the rounds to check on residents and complete the duty log
An Ok Temporary Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 11, 2015
The Dining Commons is an ok place to work, but not the best. The pay is poor compared to the amount of work being done, they are consistent in being understaffed, and they are unorganized.
Pros
Slightly affordable meal plan
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, inconsistent
Tutoring
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting student athletes in their studies. I cherished the relationship I developed with my students. It was a beneficial and interactive way to not only teach my students but to keep my knowledge and information fresh.
Collaborative and Challenging
Graduate Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 6, 2015
The teachers and students work together to perform research. Students are challenged to think outside of the box. You will often find students working in the lobby or computer lab helping to complete projects. The student association host various events to keep students engaged socially.
Good and bad perks!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2015
Overall this company was ok. You do have the opportunity to move up in management but the communication between supervisors is horrible. They contradict themselves when it comes to what you can and what you cannot do.

4.4