Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: no raises
Enjoyed interacting with the public at the Welcome Center. Management was awesome. I spent 16 years there. I loved my position. Never a dull moment. Answering the phone for the University was exciting.
Decent
Administrative Assistant Work Study (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 2, 2015
When I worked I butted heads with a new employee but it was personal not work related. Very flexible with schedule. Strong personalities.
good
Mathematics tutor (Former Employee), statesboro, gaFebruary 28, 2015
great place to work and there is nothing difficult about the atmosphere. as long as you are able to keep up with deadlines you will be fine here
Fantastic place to work,
Server (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: not much movment.
Working at GSU is a dreams. To be frank everything is explained, clear and precise. A person's job and expectations are clear and easy to understand without a whole bunch of this or that. The people one works with are professional and helpful and not just the management. A person is placed to their strengths and even listened to when they have an idea to improve within an area. Additionally showing an interest in other areas in encouraged. I loved working there.
Division I Athletics
Athletic Director's Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Working at GSU was a wonderful experience. I learned so much about running and operating a division I program in the NCAA. As an athlete at Georgia Southern for five years you don't see what happens behind the scenes to make your experience what it is. By being our AD's personal assistant I got to experience what it was like and how things work. I assisted in the planning of meetings and events. I also worked extensively with computers and Microsoft programs that I had not previously had the chance to do. I loved working behind the scenes because I knew it was benefiting the athletes at our wonderful university and that made my job very enjoyable.
Well managed and a productive workplace
Custodian1/ Team Leader (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: clean atmosphere
Cons: no cons
A typical workday at Georgia Southern University requires you to be a hardworker and to always have a smile on your face. I've learned many things here. I learned how to operate different types of cleaning equipment and how to manage a group of more than five coworker. There's no hard part about the job i currently possess. The most enjoyable part of it is that I get to converse with a diverse group of individuals.
Great place to work because of location
Student Technician (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: close to campus, good expearence.
Cons: minumum wage, no advacement possible.
I really enjoyed working there. This was as student position so the maximum salary was minimum wage. Great interpersonal relations, and a relaxed environment. They would always work with me on my schedule if I needed.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 31, 2015
The staff is great and everyone works as a team to make sure that things are getting done. Professors are extremely flexible and willing to help guide you to gain the maximum result from yourself and the students
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: work life balance was great, they worked my schedule around my classes
Cons: management not all on the same page
Laid back workplace, very involved with the campus and students.
Come in at 10:00 a.m. to open the store and set up, serve customers, I would have a 30 minute to an hour break (depending on how many hours I worked that day), start pre-cleaning a half hour before closing.
Productive workplace where everyone was friendly and helpful.
Ticket Officer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work started and ended with handing out tickets all over the Georgia Southern campus. We wrote tickets for all types of traffic violations and booted individuals that needed to pay their tickets. I learned a lot about how to deal with all types of people. I learned control in all situations and how to handle every person n a calm productive way. Everyone that I worked with looks out for one another and ensured that no officer was in a situation they couldn't get out of. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job is just enforcing the rules. Without rules there is chaos and although many people didn't appreciate what I did which made the job difficult, I felt as if i was doing a service for the individuals that were doing the right but the rules of the parking office.
simple
Lifeguard Team Leader (Former Employee), statsboro gaDecember 25, 2014
Our shifts were only about two hours long each to help work around school schedules. There were monthly meetings held to ensure communication of any updates. Not very hands on and no real benefits involved. Very simple to keep up with roles responsibilities. There is a lot of turn over as well since most employees are college students.
Great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 4, 2014
At my unit, the management was easy going, and attentive to the needs and skills of the team. Everyone had responsibility and everyone was held accountable for their actions.

Honestly the most difficult part of the day was just dealing with customers, but then again, they are mostly incoming college students, On the other hand, some customers make your day easier, just by being themselves.
A productive and educational environment
Team Leader, Software Engineering (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 25, 2014
As this project was done in school, a typical day involved going to classes. Every week the team would meet and discuss where the project was and where it would need to be for the upcoming week. By the end of the project we had learned to work as a team and create something with many different parts into a single program.
Loved working in a college environment.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great environment and great teamwork.
Cons: was not paid enough.
Worked with project managers. Involved in bid processes in building structures. Interesting work.
A place where you can receive great learning experince
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: meeting new challenges, good learning environment
Cons: frequent management turnover
Good place to work at times, .good co-workers Hardest part of job was trying to reach everyone's temp. comfort zone.Most enjoyable part, very professional co-workes
Steady work place takes a long time to advance.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: work life, work environment
Cons: slow advancement
Assign and supervise staff.
Make major decisions promptly and effectively.
Train staff to adhere to proper safety guidelines per regulations and ensure regulations are followed once training is completed.
Attend meetings to discuss the most efficient processes for completing multiple tasks at an event.
Transport equipment in company vehicles such as box trucks, vans, and trucks to and from events.
Pick up orders from warehouse turn in documents that correspond with orders to management. Sign for truck orders and stock deliveries in stockroom.
Performed maintenance on company equipment which included disassembling, cleaning, diagnosing and fixing all problems when appropriate, and collaborating with mechanical technicians on major repairs.
Hardest part of the job is other employees not taking responsibilty for mistakes, which envokes new policies for everyone to follow.
Perfect employer for full time students
University Store Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: worked around student class schedule
I worked in the receiving department of the University Store for Georgia Southern University for 2 years. As a part-time employee I received and recorded all items and documentation delivered to the establishment. This ranged from student textbooks to school apparel and novelties. I also shipped out returns and accounted for supplies and material in the store's inventory.

While on campus, when I wasn't in class, I would be working at the University Store. This created a healthy balance for myself.

The best part about this job was that it was a low-stress job that consistently provided for me throughout my continued education. The management worked in unison to provide fair opportunities for their employees. They gave responsibility to those who worked for it, and gave everyone a chance to succeed.
Productive, Fun environment to work in
Raffle Vendor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fundrasing, fun working in college atmosphere
I worked as a 50/50 raffle vendor at all Georgia Southern Athletic events. I sold raffle tickets at GSU sporting events to help fund athletic scholarships. Effectively communicated and interacted with customers to increase sales. One responsibility during the job was to securely handle money transactions.
Productive, busy atmosphere with a warm staff.
Administrative Assistant, Office of the Provost (Former Employee), Statesboro GeorgiaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons: pay
Although intimidating at first, I grew to love working for Georgia Southern . The staff in the Provost Office were very warm and inviting from the beginning of my experience. I was able to learn how to work in a top-bottom management system. The hardest part of the job were the times when there were multiple deadlines coinciding with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was the calm and relief that followed completing a tedious project.
Productive and Great people
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 3, 2014
Set up shop, count safe and registers did inventory assist customers and shift leader lead 16 employees made schedules and set interviews

1 2 3 4 5