Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Hard working individual. Get along with others very well
Teaching Assistant, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 18, 2014
Dedicated, hard working and pay attention to details. Quick learner and able to work on multiple projects. Easy to deal with others.
Great place to receive your education
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 7, 2014
Classes were fantastic and there were many things to do when you had down time outside of class. I was in the College of Liberal Arts and I focused on Management and Marketing. Couldn't have asked for a better 5 years. I learned so many things and I would suggest attending this university to anyone looking to get a degree.
Great boss who motivates you daily
Turf Care (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 23, 2014
Fun and exciting company to work for.
As a member of CRI, you are constantly meeting fellow employees and there is a sense of family within this division of the universities work force.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 8, 2014
Overall it is a good work environment and I like being able to work closely with the faculty/professors. They have a lot of good experience and wisdom that is very beneficial. Also it is a very good job that will work around your class schedule and course load demand during the year.
Institional Student
Student Assistant- Office of Student Fees (Former Employee), StatesboroMarch 4, 2014
Working as a student at Georgia Southern is great opportunity for students to prepare for "real world" experiences with the balance of life or any other activities.
Pleasant place to work
Work-Study Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 20, 2014
It was a rather relaxed workplace, and as long as everything was done, my supervisor was lax on how I spent my time.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 19, 2014
As a graduate assistant I :

Performed data entry and simple statistical tests using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science).

Conducted research on projects requested by faculty members of the Nursing School.
Great place to learn as a studnet
Organic Chemistry Research Student (Current Employee), Statesboro, GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2014
As a student, I was able to have a part-time job, do research and go to class. My job as a research student was volunteer and I was able to set my own hours.
RA
Unemployed, actively looking (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 1, 2014
Provided leadership for a community of approximately 35-55 students within their residential building and knew all residents by name within the first 30 days of each semester.
Engaged in intentional conversations with residents related to the Campus Living & Learning core values.
Assisted in mediating roommate conflicts
Communicated with the Resident – more... Director(s) regarding any issues about a student welfare concern (unusual absence, roommate conflicts, etc.) and students who may be emotionally or physically at risk (depression, unusual behavior, etc)
Supported academic initiatives and engaged in academic programs or events within their residential community.
Reported policy violations to the Resident Director(s).
Upheld all standards for resident safety
Participated in regular on call coverage for their residential community when the residence halls were open.
Participated in the check-in and checkout procedures of residents.
Participated in the processing of paperwork (i.e., room changes, room damages and incident reports).
Assisted with departmental trainings, conferences or other events.
Answered calls and questions from parents, students, and guest.
Type up forms, flyers, and posters via Microsoft Office Suite. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
TEACHERS ASSISTANT FOR NURSING LAB (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I worked as a chemistry lab teachers assistant. The job provided me with a unique opportunity to take what I had learned from my major and apply it through helping other students. The job also provided more time to analyze experiments I had already worked on in the past. The people I worked with were intelligent and shared work experience as well as – more... help with the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to work with my colleagues and help others. – less
Tele-counselor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GaJanuary 13, 2014
Phone calls in the evening by college students trying to contact high schoo prospective students. Fun environment.
Great opportunity for me; enjoyable work and environment.
Programmer I (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2014
I worked under Ron Stalnaker for Enterprise Application Services. GSU is pretty serious about keeping up with technology, something that is rare for most colleges. I had interesting projects that actually affected students' lives - plenty of job satisfaction there! My coworkers were great. The environment was a little slow-paced but not overly so.
Great place
Wellness Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 18, 2013
Student clinical job. Great school and great employment. Enjoyed my time there.
Cater to the customers
Treasurer of Justice Studies Club (Former Employee), Statesboro, GaDecember 2, 2013
Pros: you stay busy
Cons: short lunch breaks, sent home if the business was slow
It was some good days and bad days. We had to help each other balance things out and just make sure we was able to work together as a team.
Great Atmosphere, but no chance of advancement
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 2, 2013
I really enjoy working at Georgia Southern University, but it is hard to get an advancement from a casual laborer to a full time employee.
POOR
DELIVERY DRIVER/SUPERVISOR, VENDING (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 20, 2013
LOW PAY ,NO RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES,NO JOB SECURITY,BLAH BLAH BLAH
decent place
Temporary custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro,GANovember 20, 2013
Managers and supervisors are helpful. Advancement is possibly at the job.
Technical Support, Business & Finance and ResNet (Current Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 13, 2013
Typically, we go on tickets to help students and staff members. I learned many things about networking, and social responsibilities. My manager was sub-par and I learned much from this. My co-workers were fun to hang out with. The hardest part of my job is the time constraints.
Great job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 7, 2013
I love this job and my boss. Great pay and hours for the work required.
Stable Place to Work - Hard to Advance
Payroll Assistant II (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 1, 2013
Great place to work if you are not looking for much advancement opportunities.

1 2 3 4