Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

STATISTICAL CONSULTANT AND TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant at Georgia Southern University. I also liked helping students by clarifying their confusions and assisting professors with their research.
Nursing School
Observe Nurses (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2016
helpful teachers
Teamwork among students
Heavy learning content

Helped make connections to material taught and our experiences in the hospital
Really the large scale, small feel vibe that they promote
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time as an employee and a student at Georgia Southern University. It was an establishment where people valued and encouraged sharing your opinion. I would recommend anyone to attend school or start employment here.
Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Great University that I learned a lot in. The college of engineering is growing rapidly and getting great exposure to several different areas.
Very Productive and Fun loving workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Extremely good atmosphere for students, productive and job loving people. Good to work with this organization. The staff is very supportive and helpful. There is a lot opportunity to learn and apply your abilities. In nutshell - good !
Pros
Supporting Staff
Cons
Hot Climate
Enjoyable Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 3, 2015
Great work as an undergraduate student. Helped to develop my knowledge of engineering disciplines. Overall, the experience inculcated valuable truths that I use on a day to day basis.
Dietetic internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my experience as an Intern at Georgia Southern. I got the opportunity to work in various settings and with many different personality types. I am confident and ready to start a career in this field.
Loved this internship
Athletics Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for my alma mater and gaining experience in the sport business field. Great culture and a great staff to work around. I never felt like I was at work. I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Awesome culture
Auditor III (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 26, 2015
GSU is a great place to work. The campus is amazing and the job was fulfilling. I was encouraged and allowed to receive continuation education classes and attend conferences. I was taught new ways of organizing and completing audits which helped me in my report writing. My manager was of solid character and was a source of support.
Pros
College campus, friendly people
Cons
The office building was a temporary building with cramped offices.
Comfortable Working Environment
Community Leader and Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 13, 2015
Living around my residents helped in the overall community environment.
Being a leader for residents at the Residence Hall
Creating an environment where residents feel safe and at home
Ensuring the well-being of each student (in a genuine way)
Connecting residents with similar interests through intentional interactions
Enforce University Housing and Student Code of Conduct policies
Be a first responder during emergency situations
Act as a liaison between the residents and University Housing.
On active duty, Complete the rounds to check on residents and complete the duty log
An Ok Temporary Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 11, 2015
The Dining Commons is an ok place to work, but not the best. The pay is poor compared to the amount of work being done, they are consistent in being understaffed, and they are unorganized.
Pros
Slightly affordable meal plan
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, inconsistent
Tutoring
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting student athletes in their studies. I cherished the relationship I developed with my students. It was a beneficial and interactive way to not only teach my students but to keep my knowledge and information fresh.
Collaborative and Challenging
Graduate Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 6, 2015
The teachers and students work together to perform research. Students are challenged to think outside of the box. You will often find students working in the lobby or computer lab helping to complete projects. The student association host various events to keep students engaged socially.
Good and bad perks!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2015
Overall this company was ok. You do have the opportunity to move up in management but the communication between supervisors is horrible. They contradict themselves when it comes to what you can and what you cannot do.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2015
Worked 20 hours per week which was a requirement for the position while enrolled for MBA courses. I enjoyed having the freedom to work on projects related to my degree and expanding my horizons. Overall, I enjoyed my work but departmental problems with faculty and staff sometimes made things uncomfortable.
Pros
Great opportunities to advance educational experience.
Cons
In house politics could make working environment uncomfortable.
Great environment with productive staff.
Senior Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 4, 2015
Fun and diverse environment. Focused on teamwork and staff bonding activities. Communication and leadership skills were key to success. If you did not have those skills before the job, they were developed as you moved through the year.
Pros
Great environment, Opportunities from guest speakers, Improve communicative and leadership skills
Cons
Barely any salary, Difficult time management
Good research experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 20, 2015
Was not a paid position - this was undergraduate research. This was a good opportunity to gain fieldwork and lab work/microscopy experience as well as work with students with various areas of focus in Biology.
Budget Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 16, 2015
Georgia Southern University is a great place to work. I have worked at Georgia Southern for 23 years. It is easy to balance personal life with work expectations. A day at Georgia Southern is busy and sometimes hectic but at the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to lead one more student to the path of success. I love the people I work with. Going to work is not a task, it's a joy. We are family.
Pros
work environment
Cons
low salaries
work with the student body
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 12, 2015
Deal with student issues, answer questions about university, and also set up tours around the university. The hardest part about this job was going home, I loved to work there so overtime was always a good thing!
Great Place to work
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
Hard working coworkers and management is flexible with your schedule. Don't have to work on weekends. Request off days easily

4.4