Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Veteran Services - Registrar's Office
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 7, 2014
Working in Veteran Services at Georgia Southern University, I deal with alot of veterans and their dependents. I help them with the process of using their education benefits or transferring their benefits to their dependents.
Very relaxed tutoring environment.
MATHEMATICS TUTOR/TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment for learning.
Cons: limited hours
A typical day at work consists of me sitting in a computer lab of about 100 computers and students come in for help with mathematical concepts. I am required to know everything from College Algebra through Calculus 2, but I also know Intro Statistics & Calculus 3. I have learned many ways to bring others to a complete understanding. My coworkers & I – more... work together if we are presented with a topic we may not be 100% sure of, but we all have the goal of helping the students. All of my coworkers are undergraduate & graduate students. I enjoyed seeing the smile on the student's face one the lightbulb went off in their head. – less
interesting
Custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
This is a good company to work for. you can find security in this job.
Mrs. K is amazing!!!!!
Talons Grille (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 10, 2014
Great job working at Henderson Library. as a student I was able to work and get all of my work done everyday.
School oriented and schedule friendly
Student Technician (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
Pros: breaks and weekends off.
Cons: time allowed to work.
Working for Georgia Southern as a student is the best decision a full-time student can make. They are student and class schedule friendly and make sure that you are still able to have a college career. You are limited to the amount of hours you can work but it is beneficial when it comes to getting your degree. I would recommend any student to find – more... an on-campus job. – less
Great professors to work for
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
I assisted the Human Resources professors in conducting research. They really pushed me to understand the methodology behind what they were doing, and what it would mean if their hypothesis was correct. It was an enjoyable experience, as the professors were eager to help me not only with their research, but also with any difficulties I may have had – more... in my Master's level courses. – less
Civilized workplace
Dining Services/ Custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro,GaJune 5, 2014
Pros: eat free
Cons: chain of command
Work was easy just long hours.
Learned how important it is to have a good appearance.
Management needs a lot of work because the chain of command is off.
The most enjoyable part about working there u eat free.
Excellent
English Composition Instructor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 19, 2014
Great place to work. Not enough job security. Town is too small.
Great Job
Georgia Southern Media Guide (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 14, 2014
Great experience. if you start on your work early its easy but if you fall behind work can get time consuming.
Research work in mechatronics
Research Assistant - Mechatronics (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 13, 2014
This work was voluntarily carried out to research the capabilities of a mobile phone integrated with the increasingly popular Arduino MCUs. Typical prototyping work was independently carried out, and would result in late hours after class sifting through lines of codes or with a multimeter checking for correct wiring. I was overseen by a professor, – more... who urged me to keep relevant logs and a record of all software versions to ensure stability. The work had a steep learning curve and much of the material, such as developing in Java, was new and had never been formally learned. The work was very rewarding, opening up mechatronic system application ideas that I would like to pursue as a hobby or for industrial applications. – less
Fast paced environment with an enormous team of caring individuals
Student Financial Aid Asst. II (Current Employee), Statesboro, GaApril 24, 2014
Cons: no raises, no free parking, expensive health care
I verify incoming documents from the parents and students of the Georgia Southern University and award them as needed.

I also am efficient in adjusting the student loans by either reducing or adding additional funds to their budget as needed.

I answer incoming phone calls and discuss the students financial plan or any other issues involving financial – more... aid.

The most enjoyable part of my day and job as a whole I is defintely the interaction with people. I love working with people and meeting new people I think that in itself is an experience that helps shape and mold ones character.

The hardest part of my job I'd have to say is watching our work study students that we hire go throughout college and watching them leave. We are a close knit family here at Southern I would defintely encourage anyone to apply for a job there. – less
Hard working individual. Get along with others very well
Teaching Assistant, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 18, 2014
Dedicated, hard working and pay attention to details. Quick learner and able to work on multiple projects. Easy to deal with others.
Great place to receive your education
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 7, 2014
Classes were fantastic and there were many things to do when you had down time outside of class. I was in the College of Liberal Arts and I focused on Management and Marketing. Couldn't have asked for a better 5 years. I learned so many things and I would suggest attending this university to anyone looking to get a degree.
Great boss who motivates you daily
Turf Care (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 23, 2014
Fun and exciting company to work for.
As a member of CRI, you are constantly meeting fellow employees and there is a sense of family within this division of the universities work force.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 8, 2014
Overall it is a good work environment and I like being able to work closely with the faculty/professors. They have a lot of good experience and wisdom that is very beneficial. Also it is a very good job that will work around your class schedule and course load demand during the year.
Institional Student
Student Assistant- Office of Student Fees (Former Employee), StatesboroMarch 4, 2014
Working as a student at Georgia Southern is great opportunity for students to prepare for "real world" experiences with the balance of life or any other activities.
Pleasant place to work
Work-Study Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 20, 2014
It was a rather relaxed workplace, and as long as everything was done, my supervisor was lax on how I spent my time.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 19, 2014
As a graduate assistant I :

Performed data entry and simple statistical tests using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science).

Conducted research on projects requested by faculty members of the Nursing School.
Great place to learn as a studnet
Organic Chemistry Research Student (Current Employee), Statesboro, GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2014
As a student, I was able to have a part-time job, do research and go to class. My job as a research student was volunteer and I was able to set my own hours.
RA
Unemployed, actively looking (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 1, 2014
Provided leadership for a community of approximately 35-55 students within their residential building and knew all residents by name within the first 30 days of each semester.
Engaged in intentional conversations with residents related to the Campus Living & Learning core values.
Assisted in mediating roommate conflicts
Communicated with the Resident – more... Director(s) regarding any issues about a student welfare concern (unusual absence, roommate conflicts, etc.) and students who may be emotionally or physically at risk (depression, unusual behavior, etc)
Supported academic initiatives and engaged in academic programs or events within their residential community.
Reported policy violations to the Resident Director(s).
Upheld all standards for resident safety
Participated in regular on call coverage for their residential community when the residence halls were open.
Participated in the check-in and checkout procedures of residents.
Participated in the processing of paperwork (i.e., room changes, room damages and incident reports).
Assisted with departmental trainings, conferences or other events.
Answered calls and questions from parents, students, and guest.
Type up forms, flyers, and posters via Microsoft Office Suite. – less