Georgia Southern University Employee Review

View all Georgia Southern University reviews

Productive and great place to work
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 18, 2014
I was fortunate to work in two different departments in the University Housing Department of Georgia Southern University, I began the summer working as a cleaning assistant and ended the summer working as a member of the linen crew which allowed me to work more closely with various other departments of the University Housing department. A typical day at work starts at eight a.m in freshman dorms. Depending on where I was assigned for the week I would either deep clean the dorm or make a linen sets for parents of new-coming freshman. To be frank, some days on the job were difficult but my co-workers and I learned how to deal with whatever challenges came our way. The hardest part of the job was coming into contact with rooms that were disagreeable in appearance, but the most enjoyable part of the job were being able to form friendships with co-workers and having friends to help you get through the rough times and the bad days that we encountered. Overall, I enjoyed working for Georgia Southern University and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Other Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Networking Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I was an intern that worked during the summer semester. The campus is beautiful. The employees are friendly and nice. I learned a lot and would love to work there full-time.
Pros
Eating facilities on campus
Cons
None that I can think of.
Will protect and benefit racists
LIBRARY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Georgia Southern is a racist work environment that works to keep black employees at the low level of jobs. Options for development and advancement are rarely given and black employees are often asked to perform a disproportionate of work compared to white ones. The HR department will throw black employees under the bus to avoid a scandal.