Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Good place to retire.
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Not the place to start a career for advancement. After five years of being the only one who new my job I was not qualified to supervise myself. In fact they rehired a previous employee that I had trained to be my supervisor for which I had to retrain him to tell me what to do. Basically wait until your older and ready to settle down before you work at this job. Oh and don't expect management to help they they're all waiting to retire.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no advancement ...ever
fun place to work
Matrix Laborartory and C++ Lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 12, 2017
I learnt how to lead a class group and guide them towards the right path, the professors are always willing and ready to assist the students as well in every area
IT Intern
Technical Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I support technology within the campus. I was a student intern while attending college there. I had a fun time learning and my experience there helped me when I accepted my first full-time position.
Overall a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Great work life balance. Job security is definite. Compensation is lacking. Management can be improved. Overall a good place to work.
Nice people to work with
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 24, 2017
My typical day at work was making copies for teachers and sorting mail. I assisted any needs by teachers and visitors. The most enjoyable part was meeting the teachers needs in a timely manner because they would be so happy.
its pretty good
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 23, 2017
It's a great place to work, very homey atmosphere, everyone knows everyone. They do believe in hard honest work which is not bypassed or overlooked
Graduate School and Work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Working as a graduate assistant is both hectic and rewarding. You get to work in an atmosphere that allows for you to help undergraduate students learn as you learn from the professionals. My co-workers are great and the bosses are always encouraging. I love my job!
Pros
Getting to work in the college system, traveling
Good
STUDENT MEDIA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoy the facility and the prostaff. There is so much to learn while working here and they go above and beyond to make the job enjoyable and fun.
An excercise in pateince
Custodial Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Generally fine from day to day, but during special projects things would be highly disorganized and extremely stressful. Coworkers tended to complain a lot, souring the experience. Eventually it became a chore to simply complete the day's activities due to over-complication of procedures. Upper management paid little heed to the concerns of the staff beneath them. My direct supervisor did her best to ease the burden and maintain a positive attitude, but even she was generally exasperated with the upper management. Overall, not an experience I remember fondly.
Pros
Short commute, sufficient pay to meet all my needs, some friendly faces
Cons
Disorganization, stressful working conditions, pervasive negativity from most coworkers
Productive and a Fun work place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 10, 2017
Georgia Southern was a very fun and productive place to work. My co-workers where very interesting,because some of them where students and came from different countries.What I've learned about this job how to manage my time. The hardest part of this job is when the college had visitors touring the school. Then they all came to the cafeteria. And we had to serve them. But management team made sure that it was well organized and ran smoothly. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the different diversity type of people that I meet and gladly served.
Pros
Variety of Food
Cons
Short of Staff

Want to know more about Georgia Southern University?

Ask a question
Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 30, 2016
They will spend a lot of time training you. Everyone is nice. I worked as a Community Assistant, a Community Leader, and a Student-Athlete Mentor and Tutor.
A day at work
Student Officer (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 16, 2016
A typical day work consisted of running the cash register and interacting with customers on a daily basis. The management at this job could have been better. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in your own space and not having someone over your shoulder all of the time.
Great Place to work.
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 15, 2016
I love working at the Russell Union. It is a fun and energetic place to be and I have some of the best coordinators to work with. Getting hours and balancing that with my school work is great. The school does a good job to make sure that academics come first not the other way around.
fun and productive
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 12, 2016
Great staff and facility. Some of the best people I've worked with. Hardest part is closing but there are many pros to being apart of Georgia Southern's staff.
Pros
free kunch work with your schedule great people
Cons
only 20 hours if youre a student
Mostly the same as Chick Fil-A's
Gus Mart Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 30, 2016
As stated before with the previous establishment, Chick Fil-A, this was another job on Georgia Southern's campus and had a similarly professional and friendly, yet very active atmosphere.
Pros
long breaks, friendly staff, friendly management
Cons
no room for advancement, low pay
Nice place for students
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 17, 2016
working with data (collecting, cleaning, analysing, reporting)
using Excel, R, SAS, various survey generation platforms.
Working with different departments within university to come up with data-driven decisions.
Productive and student oriented
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 7, 2016
It is a student oriented university. All faculty members are very dedicated to their work and work together for the overall progress of students. The work environment is very productive and pressure free.
They expect a lot and give little in return.
Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 14, 2016
The university was undergoing a period of tremendous change both in leadership and taking on new initiatives. It never really grasped the necessary planning an resources necessary to operate a for profit public business. Our department refused to to follow through on proposed initiatives to partner with the business college and collaborate with their small business startup team, mostly out of obstinance. A year after leaving the $6 million dollar center sits almost empty on a daily basis.
Pros
Great idea that could have become a model for universities nationwide.
Cons
Lowballing financial and resource requirements has turned the facility into a white elephant.
Great environment for someone wanting to work in collegiate athletics
Athletic Ticket Office Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 4, 2016
I learned what goes on behind the scenes of a football game. I was shown the different jobs associated with the Georgia Southern University ticket office and how it encompasses the skills of marketing, customer service, and communication. Management was great and very helpful. The most enjoyable part was being able to ensure the guests/fans have a remarkable experience at our stadium.
Fine
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 27, 2016
I went in for about an hour and reinforced concepts. Learned how to teach with patience. Management was helpful in explaining job requirements. Hardest part was preparing for lessons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Southern University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4