Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Great University that I learned a lot in. The college of engineering is growing rapidly and getting great exposure to several different areas.
Dietetic internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my experience as an Intern at Georgia Southern. I got the opportunity to work in various settings and with many different personality types. I am confident and ready to start a career in this field.
Tutoring
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting student athletes in their studies. I cherished the relationship I developed with my students. It was a beneficial and interactive way to not only teach my students but to keep my knowledge and information fresh.
An Ok Temporary Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 11, 2015
The Dining Commons is an ok place to work, but not the best. The pay is poor compared to the amount of work being done, they are consistent in being understaffed, and they are unorganized.
Pros
Slightly affordable meal plan
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, inconsistent
Loved this internship
Athletics Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for my alma mater and gaining experience in the sport business field. Great culture and a great staff to work around. I never felt like I was at work. I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2015
Worked 20 hours per week which was a requirement for the position while enrolled for MBA courses. I enjoyed having the freedom to work on projects related to my degree and expanding my horizons. Overall, I enjoyed my work but departmental problems with faculty and staff sometimes made things uncomfortable.
Pros
Great opportunities to advance educational experience.
Cons
In house politics could make working environment uncomfortable.
Great environment with productive staff.
Senior Community Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 4, 2015
Fun and diverse environment. Focused on teamwork and staff bonding activities. Communication and leadership skills were key to success. If you did not have those skills before the job, they were developed as you moved through the year.
Pros
Great environment, Opportunities from guest speakers, Improve communicative and leadership skills
Cons
Barely any salary, Difficult time management
Collaborative and Challenging
Graduate Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 6, 2015
The teachers and students work together to perform research. Students are challenged to think outside of the box. You will often find students working in the lobby or computer lab helping to complete projects. The student association host various events to keep students engaged socially.
Budget Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 16, 2015
Georgia Southern University is a great place to work. I have worked at Georgia Southern for 23 years. It is easy to balance personal life with work expectations. A day at Georgia Southern is busy and sometimes hectic but at the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to lead one more student to the path of success. I love the people I work with. Going to work is not a task, it's a joy. We are family.
Pros
work environment
Cons
low salaries
Good job for a student in college who doesn't have too many financial responsibilities and doesn't mind some hard work
Housing Facilities, Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 5, 2015
Overall a good place to gain experience different areas of expertise. They pay is good for a college student especially with the relatively low cost of living in Statesboro, GA. Management can be very overbearing and controlling. Management do not really listen to the student workers opinions. Student workers are forced to go to meetings that don't really apply to them. Student workers also aren't given any recognition for their good work. Student workers were allowed to take advantage of the appreciation lunches provided for the staff from time to time.
Pros
Free Lunches from time to time
Cons
Management can be a bit overbearing sometimes

Want to know more about Georgia Southern University?

Ask a question
Great workplace and fantastic faculty
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 28, 2015
Georgia Southern has a great small scale feel. Through my years of tutoring and time as a GA, I can honestly say that I would do it over again if I had to. The money isn't great, but it's very good to live in Statesboro.

I learned a lot about how to communicate with adults, and instruct them through physics and mathematics concepts. The management was very great, and always helpful if time was needed off.

The worst part about tutoring is sometimes being the only tutor capable of answering certain questions.
Pros
management, hours
Good and bad perks!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 5, 2015
Overall this company was ok. You do have the opportunity to move up in management but the communication between supervisors is horrible. They contradict themselves when it comes to what you can and what you cannot do.
Great job for students.
Office of the Registrar Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 17, 2015
This was a great place to work. The hours were flexible with your school schedule and my supervisor was very nice. It gives you a great deal of experience with customer service because the Registrar's Office is one of, if not the, busiest offices on campus.
Enjoyable place to work. Campus was employee as well as student friendly always trying to enhance the employees experiences.
University Housing HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro,GAApril 7, 2015
• Handle and maintain Workers Compensation
• Hiring and Termination Processes
• Maintenance of employee files
• Staff recognition and events coordinator
• Assist with additional departmental training and development
• Serve on Student Affairs committee for University employee events
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
State pay
Good research experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 20, 2015
Was not a paid position - this was undergraduate research. This was a good opportunity to gain fieldwork and lab work/microscopy experience as well as work with students with various areas of focus in Biology.
work with the student body
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 12, 2015
Deal with student issues, answer questions about university, and also set up tours around the university. The hardest part about this job was going home, I loved to work there so overtime was always a good thing!
Lab Prep
Laboratory Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 26, 2015
This job was light work. This was originally a work study job that I was fortunately able to obtain. On average it was a five to eight hour work week. Typical day of work was cleaning the used supplies and restocking the materials need for the next class. Where you would set up for classes' labs. Management was nice. I did not have any coworkers. There was were no challenges with the job. Completion and know that the classes went smoothly because all of the need material was present in the classes was rewarding
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
Not many work hours
Summary
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 2, 2015
1. Typical Day
Phone calls and paperwork to find resources.
2. What was Learned
Development of business plans and financial skills
3. Coworkers
Hard working, good people.
4. Hardest part
Time consuming
5. Enjoyable part
Developing solutions for small businesses
Pros
Quick Turnaround
Cons
No Pay
Fantastic place to work,
Server (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Working at GSU is a dreams. To be frank everything is explained, clear and precise. A person's job and expectations are clear and easy to understand without a whole bunch of this or that. The people one works with are professional and helpful and not just the management. A person is placed to their strengths and even listened to when they have an idea to improve within an area. Additionally showing an interest in other areas in encouraged. I loved working there.
Cons
not much movment.
A normal day as a transportation associate
TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 6, 2015
This part-time job had a relaxed environment. After clocking in and gathering all my equipment for my shift, I leave for my assigned area to ticket vehicles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Southern University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4