Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Great place to learn as a studnet
Organic Chemistry Research Student (Current Employee), Statesboro, GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2014
As a student, I was able to have a part-time job, do research and go to class. My job as a research student was volunteer and I was able to set my own hours.
RA
Unemployed, actively looking (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 1, 2014
Provided leadership for a community of approximately 35-55 students within their residential building and knew all residents by name within the first 30 days of each semester.
Engaged in intentional conversations with residents related to the Campus Living & Learning core values.
Assisted in mediating roommate conflicts
Communicated with the Resident – more... Director(s) regarding any issues about a student welfare concern (unusual absence, roommate conflicts, etc.) and students who may be emotionally or physically at risk (depression, unusual behavior, etc)
Supported academic initiatives and engaged in academic programs or events within their residential community.
Reported policy violations to the Resident Director(s).
Upheld all standards for resident safety
Participated in regular on call coverage for their residential community when the residence halls were open.
Participated in the check-in and checkout procedures of residents.
Participated in the processing of paperwork (i.e., room changes, room damages and incident reports).
Assisted with departmental trainings, conferences or other events.
Answered calls and questions from parents, students, and guest.
Type up forms, flyers, and posters via Microsoft Office Suite. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
TEACHERS ASSISTANT FOR NURSING LAB (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I worked as a chemistry lab teachers assistant. The job provided me with a unique opportunity to take what I had learned from my major and apply it through helping other students. The job also provided more time to analyze experiments I had already worked on in the past. The people I worked with were intelligent and shared work experience as well as – more... help with the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to work with my colleagues and help others. – less
Tele-counselor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GaJanuary 13, 2014
Phone calls in the evening by college students trying to contact high schoo prospective students. Fun environment.
Great opportunity for me; enjoyable work and environment.
Programmer I (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2014
I worked under Ron Stalnaker for Enterprise Application Services. GSU is pretty serious about keeping up with technology, something that is rare for most colleges. I had interesting projects that actually affected students' lives - plenty of job satisfaction there! My coworkers were great. The environment was a little slow-paced but not overly so.
Great place
Wellness Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 18, 2013
Student clinical job. Great school and great employment. Enjoyed my time there.
Cater to the customers
Treasurer of Justice Studies Club (Former Employee), Statesboro, GaDecember 2, 2013
Pros: you stay busy
Cons: short lunch breaks, sent home if the business was slow
It was some good days and bad days. We had to help each other balance things out and just make sure we was able to work together as a team.
Great Atmosphere, but no chance of advancement
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 2, 2013
I really enjoy working at Georgia Southern University, but it is hard to get an advancement from a casual laborer to a full time employee.
POOR
DELIVERY DRIVER/SUPERVISOR, VENDING (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 20, 2013
LOW PAY ,NO RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES,NO JOB SECURITY,BLAH BLAH BLAH
decent place
Temporary custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro,GANovember 20, 2013
Managers and supervisors are helpful. Advancement is possibly at the job.
Technical Support, Business & Finance and ResNet (Current Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 13, 2013
Typically, we go on tickets to help students and staff members. I learned many things about networking, and social responsibilities. My manager was sub-par and I learned much from this. My co-workers were fun to hang out with. The hardest part of my job is the time constraints.
Great job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 7, 2013
I love this job and my boss. Great pay and hours for the work required.
Stable Place to Work - Hard to Advance
Payroll Assistant II (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 1, 2013
Great place to work if you are not looking for much advancement opportunities.
More fun than work
Part-time Instructor (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: accommodation
Cons: academic standards
A beautiful campus but lots of great amenities for the students. Treatment of faculty, especially part-time faculty, is insensitive. The management is more concerned about money than learning. Football is the passion. Academics, not so much. A good place to repeat high school and stay a child a bit longer. The scantrons are always buzzing.
good college
Teaching assistant in General Chemistry Laboratory (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2013
chemistry dept was very close-knit.
professors are top-notch.
GSU
Advisor of Zeta Tau Alpha (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 21, 2013
This is the school I went to.

I was the alum chapter president.
Workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: 1 hr lunch break, days off, free lunch
I enjoy the environment at GSU everyday that I worked there. They are very friendly and helpful at all times. Everyday out there was a new experience for me and I enjoyed every bit of it. I would love to work out here again someday. The hardest part of the job was just getting use to the bending and walking all day since I wasn't use to it.
Fun place to work
IT Technician/Student Worker (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 7, 2013
A very relaxed work place.
I learned how to install software, setup computers, image computers, troubleshoot/fix computer issues, and many other technical skills.
Visiting Instructor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAOctober 6, 2013
I enjoyed GSU but my contract was only for a year. The pay was a little low but considering the low cost of living in the area it wasn't too bad
hard physcial labor
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 27, 2013
My first job out of high school just no room for growth and I needed more