Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Good Job
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 20, 2017
I loved my job it was just a temporary job and while it gave me great experience I was not handled correctly at the end. If I had the chance to interview for my own job i would be giving a better review
Great place to begin my career
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 3, 2017
I had a good manager. The pay and benefits were poor. It was still a great place to get experience to move elsewhere. The work days were long and sometimes I had to work over night processing grades.
Pros
Discounted education, great starter organization
Cons
Long work hours, low pay
Overall: Great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 31, 2017
After graduation I worked for the university in a different department. Upper management could be different, but coworkers were great, very nice environment to work in. Staff cared about students, helpful to one another. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Cutthroat, backstabbing, good old boy environment
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 31, 2017
If you enjoy being backstabbed, undermined by management, mistreated after you put in more than your fair share of work, then GSU is for you. Knowledge and efficiency are not valued. Those who brown nose get promoted over those who actually have the skills and knowhow.
Helpful Place
Assistant Science & History Teacher (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 28, 2017
Working at Georgia Southern University was great. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. I would advise other's to apply for a position with this school.
Pros
flexible
Cons
menial work
Great internship opportunity
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 21, 2017
I worked for the Resnet as a student desktop technician while I was attending Georgia Southern University. Resnet is a great place to learn about desktop support for a strong foundation before going into infrastructure support.
Pros
I could ride my bike to work.
Cons
Pay was minimum wage.
Job Culture Made It Worth While
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 14, 2017
The overall work experience was good. Management made working there dreadful. The pay is consistent. However, due to the shift I worked and the constant change of work hours the work /life balance was terribly off.
Productive environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 8, 2017
Great, balanced and conducive work environment. The organization fostered diversity and cultural differences. There was an opportunity to grow and improve.
flexible after required input is completed
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 27, 2017
for faculty, once you teach your courses and hold office hours, you can often select how you and when you work the rest of your needed hours to accomplish committee work, course prep and research
good place to retire
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 23, 2017
easy but steady work being that some dormitories were worsr than others. The hardest part of the job is when the supervisors put people with u that dont work as hard as you!
Rewarding job in the Education Field
Professor, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 16, 2017
As a professor of Principles of Marketing at GSU, I found the work to be extremely rewarding. In addition, teaching at a collegiate level gave me the autonomy to try different teaching techniques in order to find the most effective means for relaying information.
Pros
Autonomy
Benefits
You Promote your University
Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 6, 2017
I worked as a tele-counselor at Georgia Southern University and overall it was a great experience. My day to day would consist of calling prospective students and telling them about Georgia Southern University. I would walk students and their families through the application process and where to go for meet and greets. The job was during the week so there was no interference with social life.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 25, 2017
It is a very fun place to work at. The staffs are lovely and cordial. The only problem is that you can not just park anywhere on campus- you will get a ticket!
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 25, 2017
• Provides customer service, campus errands, general clerical tasks
• Provides administrative assistance to Administrative Assistant, Department Chair and Faculty
• Provides daily coverage of the front desk and supports visitors by addressing the needs of their visit
I enjoyed reasearch
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed doing research. After the first semester, you learn quickly if this is what you want to do or not. I loved it! You have the ability to think critically and be creative.
Good Benefits but Senior Management is cut-throat
Accountant (Current Employee) –  AccountingMay 19, 2017
Georgia Southern University does not consider that their employees are their biggest asset. With the FLSA changes that have been proposed but put on hold at the federal level- Georgia Southern really took that opportunity to make major changes to employee positions, titles, and work life balance without any consideration or input from the employees themselves. This left over 400 employees with lower moral in the office and has continued thus far.
Benefits
Cons
poor work life balance
Engaging and productive
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 18, 2017
The people in the office are very nice and make you feel like it is a family. I answered phones to assist students with any registrar issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have a customer end a call with their problems answered.
Nice place
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 8, 2017
It is a good place for a student to work and study at the same time. People are kind and whenever you need help they will help you.
Management is great.
Pros
nice for students
Cons
no cons
A good place to work
Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 3, 2017
There is a strong since of community in the university as a whole. The IS department is very focused on customer service and team building. Cross training and individual initiative are both encouraged.
not a thorough review
Clinical Faculty (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 3, 2017
I am unable to thoroughly assess Georgia Southern University Nursing program as a whole because I was only an instructor on a unit at the hospital in Savannah, GA.