Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews

Good job while attending school, worthwhile experience.
GA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 29, 2017
I like what I am doing. Working with the students helping them to be productive and creative. It is hard physical work and sometimes demanding but it has been an overall good experience.
Extremely friendly environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 29, 2017
Georgia Southern is a great place to work. It has many benefits to offer in terms of insurance as well networking opportunities. Georgia Southern is a place that will help you grow and expand your horizons.
work study
Chemistry Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 20, 2017
Helped understand the meaning of being an instructor. Gave more insite of the aspects of chemistry. Gave communication practices to students. Made it easy to figure out career path in chemistry.
Horrible place to work. A culture of greed, little to no ethics, and is a dictatorship.
Director (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 15, 2017
If you want to work for a company and lose your individuality, then work for this dictatorship. If you like and promote greed and secrecy, you'll fit right in. There is never enough staff and work loads are unjustified and unrealistic. Salaries are low and women make 40-50% less than men doing the same job. Higher positioned administrators will always be supported by the President's Office and Human Resources over lower level professional staff. Save yourself and stay away from Georgia Southern University!
Pros
Cons
Greed, unfair salaries between men and women, 60 to 80 hour work weeks without overtime, dictatorship.
Gained quality experience from a friendly staff
Temp Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 11, 2017
A typical day at work for me involved paying invoice/handling customer disputes, monitoring five departing budgets in with funds averaging $1.5 million, and meeting with the head of each department to discuss funds available until the end of year. All of the managers were great to work with and very informative. The workplace environment was laid back. Everyone had their own office and there was no established time for lunch. Most people took a break between 11:30 - 1:00 and tried to be back around 2.The hardest part of the job was collecting information from other departments to do your job so you can send that information to another department so they can do theirs. The most enjoyable part of working there was all the extra activities and functions that took place on campus. On average, there was one event that I could go to rather it was employee appreciation day, ceremonial dinner, or a health and benefits awareness fair. Overall, I think that Georgia Southern was a great place to work for.
Pros
Work their for specified time get free tuition
Cons
Lower salary than average
Easy working, with hour restrictions and bad pay.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 5, 2017
Since I've started working for Georgia Southern two years ago, I've received no benefits and no pay increase. Luckily, the work isn't difficult and the overall interactive experience with students and coworkers was friendly and pleasant. However, they restrict the amount of hours one can work each week, and most jobs only pay minimum wage; a rate that is easily overcome by getting a job off campus. It feels like the university is taking advantage of students who may not have the resources to leave campus for work.
Excellent place to work
Writer and Editor (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 5, 2017
Employees are friendly and engaging in all departments. Training was thorough and allowed plenty of freedom for creativity and independent work. Professors and administration very professional and skilled
Enjoyable
Lab Manager/ Information Tehnology (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 23, 2017
The University is a great place to work and is full of opportunity and chances to advance in your particular profession or desires. The faulty and staff are very helpful
Fun!
Student Research Grant Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 13, 2017
Doing undergraduate research was a lot of fun during my 4 years. I learned skills that I could not learn in the classroom and these skills are a big reason as to why I am successful today
Good Starting Point
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 10, 2017
Excellent University. Fun place to work and learn the basic. A good mix of busy and slow times to fill the day. I was given a well balanced work load.
Pros
Benefits, sports and a variety of work
Cons
High churn amoung my colleagues
Great place
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 1, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students daily. If I can make a difference in one's person's life a day, then my day is fulfilled. My job is very rewarding when a student looks at you and says, "Thank you for helping me today!"
Pros
State Job
Cons
pay could be better
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 27, 2017
I was an intern and student worker here. Fun environment often unpredictable from day to day which was a good thing. Overall I enjoyed my time as an intern.
Good place to retire.
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Not the place to start a career for advancement. After five years of being the only one who new my job I was not qualified to supervise myself. In fact they rehired a previous employee that I had trained to be my supervisor for which I had to retrain him to tell me what to do. Basically wait until your older and ready to settle down before you work at this job. Oh and don't expect management to help they they're all waiting to retire.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no advancement ...ever
fun place to work
Matrix Laborartory and C++ Lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 12, 2017
I learnt how to lead a class group and guide them towards the right path, the professors are always willing and ready to assist the students as well in every area
IT Intern
Technical Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I support technology within the campus. I was a student intern while attending college there. I had a fun time learning and my experience there helped me when I accepted my first full-time position.
Overall a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Great work life balance. Job security is definite. Compensation is lacking. Management can be improved. Overall a good place to work.
Nice people to work with
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 24, 2017
My typical day at work was making copies for teachers and sorting mail. I assisted any needs by teachers and visitors. The most enjoyable part was meeting the teachers needs in a timely manner because they would be so happy.
its pretty good
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 23, 2017
It's a great place to work, very homey atmosphere, everyone knows everyone. They do believe in hard honest work which is not bypassed or overlooked
Graduate School and Work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Working as a graduate assistant is both hectic and rewarding. You get to work in an atmosphere that allows for you to help undergraduate students learn as you learn from the professionals. My co-workers are great and the bosses are always encouraging. I love my job!
Pros
Getting to work in the college system, traveling
Good
STUDENT MEDIA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoy the facility and the prostaff. There is so much to learn while working here and they go above and beyond to make the job enjoyable and fun.