Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Enjoyable Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 22, 2015
I would have to say that this, by far, was the most rewarding experience I've had to date in my career. I typically would be scheduled at manageable shifts and learned effective time management. A lot of valuable human interaction was gained in the form of working with students and helping as much as possible. I also received a lot of communication with faculty and staff members to help make the learning environment an enjoyable one.

On the job, I was able to observe and learn how to work with different types of people based on their personality. With that gained knowledge and observance, I effectively learned how to make the work environment better for myself and hopefully everyone else.

Overall it was a very fun and enjoyable experience that I would love another opportunity to do if I further my education.
Pros
Hands on lab experience, effective communication, very comfortable environment, management worked very well, flexible hours, amazing students
Cons
Low stipend salary, co-workers at times, little to no insurance, work experience limited
Great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 11, 2015
Enjoyed the work that was done and felt I got valuable experience. Both my job specific duties along with supplemental ones have made me feel even more prepared for my next employment opportunity.
Summary
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 2, 2015
1. Typical Day
Phone calls and paperwork to find resources.
2. What was Learned
Development of business plans and financial skills
3. Coworkers
Hard working, good people.
4. Hardest part
Time consuming
5. Enjoyable part
Developing solutions for small businesses
Pros
Quick Turnaround
Cons
No Pay
Great workplace and fantastic faculty
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 28, 2015
Georgia Southern has a great small scale feel. Through my years of tutoring and time as a GA, I can honestly say that I would do it over again if I had to. The money isn't great, but it's very good to live in Statesboro.

I learned a lot about how to communicate with adults, and instruct them through physics and mathematics concepts. The management was very great, and always helpful if time was needed off.

The worst part about tutoring is sometimes being the only tutor capable of answering certain questions.
Pros
management, hours
Good company to work for to get your skills up
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 15, 2015
I've enjoyed building my skillset at while at Georgia Southern. I have had the opportunity to expand what I already knew and grow in what I didn't know
Great environment to study
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 14, 2015
Georgia southern university is a great place to work because the staff is nice and they provide a great learning environment.
Growing work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GaApril 12, 2015
Georgia Southern Athletics is a decent place to work. Overall, the athletes are great and most of the the other support staff is wonderful; however there are politics and cliques that you will need to be aware of and avoid.
Pros
You get the full experience of working in athletics
Cons
Professional Cliques
Enjoyable place to work. Campus was employee as well as student friendly always trying to enhance the employees experiences.
University Housing HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro,GAApril 7, 2015
• Handle and maintain Workers Compensation
• Hiring and Termination Processes
• Maintenance of employee files
• Staff recognition and events coordinator
• Assist with additional departmental training and development
• Serve on Student Affairs committee for University employee events
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
State pay
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GaApril 6, 2015
Very professional place to work. From top management down to graduate assistants everyone is nice at the Office of the Provost at Georgia Southern University
Lab Prep
Laboratory Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 26, 2015
This job was light work. This was originally a work study job that I was fortunately able to obtain. On average it was a five to eight hour work week. Typical day of work was cleaning the used supplies and restocking the materials need for the next class. Where you would set up for classes' labs. Management was nice. I did not have any coworkers. There was were no challenges with the job. Completion and know that the classes went smoothly because all of the need material was present in the classes was rewarding
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
Not many work hours
Team Work
Research/Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 19, 2015
Hard workers environment
Management is good
Opportunity to learn new things
A lot of recreational activities in campus and outside.
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 18, 2015
Georgia Southern University is a pretty good place to work. You will need a Masters/Phd to keep advancing here. The University System of Georgia has given only a 1% raise in the last 5 years which is obviously a problem as the inflation rate is 1-2%.
Pros
relaxed place to work
Cons
pay is low
Enjoyable and professional place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 9, 2015
On a typical day, I was able to help my co-workers and the students who visited to gain their goals. Work was a very professional and friendly environment.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with the public at the Welcome Center. Management was awesome. I spent 16 years there. I loved my position. Never a dull moment. Answering the phone for the University was exciting.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
no raises
Decent
Administrative Assistant Work Study (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 2, 2015
When I worked I butted heads with a new employee but it was personal not work related. Very flexible with schedule. Strong personalities.
good
Mathematics tutor (Former Employee) –  statesboro, gaFebruary 28, 2015
great place to work and there is nothing difficult about the atmosphere. as long as you are able to keep up with deadlines you will be fine here
Fantastic place to work,
Server (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Working at GSU is a dreams. To be frank everything is explained, clear and precise. A person's job and expectations are clear and easy to understand without a whole bunch of this or that. The people one works with are professional and helpful and not just the management. A person is placed to their strengths and even listened to when they have an idea to improve within an area. Additionally showing an interest in other areas in encouraged. I loved working there.
Cons
not much movment.
Division I Athletics
Athletic Director's Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Working at GSU was a wonderful experience. I learned so much about running and operating a division I program in the NCAA. As an athlete at Georgia Southern for five years you don't see what happens behind the scenes to make your experience what it is. By being our AD's personal assistant I got to experience what it was like and how things work. I assisted in the planning of meetings and events. I also worked extensively with computers and Microsoft programs that I had not previously had the chance to do. I loved working behind the scenes because I knew it was benefiting the athletes at our wonderful university and that made my job very enjoyable.
Well managed and a productive workplace
Custodian1/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 12, 2015
A typical workday at Georgia Southern University requires you to be a hardworker and to always have a smile on your face. I've learned many things here. I learned how to operate different types of cleaning equipment and how to manage a group of more than five coworker. There's no hard part about the job i currently possess. The most enjoyable part of it is that I get to converse with a diverse group of individuals.
Pros
clean atmosphere
Cons
no cons
Great place to work because of location
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. This was as student position so the maximum salary was minimum wage. Great interpersonal relations, and a relaxed environment. They would always work with me on my schedule if I needed.
Pros
close to campus, good expearence.
Cons
minumum wage, no advacement possible.

4.4