Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Great opportunity to obtain work experience and college credit
Teaching Assistant in General Chemistry Laboratory (Current Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 8, 2013
Answer questions about the various general chemistry experiments and demonstrated how to use the lab equipment effectively and efficiently.
Great place to work to start your career.
Labor Supervisor (Current Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high costs of those benefits.
The best part of the job are the five guys that I supervise. They are fun to work with and they make the day go by fast.
Great learning enviornment
SAP Certified Associate (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 30, 2013
I graduated from Georgia Southern and I am thankful that I took advantage of the SAP courses and TERP 10 certification course. Georgia Southern University helped me find my passion for IS, SAP and computer technology.
Hard work
Grounds Keeper 1 (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 19, 2013
starts work at 6:30 am to 3:30 pm, hard work all day long. Mowing grass, pulling weeds, planting landscapes, and just general landscape around the campus
Great School
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Statesboro, GeorgiaAugust 9, 2013
Attended College here and worked here. Good opportunities. Great working environment. Enjoyed the company of my co workers
Greatest university
Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 8, 2013
This is a true university that allows students to excel in all areas from academics to athletics.
Fun and fast paced
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 6, 2013
Great people to work with. Everyone is after the same objective, which is providing a great experience for students.
Great university to work for
Fitness Specialist - PT (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: work culture, work life balance, college atmosphere
Cons: the pay could be better
Georgia Southern has wonderful employees who care deeply about the job they do and offers a good amount of benefits for salaried employees. Also, its a great institutionto attend to further your education.
Great atmosphere
Clinical Practicum, Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 17, 2013
The athletic program is constantly growing, providing a great basis for years to come.
Worked for a wonderful Department at GSU
Admin Secretary (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: job was challenging and rewarding
Cons: location. was not a fan of living in statesboro
I was the office manager of the Department of Finance and Economics with a faculty load of 28. I loved my Department, it could be demanding at times. I would answer phones, create schedules for semesters and register them in Banner, file paperwork, register students for classes. I enjoyed every minute. I like to stay busy and I worked with a great staff.
Productive work place
Public Relations (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: great leadership
Cons: worked for free as an intern
Positive work environment with great feedback. I was fortunate enough to gain an internship running the social media department for the Office of Career Services at Georgia Southern University.
Graduate School Job
Field Director, Crew Chief and Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 25, 2013
This was an important education experience. I learned how to manage crews, teach orienteering and work as a mentor to undergraduate students. No compensation or benefits were given, because I was student employee. Fortunately the school provided affordable healthcare when needed. This was a grant funded job, so once the job was complete I was no longer – more... employed. I really enjoyed doing this, and I learned a lot about myself and how to manage volunteers and co-workers. – less
Georgia Southern University
Custodial Lead (Former Employee), Statesboro, GaJune 20, 2013
One of the best places in Statesboro,GA to work. The compensation is fair in comparison to the price of living. It requires hard work because of the employees that have been tere for a while but it's a great place to work.
Exciting environment to work in and to meet new people
Physical Plant-Custodian (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 3, 2013
I maintain the cleaning of my assign buildings which was pretty easy to do. I learned about different chemicals and what to use for certain situations. I pretty much was my own manager and love to work with other co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about the job i just enjoyed meeting new people.
Good experience
Custodian- Team Leader (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 27, 2013
This was a summer cleaning program that cleaned out dorm rooms and buildings. Management was good and was very helpful.
Fun place to work
Office of Educational Opportunity, America Reads (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 20, 2013
Normal day for a college student working and taking classes
fun place to work
Intramural Referee (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 10, 2013
this was a great job for the time being. it got me thru high school and some of college.
Consistent
LOCKSMITH (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: great boss
Cons: no benefits
Building, installing, repairing and swapping locksets.
I need better job security.
My Bosses were great.
Worked harder than people thought they did.
Morning still trying to waking up.
Making work fun by creating tasks for efficiency.
Productive and fun place to wrok.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Chemistry Department (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: good communication and practical learning experiences
Cons: i would like to be at more more often.
As a graduate assistant my day is not too taxing. My hours are built around the class schedule of the professors I assist and the students come to class ready to learn. I enjoy what I do and I will cherish every memory made here.
Productive and Creative Environment
Lead Designer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 28, 2013
This position exceeded my expectations. I was able to work with a great fellow designer and oversee wonderful undergraduates.
-I was able to overhaul our marketing departments file management system and streamline it for future marketing employees.
-The hardest part of this job was leaving.
-The most enjoyable part was the creative freedom my employer – more... provided. – less