Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews in United States

A productive and educational environment
Team Leader, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 25, 2014
As this project was done in school, a typical day involved going to classes. Every week the team would meet and discuss where the project was and where it would need to be for the upcoming week. By the end of the project we had learned to work as a team and create something with many different parts into a single program.
Loved working in a college environment.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2014
Worked with project managers. Involved in bid processes in building structures. Interesting work.
Pros
great environment and great teamwork.
Cons
was not paid enough.
A place where you can receive great learning experince
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 22, 2014
Good place to work at times, .good co-workers Hardest part of job was trying to reach everyone's temp. comfort zone.Most enjoyable part, very professional co-workes
Pros
meeting new challenges, good learning environment
Cons
frequent management turnover
Steady work place takes a long time to advance.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
Assign and supervise staff.
Make major decisions promptly and effectively.
Train staff to adhere to proper safety guidelines per regulations and ensure regulations are followed once training is completed.
Attend meetings to discuss the most efficient processes for completing multiple tasks at an event.
Transport equipment in company vehicles such as box trucks, vans, and trucks to and from events.
Pick up orders from warehouse turn in documents that correspond with orders to management. Sign for truck orders and stock deliveries in stockroom.
Performed maintenance on company equipment which included disassembling, cleaning, diagnosing and fixing all problems when appropriate, and collaborating with mechanical technicians on major repairs.
Hardest part of the job is other employees not taking responsibilty for mistakes, which envokes new policies for everyone to follow.
Pros
work life, work environment
Cons
slow advancement
Perfect employer for full time students
University Store Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
I worked in the receiving department of the University Store for Georgia Southern University for 2 years. As a part-time employee I received and recorded all items and documentation delivered to the establishment. This ranged from student textbooks to school apparel and novelties. I also shipped out returns and accounted for supplies and material in the store's inventory.

While on campus, when I wasn't in class, I would be working at the University Store. This created a healthy balance for myself.

The best part about this job was that it was a low-stress job that consistently provided for me throughout my continued education. The management worked in unison to provide fair opportunities for their employees. They gave responsibility to those who worked for it, and gave everyone a chance to succeed.
Pros
worked around student class schedule
Productive, Fun environment to work in
Raffle Vendor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 9, 2014
I worked as a 50/50 raffle vendor at all Georgia Southern Athletic events. I sold raffle tickets at GSU sporting events to help fund athletic scholarships. Effectively communicated and interacted with customers to increase sales. One responsibility during the job was to securely handle money transactions.
Pros
fundrasing, fun working in college atmosphere
Productive, busy atmosphere with a warm staff.
Administrative Assistant, Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  Statesboro GeorgiaSeptember 17, 2014
Although intimidating at first, I grew to love working for Georgia Southern . The staff in the Provost Office were very warm and inviting from the beginning of my experience. I was able to learn how to work in a top-bottom management system. The hardest part of the job were the times when there were multiple deadlines coinciding with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was the calm and relief that followed completing a tedious project.
Pros
free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons
pay
Productive and Great people
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 3, 2014
Set up shop, count safe and registers did inventory assist customers and shift leader lead 16 employees made schedules and set interviews
good enviroment
Research and Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 29, 2014
Was great to work their as research and teacher assistant, but the opportunities are very limited while the salaries are low too
Productive and great place to work
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 18, 2014
I was fortunate to work in two different departments in the University Housing Department of Georgia Southern University, I began the summer working as a cleaning assistant and ended the summer working as a member of the linen crew which allowed me to work more closely with various other departments of the University Housing department. A typical day at work starts at eight a.m in freshman dorms. Depending on where I was assigned for the week I would either deep clean the dorm or make a linen sets for parents of new-coming freshman. To be frank, some days on the job were difficult but my co-workers and I learned how to deal with whatever challenges came our way. The hardest part of the job was coming into contact with rooms that were disagreeable in appearance, but the most enjoyable part of the job were being able to form friendships with co-workers and having friends to help you get through the rough times and the bad days that we encountered. Overall, I enjoyed working for Georgia Southern University and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Want to know more about Georgia Southern University?

Ask a question
Excellent way to use my time at school.
Professor Aid (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 10, 2014
I was in a very isolated environment, where I graded papers and entered them into a system. During classes, I also helped monitor students on exam days. I enjoyed helping student with problems they had.
Pros
expierence in working
Cons
not being able to stay longer
This was not a paid job.
Global Citizens Peer Leader (Teacher's Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 15, 2014
Not a paid job, but a great experience. Helps dedicated students who have an international background gain knowledge about lesson planning, teaching, and grading.
Veteran Services - Registrar's Office
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 7, 2014
Working in Veteran Services at Georgia Southern University, I deal with alot of veterans and their dependents. I help them with the process of using their education benefits or transferring their benefits to their dependents.
Very relaxed tutoring environment.
MATHEMATICS TUTOR/TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me sitting in a computer lab of about 100 computers and students come in for help with mathematical concepts. I am required to know everything from College Algebra through Calculus 2, but I also know Intro Statistics & Calculus 3. I have learned many ways to bring others to a complete understanding. My coworkers & I work together if we are presented with a topic we may not be 100% sure of, but we all have the goal of helping the students. All of my coworkers are undergraduate & graduate students. I enjoyed seeing the smile on the student's face one the lightbulb went off in their head.
Pros
relaxed environment for learning.
Cons
limited hours
interesting
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 15, 2014
This is a good company to work for. you can find security in this job.
Pros
good benefits
Mrs. K is amazing!!!!!
Talons Grille (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 10, 2014
Great job working at Henderson Library. as a student I was able to work and get all of my work done everyday.
School oriented and schedule friendly
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
Working for Georgia Southern as a student is the best decision a full-time student can make. They are student and class schedule friendly and make sure that you are still able to have a college career. You are limited to the amount of hours you can work but it is beneficial when it comes to getting your degree. I would recommend any student to find an on-campus job.
Pros
breaks and weekends off.
Cons
time allowed to work.
Great professors to work for
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
I assisted the Human Resources professors in conducting research. They really pushed me to understand the methodology behind what they were doing, and what it would mean if their hypothesis was correct. It was an enjoyable experience, as the professors were eager to help me not only with their research, but also with any difficulties I may have had in my Master's level courses.
Civilized workplace
Dining Services/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Statesboro,GaJune 5, 2014
Work was easy just long hours.
Learned how important it is to have a good appearance.
Management needs a lot of work because the chain of command is off.
The most enjoyable part about working there u eat free.
Pros
eat free
Cons
chain of command
Excellent
English Composition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 19, 2014
Great place to work. Not enough job security. Town is too small.

4.4