Georgia Southern University Employee Reviews in United States

Mrs. K is amazing!!!!!
Talons Grille (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 10, 2014
Great job working at Henderson Library. as a student I was able to work and get all of my work done everyday.
School oriented and schedule friendly
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
Working for Georgia Southern as a student is the best decision a full-time student can make. They are student and class schedule friendly and make sure that you are still able to have a college career. You are limited to the amount of hours you can work but it is beneficial when it comes to getting your degree. I would recommend any student to find an on-campus job.
Pros
breaks and weekends off.
Cons
time allowed to work.
Great professors to work for
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 9, 2014
I assisted the Human Resources professors in conducting research. They really pushed me to understand the methodology behind what they were doing, and what it would mean if their hypothesis was correct. It was an enjoyable experience, as the professors were eager to help me not only with their research, but also with any difficulties I may have had in my Master's level courses.
Civilized workplace
Dining Services/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Statesboro,GaJune 5, 2014
Work was easy just long hours.
Learned how important it is to have a good appearance.
Management needs a lot of work because the chain of command is off.
The most enjoyable part about working there u eat free.
Pros
eat free
Cons
chain of command
Excellent
English Composition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 19, 2014
Great place to work. Not enough job security. Town is too small.
Great Job
Georgia Southern Media Guide (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 14, 2014
Great experience. if you start on your work early its easy but if you fall behind work can get time consuming.
Research work in mechatronics
Research Assistant - Mechatronics (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 13, 2014
This work was voluntarily carried out to research the capabilities of a mobile phone integrated with the increasingly popular Arduino MCUs. Typical prototyping work was independently carried out, and would result in late hours after class sifting through lines of codes or with a multimeter checking for correct wiring. I was overseen by a professor, who urged me to keep relevant logs and a record of all software versions to ensure stability. The work had a steep learning curve and much of the material, such as developing in Java, was new and had never been formally learned. The work was very rewarding, opening up mechatronic system application ideas that I would like to pursue as a hobby or for industrial applications.
Fast paced environment with an enormous team of caring individuals
Student Financial Aid Asst. II (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GaApril 24, 2014
I verify incoming documents from the parents and students of the Georgia Southern University and award them as needed.

I also am efficient in adjusting the student loans by either reducing or adding additional funds to their budget as needed.

I answer incoming phone calls and discuss the students financial plan or any other issues involving financial aid.

The most enjoyable part of my day and job as a whole I is defintely the interaction with people. I love working with people and meeting new people I think that in itself is an experience that helps shape and mold ones character.

The hardest part of my job I'd have to say is watching our work study students that we hire go throughout college and watching them leave. We are a close knit family here at Southern I would defintely encourage anyone to apply for a job there.
Cons
no raises, no free parking, expensive health care
Hard working individual. Get along with others very well
Teaching Assistant, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 18, 2014
Dedicated, hard working and pay attention to details. Quick learner and able to work on multiple projects. Easy to deal with others.
Great place to receive your education
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 7, 2014
Classes were fantastic and there were many things to do when you had down time outside of class. I was in the College of Liberal Arts and I focused on Management and Marketing. Couldn't have asked for a better 5 years. I learned so many things and I would suggest attending this university to anyone looking to get a degree.
Great boss who motivates you daily
Turf Care (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 23, 2014
Fun and exciting company to work for.
As a member of CRI, you are constantly meeting fellow employees and there is a sense of family within this division of the universities work force.
Good work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 8, 2014
Overall it is a good work environment and I like being able to work closely with the faculty/professors. They have a lot of good experience and wisdom that is very beneficial. Also it is a very good job that will work around your class schedule and course load demand during the year.
Institional Student
Student Assistant- Office of Student Fees (Former Employee) –  StatesboroMarch 4, 2014
Working as a student at Georgia Southern is great opportunity for students to prepare for "real world" experiences with the balance of life or any other activities.
Pleasant place to work
Work-Study Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 20, 2014
It was a rather relaxed workplace, and as long as everything was done, my supervisor was lax on how I spent my time.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 19, 2014
As a graduate assistant I :

Performed data entry and simple statistical tests using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science).

Conducted research on projects requested by faculty members of the Nursing School.
Great place to learn as a studnet
Organic Chemistry Research Student (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2014
As a student, I was able to have a part-time job, do research and go to class. My job as a research student was volunteer and I was able to set my own hours.
Productive and fun workplace.
TEACHERS ASSISTANT FOR NURSING LAB (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I worked as a chemistry lab teachers assistant. The job provided me with a unique opportunity to take what I had learned from my major and apply it through helping other students. The job also provided more time to analyze experiments I had already worked on in the past. The people I worked with were intelligent and shared work experience as well as help with the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to work with my colleagues and help others.
Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GaJanuary 13, 2014
Phone calls in the evening by college students trying to contact high schoo prospective students. Fun environment.
Great opportunity for me; enjoyable work and environment.
Programmer I (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2014
I worked under Ron Stalnaker for Enterprise Application Services. GSU is pretty serious about keeping up with technology, something that is rare for most colleges. I had interesting projects that actually affected students' lives - plenty of job satisfaction there! My coworkers were great. The environment was a little slow-paced but not overly so.
Great place
Wellness Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 18, 2013
Student clinical job. Great school and great employment. Enjoyed my time there.

4.4