Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern University Employer Reviews

Good!
Operations Assistant/Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 21, 2012
Great work place! Management was amazing! Customer friendly hometime grocery store.
Enjoyed my GA with them
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 19, 2012
Lots of fun. Great professors to work for and very stable environment. The hardest part was not having set hours.
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 17, 2012
This job was a class. The professor I worked with was a wonderful person and has come to be one of my role models. I learned many different techniques in the lab and in the field.
Great place to work, wonderful hardworking employees
Manager Procurement and Maintenance (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 5, 2012
Pros: versatile, great people, fun to work
Cons: sometimes over the top
8am to 5pm total work experience. Team work, dealing with all different types of people
Educational place of work
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 4, 2012
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not enough work hours
I would come in and work and complete assignments such as updating employee files. I would post job ads for the school. I also answered the phones from time to time. My co-workers were easy to get along with. I learned different skills that pertain to human resources.
Learning-Based University
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 17, 2012
I learned the operations of university systems here. Great work experience and excellent supervisors/teachers!
Great School
Student (Former Employee), StatesboroMay 2, 2012
Pros: great school
Cons: expensive
Great School. I found a place to explore. My time at GSU help me developed the skills needed to publish a book later in life.
High paced environment that was always evolving but with many rewards.
Casual Labor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAApril 24, 2012
Pros: high paced environment with motivating management.
Cons: job ended because of funding.
Each day was unique in it's own way. With so many programs to run and 15 counties to supervise it was a very high paced work environment. My staff was very dilligent in their work and management was always there to support me.
Great for student employees
Institutional Student Assistant (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMarch 18, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: salary
I worked three different part time jobs while enrolled at Georgia Southern. All three experiences were good. Supervisors were willing to work with my class schedule. Increased opportunity for advancement and salary would have been helpful. I often felt that there was little motivation extrinsically to go above and beyond.
I learned a lot working for GSU
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: great learning experience.
Cons: didn't get paid.
GSU has a great staff and great opportunities. The work was very tedious but I believe it was so to teach us what it is like to do advanced reactions without the proper equipment.
Top notch University for education
Veterans Coordinator (Current Employee), Office of the RegistrarFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: limited supervision
Cons: no room for advancement
Georgia Southern University has been growing for the last few years with a possible incoming number of 25,000 students Fall 2012. It has a wonderful work atmosphere and also great people to work with.
Zelfstandige werkomgeving
Medewerker pers, communicatie en media (Former Employee), Statesboro, Georgia, USASeptember 2, 2013
Als medewerker, pers en communicatie was ik zelfstandig werkzaam als de media contactpersoon voor vier professionele sporten waarbij ik perscontacten onderhield, informatieboekjes samenstelde en persberichten schreef. Daarnaast was ik ook de assistente van vier managers waarvoor ik receptioniste taken uitvoerde zoals het aannemen van de telefoon en – more... het sorteren van de post. Het was een erg zelfstandige werkomgeving waarbij ik weinig contact had met mijn werkgevers en veel problemen zelfstandig moest oplossen. – less