Georgia Southwestern State University Employee Reviews in United States

Student Gameroom Worker
Student Worker/Gameroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 29, 2016
I work at the desk and supervise the room to maintain order. I also assist students in finding the games they want to play and ensure that everyone has a fair time and chance to play on the systems.
Fun workplace and flexible. Enjoyable
DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at Georgia Southwestern State University assisting the Dean of Education. The hours were very convienient for me. Being a full time student, I was able to get a lot of my school work done when I had free time. One thing I did everyday was drop off and pick up mail from the post office. Some days I'd go into work and have nothing to do at all. I worked in an office right beside the Dean of Education and she would come in if she needed me to do anything or if one of the professors in the Education Building needed me to make copies of documents. I learned more about using microsoft office correctly. I enjoyed working in the Education Building because it was a very friendly environment and I was able to get a lot done.
Productive, nice quiet enviornment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GaJuly 10, 2015
Nice environment to work in. I was able to assist others and keep a regulated living environment for college residents. The shift hours were perfect allowed time for me to get work and other necessary things done.
productive
Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAJuly 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and co-workers. Many learning opportunities. Constant communication with students, faculty and staff.
College setting where acedemia was a focal point
Co-Instructor (Current Employee) –  Americus, GANovember 20, 2013
A typical experience was teaching first year freshman students how to do certain tasks such as financial aid, registration, study habits, and time management skills. I learned teaching skills, how to relate to others, and working with students. The hardest part of the job was having the course end because it was enjoyable. The students were responsive in the course and made the time spent teaching pleasant.
great place to work for
Assistant Director Plant, Director of EH&S, (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Worked at GSW for 32 years. Moved up from Grounds Superintendent to Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Landscape Design and Development and Director of Environonmental Health and Safety, Risk Management. Was responsible for major set ups on campus. Was given freedom to do set ups as needed. For the most part was given freedom to develope campus grounds as seen fit without interference. Overall GSW was a great place to work. Enjoyed working with the various people on campus
Theatrical shop worker
Theater Department Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 30, 2013
Working in the theatre shop construction set pieces, painting scenery, sewing costumes, taking inventory of props and makeup. Providing supervision for students who have come in to work shop hours for their class. Was the production manager for the college shows and gave advise when asked or needed.
Pros
continue developing my skills and apply what i learned in college
Cons
was not a permant job
One of the most challenging internships in counseling.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 14, 2012
A typical day included developing programs for incoming freshmen and scheduling counseling sessions. Presenting informal workshops to aid in transitioning into college life. The hardest part of the job was getting new students which needed help to ask for it, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the students succeed in the end.
Quiet place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 3, 2015
This is a school job that is really easy to do. I monitor who comes in and out of the lab to make sure there is no horse playing or inappropriate websites being searched. great for any college student looking for a job while in school.
Excellent Entry Job
Athletic Training Certified Intern (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 21, 2015
Excellent Entry level job in athletics, great support staff, great atmosphere. Always felt welcomed and in touch with staff
Cons
Far away from airports
Relaxed and supportive administrators
Faculty/Lecturer and Simulation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Very supportive administrators. Encourage you to continue your education and become involved in university activities.
Pros
supportive of continued education
Great workplace with very kind people.
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJuly 13, 2012
My department, Student Life was a fun, inviting and challenging environment. I loved my job, and the people I worked with. Definitely great for students and young professionals.
Pacey and cohesive volunteer work
Concession Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Americus, GeorgiaJune 19, 2014
Worked 3-4 weekends and on several weekdays to provide concessions for college and high school basketball events that took place at Georgia Southwestern.
enjoyable
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 24, 2012
The students are always grateful for the help. Pay isn't much, but it helps, especially being a poor college student. This job is more for people who love to help/teach more than it is for money or benefits.
It was a great experienced
Dispatcher Intern (Former Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 14, 2012
I had to learn to manage crisis situations. It was my responsibility to communicate with the campus security as well as EMT's and other emergency personal.
Great job for student workers!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 1, 2013
I enjoyed helping out the director as much as I did monitoring the lab. Although the job was easy, there was always work to do.
fun place
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 23, 2012
Enjoyed working with team and coaches
Received a lot training with being an assistant coach
Pros
ability to travel
Cons
only offered one year
Productive and fluid enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GANovember 4, 2012
Great flexible hours. Opportunities for advancement were clear and presented well
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
loved working here
Receptionist, campus rec staff, tutor (Former Employee) –  americus gaDecember 5, 2011
wish even after i graduated i could work there still. fun very social
Pros
on campus
Cons
not fill time
Work experience
Student IIT Intern (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 13, 2012
This organization has many tools to help you gain experience for future jobs.

4.8