Georgia Southwestern State University Employee Reviews

productive enviroment
Computer Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 10, 2017
Iv'e worked at Georgia Southwestern State for 2 years and Ive enjoyed the experience. Ive learned many valuable skills from fellow co workers and technicians.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor
Clinical Instructor / Adjunct - School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 9, 2017
GSW is a wonderful employer. I really enjoy my job and co-workers.
They are friendly and welcoming. The job is just what I wanted.
I hope to continue working for this University in an adjunct position and possibly fulltime one day.
Pros
University and people are top notch
Cons
I have nothing bad to say
Great Job! Academic Resource Center
Head Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAOctober 19, 2016
I loved my job, I worked as a student, so there were very limited working hours. But I word loved working at the ARC, great people, and it was fun being a tutor and supplemental instructor.
Comfortable and quiet environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAAugust 6, 2016
The tutoring department was fairly quiet, which makes studying and tutoring easier. Because the tutoring department is located on campus, it was very easy to walk from class to work. My co-workers and supervisors were all very friendly and approachable. There was no strict dress code, but everyone still dressed appropriately. Communication with tutees and supervisors was done either in person or through the school website, which was professional and easy to access. The hardest part of the job was finals period. There are usually more tutees during this period, but not enough tutors per tutee. The most enjoyable part was communicating with co-workers. Because we are all students, we can relate to each other and speak comfortably.
Pros
friendly environment, relaxed and straightforward interview process
Cons
not enough tutors
Student Gameroom Worker
Student Worker/Gameroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 29, 2016
I work at the desk and supervise the room to maintain order. I also assist students in finding the games they want to play and ensure that everyone has a fair time and chance to play on the systems.
Productive, nice quiet enviornment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GaJuly 10, 2015
Nice environment to work in. I was able to assist others and keep a regulated living environment for college residents. The shift hours were perfect allowed time for me to get work and other necessary things done.
productive
Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAJuly 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and co-workers. Many learning opportunities. Constant communication with students, faculty and staff.
Fun workplace and flexible. Enjoyable
DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at Georgia Southwestern State University assisting the Dean of Education. The hours were very convienient for me. Being a full time student, I was able to get a lot of my school work done when I had free time. One thing I did everyday was drop off and pick up mail from the post office. Some days I'd go into work and have nothing to do at all. I worked in an office right beside the Dean of Education and she would come in if she needed me to do anything or if one of the professors in the Education Building needed me to make copies of documents. I learned more about using microsoft office correctly. I enjoyed working in the Education Building because it was a very friendly environment and I was able to get a lot done.
Excellent Entry Job
Athletic Training Certified Intern (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 21, 2015
Excellent Entry level job in athletics, great support staff, great atmosphere. Always felt welcomed and in touch with staff
Cons
Far away from airports
Quiet place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 3, 2015
This is a school job that is really easy to do. I monitor who comes in and out of the lab to make sure there is no horse playing or inappropriate websites being searched. great for any college student looking for a job while in school.
Pacey and cohesive volunteer work
Concession Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Americus, GeorgiaJune 19, 2014
Worked 3-4 weekends and on several weekdays to provide concessions for college and high school basketball events that took place at Georgia Southwestern.
Relaxed and supportive administrators
Faculty/Lecturer and Simulation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Very supportive administrators. Encourage you to continue your education and become involved in university activities.
Pros
Supportive of continued education
Professional ambience
Figure Model (Former Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 24, 2013
Students are very professional and models are given breaks.
Theatrical shop worker
Theater Department Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 30, 2013
Working in the theatre shop construction set pieces, painting scenery, sewing costumes, taking inventory of props and makeup. Providing supervision for students who have come in to work shop hours for their class. Was the production manager for the college shows and gave advise when asked or needed.
Pros
Continue developing my skills and apply what I learned in college
Cons
was not a permant job
Great job for student workers!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 1, 2013
I enjoyed helping out the director as much as I did monitoring the lab. Although the job was easy, there was always work to do.
great place to work for
Assistant Director Plant, Director of EH&S, (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Worked at GSW for 32 years. Moved up from Grounds Superintendent to Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Landscape Design and Development and Director of Environonmental Health and Safety, Risk Management. Was responsible for major set ups on campus. Was given freedom to do set ups as needed. For the most part was given freedom to develope campus grounds as seen fit without interference. Overall GSW was a great place to work. Enjoyed working with the various people on campus
It was a great experienced
Dispatcher Intern (Former Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 14, 2012
I had to learn to manage crisis situations. It was my responsibility to communicate with the campus security as well as EMT's and other emergency personal.
Productive and fluid enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GANovember 4, 2012
Great flexible hours. Opportunities for advancement were clear and presented well
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
Intern
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAOctober 18, 2012
Great School to work for. Very laid back and good management
awesome place to work!
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work! Friendly staff, wonderful students, and so much to offer!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Southwestern State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8