Georgia State University

Georgia State University Employee Reviews

Great school to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
You will have to learn to multi task because when peak season hits it's very busy at the university. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and networking. The hardest part of the job is deciding how to prioritize work.
great work place
Administrative Coordinator, Senior (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2015
I love working at Georgia State University. They have great professional opportunities. You can advance in your education and career here.
Productive opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
My tenure at georgia state university was productive. Good opportunity to work with renowned professors and option to work from home
Excellent school.
STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Fun environment to work in. Casual scene, in which business suits are not required for work every day. Bosses are friendly and product driven. An awesome experience.
Loved working with the students an most administrators. Very low salary and little to no promotion opportunity.
Student Development Specialist II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2015
Worked there for many years. No promotions and only 2% raises annually of which you would only get about 1%. Very committed employees.
Stress
Receiving Clerk/Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: High energy, never a boring moment
Cons: Lots and Lots of Teenagers
Punch in prep the cooler for a busy day, receive the morning delivery of product for the day.Get all product put away and start to assist with preparation for three waves of hungry college freshmen. Clean and organize coolers, take an inventory count and make a list of needed items' for the following day to be ordered.
This job taught me patience is truly something one acquires by trail and tribulation.
Fast pace envoriment
Dining Hall Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2015
Typical day is me being in the dish room. Management team was amazing and made work enjoyable. Hardest part of the day was the rush of people. Most enjoyable part was having fun while working.
GREAT SCHOOL
Student (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Great education system. I would definitely recommend students to attend here. I am in my second year and truly enjoyed my first year attending here.
fun workplace
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
It was great. I had fun and the people were amazing. very quite environment to work in. The building was very clean and well maintained. Management was also great
Wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. Friendly and professional staff. I received a lot of beneficial training. A typical day at work was very stress free.
Productive and fun workplace
Acting Educational Program Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace
I enjoyed working with the Upward Bound Program. I enjoyed learning everything I could about TRIO Programs. I loved the fact that everyday had a new task and new things ahead.
Fast paced environment
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaMay 27, 2015
Job requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, Excellent customer service skills dealing with a rainbow of cultures.
georgia state university
Graduate Academic Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
everything is good, my boss, colleges and customers are nice and friendly. I learn a lot of IT knowledge from this position, also i learn how to communicate with people.
Great Place To Work, Great People To Work With
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Lunch Hour, Benefits
Cons: Little Room for Advancement
Working with educational professionals, working with students or potential students. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people that you come into contact.
Great philosophy program with focus on teaching
Instructor of Record (Former Employee), downtown AtlantaMay 18, 2015
GSU's MA program is a great way to become introduced to the life of the professional philosopher. Teachers are all willing to help with classes and careers, and the department as a whole uniquely focuses on teaching - nearly every incoming student will teach a class of 30+ students before they leave.
fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
this job help me improved everyday and help me build my future career as biologist scientist. coming from a different place, Africa, I have found here a second family.
Education School is the BEST!
Adjunct Professor of French (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Supportive Faculty
Cons: Admissions Team in undergraduate is VERY WEAK!
GSU provides an excellent school in preparing you for a career in education in K-12 and in Foreign Language. The most enjoyable past is the GTA prospects.
A great place to get started.
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2015
Georgia State has been a great place for me to build my professional experience. Everyone there has so far been reasonable and friendly to me and most of the other staff.
Georgia State
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 28, 2015
Good place to work and the people are friendly, but the human resources department always messes up with payroll. I also heard about employees not getting paid for over 2 months.
n/a
Ticket Operations Game Day Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2015
Part time position. Nothing special. Working here just to have some money. You work the tickets sales at sporting events.

1 2 3 4 5