Georgia State University

Georgia State University Employer Reviews

I had a good time here
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
This is my first lab, and I got many formal training. My colleagues are friendly and they taught me a lot.
Georgia State University
Network Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: being in downtown atlanta
Cons: no room for growth
Repaired, upgraded, or installed over 500 switches and routers until the completion of the project. Effectively maintained a successful track record of customer service and problem resolution initiatives. Consistently created and met deadlines on both an individual and team basis.
Overall, a nice place to work that promotes advancement and job security.
Health & Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
Overall, a nice place to work that promotes advancement and job security.
Seasoned teacher motivates and evaluates undergraduate students from all over the world.
Lecturer, Communications Department (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse student body, world-renown university, straighforward information from my superiors.
Cons: long commute, pay.
My co-workers were also from many international and national places. Most were dedicated and hardworking. Due to an intense workload and long commute, I didn't spend much time interacting with them in person outside meetings. However, I did spend ample time sharing information via e-mail.

For the record, I commuted 155 miles from Augusta to Atlanta – more... two days per week. This did not stop me from giving my all to students, including preparing interactive lessons, grading assignments, and providing final grades. Many of my students at Georgia State stay in contact. I spend many hours writing reference letters and giving constructive feedback about their academic and professional careers. – less
Mediocrity everywhere
Project Manager, Community Music Programs (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
People are happy here, but only if they are completely fine with mediocrity.
Enjoyable and Productive
Athletics Marketing Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Marketing plans and implementation for various sports and programs
Marketing research to better the programs
Company needs a complete culture change. Talent leaves as soon as it becomes apparent that the company is not progressive.
Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: most weeks were 40 hour weeks.
Cons: no advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. Management competencies are questionable thereby creating wasted human resources.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Kept filing in order, relayed student dilemma's dealing with IT issues to IT manager. Answered phone calls and took detailed messages.
Enjoyed learning new things.
Student Asst, Dept of MSIT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: behind the scenes on working to earn doctorate.
Cons: driving downtown and managing time
Write news articles, assemble newsletter information, learn new software, and was able to see what steps are necessary to earn your doctorate degree. I enjoyed working with the MSIT staff, and Dr. Lori Elliott. Hardest part of the job was managing newsletter and my senior year of college.
Great Place for Students!
Student Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work, benefits, atmosphere
I work at Georgia State University a s a student assistant and my hours are flexible. I learn a lot about the ins and outs of my department, my co-workers are nice and helpful, and the best part is that since I work at the front desk I get to speak with all the walk-ins. The hardest part would have to be juggling all the multiple tasks that I get since – more... we do get busy at times. Other than that its excellent, in addition I also heard that its hard to get a job with GSU not because a lot of people don't qualify but because so many people are trying to get on board with GSU. – less
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Great balance between work life and personal life. Great benefits and job security. Support from management.
My company
student (Former Employee), atlanta, georgiaMay 23, 2014
The company has closed. When it was open it was profitable. That's all
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
Excellent working environment, very time flexible, people are really nice to work with.
Enjoy working here!
Productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2014
We help people for a desire to better themselves . We show support for one another and shoe appreciation likewise.
Job Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 18, 2014
I learned field experience working as an assistant. Had fun while teaching the classes and clarifying doubts for students.
Great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2014
Although this was only a temporary assignment I really enjoyed working for Georgia Sate University
Good
Respiratory Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed working with the hospital staff and interacting with the students.
Interesting
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Everyday was a fresh start because it seems like Math problems were always on the students mind but in many different ways.
Great enviroment to work
International Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: professional development
Cons: traffic working downtown
I loved every minute of my career here at Georgia State. The classes, the students and the people. All great.
Growing university with a lot of potential
Employee Development & Wellness Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2014
GSU is an exciting place to start a career because it is expanding quickly and is full of opportunity!

1 2 3 4 5