Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employer Reviews

My experience at Georgia Institute of Technology
Administrative Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great lunches and retreats from managerial staff
Cons: Sometimes no lunch at all, however certain situations happens
My typical day at Georgia Tech was exciting and a rewarding experience. It allowed to promote positive energy to my co-workers and students who I both assist during my career as a administrator coordinator.

This was the ultimate part of my job is to participate as a team player for the entire management of this great institution of learning. The hardest part of my job was not to enable financial assistance to students who were need of money of there education.
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
Explaining the technology to people
Communicating with people speaking différent languages
Helping teacher with présentations in classrooms and lectures
Productive and fun workplace
Custodian 2 (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 10, 2015
Georgia Tech is a good company to work for, tech help you to accomplish any goals that you need to meet to move up in a better position.
Learn a lot in Georgia Tech
Data Analyst (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 3, 2015
Independently finish different projects. Learn about experiment design, data collection, data cleaning, data visualization and feature extraction.
Great Job Security
Research Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Overall Tech is a great place to work. The atmosphere is great here, there's no drama and best of all they reward employees with raises and job advancement.
Great Voluntary Experience
1-to-1 Tutor (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 1, 2015
BOPSOP provides tutoring to primary school students. My supervisor is informative and friendly. She told me a lot of her experience while she was a volunteer
Great place to work.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hours are extremely flexible schedule
Cons: parking is difficult, ill managed, and expensive
Typical work day consisted of assisting full-time staff. I was able to learn how to work in an office setting, with deadlines and progress reports.
Weird culture
Contract Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits for direct employees, job security
Cons: traffic, political atmosphere
Workplace is pretty political, things are a bit too freewheeling at times, pretty light on processes. Things can feel a lot like a social club, and if you're on the outside it's not a good thing. There are a good number of socially awkward people around.
Weird culture
Contract Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits for direct employees, job security
Cons: traffic, political atmosphere
Great place for research
Post-Doc (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: top university-good reputation, plenty of resources for research, smart co-workers
Cons: stressful work environment, maintaining work/life balance is a challenge
I have been working at Georgia Tech full time for more than six years. A great place to work specially if somebody wants to pursue his/her career in the Research and Development sector. Competitive environment with lots of resources and smart/helpful co-workers.
it was a good job
Volunteer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
i thought it was a good job good hours you don't have to work everyday good pay. But I was just a volunteer. I learned that you have to be quick on your feet. a typical day depends on the people who come for the company. my co- workers are awesome they help with thing that I need. the hardest part is not knowing what you walk in to at work. its a very good job I like to volunteer a GT
Awesome school and everyone is super nice
Research Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
exquisite school to attend. beautiful campus

very hard school: that is why the degree is so prestigious. Social life is not all that wonderful.
Good University
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Good university; professional atmosphere; beautiful midtown campus with excellent facilities; students are smart and hardworking; plenty of resources and support from staff
research assistant
Researcher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2015
It was a very good experience for my future career. I got very good knowledge on MEMS industry.Georgia Tech has one of the largest and advanced clean rooms in the word.
Important to choose your research advisor wisely
PhD Research and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Each research program demands long hours. Choosing an advisor that has your own interests in mind as well as their own is important. Otherwise it can be a struggle.
No comment
Administrative Professional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free promo items
Cons: no raise in 4 years.
I really don't have anything to say about GT. There really isn't much to tell. Good or bad depends upon which department you work in & the management group who oversee the department.
Great Working in Academia
Director of Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with educated people and the opportunity for me to learn from these people. I looked forward working everyday in this environment and the flexibility provided as long as all expectations from my superiors were met. Basically, I could come and go as I pleased as long as goals were achieved.
Research in Hispanic Literature
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
As a Research Assistant for the School of Modern Languages, I studied, researched, and created questions/activities for a textbook focusing on Identity in Hispanic Literature. My individual hours of reading and writing in Spanish were met with those of three other students on my team. With the guidance of the leading professor, we created resources for a book to be used in future classrooms.
Productive and great place to work!
Accountant II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
One of the best places to be employed and the best people you could ever ask to work alongside. From management to employees, as great place to work.
The Top World New have classified GT as one of the best organization to work for
Facilities Coordinator (Clough Commons/Library) (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: located at the heart of the city of atlanta
Georgia Institute of Technology is ranked the 7th best Public University in the United States.

Customer service is a key area. The organization also provide opportunities for growth through professional development.

1 2 3 4 5