Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hours are extremely flexible schedule
Cons: parking is difficult, ill managed, and expensive
Typical work day consisted of assisting full-time staff. I was able to learn how to work in an office setting, with deadlines and progress reports.
Weird culture
Contract Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits for direct employees, job security
Cons: traffic, political atmosphere
Workplace is pretty political, things are a bit too freewheeling at times, pretty light on processes. Things can feel a lot like a social club, and if you're on the outside it's not a good thing. There are a good number of socially awkward people around.
Weird culture
Contract Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits for direct employees, job security
Cons: traffic, political atmosphere
Great place for research
Post-Doc (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: top university-good reputation, plenty of resources for research, smart co-workers
Cons: stressful work environment, maintaining work/life balance is a challenge
I have been working at Georgia Tech full time for more than six years. A great place to work specially if somebody wants to pursue his/her career in the Research and Development sector. Competitive environment with lots of resources and smart/helpful co-workers.
it was a good job
Volunteer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
i thought it was a good job good hours you don't have to work everyday good pay. But I was just a volunteer. I learned that you have to be quick on your feet. a typical day depends on the people who come for the company. my co- workers are awesome they help with thing that I need. the hardest part is not knowing what you walk in to at work. its a very good job I like to volunteer a GT
Awesome school and everyone is super nice
Research Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
exquisite school to attend. beautiful campus

very hard school: that is why the degree is so prestigious. Social life is not all that wonderful.
Good University
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Good university; professional atmosphere; beautiful midtown campus with excellent facilities; students are smart and hardworking; plenty of resources and support from staff
research assistant
Researcher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2015
It was a very good experience for my future career. I got very good knowledge on MEMS industry.Georgia Tech has one of the largest and advanced clean rooms in the word.
Important to choose your research advisor wisely
PhD Research and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Each research program demands long hours. Choosing an advisor that has your own interests in mind as well as their own is important. Otherwise it can be a struggle.
No comment
Administrative Professional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free promo items
Cons: no raise in 4 years.
I really don't have anything to say about GT. There really isn't much to tell. Good or bad depends upon which department you work in & the management group who oversee the department.
Great Working in Academia
Director of Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with educated people and the opportunity for me to learn from these people. I looked forward working everyday in this environment and the flexibility provided as long as all expectations from my superiors were met. Basically, I could come and go as I pleased as long as goals were achieved.
Research in Hispanic Literature
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
As a Research Assistant for the School of Modern Languages, I studied, researched, and created questions/activities for a textbook focusing on Identity in Hispanic Literature. My individual hours of reading and writing in Spanish were met with those of three other students on my team. With the guidance of the leading professor, we created resources for a book to be used in future classrooms.
Productive and great place to work!
Accountant II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
One of the best places to be employed and the best people you could ever ask to work alongside. From management to employees, as great place to work.
The Top World New have classified GT as one of the best organization to work for
Facilities Coordinator (Clough Commons/Library) (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: located at the heart of the city of atlanta
Georgia Institute of Technology is ranked the 7th best Public University in the United States.

Customer service is a key area. The organization also provide opportunities for growth through professional development.
Great opportunity for students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
A great opportunity for students wishing to gain hands on experience.
Innovative enviroment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Typical academic research
Interesting research subjects
Great experience at Georgia Tech
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Georgia Tech is a great school and very good place to work at. I really enjoyed the 6 years studying and working there. It got good reputation on research and education. The weather of Atlanta is very comfortable and is a plus.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Security Officer (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAJanuary 5, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING FOR GATECH BECAUSE OF THE INTERACTIONS AND GETTING TO KNOW THE STUDENTS. I BECAME SORT OF AN ADJUNCT ADVISOR. I JUST DISAGREE WITH THE WAY WE WERE TOLD THAT WE WOULD NO LONGER HAVE A JOB, AND I FEEL THEY COULD HAVE PLACED US IN OTHER CAPACITIES ON CAMPUS.
Great place to build a career
Public Safety/ Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, enviroment
Cons: management
There's always opportunities for advancement at Tech. Great environment because of the different culture the students bring.
Great work environment
Director of Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Great work environment at Georgia Tech. The people are easy to work with and working with some of the brightest minds in science and technology is fascinating. The only downside is limited advancement opportunities for non science and engineering professionals.

1 2 3 4 5