Georgia Tech Employee Reviews in United States

Incredible work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
I can't think of a better work environment than a college campus, especially one as beautiful and centrally located as Georgia Tech. The campus is very green and has plenty of places to work outside your office. Universities are a place where new ideas and technologies are showcased and discussed, so being central figure in that that is a great opportunity. Best of all are the GT students. These are some of the most talented and brightest minds in the world and it's an incredible opportunity to be able to contribute to their future in a meaningful and engaging way.
Pros
Working with academically motivated students and great faculty
Cons
opportunities for advancement
Research Staff or Support
Special Security Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2016
Fast pace dealing with 16 different DoD agencies and entities. Multi-tasking a must. It was very difficult to spend an hour on one issue before running to the next fire. Engineers are focused on their project and don't see the whole picture. Everyone wants to be the number one priority. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Contstantly multi-tasking. Support staff not viewed as researchers.
Another company that ignores their IT needs
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
While Georgia Tech is world-renowned for its educational and research practices, it typically neglects to keep its support teams as relevant as it needs to in order to conduct business effectively. IT leaders are ineffective and primarily interested in maintaining a culture that maintains the status quo and keeps them looking good.
Pros
40-hour work week, positive team environment, excellent benefits
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, culture of mediocrity
fair
Senior Administrative Prof (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
The Institute as a whole is great. It is important to select the right department for employment. All departments are not the same. Each College and department has a different cultures. Where some departments are more technology advanced, some schools have internal systems that hinders the growth of the department because of the requirements not associated with your skills or abilities. Georgia Tech, overall has great benefits, family oriented, provide tuition assistance and CRC recreation and a great administration.
Pros
tuition reimbursement and assistance
Cons
paying for parking average of 760.00 a year
Innovation with freedom
Research Faculty (Engineer I) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
Great environment for research with powerful facility and collaboration opportunity.
Compensation is reasonable.
Pros
Research university, Guaranteed freedom for research
Cons
House rent is getting higher around GT, Traffic is bad
typical day at work
Research Assistant, Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  atlanta GASeptember 21, 2015
Fun work with place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. dsfsdfdsfdsfsdafasdfas
Pros
free drinking
Cons
work/life balance
Enjoyable and rewarding research project
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
I was new the field or cycling studies in algae strains as well as research in cryogensis methods for the strains of algae. However, the lab team was easy to work with and my supervisor was passionate about the research and thorough in teach and progressing my abilities and confidence. This was done through executing the lab experiments as well as participating in weekly meeting and giving monthly presentations.
Pros
Wonderful growing opportunity in my lab and research skills
Great!
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2016
No worries and fun, is a great experience. Fast and easy to learn the ropes and everyone works with you to make it an efficient and smooth process. Great management as well.
Higher education
Staff person non-PhD (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2015
Few raises, some compensated more than others
Good work schedule
Good coworkers
Most enjoyable working with the students
Experience does not matter
Pros
location
Cons
salary
Unappreciated
Director, of the Arabic Language Program (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 23, 2015
Despite my good teaching reviews, research and publications, service and help in securing a grant from the Department of Education to my department I was denied tenure because of some administrative issues. This was done without the slightest indication from the higher up administration through out the 6 years I spent there.
Pros
Benefits, Campus, Classrooms
Cons
Unappreciation, unfairness
This could be a good place to work if you get into right department.
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
My overall rating of the school would be 3 of 5 stars. It could be very stable place of employment. However pay is not come close to what you could make in the corporate sector. It could be difficult to advance especially if you are in a smaller department.
Pros
Nice large campus students are friendly diverse culture.
Cons
Compensation, Management
Great people, not so great management
Director of Budget and Finance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
I have met great people. The advancement is awful. Human resources is bad.It has great work/life balance. Compensation is lower than market.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No advancement
Undergraduate Research
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
• Constructed new Georgia Tech police patrolling zones based on maximal Police Patrolling Area Cover (PPAC) optimization model and Voronoi Diagram algorithm to resolve crime concentration issue with a current patrolling zone
• Analyzed trends and patterns of crime in greater Atlanta Area using various regression methods and created semi-automation of forecasting methods by developing a Holt-Winter’s Method template in Excel
An Ideal Job
Electrician 1 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2015
A great place to work. A faculty that's a family. Great benefits and time off as well as college incentives. The best job I've had in my career
Pros
Faculty cook outs and holiday parties
Cons
No chance for overtime
My experience at Georgia Institute of Technology
Administrative Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
My typical day at Georgia Tech was exciting and a rewarding experience. It allowed to promote positive energy to my co-workers and students who I both assist during my career as a administrator coordinator.

This was the ultimate part of my job is to participate as a team player for the entire management of this great institution of learning. The hardest part of my job was not to enable financial assistance to students who were need of money of there education.
Pros
Great lunches and retreats from managerial staff
Cons
Sometimes no lunch at all, however certain situations happens
Great Place to work.
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
I loved my job at GA Tech. It was very fulfilling and I would work there again. I enjoyed working with students and helping them solve their problems.
My manager was one of the best managers I have ever had and I would work for him again if given the opportunity.
Great place for research
Post-Doc (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
I have been working at Georgia Tech full time for more than six years. A great place to work specially if somebody wants to pursue his/her career in the Research and Development sector. Competitive environment with lots of resources and smart/helpful co-workers.
Pros
top university-good reputation, plenty of resources for research, smart co-workers
Cons
stressful work environment, maintaining work/life balance is a challenge
PostDoctoral Training
Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 29, 2016
This is one of my postdoctoral fellowship training site. I learnt a lot and synthesized a number of compounds, published a number of papers. Attended several conferences
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Fun place to work with great people.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
The only reason I put the lowering rating for job security and for benefits is because I was simply a co-op there and did not really have either. However, I felt like everyone was very nice there and was always very helpful for people who needed to learn. I learned a lot while working there and quite a few skills. I am very glad that this was the place that I got to co-op at.
Good place to work for
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2016
Campus is full of great energy. Very enjoyable to work there. You will find diversity in all aspects, which is a big thing to me. Love it there!

4.3