Georgia Tech Employee Reviews

I worked as a university researcher, overall great school and good academic environment.
Research Engineer & Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
Georgia Tech is a university so the atmosphere is relaxed and academic. Great place to learn a lot from. Career advancement was not on my mind at GT since I intended to graduate and leave.
love the atmosphere
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30329November 13, 2017
Most honest job I've ever work for and I was the only female working in that department I was treated as an equal. I get to choose the location I need to work in.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
too much working outside in the heat
Acoustician and Music Technologist
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 9, 2017
The basic objective shared by the projects is to understand the mechanisms by which the vibration or sound is initially generated, or modified as it propagates, or detected by the receiving transducer.
Overall, a good place to work, and enjoy its many opportunities, including a charming campus near downtown Atlanta
Assistant Profesor, Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Teaching in a "service department" naturally limited the opportunities for creating and teaching higher-level courses in my field of research interests. On the other hand, I enjoyed the intellectually stimulating life on campus and in the wider community. More specifically, I teamed up with a fellow professor in Georgia Tech's history department, and co-authored a translation of a history of the philosophy of technology written by a German scholar, and saw this co-production published.
Very Flexible & Steady Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility within my schedule due to the nature of my job. I have been promoted once which afforded a salary increase. There were challenges in terms of work culture, professional development, and preparation for the next role. I really enjoyed working with my students as they are very current with trends and are self aware of their skills and where they sit in society.
Pros
Free Lunches, Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Opportunities for Advancement, Annual Raises
Great jobs available for students
Peer Led Undergraduate Study (PLUS) Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
I work as a tutor and it is extremely rewarding. The other tutors are extremely friendly, and the manager is always available for help. Hours are flexible and work accordingly with student schedules.
Productive and balanced workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
The workplace is very balanced and collaboration is greatly encouraged. The PI's do there best to try to take your needs into account and will do what they can to help you get to your desired career goals.
Worthwhile research and design
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
I was able to have access to technical knowledge that was on the cutting-edge. I enjoyed freedom and independence in my work hours, and coworkers were nearly always ready for something to do outside of work. Research was difficult, but professors were very intelligent.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
Georgia tech is great place to work. Good work life balance. Intellectually stimulating environment. Great facility to equip highly motivated and energetic scientists to fulfill their scientific endeavours
Successful
Faculty Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
My experience working at Georgia Tech has been great. The many opportunities that are available are wonderful. You don't feel that you are stuck in one position working for many years and have no opportunity to move up. I also appreciate the tuition assistance program for those employees that are wanting to further their education for greater success.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Pay grade
My favorite job so far
Instructional Media Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
So far I have enjoyed my time working for Georgia Tech. The work environment is one of the best I've ever been a part of. The management is attentive toward employees needs.
GREAT place to work
OMS CS Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. You learn a a lot from every perspective. You develop a sense of commitment towards academic excellence to exceeding expectations and understand the impact of how successful student engagement regarding academic curriculum can advance the initiatives of an institution of learning.
Pros
knowledge
Great Institution
Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
The architecture school has a real focus on superior education to train students for the real world, Many of the professors produce architecture installations and submit for design competitions.
Great place to work if you can get past some management issues.
Operations and Event Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
The Georgia Tech environment as a whole seemed to be really great and inviting. They offer some really good benefits and everyone seems fairly friendly and just personable enough that it's not bothersome. My only problem was that the manager who hired me did so as he was in the process of receiving another job himself, so he was only there for a couple of weeks after I got there. His manager and assistant carried the weight of his position while his position was vacant. His manager, while clearly overly qualified, was usually busy being that he was in charge of two buildings and numerous other things and the assistant, as nice enough person as they were, was incompetent at their own job so even much less so at trying to do his, hers, and trying to do another job for which she had no experience in on the side. I few months in they finally hired someone to replace him and he came in with seemingly just as much incompetence as the assistant.
Graduate Research Assitant
Graduate Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Not only was it a very rewarding experience and opportunity to be a research assistant, I have learned so much from Georgia Tech. Not only was the research that I pursued a topic of my choice, but the professors had guided me through the whole step. I was able to submit my thesis and research methods for review to leading publications.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
I worked in two very different departments at Georgia Tech and both were amazing. Very flexible and progressive work environments with competitive salaries.
working there was fun being outside that time of the year was good.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
watering flowers and plants, you get to know your surroundings and the people you see are friendly the workplace culture was easy when we all get together and share
Pros
everyone turst everybody, we ate and played games together
Cons
having to be out in the heat too long., or having to work in the cold and on rainy days
Good work culture, fun bosses, who are relaxed but very organized and have high standards
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
A typical day in the job involves working alongside clients who have scheduled events in the building, and trying to optimize the guests experience by being as attentive as possible. It also requires office knowledge of how to book and/or plan events. The management has a very clear work culture, which they impart on their employees. They treat their employees as they expect themselves to be treated: with ultimate respect. This is one of the things I enjoyed the most about this job, because most of the time it doesn't feel like they are your bosses, instead it feels like you are working alongside them with the same goal in mind.
Pros
They understand that I am student so they give me time-off when I need it.
Cons
schedule can be a bit intense
Great Position for Those who like research and building with their hand
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
Being a research assistant is perfect for someone who intends on doing a masters later on. There is a lot of designing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing and assembling in this type of job.
Faculty Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work is to provide quality and detail work for faculty and students. I have gain a great amount of experience while at GA Tech. It is a very diverse culture and an opportunity to learn about various cultures. It is a good opportunity to learn different jobs and gain experience. GA Tech is a great place to work!