Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employee Reviews

An Ideal Job
Electrician 1 (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Faculty cook outs and holiday parties
Cons: No chance for overtime
A great place to work. A faculty that's a family. Great benefits and time off as well as college incentives. The best job I've had in my career
Machine Learning Project (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
Student and researchers are very smart and productive. I like the flexibility of doing research and projects. Meetings are very effective.
Life at Tech
Deputy Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Education
Cons: Working for the State
Normally my days were anywhere from 8-10 Mon-Fri and always on call. I learned that working in State Government jobs were totally different than any place I've ever worked. I learn that you MUST hold people accountable no matter what cause because if could/can backfire on you. I had co-workers that been at GaTech for years and had NO desire to advance or better themselves. The hardest part of my Job at Tech was not actually deciding to leave earlier. The most enjoyable part of being there was to see my accomplishments that I along with my team did accomplish during my 8yr.
fair
Senior Administrative Prof (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement and assistance
Cons: paying for parking average of 760.00 a year
The Institute as a whole is great. It is important to select the right department for employment. All departments are not the same. Each College and department has a different cultures. Where some departments are more technology advanced, some schools have internal systems that hinders the growth of the department because of the requirements not associated with your skills or abilities. Georgia Tech, overall has great benefits, family oriented, provide tuition assistance and CRC recreation and a great administration.
Great school, privelige to work here
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 28, 2015
Pros: Beautiful campus in a great location
Cons: Parking
It was a pleasure to work with Georgia Tech students and faculty. The students took their work seriously which made my job so much more fun.
Wonder summer research program
Researcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
I think I learned more about the process of developing an experiment than I did about the concepts I was testing. In the end, I think many of my colleagues were a bit jealous about my experience.
Good
Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
This an excellent university in terms of providing professional training of students and exposing them to modern techniques in the current industry.
Communication Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Nice place to work. Good work life balance.

Having access to the campus recreation center is great. Employee / staff class rocks.
Great people, not so great management
Director of Budget and Finance (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: No advancement
I have met great people. The advancement is awful. Human resources is bad.It has great work/life balance. Compensation is lower than market.
Another company that ignores their IT needs
Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: 40-hour work week, positive team environment, excellent benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, culture of mediocrity
While Georgia Tech is world-renowned for its educational and research practices, it typically neglects to keep its support teams as relevant as it needs to in order to conduct business effectively. IT leaders are ineffective and primarily interested in maintaining a culture that maintains the status quo and keeps them looking good.
Great work environment
Collections Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
I've been employed at Georgia Tech since 2009, I enjoyed the environment and my co-workers. The people are nice and easy to work with.
I learnt a lot at Georgia Tech
Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2015
I learnt a lot at Georgia Tech, both on the technical part and on the metal part. Studying at Georgia Tech prepared me well to work under pressure and at multiple tasks at once.
Interesting job that needs more diversity
Government & Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed the responsibility in which I was entrusted with providing a great and memorable experience for those visiting the campus. It was great being charge with leaving an impression that could impact the future education of our youth. The hardest part of this job was there was no real balance between work and home/family if you weren't in a high management position. Many of those employed by the company were very biased and made work challenging and unrewarding.
Good school and place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
GT is a place where I attended graduate school and where I currently work. This is a great school, but working in the academia has it's issues.
Fun place to work with great people.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
The only reason I put the lowering rating for job security and for benefits is because I was simply a co-op there and did not really have either. However, I felt like everyone was very nice there and was always very helpful for people who needed to learn. I learned a lot while working there and quite a few skills. I am very glad that this was the place that I got to co-op at.
Fun workplace
Athletics Events Assistant (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 7, 2015
easy work, managing fans, checking their tickets, running lost and found were typical responsibilities. You sign up for your schedule giving you the control.
A good place to work while being a student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMay 5, 2015
Good place to work. Help to gain experiences in multiple area. Also the work load is not very heavy. In general, TA position is very good for full-time students.
great school to study and work at
Graduate Researcher at Georgia Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2015
Very flexible, professors easy to work with and very resourceful. Great school, classes are very insightful. Students are very fun to work with.
Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta GAApril 29, 2015
Nice school to get an advanced degree. The research is cutting-edge and scientifically in-depth. Generally a very good experience.
Fun workplace and awesome enviorment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
Did various assigned tasks while providing support with the phone system. Flexible work schedule for working around classes.

1 2 3 4 5