Georgia Tech Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work for
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2016
Campus is full of great energy. Very enjoyable to work there. You will find diversity in all aspects, which is a big thing to me. Love it there!
Great Place to work.
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
I loved my job at GA Tech. It was very fulfilling and I would work there again. I enjoyed working with students and helping them solve their problems.
My manager was one of the best managers I have ever had and I would work for him again if given the opportunity.
Enjoyable and rewarding research project
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
I was new the field or cycling studies in algae strains as well as research in cryogensis methods for the strains of algae. However, the lab team was easy to work with and my supervisor was passionate about the research and thorough in teach and progressing my abilities and confidence. This was done through executing the lab experiments as well as participating in weekly meeting and giving monthly presentations.
Pros
Wonderful growing opportunity in my lab and research skills
Competitive, elite engineering school
Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
One of the best engineering school in the world. Ridiculous workload and being trained to know how to learn the material by yourself.
Incredible work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
I can't think of a better work environment than a college campus, especially one as beautiful and centrally located as Georgia Tech. The campus is very green and has plenty of places to work outside your office. Universities are a place where new ideas and technologies are showcased and discussed, so being central figure in that that is a great opportunity. Best of all are the GT students. These are some of the most talented and brightest minds in the world and it's an incredible opportunity to be able to contribute to their future in a meaningful and engaging way.
Pros
Working with academically motivated students and great faculty
Cons
opportunities for advancement
PostDoctoral Training
Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 29, 2016
This is one of my postdoctoral fellowship training site. I learnt a lot and synthesized a number of compounds, published a number of papers. Attended several conferences
Pros
Excellent working environment
great company
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
great company to work for the staff is fantastic easy to get to on public transportation the hours are great and the work enviroment is suitable for anyone wanting to work
Pros
great staff
Great!
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2016
No worries and fun, is a great experience. Fast and easy to learn the ropes and everyone works with you to make it an efficient and smooth process. Great management as well.
Research Staff or Support
Special Security Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2016
Fast pace dealing with 16 different DoD agencies and entities. Multi-tasking a must. It was very difficult to spend an hour on one issue before running to the next fire. Engineers are focused on their project and don't see the whole picture. Everyone wants to be the number one priority. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Contstantly multi-tasking. Support staff not viewed as researchers.
Undergraduate Research
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
• Constructed new Georgia Tech police patrolling zones based on maximal Police Patrolling Area Cover (PPAC) optimization model and Voronoi Diagram algorithm to resolve crime concentration issue with a current patrolling zone
• Analyzed trends and patterns of crime in greater Atlanta Area using various regression methods and created semi-automation of forecasting methods by developing a Holt-Winter’s Method template in Excel
Innovation with freedom
Research Faculty (Engineer I) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
Great environment for research with powerful facility and collaboration opportunity.
Compensation is reasonable.
Pros
Research university, Guaranteed freedom for research
Cons
House rent is getting higher around GT, Traffic is bad
Interesting experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
It was a brief part time work, but it was an interesting experience to work with and maintain the lab machinery. It was also enlightening to see how the research in a university was conducted.
Research University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2015
Working in a research lab as graduate student, lab is located in North Avenue Research Area, traffic is not convenient.
Unappreciated
Director, of the Arabic Language Program (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 23, 2015
Despite my good teaching reviews, research and publications, service and help in securing a grant from the Department of Education to my department I was denied tenure because of some administrative issues. This was done without the slightest indication from the higher up administration through out the 6 years I spent there.
Pros
Benefits, Campus, Classrooms
Cons
Unappreciation, unfairness
Student Engineer
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
Honda Aircraft is far the best in terms of enjoyable workplace from my experiences. On the daily basis I run finite element simulation in patran/nastran and discuss the result with my boss. We played soccer after work with coworkers and I miss them so much now.
Pros
Lot of excitement
Productive and challenging
Research Tech III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
My typical day can vary from scientific research, lab duties, administrative duties, assisting students with research and design, machining, autocad or solidworks, or learning new skills.
Undergraduate Researchers Treated Well
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2015
As an undergraduate researcher at Georgia Tech, I was treated well and offered plenty of opportunities to gain new experience. I highly recommend the institute for any research position.
Working with research engineers
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Typing secret clearance documents, reports, contracts, scheduling meetings, setting up files, maintains secret safe documentation.
Pros
Working on campus. Interacting with students
Cons
Pay scale to low
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Though i was a graduate research assistant i was given enough responsibility to learn and grow. I learnt a lot from my superiors
Higher education
Staff person non-PhD (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2015
Few raises, some compensated more than others
Good work schedule
Good coworkers
Most enjoyable working with the students
Experience does not matter
Pros
location
Cons
salary

4.3