Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employer Reviews

Great place
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: meet people, learn different cultures, coworkers get along very well.
Cons: a new management would be better.
Georgia tech is a great place, you get to meet people from different countries and experience and learn from they're cultures. The people are very friendly.
graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), atlantaApril 7, 2014
Different research projects.
Typical graduate student life.
Nice campus and facilities.
Good culture and facilities
Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2014
Great user facilities make it possible to do almost any experiment.
Research groups can be like fiefdoms so it's best to approach a student in that group rather than the professor directly if you need something.
Great place to start research in engineering
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
Depending on the advisor, but the work hour is flexible.
Good infrastructure (measurement equipment, hardwares)
It's an ok place to work if you're in the right department
HR / Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2014
I enjoy my job and my coworkers but management could use some work.
Productive work environment. Knowledgeable staff, and fun workplace
Research Technician I/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
A Typical day at work is always a new beginning. Guest speakers, new installation of cutting edge equipment, and providing service to graduate students in research makes the environment challenging and fun.
I have learned how to accept continuous change within the work environment and anticipate the expectations and demands that are presented by my – more... superiors
Management is very supportive and encouraging towards staff and maintain a high standard of work ethic.
My co-workers are helpful and easy to communicate with.
The hardest part of the job would be installing expensive and heavy new equipment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to operate the equipment after it has been installed. – less
Learned a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 11, 2014
I have been working as an undergraduate research assistant. I have learned a lot in the process.
Good
Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2014
Good .....................................................................................
Tutor for students
Post-doctoral fellow (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
I am ready tot each students or to help them as a tutor(math or physics or to work as a researcher (subsonic aerodynamics, mechanics of solid bodies)
Silos and Students
EA to the Dean (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: involvement with students keeps you young at heart
Cons: no career paths or advancement
It is great to work with donor's and students. The atmosphere is fun, flexible and challenging all at the same time. There is a two class system working at this venue. One - faculty (PhD) and then the staff. The faculty are amazingly brilliant and fun to work with, they challenge you and make you "think outside the box". The administration however, – more... does not encourage or promote the value of the staff. If you are looking for a "just a job" you are in the right place. If you are looking for a "career" you may want to look elsewhere. – less
Fun workplace and great for team building
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Harrison Residence HallFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free housing, biweekly stipend, free meal plan
Cons: program requirements can be rigid
This is a great way to demonstrate leadership and learn how to facilitate community in one's living environment. It's also great for those that are looking for ways to give back to the school.
Awesome job
SAA Tradition Tour Guide (Current Employee), atlantaFebruary 16, 2014
- It is the most amazing job that I have ever had.
- we get to meet new students and parents and help them understand the campus better.
Excellent place to do research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
The campus is well designed for scientific research. Plenty of opportunities for collaborations with many departments with high national rankings and good equipment.
Interesting type of work
Full-time House Crew (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: nice people, great atmosphere
Cons: pay isn't that great, some areas aren't clean
The work in the Ferst Center is very simple. Co-workers are very sweet and easy to talk to. Some work days can be a breeze and other work days can be hectic.
Joint phd and TA
Apr.2014 Teacher Assistance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2014
I am a joint P. h. D candidate both in the China Center for Human Capital and Labor Market Research (CHLR) at the Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE) and School of Economics at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, U.S.A and will get my economics p. h. Degree in July 2014 on schedule. CHLR is an integral part of the Advantageous – more... Program Platform in Economics and Public Policy at the CUFE, have a team of international scholars and train graduate students to international standards and adopt international management practices in the Center’s daily operation. – less
Wonderful place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2014
work 60 h per week, advanced technology, average management, nice co-workers, research, publish results
Hi paced, but wonderful work environment
Domain Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: laid back envoronment when classes are in session
Cons: extremely hectic in between classes and semesters
My experience with GA Tech has been one filled with camaraderie. There is an extreme sense of team here, my colleagues are top notch with soft skills and technical prowess, a wonderful place to work. Working in education will not yield the greatest salary, but the perks and Teammates make this position a wonderful one.
Office Automation Specialist/Doc Imaging Asso III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, atmosphere
Georgia Tech has wonderful culture environment to work end.
Very intelligent and stimulating coworkers, and lots of opportunities to experience the entirety of college administration.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2014
Working for a university administration office puts you in contact with many intelligent people. It also teaches you about the world of academia in a very intimate way that few people ever experience.
Life as an administrative assistant can vary widely day to day. Some days were spent in the office organizing coworkers schedules, entertaining visitors, – more... answering phones, providing information, and taking care of basic office necessities. The assistant also has the opportunity to meet and entertain prospective faculty, students, and clients doing business with the university. I was also lucky enough to be given the opportunity to present the "Introduction to the College of Engineering" speech to visiting students and their families. This was certainly my favorite part of the job as I enjoy public speaking. It also forced me to learn much more about the college than I otherwise would have.
My only complaint was the general lifestyle attributed to academia. Personally, I desire a more competitive business like atmosphere. – less
Wonderful staff and ability to accomplish positive professional growth
Assoc. VP Pres. / Student Serv. and Bus. Affairs (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2013
Pros: great place to work, excellent leaders, student body, faculty, & environment
Cons: traffic, downtown location, & parking.
Top Notch University!

I was in charge of bringing new Programs and Facilities to the campus and institution involving hundreds of Professional & Non Professional stall members.

Tech is one of the leading Engineering & Technical schools in the world.

The student body & educational staff where great (both supportive & friendly)

Great place to work – more... and become a member of a large involved community. – less

1 2 3 4 5