Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employer Reviews

Great environment for an engineer
REU Summer Research Assistant to Dr. Patricio Vela (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
I was surrounded by brilliant engineers, which was inspiring.

My lab had a great culture.
Opportunity of growth and development
ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Typical 8 hour work day
Chance to learned various software and applications
Management is opened to new ideas and operations
Great part-time job
Supervisor of Lab and X-Ray (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good place for prn work
Cons: none.
Worked part time in Baptist clinic. Fun, enjoyable. Worked with patients, physicians, nurses staff. Etc.
OK
SQL Server DBA, ETL Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
This is a OK please to work. Work load is low. Co-works are friendly. Commute is far.
Georgia Tech: endless possibilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
There are so many opportunities to excel. Research interests are treated with the a bit more importance than class work. Career development is great here. People are all very driven.
Excellent place to work with good environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits and work environment
Cons: low pay and bi-weekly payment.
Good place to work but the pay is low and pay is bi-weekly. Good co-oworkers and working atmosphere. There are lots of little perks and the benefits are pretty good. Overall good place to work.
Good place to work, not the best place to grow
Research Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
If you're looking for a relaxed work environment, unbeatable job security, great benefits with TONS of paid leave, and very friendly coworkers, this is the place. You're expected to be technically skilled and professional, and to deliver when it comes to meeting project goals, but you're given a lot of flexibility in terms of how your time is spent – more... in reaching those goals. I can't imagine a company with better work-life balance.

What I can imagine, however, is a company with more room for advancement, better opportunities to build a strong resume for career growth, and higher pay.

The trade-off is definitely fair, so it really depends on what you're after in life. For me, it would have been a better place to finish my career than to start it. – less
Good school
student (Former Employee), atlanta,GAAugust 3, 2014
Georgia institute of technology is a good school. i love to be a part of georgia tech.
Productive and fun but consistency required
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
Life as a PhD graduate student is exciting, fun, and at the same time hardworking. It is a great experience to become an active researcher at one of the nation's top research institutes.
Excellent experience
Research Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Worked with PhD student to perform lab analysis. Excellent experience with freedom in hours
Flexible work environment
Electronic Systems Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: very loose organizational structure
A typical day consist of meetings and/or research for various DoD funded projects.
Georgia Tech
Program Coordinator of Employer Relations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Georgia Tech is a good place to work and build a career. Especially, since the school pays for you to attend grad school.
job review
Stock/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working around big time college athletes
Cons: no work in the summer and unemployment was too little to survive off of
I started off small in the kitchen as a runner meaning i ran items to cafeteria for cooks and chefs. I stocked all juice machines,ice machines plates and silverware. I also cleaned up all parts of cafeteria by sweeping mopping and washing dishes. I help with stocking and emptying trash.After a year i was recruited to work in a more exclusive part of – more... cafeteria with a small raise and i did same job with more stocking and helping prepare meals. – less
Awesome Experience
Defense Portfolio Student Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
I loved every moment of my time here!

My boss was supportive and professional.
My co-workers were great.
Fun Place to work
Summer Intern (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 12, 2014
Pros: highly qualified peers, foosball
Lots to learn and one of the best places to work at..
Awesome place to learn and grow as an individual
Lab TA
Undergraduate Teaching Asssistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Set-up/cleaned up lab experiments. Supervised students running experiments and aided them in troubleshooting. Held recitation/office hours for the students. Supervising professors were very helpful in helping with any issues.
challenging culture to penetrate
Accountant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
Challenging to learn the tools of the University without knowing all the key players
security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: helthcare
Responsibilities include the patrol of library buildings and periphery to ensure safety of occupants, Check identity of all individuals entering the library, Enforcement of library security rules and regulations within the library building
Working in a college atmosphere
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed making a comfortable atmosphere for the freshmen at georgia tech
Cons: spiders on the stairways and near the window seal
I never had a boring day working for Georgia Tech. I remember every year I would see new freshmen entering my building. At Georgia Tech each employee had their own building to clean. I had the freshman building. I would become over excited whenever fall came alone, because it was my opportunity to performed extra deep cleaning to make my building presentable – more... for the freshman students and their parents. I had to shampoo my carpet, polish the stairways, clean the front entrance, and the kitchen & lobby and use this special machine to pressure wash the showers and bathrooms.

Also while working their I trained 30 employees. I had so much fun training. I love to train people and watch them imitate me. – less
Educating Environment
research assistant (Current Employee), atlantaMay 22, 2014
At Georgia Tech, we were nurtured as young chemist to develop in to complete critical thinking professionals and teachers.

1 2 3 4 5