Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech Employer Reviews

work/life balance
Professional Education Portfolio Manager I (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
It is a work/life balance institute and depending on the department you work in it can be stress free
Great education
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
I enjoy the research I do here and the faculty is all very helpful. The classes can be quite tough at times but there are resources to aid us.
Could be better
Postdoc (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: disorganized, low pay
The pay is low, and the school is somewhat disorganized on the business side of things (timely paychecks, forms in order, etc.). I was not terribly impressed with my colleagues.
Pleasant Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 6, 2014
I worked as an Undergraduate Researcher while I was getting my bachelor's degree. My jobs hours were flexible and worked around my schedule. I was able to gain experience while still earning my degree.
A great environment within a productive research center.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
I work as an undergraduate research assistant for a center on campus. The center itself is very productive and provides opportunities for all members to grow through their research. My lab group is an interdisciplinary group, which has taught me to communicate well with others outside of my discipline. Everyone is always really helpful and willing to – more... teach me things I don't know. – less
Great environment for an engineer
REU Summer Research Assistant to Dr. Patricio Vela (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
I was surrounded by brilliant engineers, which was inspiring.

My lab had a great culture.
Opportunity of growth and development
ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Typical 8 hour work day
Chance to learned various software and applications
Management is opened to new ideas and operations
Great part-time job
Supervisor of Lab and X-Ray (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good place for prn work
Cons: none.
Worked part time in Baptist clinic. Fun, enjoyable. Worked with patients, physicians, nurses staff. Etc.
OK
SQL Server DBA, ETL Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
This is a OK please to work. Work load is low. Co-works are friendly. Commute is far.
Georgia Tech: endless possibilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
There are so many opportunities to excel. Research interests are treated with the a bit more importance than class work. Career development is great here. People are all very driven.
Excellent place to work with good environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits and work environment
Cons: low pay and bi-weekly payment.
Good place to work but the pay is low and pay is bi-weekly. Good co-oworkers and working atmosphere. There are lots of little perks and the benefits are pretty good. Overall good place to work.
Good place to work, not the best place to grow
Research Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
If you're looking for a relaxed work environment, unbeatable job security, great benefits with TONS of paid leave, and very friendly coworkers, this is the place. You're expected to be technically skilled and professional, and to deliver when it comes to meeting project goals, but you're given a lot of flexibility in terms of how your time is spent – more... in reaching those goals. I can't imagine a company with better work-life balance.

What I can imagine, however, is a company with more room for advancement, better opportunities to build a strong resume for career growth, and higher pay.

The trade-off is definitely fair, so it really depends on what you're after in life. For me, it would have been a better place to finish my career than to start it. – less
Good school
student (Former Employee), atlanta,GAAugust 3, 2014
Georgia institute of technology is a good school. i love to be a part of georgia tech.
Productive and fun but consistency required
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
Life as a PhD graduate student is exciting, fun, and at the same time hardworking. It is a great experience to become an active researcher at one of the nation's top research institutes.
Excellent experience
Research Internship (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Worked with PhD student to perform lab analysis. Excellent experience with freedom in hours
Flexible work environment
Electronic Systems Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: very loose organizational structure
A typical day consist of meetings and/or research for various DoD funded projects.
Georgia Tech
Program Coordinator of Employer Relations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Georgia Tech is a good place to work and build a career. Especially, since the school pays for you to attend grad school.
job review
Stock/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working around big time college athletes
Cons: no work in the summer and unemployment was too little to survive off of
I started off small in the kitchen as a runner meaning i ran items to cafeteria for cooks and chefs. I stocked all juice machines,ice machines plates and silverware. I also cleaned up all parts of cafeteria by sweeping mopping and washing dishes. I help with stocking and emptying trash.After a year i was recruited to work in a more exclusive part of – more... cafeteria with a small raise and i did same job with more stocking and helping prepare meals. – less
Awesome Experience
Defense Portfolio Student Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
I loved every moment of my time here!

My boss was supportive and professional.
My co-workers were great.
Fun Place to work
Summer Intern (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 12, 2014
Pros: highly qualified peers, foosball
Lots to learn and one of the best places to work at..
Awesome place to learn and grow as an individual

1 2 3 4 5