Georgia Urology

Georgia Urology Employer Reviews

Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Receptionist
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Snellville, GAOctober 17, 2013
• Check-In and Check Out of all patients for multiple physicians.
• Answer multi-line phones system and direct calls to appropriate staff.
• Schedule and confirm patient appointments or medical consultations, both on the phone and at check out.
• Greet patients and determine purpose of visit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Operate – more... office equipment, such as computer software (EHR/EPM), copier, scanner, fax machine, credit card and check scanners.
• Instruct patients on completing documents, such as intake, insurance forms, and medical releases.
• Capture demographics and insurance information of every patient.
• Pre-Certify Insurance for referrals or prior authorization.
• Receive and route messages or documents to appropriate staff.
• Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
• Receive payments in forms of checks, cash, credit or debit; verify amounts and check for accuracy.
• Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record and issue computer-generated receipts.
• Count currency, checks, and electronic transactions for daily batching and depositing to local branch banks. – less
Busy, energetic, fast pace enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAOctober 2, 2013
GU is a very energetic fast pace envirormnt. Alot of demandng but friendly patients. Dedicated and hard working staff and doctors.
Poor place to work.
Medical Assistant/Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 28, 2013
Did not respect their employees. Management was poor, no encouragement, no value in employees.
New Company Bought My Company
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Roswell, GAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: we got our first raises in six years.
Cons: we are expected to learn new computer systems too quickly.
Georgia Urology has only owned North Fulton Urology for about 6 months. We are still being trained in completely new computer systems and styles of business. It is too soon to give a realistic review.
Busy Urology Practice
Medical Assistant/Back Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: working with my assigned physician
Cons: benefits
A very busy Urology practice. I learned to multitask very quickly. Hardest part of the job was the phone triage during clinic. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my physician.
Good Company and decent benefits liked the people
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GeorgiaAugust 23, 2012
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: sometimes does not work as a team
Overall good company to work for with great people, decent benefits, learned alot about medicare and medicare contracts
Excellent place to work
RMA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2012
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: traveling
I assisted with many in-office procedures. A typical day was filled with procedures and patients coming into the office for post-op visits. I worked with bodily fluids on a daily basis and drew blood proficiently. The hardest part of the job was working out the physicians schedule when they had emergency surgeries and the most enjoyable part was learning – more... new procedures. – less
Worked there for 10 Years and enjoyed my job
Front Office (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAMay 19, 2012
Pros: good company
Cons: laid off
Good company just got laid off. Learned alot did front office work