Georgia Urology Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAApril 19, 2017
You work long days, don't feel appreciated, and management has no respect for the clinical technicians that keep the clinics running. The COO is unable to keep track of all clinics.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and working with the patients
Cons
Sometimes you dont get a lunch break, dont get paid for traveling to different locations
Most disorganized place I've ever worked.
worker (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Never enough people, too few doctors, staff contact lists always out of date, multiple offices who don't seem to know what each other is doing, constant complaints from patients, pharmacies, outside providers and outside businesses that no one ever returns their calls, 30 minute lunches, overworked staff frequently robbed of breaks because management will make it YOUR responsibility to cover THEIR staff shortages, and on and on.
Great place to work for
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 9, 2016
My co workers describe me as an asset to the company. They understand goals. There are always praise from the physicians and managers. Whenever an employee needs time to speak confidentially to a manager, they always have time.
Pros
Great manager who has compassion and treats all employees equally
Cons
There are none. Great place to work for
Great work environment
Medical Assistant/ LPN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJuly 9, 2016
Appreciation from management for being a loyal worker was great. Company paid very well and benefits were outstanding.
Great company and staff that feels more like family.
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 21, 2016
Georgia Urology has been a part of my life for a decade. Coworkers have become friends for life, and management has been there to help through difficult times in my life. I do not want to leave this company, but i have hit a wall in advancement. So with regret, i'll start looking for a new opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Staggering workload with no compensation
Enjoy working at Georgia Urology
CAT SCAN TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 25, 2016
My typical day can be pretty steady. Since working at Georgia Urology, I have become proficient in obtaining patient insurance benefits, and acquiring prior authorizations for Ct Scans.
The hardest part of my job is at times it can be very chaotic. I do enjoy interacting with my patients. Management has been very fair to me and treated me well.
Pros
I have control of my own schedule
Cons
Having to inform patients of financial responsibility
Awesome workplace
Medical Receptionist/ Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
This was one of the most wonderful jobs i have ever applied for. I am so thankful to have been a part of this awesome staff. It was a lot to do and learn on a daily basis
Pros
I love this job
Cons
Nothing was weong here
Tough Place!!!
Registered Medical Assistant/Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 24, 2016
This place will make you or break you! GU was horrible management wise. However, the physicians were a jewel. I learned a lot but suffered from their failure to plan and appreciate the staff, The staff is the important piece of what keep the business going the lack of appreciation was obvious, The greed was obvious and the lack to care about anything but MONEY was obvious to not only the staff but the patient's. ALL ABOUT NUMBERS AND MEETING THE "QUOTA". CEO HAS USED CAR SALESMAN MENTALITY!!! Terrible for Healthcare good for used cars.
Pros
Caring Physicians
Cons
Horrible Mangement
N/a
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 22, 2015
Working for Georgia Urology allowed me to gain more working knowledge into the front office of a clinic. During my time with this company, I was able to gain a more in depth understanding of the urologic system.
internship
Registered Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 17, 2014
This was my intership here and then hired on permanant. Learned so much from my co-workers
Pros
learned alot
Cons
no team work
The atmosphere is wonderful
Dekalb Women Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GAOctober 22, 2014
Working with this company humble me and realize that my personal complaints in life are minor.
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse - PACU/Pre-Op (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Great co-workers with a lot of teamwork to make it through our busy surgical schedule.
Fast pace environment where the patients make you smile every day
Front Office Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy and if you're not an organized person, it's very easy to mix things up. I've learned that time is very vital and you have to be proactive. Management is fair and the co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not knowing which day the computer systems will go down. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing families smile and giving thanks frequently.
Benefits
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austell, GaMay 24, 2014
I learned a lot at Tanner from the RN's that trained me. There is a lot of hometown feeling at this hospital
Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Receptionist
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAOctober 17, 2013
• Check-In and Check Out of all patients for multiple physicians.
• Answer multi-line phones system and direct calls to appropriate staff.
• Schedule and confirm patient appointments or medical consultations, both on the phone and at check out.
• Greet patients and determine purpose of visit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Operate office equipment, such as computer software (EHR/EPM), copier, scanner, fax machine, credit card and check scanners.
• Instruct patients on completing documents, such as intake, insurance forms, and medical releases.
• Capture demographics and insurance information of every patient.
• Pre-Certify Insurance for referrals or prior authorization.
• Receive and route messages or documents to appropriate staff.
• Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
• Receive payments in forms of checks, cash, credit or debit; verify amounts and check for accuracy.
• Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record and issue computer-generated receipts.
• Count currency, checks, and electronic transactions for daily batching and depositing to local branch banks.
Busy, energetic, fast pace enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 2, 2013
GU is a very energetic fast pace envirormnt. Alot of demandng but friendly patients. Dedicated and hard working staff and doctors.
Poor place to work.
Medical Assistant/Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 28, 2013
Did not respect their employees. Management was poor, no encouragement, no value in employees.
New Company Bought My Company
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 18, 2013
Georgia Urology has only owned North Fulton Urology for about 6 months. We are still being trained in completely new computer systems and styles of business. It is too soon to give a realistic review.
Pros
We got our first raises in six years.
Cons
We are expected to learn new computer systems too quickly.
Busy Urology Practice
Medical Assistant/Back Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 3, 2013
A very busy Urology practice. I learned to multitask very quickly. Hardest part of the job was the phone triage during clinic. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my physician.
Pros
working with my assigned physician
benefits
Good Company and decent benefits liked the people
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GeorgiaAugust 23, 2012
Overall good company to work for with great people, decent benefits, learned alot about medicare and medicare contracts
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
sometimes does not work as a team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia Urology. Our community is ready to answer.