Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Receptionist
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) – Snellville, GA – October 17, 2013
• Check-In and Check Out of all patients for multiple physicians.
• Answer multi-line phones system and direct calls to appropriate staff.
• Schedule and confirm patient appointments or medical consultations, both on the phone and at check out.
• Greet patients and determine purpose of visit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Operate office equipment, such as computer software (EHR/EPM), copier, scanner, fax machine, credit card and check scanners.
• Instruct patients on completing documents, such as intake, insurance forms, and medical releases.
• Capture demographics and insurance information of every patient.
• Pre-Certify Insurance for referrals or prior authorization.
• Receive and route messages or documents to appropriate staff.
• Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
• Receive payments in forms of checks, cash, credit or debit; verify amounts and check for accuracy.
• Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record and issue computer-generated receipts.
• Count currency, checks, and electronic transactions for daily batching and depositing to local branch banks.