Georgia World Congress Center Employee Reviews in United States

Not productive
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2016
Its a okay place to work at if you're a teenager trying to work for the summer. But fully trying to depend on this to make a living is not the place for that. I was working two jobs and they told me I have to put them first before any other job. And my second job guaranteed me 6days. Gwcca can't guarantee you any hours per week. So I just said forget it and quit. My advise to applicants out there is if you tryna get on with the georgia world congress center and you get hired and on top of that another guaranteed job offer come along and you take it, then You might as well quit gwcca.
Pros
georgia contribution benefits, Weekly pay, get yearly raises
Cons
only work when theres an event, They want you to put them first before an other job, poor management, They overwork you, They treat there employees like dogs, No paid vacations or holidays, Malacious Gossip, They dont care about there employees, Very disfunctional work enviroment, Nosey employees
Same old
fabric (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 5, 2016
This place is not an ideal place to work unless you like being mistreated by management and don't mind working for peanuts. I am seeking a full time job with benefits.
Decent hourly pay but not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work for and learn new things while working. You will meet new people of all races, age groups, and different personalities as well. Its a decent job to have and even better as a career if you advance.
Great job
Part-time Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I loved working at this job. Working at the Georgia Dome was awesome. I would have stayed if they paid a little more or would have gotten promoted quicker. Great atmosphere.
Productive and draining workplace
Housekeeping and Building services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
Working as a janitor isn't the best job in the world. People throw trash in front of you, and don't even speak to you. It's like you're invisible to them until they find something dirty in the bathroom, or when they toss a cigarette on the ground.
Pros
Looking at people.
Cons
Working.
There is no room for growth
Set-Up Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2012
This could be a better place for employment if there where more opportunities for advancement. The management staff are very inconsiderate in the ESS department. It's almost like you give it your all in hopes of getting some type of recognition, or to receive gradualism only to receive nothing! Could go on an on but I have some job searching to do. . .
Pros
there aren't any!
Cons
no benefits, short breaks or no breaks, no advancement etc.
fun to watch all the shows move in and out worked 1996 olymoics
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2013
My main job was maintenance during the day i ran scissor lift to work on ceiling repair and drywall repair changed door hardware patched carpet worked in carpenter shop to make different things for shows or for maintenance repairs.During all major shows i worked on installation of the show being electrical, for power in booths, also ran forklift to unload trucks or freight for shows, also in tear down of shows i worked fork lift, during busy show season i worked 7 days a week alot of times.management was good . coworkers there were a variety of talent on employees plumbing hvac carpentery electrical painting you could learn a lot from working with all these departments. working the olympics was nice to say i was there but i had 2 days off in a 6 month period it was exciting though, Seeing all the stuff on the supershow,the sport show,
Pros
holidays leave and benefits
Cons
the pay was bad starting off
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2012
A typical day for at work is busy, mostly standing around. My co-workers were very helpful with assisting in duties, never really learned much from management not very hands on. Customer service would have to be the best part of the job for me, meeting new people. The hardest part was I wasn't presented a challenge, everything was routine.
Pros
benefits, paid every week
Cons
no advancement
Beyond professional and productive
Employee Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This was one of my best jobs. I had to leave because my particular position was not much pay. It was by far an great honor to work there and the benefits are awesome.
Ok workplace
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaSeptember 24, 2015
I maintained the upkeep and cleanliness of the GA World Congress Center, GA Dome, and Centennial Olympic Park. Assignments were cleaning restrooms, meeting rooms, exhibit halls, field, and grounds. Additionally, I set up meeting rooms, exhibit halls, bleachers, and field for scheduled events using diagrams as provided or needed
Pros
Cons
no regular work hours
Interesting place to work as you are constantly meeting new people and introduced to various cultures
Senior Banquet Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work consist of knowing and obliging the Show Management and Conventions Attendees needs . Winning one customer at a time. Management has a hands on attitude. we work as a team to get the job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do quick flips from one service to another for functions of 3000+. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the Conventioneers.
Productive Workplace
Event Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
It was good to interact with the many varieties of vendors and customers who were on the show floors. It was a good work environment, everyone got along.
lots of work, the business is growing but salaries are not at the Georgia Median Level, not even close
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2013
great place for entry level workers
people are nice but there are no amenties except the matching of 401k at 1% and vac & sick time accumulation monthly is good
no bonuses, nothing special about this place.
Pros
covered parking, on-site cafeteria
Cons
salary, no advancement, good-ole-boys-club
Fun and friendly work environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2012
I worked a long term tempory position with this company as a accounts payable clerk and office assistant. My typical day consisted of researching and keeping a spreadsheets of company payments to some of their vendors to ensure proper and timely payment. I would also tally each days' bills and put them in a batch to be approved for payment.The company's accounting dept. also handled finances for two other large venues, so it was always a busy place. My co-workers were very helpful with any questions I had for them, and the management was very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was busy all of the time, so I was able to interact with a lot of different people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was making sure the batches always balanced out.
Exciting
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2015
The games and events were always exciting. this is another job I would go back to if circumstances were presented.

1:A typical day at work moves pretty fast and easy. Greeting customers or guiding tourist the the Congress and also usually with a joke or a smile added.

2:I learned a lot of patience and understanding whenever a customer had a complaint as always and I learned that with a lot of hard work anything can be achieved. even in uncomfortable situations with celebrities if we were to have a concert

3:Management is laid back but when it came to rush our or really busy summers , we were all on accord as a team. I also really approve of my supervisors leadership skills Mr.Rick Mckinney. he helped me realize that not all authority has to be difficult.

4:I am usually a goofy guy so I always had co-workers laughing which made stressful days a little easier to handle for all of us. some of the co-workers and I didn't get along honestly but we kept things as professional as possible.

5:The hardest part of the job would have to be when things are stressful you can see some of the supervisors losing it on the employees in front of the customers sometimes of course those few individuals don't last long. other then that it was still a fun job , the free games made it worth it.

6:The Best part of the job is always going to be seeing the smiles on everyone's face. watching them enjoy themselves put a smile on my face. I usually would go out of my way to achieve this.
Productive, Fun, with a socially educational experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  DomeFebruary 25, 2015
I love the different ethnic experiences and educational valued lessons. The employers are friendly and exciting. The wages are reasonable and the benefits are extensive.
Great Workplace
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Constant Fast Pace With Or Without A Show great schedule choice to work around your personal life as well compensation after leaving is a nice amount
Productive and fun work environment
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2015
Provide great customer service to customers, provide any information needed, answer telephones, file papers, keep area cleaned.
Great Management
Levy Restaurant Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Management team has taught me a lot at the Congress Center. They've taken chances and found the need to work with new employees
Enjoyable job during events!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working the events At the GWCC. There were so many different types of events which means there were many different types of people to interact with. Learned a bit about many different industries. This job only downfall was during non event times it was a very lonely job. I liked the fact that each day I usually did many different tasks.
Pros
periododic free lunch, willing to work with schedule
Cons
desolate. always felt that everyone was dispensiable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia World Congress Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia World Congress Center Reviews by Location