Georgia World Congress Center Employee Reviews

Decent hourly pay but not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work for and learn new things while working. You will meet new people of all races, age groups, and different personalities as well. Its a decent job to have and even better as a career if you advance.
Productive and draining workplace
Housekeeping and Building services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
Working as a janitor isn't the best job in the world. People throw trash in front of you, and don't even speak to you. It's like you're invisible to them until they find something dirty in the bathroom, or when they toss a cigarette on the ground.
Pros
Looking at people.
Cons
Working.
Productive Workplace
Event Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
It was good to interact with the many varieties of vendors and customers who were on the show floors. It was a good work environment, everyone got along.
Ok workplace
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaSeptember 24, 2015
I maintained the upkeep and cleanliness of the GA World Congress Center, GA Dome, and Centennial Olympic Park. Assignments were cleaning restrooms, meeting rooms, exhibit halls, field, and grounds. Additionally, I set up meeting rooms, exhibit halls, bleachers, and field for scheduled events using diagrams as provided or needed
Pros
Cons
no regular work hours
Beyond professional and productive
Employee Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This was one of my best jobs. I had to leave because my particular position was not much pay. It was by far an great honor to work there and the benefits are awesome.
Productive and fun work environment
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2015
Provide great customer service to customers, provide any information needed, answer telephones, file papers, keep area cleaned.
Exciting
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2015
The games and events were always exciting. this is another job I would go back to if circumstances were presented.

1:A typical day at work moves pretty fast and easy. Greeting customers or guiding tourist the the Congress and also usually with a joke or a smile added.

2:I learned a lot of patience and understanding whenever a customer had a complaint as always and I learned that with a lot of hard work anything can be achieved. even in uncomfortable situations with celebrities if we were to have a concert

3:Management is laid back but when it came to rush our or really busy summers , we were all on accord as a team. I also really approve of my supervisors leadership skills Mr.Rick Mckinney. he helped me realize that not all authority has to be difficult.

4:I am usually a goofy guy so I always had co-workers laughing which made stressful days a little easier to handle for all of us. some of the co-workers and I didn't get along honestly but we kept things as professional as possible.

5:The hardest part of the job would have to be when things are stressful you can see some of the supervisors losing it on the employees in front of the customers sometimes of course those few individuals don't last long. other then that it was still a fun job , the free games made it worth it.

6:The Best part of the job is always going to be seeing the smiles on everyone's face. watching them enjoy themselves put a smile on my face. I usually would go out of my way to achieve this.
Great Workplace
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Constant Fast Pace With Or Without A Show great schedule choice to work around your personal life as well compensation after leaving is a nice amount
Interesting place to work as you are constantly meeting new people and introduced to various cultures
Senior Banquet Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work consist of knowing and obliging the Show Management and Conventions Attendees needs . Winning one customer at a time. Management has a hands on attitude. we work as a team to get the job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do quick flips from one service to another for functions of 3000+. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the Conventioneers.
Great Management
Levy Restaurant Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Management team has taught me a lot at the Congress Center. They've taken chances and found the need to work with new employees

Want to know more about Georgia World Congress Center?

Ask a question
Productive, Fun, with a socially educational experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  DomeFebruary 25, 2015
I love the different ethnic experiences and educational valued lessons. The employers are friendly and exciting. The wages are reasonable and the benefits are extensive.
The GWCC offered Best In Class Services for their clients, in a professional, safe and fun enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
It was an exciting place to work for, I loved being a part of a team- friendly multi-cultural work enviroment, that provided and met the needs of their clients, via The Georgia Dome, Congress Center and Centinnial Olympic Park..
Pros
convient.
Cons
the potition was not permanent
Enjoyable job during events!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working the events At the GWCC. There were so many different types of events which means there were many different types of people to interact with. Learned a bit about many different industries. This job only downfall was during non event times it was a very lonely job. I liked the fact that each day I usually did many different tasks.
Pros
periododic free lunch, willing to work with schedule
Cons
desolate. always felt that everyone was dispensiable.
Wonderful
Accountant Finance/Cashroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Learned about planes, how the flight food is brought onto the plane
Cultural
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
My daily duties included establishing show files for trade shows and taking payments for utility orders in regards to trade shows. Also worked with customers face to face once they arrived at the facility in placing new orders and taking payments. General office duties included typing, data entry, filing, email correspondences, and etc.
Pros
laid back work environment
Magnum Booth Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
I really enjoyed my job as an Officer at GWCC. I only worked six hours a day and sometime a few hours more. I had the privilege of meeting people from all walks of life. Just talking to them and being able to assist them with direction and signing them in the daily log sheet. But the most that I enjoy was meeting people and assisting very influencial people that attending games and different events. My co-worker that were there longer them me were able to help me learn the dome and how to be very consistance in my job.
na
Crew Trainer/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
I just loved working with people. There was always something new going on
Customer service
Security Officer II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2014
My best days is everyday. To get up out of bed and provide service and make people laugh and know that I could provide customer service and yet get the job done is a pleasure.

The hard part is if the customer is satisfy and did I do everything through policy to make that customer happy and welcome. How ever maintaining positivity and customer service is a must at the end of the day.

I enjoy interacting with customers for example.
Joke with them to make them smile or laugh.
Ask how they're doing.
Find out what they think and how they feel about our company. So I can help my Employer with ideas to make it better.
Productive,fun fast paced work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta.GAJune 26, 2014
A day at work consisted of me keeping the buildings clean. I learned how to properly clean and do more then one thing at one time in a timely manner. My coworkers were very easy to get along with and we just made the job fun and easy going. The hardest part of the job was really nothing at all it was very easy and straight forward and the most enjoyable were being able to watch the events on our breaks.
The best place to work in the Food Service Industry!
MGR Food Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA.June 10, 2014
As the banquet's manager in the fourth largest convention center I experienced and managed popcorn to caviar all in one day! On any given day I was responsible for all Hosted functions which could be providing 150 coffee services at 7:00 AM for a traditional industry convention, Breakfast buffets for the group, lunch service for the entire show buffet or set down style. Formal dinner services with wine, cocktail parties on site and offsite and. We served 15K boxed lunches for 3 days and finished with up a served out dinner for 10,500 guest. That was just one show! What a challenge and what a responsibility as a leader.

The leadership for the convention center was one of the best i ever worked with. I learned so much about the catering industry while managing volume and services that only a few people in the world are involved with.

If given the chance I would go back to this environment and style of service.
Pros
food service experience
Cons
physical demand on mind and body