Georgia World Congress Center Employee Reviews

resturant restroom and snack machine
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GADecember 17, 2017
it is extremely big filled withn a lot of people who has big investments and money put to display their successful business plans. It is busy and filled with a lot of wealthy individuals aone with their future investors which are their children
Pros
water fountains
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work and learn.
Building Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
Working at gwcc has been a great experience. The benefits are exceptional. Also has a very good work atmosphere. Lots of different shows and meetings.
Pros
Very good benefits package for full-time employees.
Cons
Employee cafeteria closes too early for second shift lunch.
The venue was huge and well kept because the of maintenance and cleaning crew.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2017
I retired in 2013 and the Georgia World Congress Center was my first job after retirement. The job was a very fun but at the same time serious job. Most ost of the employees in security were college students and was focused on completely there degrees. I really enjoyed mentoring them.
Pros
I enjoyed working part-time, getting paid every week, free parking and they had an awesome cafeteria.
Cons
Management needed to be more understanding in certain situations.
You don't work enough to support yourself
BARISTA/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
It is very hard to support yourself by working here alone. You would definitely have to have a second job. Your schedule is based on need so, basically, if you're not needed you're not on the schedule.
Yes fun
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2017
Very good environment find people to walk around and the opportunity to advance you learn more from different people get to see different things experience different cultures overall it was and is a Growing Experience
productive
Internship - Sales And Marketing/ Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
room for growth. great opportunity. Company pays okay. Room to move around with different departments. great friendly staff. hours are great. easy work
Good working enviroment for those that like to see gorwth on a daily basis
Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2017
Good work environment for the most part. But highly prejudices atmosphere amongst management. towards to workers. It is operated on a friend basis. There is no incentives for work done well and or properly.
Pros
opertuinty to meet people from around the world
Cons
No chance of advancement
Great job
Part-Time Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
I was at many events sometimes conventions when you are adding to a station closer to the gathering its a really interesting position. Otherwise if you are station on the exit or entries of the show rooms you must be extra Alert and watch everything that goes around you carefully. Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
1 hour Lunch/Break
Cons
Lot of walking
Very productive workplace.
On-Call Custodian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
I loved this job. They were very professional and they got straight to the point. I loved the supervisor there. She was a very nice person. I loved working the events they had there.
Pros
Free Chick-Fil-A, free food, free tickets for events, a hour break.
Cons
N/a
Great Culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2017
This was my first job out of college. The pay was great and the people was even better. I got a lot of hands on training that I still use to this day.
Pros
Total Workplace
Cons
Long Weeks
To obtain a position that utilizes my sill and offers an opportuntiy for professional
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
Formal dining and catering service for a variety of event
Received payment by cash check credit card
Greeting new people every day with smile and greeting
Pros
30minut
Cons
all
Busy, but nice place to work and meet people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
My day consist of greeting customers first thing in the morning for meetings and or appointments. Assist employees with computer or other issues, fix printer issues, order supplies and update records. I have learned to stay focused no matter what and to provide the best professional customer service to everyone I meet.
The hardest part may be trying to do most of those items with little to no help.
I enjoy the sense of accomplishment after helping a disgruntled customer or employee get what they need to feel better after a difficult experience.
Pros
cater to customers and push professionalism
Cons
healthcare choices
Na
Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2017
This was a lesson well learned. To always get everything in writing when in meeting. Ask question so that you and the manager has the same understanding about was is being ask from them.
Cons
Documentations to cover your actions.
Great Management, line cook, prep
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
I was an intern therefore. I learned stocking the correct way, ordering the correct amount of goods, cooked for high profile customers, and enjoyed the environment.
Pros
Great Manager and employees
Cons
Intern
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Great place to work, meet people of different cultures; learn to do new things in a different way; work very hard and ling hours but loved the atmosphere
The Worst Place to work in GA
Sr. HR Business Partner ( Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
This place is extremely racist and it is by far the worst place I have ever worked at. Although the workforce is 70 % african american , the leadership team is all white. The people are unprofessional and there is very little room for growth.
Pros
Convenient to Downtown
Cons
Salaries are Horrible, Leadership is Lazy, and their is very little Team Work.
Great Place To Work
Utility Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work. Love my job
Pay is ok. People are great. The location is great. Beautiful location. Great hours and off on weekends.Get to see interesting events.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
The management in the Banquets department has a hard time taking criticism but in the Sales department they are great at listening to issues and solving any problems.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2017
I highly recommend The Georgia World Congress Center to any in the field of hospitality.Great place to work fun people to be around an the good thing is your getting paid to do what you enjoy.
Pros
Free meals at the end of your shift.
Cons
High volume fast pace very little breaks
very insecure department to work in employee do not tranfer to that department
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Generally a very stressful place to work as it operates like the old boys club ,emphasis is not on quality work done but how much you suck-up and please the supervisor and be a part of their racist conversation .the supervisor sabotage my job to accomplishment misrepresent my job .
I have learnt to do only what management is comfortable with to have done so that their ego is protected
.The culture of the location is personal control do it so that it can be said that you worked on it not to correct the problem so that you would not be credit for a job well done .
For me the hardest part of the job was to be able to navigate my way through the obstacle set by the supervisor.
During my stay at GWCC my pleasure was share what know with the junior employee