Georgia World Congress Center

Georgia World Congress Center Employer Reviews

na
Crew Trainer/Crew Member (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
I just loved working with people. There was always something new going on
Customer service
Security Officer II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2014
My best days is everyday. To get up out of bed and provide service and make people laugh and know that I could provide customer service and yet get the job done is a pleasure.

The hard part is if the customer is satisfy and did I do everything through policy to make that customer happy and welcome. How ever maintaining positivity and customer service – more... is a must at the end of the day.

I enjoy interacting with customers for example.
Joke with them to make them smile or laugh.
Ask how they're doing.
Find out what they think and how they feel about our company. So I can help my Employer with ideas to make it better. – less
Productive,fun fast paced work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Atlanta.GAJune 26, 2014
A day at work consisted of me keeping the buildings clean. I learned how to properly clean and do more then one thing at one time in a timely manner. My coworkers were very easy to get along with and we just made the job fun and easy going. The hardest part of the job was really nothing at all it was very easy and straight forward and the most enjoyable – more... were being able to watch the events on our breaks. – less
The best place to work in the Food Service Industry!
MGR Food Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA.June 10, 2014
Pros: food service experience
Cons: physical demand on mind and body
As the banquet's manager in the fourth largest convention center I experienced and managed popcorn to caviar all in one day! On any given day I was responsible for all Hosted functions which could be providing 150 coffee services at 7:00 AM for a traditional industry convention, Breakfast buffets for the group, lunch service for the entire show buffet – more... or set down style. Formal dinner services with wine, cocktail parties on site and offsite and. We served 15K boxed lunches for 3 days and finished with up a served out dinner for 10,500 guest. That was just one show! What a challenge and what a responsibility as a leader.

The leadership for the convention center was one of the best i ever worked with. I learned so much about the catering industry while managing volume and services that only a few people in the world are involved with.

If given the chance I would go back to this environment and style of service. – less
its an fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2014
I love doing security, it is a great experience. the events are very big, its a lot of people from all over,
Fun place to work
Mgr Food Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: employee turnover
Busy
I learned about confidentiality in a Human Resource environment
Management worked witht he employees
We all helped each other
Turnover of the kitchen staff
Meeting new people
Productive, detailed orintated
House keeper/ Set (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, friendly enviorment
Cons: short breaks
First your paired in groups, then set out to complete your assignments. Working on a team gets the job done faster. The hardest part of the job I would say is standing for such long periods of time but besides that the job was perfect, outstanding co-workers and Managers.
Great Team Spirit and Unity
Building Services (Current Employee), Georgia DomeJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: enjoy the crowd at professional games
Cons: long hours
I wish the working hours would be more and regular. Seems favortism
the best company
Housekeeper-part time (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2013
Pros: a good company
Cons: the best company
the best company i ever work for i in joy the job
my boss was sweet to me help me with things i need help with
good job
Set-Up attendant Part time (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2013
very fast paced job. everyday was a different challenge. the work load varied from extremely light to very heavy
Productive and fun
Maintience (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2013
The job was fairly easy I learned to fix certain things. It was a diverse group of workers.The job was a learning exprience for me repairing windows door knobs and the like.
Fun Environment, team Players
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJune 5, 2013
Pros: all action packed events
Cons: pay wasn't that great, no free tickets or discounts to events
working at the Georgia Dome was never a dull moment, from football games to wrestling and graduation events. I've dealt with all different situations and guests. i learned how to deal with different people. To be successful at the Dome you have to be a team player and thats something I'm very good at. The hardest part of the job was to keep in mind – more... that your still at work and not really at a football game. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see people having a great time. – less
okay to work if you are a teen ager
park maintenance (Current Employee), atlanta gaApril 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: does not pay well
nice place to work for first time employees would not recommend for grown man unless you are full time.
Working Downtown was enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2013
Seeing Downtown area was beautiful! Meeting in people made the just as fun as the last one
fun to watch all the shows move in and out worked 1996 olymoics
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: holidays leave and benefits
Cons: the pay was bad starting off
My main job was maintenance during the day i ran scissor lift to work on ceiling repair and drywall repair changed door hardware patched carpet worked in carpenter shop to make different things for shows or for maintenance repairs.During all major shows i worked on installation of the show being electrical, for power in booths, also ran forklift to – more... unload trucks or freight for shows, also in tear down of shows i worked fork lift, during busy show season i worked 7 days a week alot of times.management was good . coworkers there were a variety of talent on employees plumbing hvac carpentery electrical painting you could learn a lot from working with all these departments. working the olympics was nice to say i was there but i had 2 days off in a 6 month period it was exciting though, Seeing all the stuff on the supershow,the sport show, – less
lots of work, the business is growing but salaries are not at the Georgia Median Level, not even close
Accounting (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: covered parking, on-site cafeteria
Cons: salary, no advancement, good-ole-boys-club
great place for entry level workers
people are nice but there are no amenties except the matching of 401k at 1% and vac & sick time accumulation monthly is good
no bonuses, nothing special about this place.
Building Service
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2012
Pros: christmas party
Cons: 30 minute lunch break
What I learned from the Georgia World Congress Center is using different cleaning products and It was a challenge on what goes to the restrooms.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job is watching the game when you are working throught sweeping the floors around the Georgia Dome.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2012
Cons: one hours lunch breaks
A typical day at work is the moment i clock in,and I get my assignments. I get my broom and dust pan. Then I clean restrooms, floors,VIP rooms, and office rooms that usually takes most of my day.
I Learned to use different cleaning equipment, and I wiped the handicap chairs.The most enjoyable part of the job is I sort the refill towel, soap, and paper – more... towelsin every restrooms. – less
The Position itself was fullfilling
Set-up Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: full-time hrs even in slow times
Cons: interdepartmental issues not being addressed
It was a challenging position on the daily basis, very physical. Always increases customer services skills with direct contact with the clients and their demands. Daily challenges with ever changing co-workers, which inturn sharpened my supervisory skills. Gratification received from the job was the Smiles and satisfaction expressed by the clients.
Constantly moving and busy. Being able to personal be all the shows.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA.October 12, 2012
Cleaning bathrooms, Interacting wirh people from all over the world.