Georgia World Congress Center

Georgia World Congress Center United States Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Security Officer II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Constant Fast Pace With Or Without A Show great schedule choice to work around your personal life as well compensation after leaving is a nice amount
Interesting place to work as you are constantly meeting new people and introduced to various cultures
Senior Banquet Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work consist of knowing and obliging the Show Management and Conventions Attendees needs . Winning one customer at a time. Management has a hands on attitude. we work as a team to get the job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do quick flips from one service to another for functions of 3000+. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the Conventioneers.
Great Management
Levy Restaurant Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Management team has taught me a lot at the Congress Center. They've taken chances and found the need to work with new employees
Productive, Fun, with a socially educational experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), DomeFebruary 25, 2015
I love the different ethnic experiences and educational valued lessons. The employers are friendly and exciting. The wages are reasonable and the benefits are extensive.
The GWCC offered Best In Class Services for their clients, in a professional, safe and fun enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: convient.
Cons: the potition was not permanent
It was an exciting place to work for, I loved being a part of a team- friendly multi-cultural work enviroment, that provided and met the needs of their clients, via The Georgia Dome, Congress Center and Centinnial Olympic Park..
Enjoyable job during events!
Security Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: periododic free lunch, willing to work with schedule
Cons: desolate. always felt that everyone was dispensiable.
I really enjoyed working the events At the GWCC. There were so many different types of events which means there were many different types of people to interact with. Learned a bit about many different industries. This job only downfall was during non event times it was a very lonely job. I liked the fact that each day I usually did many different tasks.
productive
CSC Event Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Gained A lot Of Experience And Learned Different Skills Achieved Goals , Gained Better Hospitality And Customer Service Skills, Enjoyed Meeting New People
Wonderful
Accountant Finance/Cashroom Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Learned about planes, how the flight food is brought onto the plane
Cultural
Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment
My daily duties included establishing show files for trade shows and taking payments for utility orders in regards to trade shows. Also worked with customers face to face once they arrived at the facility in placing new orders and taking payments. General office duties included typing, data entry, filing, email correspondences, and etc.
Magnum Booth Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
I really enjoyed my job as an Officer at GWCC. I only worked six hours a day and sometime a few hours more. I had the privilege of meeting people from all walks of life. Just talking to them and being able to assist them with direction and signing them in the daily log sheet. But the most that I enjoy was meeting people and assisting very influencial people that attending games and different events. My co-worker that were there longer them me were able to help me learn the dome and how to be very consistance in my job.
na
Crew Trainer/Crew Member (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
I just loved working with people. There was always something new going on
Customer service
Security Officer II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2014
My best days is everyday. To get up out of bed and provide service and make people laugh and know that I could provide customer service and yet get the job done is a pleasure.

The hard part is if the customer is satisfy and did I do everything through policy to make that customer happy and welcome. How ever maintaining positivity and customer service is a must at the end of the day.

I enjoy interacting with customers for example.
Joke with them to make them smile or laugh.
Ask how they're doing.
Find out what they think and how they feel about our company. So I can help my Employer with ideas to make it better.
Productive,fun fast paced work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Atlanta.GAJune 26, 2014
A day at work consisted of me keeping the buildings clean. I learned how to properly clean and do more then one thing at one time in a timely manner. My coworkers were very easy to get along with and we just made the job fun and easy going. The hardest part of the job was really nothing at all it was very easy and straight forward and the most enjoyable were being able to watch the events on our breaks.
The best place to work in the Food Service Industry!
MGR Food Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA.June 10, 2014
Pros: food service experience
Cons: physical demand on mind and body
As the banquet's manager in the fourth largest convention center I experienced and managed popcorn to caviar all in one day! On any given day I was responsible for all Hosted functions which could be providing 150 coffee services at 7:00 AM for a traditional industry convention, Breakfast buffets for the group, lunch service for the entire show buffet or set down style. Formal dinner services with wine, cocktail parties on site and offsite and. We served 15K boxed lunches for 3 days and finished with up a served out dinner for 10,500 guest. That was just one show! What a challenge and what a responsibility as a leader.

The leadership for the convention center was one of the best i ever worked with. I learned so much about the catering industry while managing volume and services that only a few people in the world are involved with.

If given the chance I would go back to this environment and style of service.
its an fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2014
I love doing security, it is a great experience. the events are very big, its a lot of people from all over,
Fun place to work
Mgr Food Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: employee turnover
Busy
I learned about confidentiality in a Human Resource environment
Management worked witht he employees
We all helped each other
Turnover of the kitchen staff
Meeting new people
Productive, detailed orintated
House keeper/ Set (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, friendly enviorment
Cons: short breaks
First your paired in groups, then set out to complete your assignments. Working on a team gets the job done faster. The hardest part of the job I would say is standing for such long periods of time but besides that the job was perfect, outstanding co-workers and Managers.
Great Team Spirit and Unity
Building Services (Current Employee), Georgia DomeJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: enjoy the crowd at professional games
Cons: long hours
I wish the working hours would be more and regular. Seems favortism
the best company
Housekeeper-part time (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2013
Pros: a good company
Cons: the best company
the best company i ever work for i in joy the job
my boss was sweet to me help me with things i need help with
good job
Set-Up attendant Part time (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2013
very fast paced job. everyday was a different challenge. the work load varied from extremely light to very heavy

1 2 3