Georgia World Congress Center Employee Reviews

very insecure department to work in employee do not tranfer to that department
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Generally a very stressful place to work as it operates like the old boys club ,emphasis is not on quality work done but how much you suck-up and please the supervisor and be a part of their racist conversation .the supervisor sabotage my job to accomplishment misrepresent my job .
I have learnt to do only what management is comfortable with to have done so that their ego is protected
.The culture of the location is personal control do it so that it can be said that you worked on it not to correct the problem so that you would not be credit for a job well done .
For me the hardest part of the job was to be able to navigate my way through the obstacle set by the supervisor.
During my stay at GWCC my pleasure was share what know with the junior employee
Not productive
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2016
Its a okay place to work at if you're a teenager trying to work for the summer. But fully trying to depend on this to make a living is not the place for that. I was working two jobs and they told me I have to put them first before any other job. And my second job guaranteed me 6days. Gwcca can't guarantee you any hours per week. So I just said forget it and quit. My advise to applicants out there is if you tryna get on with the georgia world congress center and you get hired and on top of that another guaranteed job offer come along and you take it, then You might as well quit gwcca.
Pros
georgia contribution benefits, Weekly pay, get yearly raises
Cons
only work when theres an event, They want you to put them first before an other job, poor management, They overwork you, They treat there employees like dogs, No paid vacations or holidays, Malacious Gossip, They dont care about there employees, Very disfunctional work enviroment, Nosey employees
It was an exciting experience
Temporary job (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2016
I worked as a security guard during world expo. I met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. The most difficult part of being a security guard is stand on my feet for long hours.
Had a chance to meet some great people.
Event Staff Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2016
I think G.WC.C. was great place work and learn new skills that you may need in the work force. I think the on the job training has help me a lot.
Pros
Very helpful staff and management.
Cons
Unstable work hours.
security position
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2016
Do the like this place, they do not respect there workers ,treat you loosey, pay is low and will stay that way. They don't communicate well at all.not organize have a we don't care attitude.
Same old
fabric (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 5, 2016
This place is not an ideal place to work unless you like being mistreated by management and don't mind working for peanuts. I am seeking a full time job with benefits.
There is no room for growth
Set-Up Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2012
This could be a better place for employment if there where more opportunities for advancement. The management staff are very inconsiderate in the ESS department. It's almost like you give it your all in hopes of getting some type of recognition, or to receive gradualism only to receive nothing! Could go on an on but I have some job searching to do. . .
Pros
there aren't any!
Cons
no benefits, short breaks or no breaks, no advancement etc.
fun to watch all the shows move in and out worked 1996 olymoics
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2013
My main job was maintenance during the day i ran scissor lift to work on ceiling repair and drywall repair changed door hardware patched carpet worked in carpenter shop to make different things for shows or for maintenance repairs.During all major shows i worked on installation of the show being electrical, for power in booths, also ran forklift to unload trucks or freight for shows, also in tear down of shows i worked fork lift, during busy show season i worked 7 days a week alot of times.management was good . coworkers there were a variety of talent on employees plumbing hvac carpentery electrical painting you could learn a lot from working with all these departments. working the olympics was nice to say i was there but i had 2 days off in a 6 month period it was exciting though, Seeing all the stuff on the supershow,the sport show,
Pros
holidays leave and benefits
Cons
the pay was bad starting off
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2012
A typical day for at work is busy, mostly standing around. My co-workers were very helpful with assisting in duties, never really learned much from management not very hands on. Customer service would have to be the best part of the job for me, meeting new people. The hardest part was I wasn't presented a challenge, everything was routine.
Pros
benefits, paid every week
Cons
no advancement
Work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Set up and tear down displays for upcoming events, assist guests, and clean area. I've learned great customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a great team and being a part of the event.
lots of work, the business is growing but salaries are not at the Georgia Median Level, not even close
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2013
great place for entry level workers
people are nice but there are no amenties except the matching of 401k at 1% and vac & sick time accumulation monthly is good
no bonuses, nothing special about this place.
Pros
covered parking, on-site cafeteria
Cons
salary, no advancement, good-ole-boys-club
Great job
Part-time Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I loved working at this job. Working at the Georgia Dome was awesome. I would have stayed if they paid a little more or would have gotten promoted quicker. Great atmosphere.
Fun and friendly work environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2012
I worked a long term tempory position with this company as a accounts payable clerk and office assistant. My typical day consisted of researching and keeping a spreadsheets of company payments to some of their vendors to ensure proper and timely payment. I would also tally each days' bills and put them in a batch to be approved for payment.The company's accounting dept. also handled finances for two other large venues, so it was always a busy place. My co-workers were very helpful with any questions I had for them, and the management was very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was busy all of the time, so I was able to interact with a lot of different people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was making sure the batches always balanced out.
Decent hourly pay but not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work for and learn new things while working. You will meet new people of all races, age groups, and different personalities as well. Its a decent job to have and even better as a career if you advance.
Interesting place to work as you are constantly meeting new people and introduced to various cultures
Senior Banquet Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work consist of knowing and obliging the Show Management and Conventions Attendees needs . Winning one customer at a time. Management has a hands on attitude. we work as a team to get the job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do quick flips from one service to another for functions of 3000+. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the Conventioneers.
Productive and draining workplace
Housekeeping and Building services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
Working as a janitor isn't the best job in the world. People throw trash in front of you, and don't even speak to you. It's like you're invisible to them until they find something dirty in the bathroom, or when they toss a cigarette on the ground.
Pros
Looking at people.
Cons
Working.
Beyond professional and productive
Employee Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This was one of my best jobs. I had to leave because my particular position was not much pay. It was by far an great honor to work there and the benefits are awesome.
Productive, Fun, with a socially educational experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  DomeFebruary 25, 2015
I love the different ethnic experiences and educational valued lessons. The employers are friendly and exciting. The wages are reasonable and the benefits are extensive.
Busy, entertaining, clean and professional business
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2012
A very busy place with various great external and internal customers. Its a good and fun place to work a lot of the times. It is a good place for getting started with employment. Keeping up with the many demands can sometimes be challenging, but it is done well by a great team of workers who strive for excellent service! Working with the internal and external customers is an enjoyable part of the job. You never know sometimes how each day will differ, but it's great knowing it will bring some happiness to a lot of people, dispite the economy!
Pros
inexpensive lunches, special incentives and awards
Cons
short staff and high turnover at times
Customer service
Security Officer II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2014
My best days is everyday. To get up out of bed and provide service and make people laugh and know that I could provide customer service and yet get the job done is a pleasure.

The hard part is if the customer is satisfy and did I do everything through policy to make that customer happy and welcome. How ever maintaining positivity and customer service is a must at the end of the day.

I enjoy interacting with customers for example.
Joke with them to make them smile or laugh.
Ask how they're doing.
Find out what they think and how they feel about our company. So I can help my Employer with ideas to make it better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia World Congress Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgia World Congress Center Reviews by Location